PDA

View Full Version : Get Spider-Man on DVD for FREE

Gurney Devries
Oct 15th, 2002, 12:32:00 AM
... if your last name is "Parker".

http://half.ebay.com/promos/advance_orders/peter_parker.cfm

As a promotion, Half.com is giving away free copies of Spider-Man on DVD if your last name is "Parker". If your first name is "Peter", you get $5 off. And if your whole name is actually "Peter Parker", you get the DVD for free, plus a $25 giftcard.

Seeing as how all you have to do is fax them a copy of your driver's license, I can see a whole lot of room for fraud on this.

Figrin D'an
Oct 15th, 2002, 01:15:33 AM
This will draw all the Photoshop kiddies out of the woodwork...

JonathanLB
Oct 15th, 2002, 02:18:45 AM
Great, something to do tomorrow night! Make myself a fake ID :)

Ahhh, I love the wonders of modern technology.

Haha, j/k.

Well I used to know a Peter, and I know a Parker, but that's his first name, not his last name, haha.

Good deal, though.

darth_mcbain
Oct 15th, 2002, 06:17:43 AM
I know a few Parkers - I'll have to pass this along. It would be so easy to fake this one out though - all you need is a little time and Photoshop.

Darth Viscera
Oct 15th, 2002, 06:22:39 AM
They'll probably be verifying that info. Note that it says "valid" state driver's license, passport, state identification or social security card.

Then again, they may make a booboo, like the time buy.com accidently issued a coupon for $50 off an order of $50 or more. :lol :lol *pets his $-14.65 MS Sidewinder Game Voice, then throws the damn thing back in the drawer to be unused for another 2 years*

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 15th, 2002, 12:21:52 PM
:lol thats great! $50 off...:lol

Sejah Haversh
Oct 15th, 2002, 02:24:27 PM
Hey, half my family has he last name Parker. But, none of them wanted to see the movie, so, the odds of me getting it free from them are nil.

Dang, now I just have to wait for a superhero to have the last name "de la Guardia". That should only take, what, a thousand years?

darth_mcbain
Oct 15th, 2002, 04:16:12 PM
We just need a superhero named Smith... ;)

JediBoricua
Oct 15th, 2002, 06:56:39 PM
how about Herrero?

My english teacher was 'de la Guardia', any puertorrican relatives Sejah?

Sejah Haversh
Oct 15th, 2002, 08:50:18 PM
No, but, I do have many relatives in Central America. The Italian de la Guardias are a branch off from the Spanish family that occurred in about the mid 700's or so AD. Got an uncle that traced the Spanish part of the family back to about 480 AD or somethign like that.

And if you ever see any Spanish wine from la Guardia, DO NOT DRINK IT! Nasty nasty nasty!

But, your teacher could have been related to the large group of my relatices who live in Panama and Costa Rica.

JediBoricua
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:12:59 PM
Perhaps, i liked that teacher, it was a very good class!

I don't recall her having family from Central America, but who knows...

Anyway, back to topic, don't mind us hijackers!

Leeloo Mina
Oct 15th, 2002, 11:27:44 PM
That's pretty neat.. Think they'll ever have a super hero with the last name Kincaid? :(

There was a guy in one of the Nightmare of elm street movies that they called "Kincaide" so.. but what are the chances of another contest like this AND a superhero wih my last name? :\

Sejah Haversh
Oct 16th, 2002, 01:37:35 AM
Well, I know it's little consolation, but there are a series of new radio shows made not far form where I live, and one of them is called "Kincaide: The Strange Seeker".