PDA

View Full Version : OOC: A Guide To Training Mission III

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 14th, 2002, 10:04:36 AM
This is for all the apprentices who are currently participating. The other thread concerning the mission got hijacked, so I decided to make this. Please don't post unless it's directly concerning the thread!

This is so that you can all discuss what you might want to do as a group before your characters actually do it. There will be several obstacles that will be put in your path. I will be posting to the thread either after I receive replies from all of the participants, or after 48 hours. If I don't receive a reply from someone within 48 hours of some kind of development, then I'm going to unfortunately eliminate that character from the mission.

Your first obstacle, as you now know, is the sandstorm that you're trapped in. I'll be posting here periodically as the thread develops to give you some insight into what you should be focusing on.

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 14th, 2002, 08:03:17 PM
Gouyen, I really would hate to sound like the conservative, but what you posted about using the Force to calm the storm is a power way beyond the reach of a single apprentice... Especially a storm that spans for miles... Master are sometimes hard pressed to do something like that, in fact. It's a good idea, but you need to reconsider your approach. :|

Oh, and one more thing, due to the difficulty level of this expedition, it will count as if you've done two. :)

Gouyen Chee
Oct 15th, 2002, 11:23:34 AM
When I wrote the post I had neglected the big whirlwhid ahead of the group and was only calming the immediate vicinity. That's why I mentioned something about the wind going from a gale to a stiff breeze, a drop of about 5 - 10 mph. I had no intention of calming the big dust storm -- that would be waaaaay beyond Gouyen's power. Creating a little bubble of calmer weather -- maybe -- but not taming a gigantic dust storm. Let me clarify things in my post. :)

EDIT: Offending post has been edited to clarify things. :)

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 15th, 2002, 01:46:51 PM
Alright, your edited post is better explained. :)

Dea Potentia
Oct 17th, 2002, 09:42:51 PM
Jeseth, what conditions are we under here.... hot, cold, humid, dry, gravity, size of sand particles...etc

Plot Device
Oct 17th, 2002, 10:57:18 PM
Levi Argon has been eliminated from the training mission. The following apprentices still remain:

Cold Blaine
Dea Potentia
Feliciana Devano
Gouyen Chee
Inu-Aku
Jared Mriad
Leliarre Nightshade
Salem Ave

Dea: The planet is dry and hot during the day, sand particles are fairly large, and there's a lot of rocky terrain. At night the planet is very cold and it tends to snow until sunrise. Days are 32 hours long, nights are 16 hours long. Gravity is considerably less than what most species would consider "standard."

Dea Potentia
Oct 17th, 2002, 11:07:49 PM
*Jumps up* I can fly!! *falls on nose* or not quite... oi doesn't altitude affect gravity... what about's the animals... I know I'm not supposed to pet them... fur coats for protection against snow... hide in deeply dug burrows during the day? biger cause the lesser gravity doesn't pull them down so much? might I be able to find a fuzzy horse sized critter with big sharp pointy teeth... and bunny ears!! :D we likes the bunny ears...

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 18th, 2002, 11:00:25 AM
You'll find out about the animal life soon enough.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 18th, 2002, 07:42:13 PM
:wings

Jehova Eaven
Oct 18th, 2002, 09:08:39 PM
Please keep the posts in this thread serious.

Makoto Neosis
Oct 21st, 2002, 07:49:55 PM
Jared here.

Originally posted by Plot Device
None of them suspected that most of their lightsabers had been rendered inoperable during the sandstorm. Only the Sith Knight, Salem Ave, had managed to keep his saber working, and even that was only due to the impenetrable layers of garment which he had wrapped himself in. What an unpleasant surprise it would be to the pilgrims when they attempted to activate their sabers, only to realize they would have to carefully dismantle and clean them...

Err...

Jared doesnt use saber hilts, rather, he uses his own weapon which is implanted into his palms and upper forearms. All openings are covered except for the main saber release ports. These are closed and retracted during non-use. The retraction includes a metal guard which covers the opening, followed by the skin flap for looks. When in use, the sand would be disintegrated by the blades.

Even in the event that a minor, miniscule amount of sand entered the device through any of various openings, it would not short-circuit it. To flaw the device it would have to be "soaked" per sey, with sand grains within the inner mechanics. Each saber is run in a seperate compartment, from a seperate unit, except for the main power cells, which are in an airtight chamber.

There would be no possible way for it to be shorted by the sand. 1 in 524,288 chance I think, (Thanks to Jodah for the tech's). If you need to, you can clear this all up with him at Jodahstarlen on AIM

Now, I know you did not know this.. so I'm not going to take it biggie at all :)

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 21st, 2002, 10:20:43 PM
Well, just exlain it briefly in the post and state that you don't have a saber hilt, and that your weapon still works. :)

Blaine
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:00:43 PM
Question.

At its feet was the half-asleep Cold Blaine, who's eyes opened immidiately. The Rancor picked him up in a swift swipe of its tiny arm and held him tightly, breaking one of his ribs and threatening to crush the rest of his bones.

Am I out?

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 23rd, 2002, 11:54:37 PM
No, you're not out. I cut you a bit of extra slack since you had been posting frequently before. The Rancor would have crushed you into a coma though if you hadn't replied within the next two days. :)

Rancor
Oct 24th, 2002, 12:00:19 AM
It's true, I would have.

Gouyen Chee
Oct 29th, 2002, 03:31:41 PM
A quick note on my most recent post (http://216.73.105.30/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=411018#post411018):

Gouyen is having what I call a Force temper-tantrum, that is, she is so angry and worked up that she unleashes energies far beyond her ability to control them. It's sort of like being so angry that you put a dent in a car door, or the occasional cases of people lifting cars off of loved ones bodies -- you have this immense power that you can't quite control.

I hope I'm not too out of line with this. :)

Never underestimate the power of the dark side -- especially when you're really pissed off....

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 29th, 2002, 03:53:01 PM
Nope, so long as its out of your control, you're good to go. :) An update on what just happened... Due to some unexpected developements...

;; Pokes Cherice. ;;

Jeseth is ending the thread early. However, he is going to put you all to one final test, and then you will recieve something that for the most part you are all worthy of.

Xazor Elessar
Oct 29th, 2002, 07:56:24 PM
Hmmm...........curious I am about this. ;)

Lemme know when training starts then, Jeseth.....I just need reminders and stuff whenever you're ready or I'll forget. :lol :mneh

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 29th, 2002, 10:31:29 PM
I'll remind you... :)

Xazor Elessar
Oct 30th, 2002, 06:39:35 PM
Thankies! ;)