PDA

View Full Version : A three-week break.

Evil Hobgoblin
Oct 14th, 2002, 09:21:30 AM
Hey guys, gals, large wolves, and small furry creatures that hang out in the vicinity of Alpha Centauri.

I have to say that I'm really not feeling up to doing the usual roleplay bit today, and just in general. I need to take a break, because I don't think I've taken a serious break from RP in a couple of years now. They've mainly been "have no access" interruptions.

But I don't want to simply abandon those RPs that I have started, or am in, because that would screw a surprising number of people out of thread conclusions. (Well surprising to me, anyway)

So here's what I'm gonna do: for the next three weeks, I will not join in any RPs I have not already committed to. I will continue (and hopefully finish) all the RPs that I am in that are unfinished. I will also make one-to-five post cameos should my presence in a new thread be overwhelmingly desired. But I will not be starting something new myself, nor will I be actively participating in new threads. If you really want me on a long term commitment and haven't spoken to me about it before now, tough. If you're particularly persuasive, I'll consider joining your thread after the three weeks are up, but not before then.

Yes, I'm going to pull a Gav Mortis and hang around here. Yes, I'll be onhand in case of disputes, flare-ups, or advice requests. Yes, I'll make plans for after my three weeks are up. Yes, I will be writing up two new columns for the portal page during this break.

But I've got to take some time off from the daily dose.

My characters (Pierce Tondry and Evil Hobgoblin) will each experience a month long "busy period" in the RP. They will be doing things associated with their positions, and though you might "see them around" there won't be any involved interaction during the break time.

Thank you for your time, and sorry if this is a problem.
~Brian

P.S. I do still want a new Jedi Master for Pierce, but I don't want to actively train until my break is over.

Arya Ravenwing
Oct 14th, 2002, 12:15:21 PM
*hug* Take a break, ya lazy git! ;) Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Have an enjoyable 3 weeks.

DarthHERA
Oct 14th, 2002, 09:14:33 PM
Break a leg! No, thats the wrong saying, I know. But it sounds snazzier than "have a nice break"

Our thread is slow moving anyways, Hob, so no drama's there. :)

Taylor Millard
Oct 15th, 2002, 12:37:49 AM
Enjoy your break Hob. You, along with a few others here...definatley deserve one.

Have fun :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Oct 17th, 2002, 10:10:27 AM
Meh, we all need some time to relax and time aweay from the RPing side of the board. It just gets overwhelming at times.

So go, clear your head of crap, and come back to the RP scene with a bang!

^_^