PDA

View Full Version : Important - New Character

Estelle Russard
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:54:53 AM
Hi All - Just a heads up regarding a new character that will be arriving at GJO soon, that we need your help with in establishing.

He is kind of not really Jedi material in the sense that he doesnt have a high midichlorin count, isnt particullarly high IQ, isnt very physically fit, not exactly the valiant type etc etc. So when he applies - whoever he approaches, please decline his joining the order.
See, this character has alot of heart and compassion. He has "potential" to be a jedi, but it is not very apparent. In fact it is not apparent at all.

So when this character that will be posting an application/series of applications in the recruitment forum
it would be appreciated if multiple people replied to his queries, telling him that he is too small/weak/stupid/force-blind to be a jedi
that he simply doesn't meet the criteria, etc

be polite or rude, doesn't matter - decline him as your character sees fit, until otherwise stated, constant and unwavering rejection. If he asks to help out in any other way that doesn't involve being a Jedi, that is up to whoever responds.

Anyway, you get the point.

Any questions or whatever, please feel free :)

oh, and thanks for any/all help.

Gurney Devries
Oct 14th, 2002, 02:02:03 AM
What's the name of this character?

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 14th, 2002, 02:04:36 AM
Jackson DeWitt

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 14th, 2002, 09:20:53 AM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23710

He's posted...go have your fun :)

Oriadin
Oct 14th, 2002, 09:45:09 AM
Ive read one post from this guy and I love him already. Im gonna play the part of a passer by for the moment cos Ive got to meet him, but I dont want to be the one to turn him away. Sorry guys. Hope thats ok...

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 14th, 2002, 10:19:17 AM
He may need a bit of help every now and then...just don't give him too much faith and help at first :)

Salemn Lysce
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:24:00 PM
Argh. X_x; I post and then I find this thread. So then I had to go back and edit, hoping I didn't look like a complete idiot.

Although I've got a question, Estelle - why do you want DeWitt to be turned away ? Are you planning to have him turn to the Sith ? ---Narrows eyes-- :lol

Sejah Haversh
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:37:26 PM
I don't think that is the desired result, but, instead to instill in him the feeling of inadequecy, so he has somethign to overcome.

After all, what fun would it be if everybody was always supportive, and there was no conflict in your training?

Estelle Russard
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:39:12 PM
Aww, Oriadin - you are a softie :)

Salemn, I read your post before checking here and wondered if that was the reason for the edit, lol. And no - as far as I know this character would never turn Sith.

It is more the classic under-dog story and the fact that "heart" can make up for alot of inadequacey in other areas.

The reason we posted this, was we know how friendly and encouraging everyone here are and the chances of Jackson being denied were very very slim. Being denied repeatedly just seemed impossible. Hence this request :)

oh yeah..forgot to put the name, but thats taken care of. Actually, I remembered, but by that time - I was in bed.

Sanis Prent
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:41:03 PM
The reasoning is that he will never be a "powerful Jedi". He is undercut in almost everything you need to do that. He's small, weak, not too intelligent, has very little force sensitivity. The only thing he's got to his credit is heart, drive, and determination. He will persevere, do anything, and tackle the odds against him, even if it means that he still won't be a very influential Jedi. Sometimes you can be influential by character of will alone. Like the little engine that could, I suppose.

Sene Unty
Oct 14th, 2002, 03:10:45 PM
Why dont we just call the thread Rudy and call it a day. :D Seriously, the guy is awesome.....I really dont want to tell him he ain't good enough. :( .....but I will if I have to >D

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 14th, 2002, 03:14:10 PM
Originally posted by Sene Unty
Why dont we just call the thread Rudy and call it a day. :D

:lol....yeah its gonna be pretty dang similar to that story arc. I gotta pay a bit of homage. It is my favorite movie, even if I hate the damn fightin' irish :grumble

Zeke
Oct 14th, 2002, 04:34:48 PM
So we have 3 knights in there "recruiting" him. I hate this. Salemn and Lance are gonna blast him. I was gonna try and break it to him nicely, but it looks like they're gonna run him through a few times before its done.

Salemn Lysce
Oct 15th, 2002, 12:54:28 AM
I broke the news. :\

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 15th, 2002, 01:28:22 AM
:) I love it. :) Wonderful. Thank you.

Salemn Lysce
Oct 15th, 2002, 01:31:12 AM
It was fun ! ^^;;

Oriadin
Oct 15th, 2002, 03:04:51 AM
Harsh, but good! :lol

I hope what ive posted is Ok, if not I can edit it out. Just felt bad for the guy...

Sene Unty
Oct 15th, 2002, 08:08:23 AM
Now he's in the B&G and me and Oriadin are talking to him.....the guy is too nice......breaks my heart really......

Oriadin
Oct 15th, 2002, 08:46:08 AM
Very well written by whoever plays him

Sene Unty
Oct 15th, 2002, 12:26:04 PM
Yeah who is playing him?? I am positive he isn't new.....

Salemn Lysce
Oct 15th, 2002, 12:28:11 PM
At first I thought it was Estelle, but now I'm not so sure. o.o;;

Sene Unty
Oct 15th, 2002, 12:43:03 PM
I think its Diego....but I really have no idea o_O

Sanis Prent
Oct 15th, 2002, 01:11:45 PM
Yes its me :)

Sene Unty
Oct 16th, 2002, 08:29:20 AM
Damnit man you are everywhere all at once.......I must say this character has to be the best I have ever seen........

Xazor Elessar
Oct 16th, 2002, 05:02:18 PM
:( I wanted to accept him and train him.....seems like my kind of guy. :lol But if you still want me to decline his application.....I guess I will...... :(

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 16th, 2002, 09:27:00 PM
he's gonna try to get in quite a few times. I figure the first 4 or so, he won't make it. After that....who knows...suprise me :)

Xazor Elessar
Oct 16th, 2002, 10:30:47 PM
:D Make him come back to Xaz'......hehehehehehe. :) I wanna have some fun with the guy....... ;)

Oriadin
Oct 17th, 2002, 02:29:26 AM
Xazor on the pull :D

Xazor Elessar
Oct 17th, 2002, 03:59:04 PM
:D Hehehehehe......... ;)