PDA

View Full Version : A lovely little fieldtrip (open)

Aiden Rennure
Oct 13th, 2002, 10:12:52 PM
"...And over here we have a Bubo... Unfortunatly we are unsure as to where exactly this species originated. As you can see the Bubo is a bulbous two-legged brownish reptile of about forty centimetres' diameter. Its most striking feature is wide maw filled with thin, sharp, needle-like teeth. The shape of the teeth does not seem sturdy enough to gnaw large active struggling prey. They seem better suited to catching and impaling prey which is slippery or wriggles; perhaps fishlike creatures. The shape of the mouth and head suggests that these would need to be smaller animals, able to be swallowed whole. This species is semi-intelligent, despite the fact that they have no means of vocal communication, no manipulative appendages or technology..."

The teenage tour guide droned on and on and on... This place held no interest for Aiden. He had thought that when his teacher had announced a fieldtrip to the zoo that they would see something 'cool'... Like something getting ripped apart at feeding time! But no, they had to walk in line and listen to "Jake" spew information. He seemed oblivious to the fact that his audience were in kindergarted and didn't bother to knock a few collegiate words out of his prepared dialogue.

"Pssst... Suzi! Careful, ya might fall in an' get tored to bits!"

Aiden grinned at the 'enemy' in front of him. The little girl made a face and ignored him. Their group moved on to the next exhibit. The bored child wondered idly how much damage it would cause if he were to let a few Gundarks out of their habitat.

It was partly that the average male childs attention span is close to nothing and partly that he was bored and mostly that Aiden was Aiden that made him wander away from his class. It wasn't long before he found his way to an exit, one that led into an alley. Before he could stop it the door closed, locking him out. For the briefest of seconds he was worried. Then his face lit up. He was in the middle of the city, all alone.

Grinning mischieviously, the boy walked as fast as he could out of the garbage filled sidestreet. If he had taked a left Aiden could have reentered the zoo. He took a right.

There was bound to be adventure somewhere...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 13th, 2002, 10:43:30 PM
... And sitting around the corner of one of the side buildings was one such possible 'adventure'.

With a sheen of silver fur the vornskr sat, lazily scratching behind her ears with a lanky back leg. She huffed a little, a puff of breath coming from her nostrils as she sneezed, and sitting up straighter, swiveled her ears back and forth as the sounds of the city assaulted her senses. She lifted her head a little, sniffing the air with a seemingly disdained sounding whuffle.

A noise behind her made her stop then, and shifting, she stood, peering around the corner and into the alleyway with tawny yellow eyes to where she'd heard the disturbance.

Brielle Acaana
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:15:16 AM
Something about the Rodians' death just didnt set well with the Watch's forensics expert. It was too clean, too neat. For two solid days Brielle had scoured the rooftop for any clues--dusting and redusting, crawling to and fro on her hands and knees, a magnifying glass plastered to her now tired and bloodshot eyes.

The coroner had ruled it a suicide but Acaana wasnt buying it. The rodian had been the dubious owner of a rap sheet a mile long. Various misdemeanors were littered with more serious charges such as breaking and entering, blackmail, grand theft auto and the like. But suicide? He didnt fit the profile.

He had 1,000 credits coming to him from a bet at the tracks. Why would he use an outdated blaster to blow his own head off when he was sitting pretty?

Casting bleary eyes in another futile effort or picking up on something she had overlooked, Brielle walks over to the edge of the roof and props one booted foot up on the ledge as she peers down into the alley.

(ooc: please delete if my post is unwanted)

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 14th, 2002, 10:14:03 AM
Kwiet walked along with the class, ignoring the guide for the most part. He'd brought a little ball with him, and was bouncing it idly when Aiden bumped him on his way elsewhere. The little boy fumbled the ball and watched it roll after Aiden.

"Uh? Aaah!"

Kwiet chased the ball into the alley, little fingers fumbling the ball whenever he got close enough to grab it.

"Iie! Iie!"

Aiden Rennure
Oct 14th, 2002, 04:27:41 PM
Kwiet's call made the other little boy spin around. Aiden, realizing the emergency at hand quickly grabbed the ball. He knew all too well how hard they were to catch. Well it looked like he'd have a companion for his little romp. It didn't bother him. If it had been a girl the story would have been different.

"Hiya! Here's your ball! It almost gotted away but I caught it for you!"

In Aiden's language, returning the ball was an invitation to join him. Not that there was really anything else to do unless they wanted to go back to their class. Which he, for one, didn't.

Passing the ball to the other child Aiden turned to continue on his way. He didn't get very far for his eyes had met the vornskr's gaze. His mouth formed a little 'o' and Aiden stared with undisguised excitement. He motioned to Kwiett.

"C'mon! Let's see if it's friendly!"

The only logical way, to Aiden at least, was to hurry over and hold Eugene (his constant companion) out. It the bear got his head bitten off then perhaps it was better to steer clear of the creature.

"Hi there... I'm Aiden... I won't hurt you..."

He turned and grinned at Kwiett. This was going to be a better day than he thought.

OOC: Themore the merrier Brielle:)

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 14th, 2002, 04:46:17 PM
Kwiet took the ball with a smile.

"Thanks..."

He followed Aiden to where the vornskr sat.

"What is it..."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 14th, 2002, 04:51:45 PM
Just a little taken aback by the boy's excitement, s'Il sat abrupty, leaning backwards as a bear was held out to her, and ears moving in confusion, she stared at the two boys as they tiptoed forward. Gingerly she leaned toward them, neck craning as the bear came into smeeling distance, and she sniffed it before sitting up straighter.

Her tail wagged then, and she leaned forward again, this time to try and smell the boy's fingers as he held the thing out to her.

He smelled like, well, a boy, and she let out a gentle whuffle, still examining his fingers intently. Her ears faced fully forward now, and she was utterly engrossed by these new arrivals.

Brielle Acaana
Oct 14th, 2002, 07:25:42 PM
Running her gaze along the ledge and just over the side, it takes Brielle several moments to come to the realization that two young boys had just entered the alley.

Don't parents ever make sure that thier kids are where they're supposed to be?

Opening her mouth to shout down to the boys, to tell them that this isnt thier playground--not if they want to stay alive, her breath catches in her throat.

From the shadows a large, hunched shape takes substance as a long muzzle full of razor sharp teeth edges out into the dingy light of the alley. A silver coat of fur covers what Brielle can see of the head as it leans out toward the two young boys.

The barrel of her 9 millimeter had cleared its' holster and was now targeted directly at the top of the skull of the hulking beast before Brielle knew she had done it.

Hands steady, she still hesitates. Does she shoot someones strange idea of a pet thats just out for its' mornings ritual sniffing or does she shoot now and not take the chance of either child getting mauled? Could she startle the critter into running off with a shout or a warning shot fired into the air?

The animal shifted its weight and Acaana's finger tightened on the trigger.

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 14th, 2002, 07:32:31 PM
Aiden tested the vornskr, seeing how it would react. So far it was sniffing, nothing special. Kwiet's eyes began to wander...and he eventually looked straight up.

"Hee. Looks like teacher."

He pointed up at Brielle.

Aiden Rennure
Oct 14th, 2002, 08:22:49 PM
Ecstatic, Aiden held his hands closer then cautiously touched the creature between the ears, drawing his hands back with a little shriek of delight. He set Eugene down and put his hands back up for inspection, all the while devising ways to convince Cherice to let him keep the animal.

Distracted by Kwiets comment, Aiden turned his head and looked where his new friend was pointing. The first thing he noticed was the gun.

"Wow! Look at that!"

When he realized where it was pointing, Aiden's eyes got wide. He had mistaken the aim of the weapon to mean they were the targets. Like always, he jumped to conclusions.

"Ah! She's gonna shoot us! We're fugitives!"

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 14th, 2002, 08:26:42 PM
"Huh?" Kwiet simply continued to stare. "Shoot...?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 14th, 2002, 08:36:28 PM
The vornskr wagged her tail even more as the boy lifted both his hands up in front of her, and she licked the fingers of one hand with a happy sounding whorffle.

His squeal of delight triggered a memory then; one of MMU, and how the droid loved to play his little games. If she could forget herself for a short time, go back to simply playing,, then her day would be that much brighter when she reverted back to her human form.

Leaning forward even more, she sniffed at the boy's shirt, slowly working her way up to his chest... his shoulder... his neck.... and finally his face.

It was then that the boy looked up, distracted by something above, and sitting up to follow his gaze, s'Il caught sight of a woman.

The animals tail fell still as she saw the gun pointed at down at her, but instead of running or scrambling off, she simply sat, staring at the woman overhead before lifting herself to all four paws and moving to stand in front of both boys. Once more hunkering down on her haunches, she looked back up, letting out a sharp bark.

Brielle Acaana
Oct 14th, 2002, 09:35:13 PM
This was damn puzzeling!

Acaana's brows knit together as she tracks the animal in the sights of her gun.

What do I do? Nothin in the training manuals about vornskrs.

The boys had noticed her first and mistakenly assumed that she was aiming at them. And in an almost senteint action, the beast had looked up and placed itself between her gun and the children.

It was sitting on its haunches calmly gazing up at her, its body easily blocking those of the boys. A "woof!" in her direction seemed to emphasis its' intent of staying put.

Brielle began lowering the guns' muzzle, keeping her muscles taut for a quick snap-up if the beast made a wrong move.

"Boys! Im with Coruscant Watch! Im a police woman. Why dont you turn back around and slowly walk out of the alley?"

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 14th, 2002, 09:43:04 PM
"Just like teacher..." Kwiet said with a smile. He didn't move though.

Aiden Rennure
Oct 17th, 2002, 02:42:12 PM
Aiden placed a hand on the animals back, brow furrowed. Why would they leave the alley when there was something so interesting going on? Squinting as he looked up, the little boy voiced his thoughts simply.

"...Why?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 19th, 2002, 12:10:44 AM
She felt the boy's hand on her back, turning quickly to look at him before staring back up at the woman on the roof. Ears layed flat against her head she barked out once more as if to reiterate the boy's simple question.

Brielle Acaana
Oct 19th, 2002, 11:03:36 PM
Now, how in the frell do I get those boys away from that Vornskr without making it more attractive to them than it already is?!

Leaning over the edge further, she smiles widely down at them, her green eyes never leaving the beast for long.

"How about I make you a trade of sorts? You come around to the front of the building and I'll let you see my pistol and run the sirens in my squad car. Sound like fun?"

Brielle found herself holding her breath as she waited for thier answer.

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 19th, 2002, 11:39:59 PM
Kwiet's eyes widened in silent wonder. A real police car! He scurried around the building and beheld the vehicle, a happy smile on his face, and ran over and hugged the front of it. A real police car!

Aiden Rennure
Oct 21st, 2002, 07:30:34 PM
Aiden was not won over so easily. He looked up at Brielle and then at s'Il then back up again. So many choices, maybe he could find a way to get both!

"Can my friend come too? Pleeeeease?"

The boys voice was hopeful and he waited, holding his breath.

Abel Kannan
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:58:35 PM
Abel looked around a corner, trying to find Kwiet.

"Where is he?"

Abel had gone along on the fieldtrip at Kwiet's request. But somehow that boy managed to disappear. Maybe it was becuase he was so quiet.

"Lord help me to keep a better eye on that kid."

Then Abel saw Kwiet hugging a police car.

"So, there you are. That police car sure is something, ain't it?" Abel said, crouching down behind the boy. "Where is your friend?"

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:51:57 PM
Kwiet smiled.

"There!"

He pointed down the alley.

Abel Kannan
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:08:44 PM
Abel looked at where Kwiet was pointing. There sure enough was Aiden, staring at a Vornskyr.

"Ok, Aiden, let's leave the Vornskyr, alone, ok? You know you should not talk to strangers."

Abel walked over to Aiden. "Come on," he said, Giving Aiden his hand.

Then he turned to s'Il. "Sorry if he is bothering you."

Brielle Acaana
Oct 23rd, 2002, 10:05:41 PM
Now, who the frell is this guy and what is up with that hair?!

The grin of accomplishment that had sprouted when the first boy took the bait of sitting in her squad car quickly faded as the second child posed his question.

"Can my friend come, too? Pleeeease??"

Brielle's mind was racing for another diversion when someone else entered the alley. A male, who obviously knew the boys and called them by name, was gesturing to the young boy standing by the vornskr. Perhaps he could suceed where she had failed.

Motionless, Acaana watches from the rooftop to see if the boys go with him willingly, her gaze never straying far from the animal at the childs' side.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 23rd, 2002, 10:58:57 PM
s'Il let a growl, baring her teeth as this new stranger took Aiden's hand. She stood then, moving to stand beside the boy, her form almost dwarfing him. Casting a tawny gaze up at the stranger, she growled once more, silvery fur on her shoulders bristling.

She'd been hoping to spend the day with Aiden, forgetting; if only for a day, herself in essence.

To become young again, to simply play as she used to do with MMU,was something that she'd seen the opportunity to have... but now that opportunity was leaving, and she didn't want to lose it.

Her growl remained at a low pitch, menacing and vicious in tone as her gaze bored into the stranger.

A quick glance up at the woman above her showed that she hadn't made any move to pull her trigger, and she turned back to the stranger. She stepped forward, placing herself between Aiden and the stranger.

Abel Kannan
Oct 24th, 2002, 08:21:41 AM
"Hey, hey," Abel said taking a few steps back and holding up his hands. "I don't meant to harm anyone. We just need to get back with our group, is all."

"Aiden, is this a friend of yours?" Abel asked the kid, and trying his hardest not to get the vornskyr mad.

Aiden Rennure
Oct 25th, 2002, 09:21:48 AM
"Yes..."

Aiden rolled his eyes, like it was the most obvious thing in the galaxy. He eyed Abel carefully. The man had come with their class and Aiden had seen him before with Kwiet but he was still wary. One could never be too careful.

"I don't wanna go back to our group... It's borin'! I'm gonna stay here an' play..."

He nodded, settling the matter for himself. Then, as if to tilt the argument in his direction, Aiden pointedly looked at the growling s'Il and then back up at Abel. He tilted his head, eyebrows raised.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 25th, 2002, 09:51:15 AM
Wei appeared behind Abel. "Aiden! There you are!" He siad, looking at the little boy. Then he looked up. "WHOA!" Wei reeled back, like he had been hit in the face. A Vornskyr. It took about 5 Jedi to knock out one. Wei hoped it would not attack him. 'Aiden we need to leave...now." Wei said, and picked Aiden up to carry him back to the group.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 25th, 2002, 10:16:20 PM
A simple grab was all it took for the animal to catch a hold of Aiden, her teeth catching on the hood of the sweatshirt he wore, and sitting on her haunches with a ponderous air, she quieted her growling.

Silent, she sat, holding the boy back as yet another stranger tried to take him. This time however, instead of a growl, the vornskr let out a whine. She didn't want to hurt anyone, but she'd been taken with the boy, Aiden, and she didn't want him to be taken away so abruptly.

To be so close, it wasn't fair to have her chance at a day of lightheartedness snatched away.

Aiden Rennure
Oct 29th, 2002, 05:14:58 PM
"But Wei..."

The boy didn't have to finish his protesting for he found himself back beside the animal. He reached up to rest his hand on her head, smiling.

"See? It's friendly! It won't hurt me!"

Aiden softly pet s'Il, only afraid that he might harm her. The child looked up at Wei, prepared to argue his case.

"I'm gonna stay out here an' play. An' the police lady woulda done somthin' if somthin' happened. So it's all safe see? I didn't talk to strangers or anything! An'..."

Aiden looked at s'Il, having no idea what her name was.

"...An' my friend is strong so nobody woulda hurted me. We're gonna play."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 29th, 2002, 05:54:12 PM
Wei sighed. The Vornskyr had not hurt him. "Well, Aiden, Cherice won;t be happy that you left your group."

Wei grinned and tried not to go against his better judgement. "If the police lady says you can stay and play, then by all means do. but if she says no, then we have to leave, ok?"

Brielle Acaana
Oct 30th, 2002, 01:39:58 AM
As each newcomer stepped into the mouth of the alley, Brielle's pistol swung in thier direction but quickly returned to target the vornskyr.

The animal had grabbed hold of the boy closest to it and she had cocked her pistol, her index finger lightly depressing the trigger. The beast still had made no move to harm either of the children, which it had more than ample time to do and yet had not acted on.

The boy, she now knew to be named "Aiden", clearly knew both adults and felt comfortable with them but for whatever reason, he was still refusing to move away from the vornskyr.

What little Brielle knew of this species was limited but she was aware of the poison-tipped tail and that didnt bode well for anyone who got too close. She still couldnt see a collar, tags or any other type of identification on the beast and something so potentially dangerous didnt need to be roaming her streets.

Lifting her still calm voice, Acaana calls down to those in the alley.

"Aiden, I think your grownup friends might like to see my car, too. Why dont you open one of the front doors and all of you can sit in it?"

Lets see if these 'grownups' are as smart as I hope they are and take my hint.

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 30th, 2002, 08:34:59 AM
Kwiet in the meantime was still transfixed by the car. He ran around and around it, taking in every detail, pretending to drive a car. Then an idea struck him. Why pretend? With some minor difficulty he flung the door open and climbed inside.

Abel Kannan
Oct 30th, 2002, 03:04:09 PM
Abel heard a car door open and he went out of the alley to see what had happened. Kwiet was in the driver's seat, the door wide open, turning the wheel back and forth and making car sounds.

"So, are you catching the bad guys?" Abel mussed Kwiet's hair and went around to the front of the car.

"Oh, no, stop!" And Abel fell onto the hood of the car.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 30th, 2002, 03:23:03 PM
Wei noticed Kwiet and Abel at the car.

"Aiden, let's go see the car, eh?" Wei had decided to stop directly getting Aiden to leave the Vornskyr alone. Wei would have to be creative. The officer needed to do her work.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 31st, 2002, 12:44:37 AM
She whined again, keeping her hold on Aiden's sweatshirt.

Although at his mention of playing, her tail wagged a little, and she released her hold to let out a happy whorffle.

Aiden Rennure
Oct 31st, 2002, 04:13:22 PM
One of the interesting qualities that children posses is selective hearing. So when Brielle told Aiden that all is frownup friends could sit in the car, he omitted what he didn't want to hear.

Aiden, I think your friends might like to see my car, too. Why dont you open one of the front doors and all of you can sit in it?"

Well that meant his new friend too! AIden grinned and nodded.

"Okay!"

The boy turned to s'Il and motioned with his hand to come along.

"C'mon, we'll go look an' then we can play!"

Brielle Acaana
Oct 31st, 2002, 11:11:52 PM
Whats it gonna take to get this kid away from that damn vornskyr?? Ive got a clear enough shot...think I could put one right through the heart...

Still, Brielle hesitated. The animal had shown amazing comprehension skills. Putting its body between her and Aiden, then between the guy with the wild hair and Aiden. Acaana wondered if there were some connection between the two then dismissed the thought. This boy was just more animal oriented than the other child was.

With a sigh, Brielle comes to the conclusion that Aiden wont let the vornskyr out of his sight and vice versa. Other than putting the beast down with her pistol, she had little choice left and one she didnt like making.

Punching in a code on her comm, she puts a call through to the Watch division of the Coruscant Animal Control.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 1st, 2002, 01:05:22 AM
With a whuffle she took a step forward, her eyes traveling to the Acaana as her ears perk forward, the woman's actions drawing her attention.

Something was up, but deciding to set it to the back of her mind for the moment, she let Aiden lead her to the car.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 1st, 2002, 09:30:17 AM
Wei felt something shift around in the air.

"Aiden, don;t you think the Vornskyr has somewhere she needs to be?"

There was about to be a lot of action going on really soon, Wei could sense it.

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 1st, 2002, 11:07:38 AM
Kwiet didn't care what was up with Aiden, the dog, and Brielle. He had a car. He was a policeman. He was gonna catch the badguys and save the day.

"Bbbbmmmmm.....bbbmmmmmmm..."

The little boy immitated the car fair enough, but couldn't get the siren down. Oh well, the dashboard had enough buttons to keep his attention from it. He hit one button, and the actual siren went off! The suddenness of it startled him.

"Aaah! Aaah!"

Abel Kannan
Nov 1st, 2002, 05:09:31 PM
Abel ran around and found the button to turn off the siren. "There there, it's ok. Let's leave these buttons alone, Kwiet." Abel said gently. "Now," Abel said with a grin, "Let's catch some bad guys." Abel sat Kwiet in his lap and let him control the steering wheel.

Brielle Acaana
Nov 3rd, 2002, 11:00:11 PM
They shoulda been here by now! What was holding Animal Control up?! Maybe I should try another approach to this.

"Hey! Aiden, does your four-legged friend have a collar or any tags on? Could you look for me? You know, if it doesnt...well, it could be picked up and hauled away. Im sure its owner is missing it and very worried over where its at. Why dont you climb on in the squad car and let me try to get this critter back to the people who love it?"

Keeping the cheesy smile pasted on her face took some doing but Brielle was up to the task and waited to see if her logic would on the persistent young boy this time 'round.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 3rd, 2002, 11:28:19 PM
s'Il looked to Aiden with a tawny gaze, letting out another whine as she backed away. Apparently she wouldn't be able to win this fight for the boy's attention, so she retreated, ears laid back in resignation.

With a look to Acaana, the vornskr stared at the woman, her words beginning to trigger in s'Il's mind what she had planned. At this new revelation, the animal turned around, retreating even more as she cast looks over shoulder to Aiden.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:59:11 AM
Wei was confused. "Tags? Why in the world would someone keep a vornskyr for a pet? It's a little more than morbid to say the least..." Wei muttered to himself.

Aiden Rennure
Dec 28th, 2002, 10:41:31 PM
Aiden looked up at Brielle, horror written all over his features.

"Whatta ya mean 'take it back'! You can't do that! We're gonna play!"

The boy's gaze shifted to Wei's pleadingly.

"Wei! Do somthin'! You can't let her take my friend away!"

He darted over to s'Il, and put his hands on his hips. There was no way that he was giving up this kind of fun. He'd rather... Well he'd rather get married.

"It don't have a tag an' you're not takin' my friend anywhere!"

lowering his voice to a loud whisper, Aiden looked at the animal.

"We gotta hurry an' get outta here! We're gonna hafta become outlaweds!"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 28th, 2002, 11:13:55 PM
Now this was a game that s'Il knew very well, and ears perking up, her eyes once more held a spark of child-like fire in them.

Turning in one fluid motion, she lowered her massive frame a little, burrowing in between Aiden's small legs. She wished she could have seen the surprised look on his face, but right now she was too intent on getting the boy on her back. He seem to get the idea pretty quickly... smart kid... and soon enough she rose up once more, the boy sitting atop her like some famous knight riding a galant steed. And with one last look at the group, s'Il turned once more, careful to let Aiden get used to his new perch, and with tiny fists clutching the sides of her neck, fur gripped frimly in his grasp, she started off; slowly picking up her pace until she was loping through the alleyways.

Brielle Acaana
Dec 30th, 2002, 02:21:25 PM
Acaana was torn.

On the one hand, the vornskyr seemed quite tame and had exhibited an intelligence comparable to that of a highly trained police dog. It appeared to Brielle that the beast actually understood what the boy was saying and what her own intentions were.

On the other hand, vornskyrs were deadly, poisonous animals that could tear an adult humaniod to pieces within seconds. Aiden was just a small boy.

The vornskyr had lowered its head and scooped the boy up on its back, an action that gave Acaana a start. But when it started moving off down the alley with the child perched on top, she drew the line.

Inside the inner city, the buildings were crammed closely together and it was fairly easy to get from one rooftop to another. A few running steps,a jump and she was on the next roof, tracking the beasts progress while radioing again for Animal Control and relaying thier new location.

Aiden Rennure
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:41:59 PM
Whoa! Now this was more than he had ever expected! Aiden let out a delighted yell as s'Il took off. It was like... like... the real wild west!

"Whooooooooo! C'mon, the sheriff's gonna get us if'n we don't hurry!"

Aiden didn't notice Brielle in pursuit, nor did he worry about what would happen if they happened to get caught.

"Hey! We gotta find us a posse! We can have a whole gang a outlawds!"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 12th, 2003, 04:00:19 PM
Sheriff... outlawds... s'Il could have laughed to herself, and as she loped easily through sidestreets, her breath like a counter beat to her soft paw-falls, s'Il took a gradual left, turning in an easy arc in towards out towards a few of the more populated streets.

If she and Aidenn were going to elude Acaana, they'd have to get out into more crowds; she'd done it for a long while now, and with great success. She was, after all, still running with Diego; Millard never able to catch her. She huffed out a breath, slowing to a smooth jog as boy and vornskr made their way into the crowds of people.

Strange; how indifferent people were...

After all. One could see everything on Coruscant, and a boy riding around atop a vornskr wasn't too out of the ordinary.

Kwiet Ideya
Jan 13th, 2003, 01:17:59 PM
"Brrbbbb....brbb..."

Kwiet jabbed Abel's leg and pulled the gear shift. The squad car burst down the street after s'Il and Aiden, Kwiet driving happily at the wheel.

"BRRRRBB!"

Brielle Acaana
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:02:04 PM
"Oh, I dont believe this sh......HEY!! Stop him! Put it in park! Put it in PARK!!"

Brielle had been forced temporarily to forgo the chase across the rooftops when the vornskyr took a turn down another side alley. Clambering over the edge of the roof, she was reaching for the top rung on this particular buildings' fire escape ladder when the sound of her squad car's engine revved up.

Hanging by her hands, she was horrified to see her vehicle leap through the narrow mouth of the alleyway, flattening the trash recepticles that barred it's path.

Giving the ladder a hard kick with one foot, it telescopes downward as she grabs onto the metal frame. Setting the balls of her feet against the main poles of the rusted and unused ladder, Brielle quickly slides down, gritting her teeth as the hard metal flakes cut into the palms of her hands.

Glancing back, she hurriedly scrambles back up a few feet as the lights on the top of the squad car take off the bottom part of the ladder, shattering the red and blue mounted globes and unceremoniously removing the entire outfit.

In dismay, Acaana watches as her police cruiser continues it's charge down the alley. Wasnt that wild-haired guy in the front seat with that kid? What was he doing, taking the scenic tour?!

Dropping off the ladder and landing in a crouch, Brielle calls dispatch again as she turns to follow 'cowboy' and his mount.

"Dispatch, this is Officer Acaana. Some man and a kid just took off down the alley in my squad car. Im still going after the kid with the vornskyr. Get someone else down here at the same location.....and get my cruiser back! Acaana out!"

Turning on her heel, she dashes off into the side alley, the vornskyr's narrow whip-like tail disappearing around another corner and out of sight.

Abel Kannan
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:20:43 AM
Abel looked at the gear shift and wondered how on earth the car had gotten started.

"Dear Lord, help me stop this thing."

Abel took the wheel and dodged a few cars, hitting the brake and trying to figure out where the thing was to turn the car off.

"I can't do this by myself, Jesus..."

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:24:00 AM
The car jerked to a halt. There was Wei, holding on to the back bumper with all his might. Wei focused all he could into his hands and legs. He had to keep a good grip on the car, but if he didn;t have a solid stance he would be keel hauled.

"Ok, take your time figuring that thing out," Wei shouted to Abel.

Kwiet Ideya
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:28:01 AM
The car stops suddenly. Kwiet looks up and sees Aiden and the doggie. Doggie! He squirms in Abel's lap, bumping the shift into park and clipping the ignition with one elbow. The car stops as the boy climbs out and half-trips, half-runs to hug s'Il.

Corporal Nobei Knobs
Jan 18th, 2003, 08:51:34 AM
"Dispatch, this is Officer Acaana. Some man and a kid just took off down the alley in my squad car. Im still going after the kid with the vornskyr. Get someone else down here at the same location.....and get my cruiser back! Acaana out!"

The radio in Adroitpolis yard buzzed loudly as the transmission came through. In the silence of the office it barked out the message, before setting up its automatic warning beep to signify that no one had answered the call. No one had answered because there was no one there. Well, aside from Nobei, and for all intensive purposes he was nobody. When he could he avoided any actual work, but at times like this he couldn’t really neglect the communication for long.

He did forget it for long enough to finish off his cup of coffee, of course.

Wiping his hands down, to get rid of the bread crumbs, he walked over to the radio and jotted down the frequency and location the message had come from. With very slow and calculated steps he walked and got his coat, tugging it on and ensuring the Watch insignia was fully visible. Exactly where all of the animal control gear was kept was a mystery to him, as he was not a member of that particular department, however after some ten minutes scrabbling about in one of the supply cupboards he found a big muzzle attached to a leash, as well as a shrill metal whistle – neither of which would do much damage against a vornskyr in the end, but there wasn’t much else to choose from. The Corporal did make sure that he packed a few tranquilizer darts, however, alongside a long-barrelled rifle and the standard issue Watch blaster.

A few disgruntled mumbles passed his lips as he clambered, alone, into a squadron car, driving the rusty piece of junk at nigh on 100 miles an hour out of the car park. The speeder shot off down the main road and swerved back and forth between other terrified drivers, the sirens atop the bonnet blazing crimson and navy.

Suddenly turning into an alleyway, Nobei found himself confront with another stationary car dead ahead – this had to be Brielle – and halted just in front of it, with a loud, unceremonious screech. Bumbling out of the car, the rifle slipping about in his grip while the muzzle was lying over his shoulder, he called out gingerly into the shaded lane.

“Hello?... Officer Acaana?... Is anyone therrre?”