Oct 12th, 2002, 05:14:57 PM
As the title says

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:16:23 PM
Not displaying in the Topic list yet. :\

Bug hunt begins

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:45:54 PM
There we go, it now looks to be working. :)

Admiral Lebron
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:51:05 PM
Did you type that or not?

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:53:37 PM
No, its available from a drop down list in this forum when creating a new thread, just above the subject line, but there is one issue with it I need to test further.

The issue has to do with editing the tag. As it works right now, you can change the tag of this entire thread just by editing your post and changing it.

Trace Sha
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:56:25 PM
I am now testing that issue with a regular registered user account.

EDIT: Yep, I just need to code in a little routine in the editpost source file that checks to see if the prefix is being changed in the first post. I am able to change the thread's prefix with this account by editing this post.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2002, 06:08:06 PM
Okay the edit issue is now fixed. The post prefix drop down will only be shown when editing the first post. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 12th, 2002, 06:13:10 PM
ah HA! *jacks up the thread* >D

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2002, 06:16:50 PM
So what do people think of it?

If its liked well enough I can implement and announce it in the OOC forum, including instructions for how to, and suggestions on when to, use them.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2002, 06:23:37 PM
hmmmm, checking something else...

Nope, still a tad buggy, need to fix a little more.

EDIT: Testing to see if prefix is revmoved when editing a post other than the first.

Okay, that bug is now gone too.

It was clearing the tag when editing posts other than the first, but I now have that fixed too. :)

Levi Argon
Oct 12th, 2002, 06:32:17 PM
I like this a lot. It looks great and the only possible negative of this system will be learning one or two of the more ambiguous tags. Nice work. :thumbup

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2002, 06:42:02 PM
The hack was well written and easy enough for me to debug for our purposes. I like it a great deal, for its flexibility, and ease of use on the admin side as well as for the fact that it will make sifting through junk in OOC to find the important topics much easier once people catch on.

Nupraptor
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:06:01 PM
Is there anything else to call this tag, other than "Jack"? We do have an awful lot of dirty minded posters. :angel

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:07:23 PM
I am open to suggestions. I just didn't want to go more than four letters long.

Maybe [HIJK]?

Nupraptor
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:10:50 PM
that works.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:13:28 PM
Alrighty then. :)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:18:01 PM
Here is a quick run down of the tags suggested so far including their definitions.
--------------------
Topic tags in the OOC forum.

Topic tags will be added as an option when creating a new thread, in the form of a drop down list. These tags are to help people find topics of interest to them. Topics that fit into any of the categories mentioned but not tagged, are subject to have their first post modified by a staff member so that the topic can be easily identified.

[NSP] = No Spam Request. (no hijacking)
[RP] = Role-Play discussions. (no hijacking)
<nobr>[LIMG] = Large Image(s) included. (1 or more comprising more than 30KB)</nobr>[IMG] = Image inculded. (30 KB or less)
[MUS] = Music file included.
[XLINK] = External link included.
[QUIZ] = Quiz or questionnaire included.
[HIJK] = Thread Hijacks welcome.
[SPAM] = No point of discussion. An advertisement or pointless topic.

Tag Rules

-People who hijack/flood threads tagged with [NSP] or [RP] get one warning and then are banned from OOC if the warnings are not heeded. This also applies to those who post in one of the threads tagged as stated previously with NO relevance to the topic IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM. Not someone talking about something vaguely relevant. Just those with NO relevance.

-Use of topic tags is not required but is recommended for ease of navigation of this forum for all members. They are highly recommended for topics of the [NSP] or [RP] types.

-The [SPAM] and [HIJK] tags are not there to endorse Poscount++ behavior. Posting for no other reason than to increase your post count will result in a loss of your post count by having it set to zero.

-SWFans.Net staff members may assign your topic a tag if one applies.

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:34:41 PM
Should it show up in the title on this page?

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:37:00 PM
No.It is not designed for display in the thread. Just in the topic list, much like "Must Read" (sticky) and "Announcement" topics.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2002, 08:25:07 PM
I added a rule regarding Postcount++

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 12th, 2002, 08:31:37 PM
Ah, I see. I think that's a good idea...

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2002, 08:42:14 PM
I have started another topic which is what I plan to post in the OOC forum exactly.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:16:03 PM
I changed it just a little adding a couple of the rules there were no contentions or qualms with. At this point I am inclined to think that bannings from OOC for rule violations should be for a period of a week. If the user has to be banned from OOC more than once it is permanent, but these policies are still up for discussion.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:35:54 PM
Very nice. And editing them in does work, I tried it. :) Of course, you already knew it worked. Still.

The banning for a week seems like a good idea to me. Sort of like the three strikes your out system.

Sanis Prent
Oct 13th, 2002, 07:31:13 PM
I dunno...it seems like a case of "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" to me.

I mean, this thread clearly has a [HIJK], but in 24 replies, has not been hijacked at all. What a poor example from the staff :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 13th, 2002, 07:34:46 PM
*hits Charley with a smelly sweat sock swiped from his floor*

I can't believe I touched that. :x

Admiral Lebron
Oct 13th, 2002, 07:39:25 PM
I think LD is going to be the new mod.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 15th, 2002, 06:11:38 AM
It is snowing. I miss the summer =/

Morgan Evanar
Oct 15th, 2002, 06:41:32 AM
I want fall. I hate summer.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 16th, 2002, 01:31:47 AM
Its cool and WINDY here. *got blown over getting into her car* :x

TheHolo.Net
Oct 17th, 2002, 01:33:51 AM
Some of you may have noticed that the topic tags are now required when posting new topics in the OOC forum. Do let me know if there are any complaints. As I see it, doing so just helps make it more organized for everyone. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 17th, 2002, 02:50:27 AM
will do :)

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 17th, 2002, 03:24:03 PM
FORCE WEDGY!!!

ZORT!!!

:: Leaves LD tied to the ceiling by her undies ::

I think I'm actually in a good mood for once!

Morgan Evanar
Oct 17th, 2002, 04:28:08 PM
And I still feel like crap. Less crappy, but still firmly wedge into the rotten catagory.

ReaperFett
Oct 17th, 2002, 04:36:29 PM
I have gone from alright, to okay, to just plain crappy. GIve it a week, and I should be alright again.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 17th, 2002, 07:36:09 PM
>_<

:cry

*writes MARCUS IS MEAN on the ceiling as she whips around ono the fan*

M a r c u S I_ s m E A N !