PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Lucasfilm Employee Charged With Theft

Jinn Fizz
Oct 12th, 2002, 01:40:01 PM
Read this article, this is absolutely mind-boggling.:headbash

http://www.marinij.com/news/stories/index2002453.html

Jedieb
Oct 12th, 2002, 04:01:27 PM
I read that article yesterday, it was pretty amazing. I feel bad for the poor sap, but he's got no one to blame but himself. I mean, if I were in his position I would have had my share of work goodies, but this guy went over the line. Plus, it looks like he tried to profit from it. If he is the guy who gave AICN an early look at EP2, then it seems like he was more than willing to abuse his position at Lucasfilm. I wonder if Harry will feel any guilt if this guy gets convicted?

JMK
Oct 12th, 2002, 04:58:19 PM
I would say that if Harry continues to give those "early peaks" at movies, obtained the way this employee scored them, then no, he doesn't feel badly at all.

Jedieb
Oct 12th, 2002, 09:06:23 PM
Some people are really "love or hate it" when it comes to AICN. I never really go over there that much, but I just wonder the site is going to react to this case.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:01:38 PM
Can the Prosecuter charge Knoweles, the article mentioned that possibility.

ReaperFett
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:14:38 PM
What can they charge him for? Being shown a video? Talking about it?

I still dont believe that was a leak. Hmm, how convenient how probably the biggest fan movie website around had its owner see EP2 so early! I mean, giving a SW fan who enjoyed TPM a cut would mean a good EP2 review, but that's just a coincedence!

And of course, notice how the DVD slipped out all around as well? What a coincedence!

I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that Lucasfilm is THIS incompetant in having leaks.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 13th, 2002, 05:22:35 PM
Well they are at least attributing it to him, but they could do that to make people think they didn't.

ReaperFett
Oct 13th, 2002, 06:09:32 PM
Exactly.

To give Harry an advance showing is a masterstroke. You have a vocal bigtime SW fan, on a oft-viewed page.

ReaperFett
Oct 16th, 2002, 05:50:52 AM
Harry made a reply on AICN. Nothing much, but does show how little research that article did (Harry isnt returning calls? HES IN SPAIN! HE GAVE A NUMBER!:))

Nupraptor
Oct 21st, 2002, 05:45:49 AM
More than 2,000 high-quality digital images from "Episode II," valued at $125,000.Jpegs worth $125k? :huh

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 21st, 2002, 06:57:31 AM
No sympathy for the Lucas employee in question, none at all. And while I think AICN is the crapper when it comes to movie sites, no doubt I have LucasFilm was behind Knowles viewing of AOTC.