PDA

View Full Version : Grev Drasen Training I: Will, Instinct, Reflex

Salem Ave
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:32:15 AM
Sat within a cave, the solid pools of black embedded within Salem’s visage stared outwards onto Corellia. From within the cocoon of grit and granite he watched the embryonic landscape for the briefest of moments, before closing his eyes. In the shadows of the dimly lamp lit cavern he was waiting; waiting for the arrival of one who he was to train – his second apprentice, Grev Drasen.

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:30:19 PM
Lifting his head up from the pages, the calling of another made itself present in the mind of Drasen. Closing the book, he rose to his feet and out of the study in a hasty fashion. It was evident he had been assigned to a new master, and he was eager to arrive on the location - rather eager to continue his training.

A leaden cavern located just on the outskirts of the training grounds. Upon entering the nest he was greeted by darkness, but he felt the whereness of another there; more than likely his newly acquired instructor.

"I am here... Master."

Salem Ave
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:22:04 AM
For a moment, he allowed Grev to stand unanswered in the maw of the cave, framed by the moon from above. He watched the man he had spoken with, if infrequent, and then pushed himself up to his feet – hooking a set of claws into the wall of the cave to pull his body up from the crouched position he had been in.

“Good evening, Grrr-ev…”

Slowly from the black his pale complexion became visible, as he lurched forwards. His hands were brought together at his waist, pressed together in an almost pious gesture.

“Tell me,” the vampyre began, “What do you know of the darrrrksss-ide?”

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 13th, 2002, 12:27:18 PM
Pausing for a moment, he stumbled to find recognition in the man's face. It seemed so familiar to him, but he could not quite place it. Finally revealing himself from the shadows, Drasen allowed his eyes to follow the man's labent footsteps as he drew near.

Good evening, Grrr-ev...

Chilling, a voice rang from the man's concealment. He had recognized the voice as that of the vampyre, Salem Ave. An acquaintance he had stumbled upon in the hallways of the Palace.

"Salem..."

A simple nod was gestured in greeting towards Ave, as the inquiring soon began.

"What I know of the darkside I have imbibed myself. Vaguely, yet I know enough to realise it's importance."

Salem Ave
Oct 14th, 2002, 10:01:28 AM
Salem returned the nod. The air between the two was more of acquaintances than Master and Student, which was actually fine with Ave.

“What of combat then? And yourrr passs-t? There is alwaysss a reason, a motive, behind even the mossst fiendish of Sssith. Tell me yours.”

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 16th, 2002, 08:12:31 PM
A pause lingered in the bleak, moist air of the lurid cavern. Drasen tucked his head into a slight bow, tendrils of darkly colored crimson hair showering his pale guise. It was an inquest in which he tended to avoid so many times before, not because of any pain it inflicted, it had just been something he chose to hold aloof; it was his past.

Finally his head lifted, with a recurrent expression which was apathetic.

"Master Ave..." he continued, "My past holds no relevance to the choice I have embraced in joining the darkside, in my opinion."

Stern, yet he attempted to keep some sort of inferiority in the tone of his voice. They were former acquaintances, but the vampyre was still a nobility to him in the ranks of the Order.

"Combat is one of the my stronger points, before residing in the Order I was trained adeptly in weaponry of all ranges. Most importantly the lightsabre."

It was a quick attempt at averting the topic.

Salem Ave
Oct 17th, 2002, 11:34:20 AM
The not-so subtle aversion of the topic of his past had been noted, and Salem paid no mind to it – in due time the apprentice’s roots would be revealed, and the Knight was quite willing to wait; after all, he had all the time in the world.

“Sss-how me an example of how you are able to utilize the Force.”

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 17th, 2002, 06:07:49 PM
Drasen nodded.

"Precognition and telepathy are the only real points of the darkside I have become accustomed to."

With a hand extended, he closed his fingers into a knit fist. Soon after, a wall of debris began to ascend from the ground encircling the apprentice. It lasted a brief moment, and in a matter of seconds the ward fell back to the stone surface.

"Telekinesis is not."

Salem Ave
Oct 18th, 2002, 02:34:55 AM
“Then telekinesis is what we shall first practice.”

Salem leant back against the caves wall.

“Somewhere in here, underneath this dust and debri, there is a gemstone.”

As Grev looked around, he could see that beneath him was indeed a thick blanket of ash and the like – it appeared as though someone he burnt a large fire on top of the already substantial detritus.

“Find it, without using your hands, feet … or any other limbs.”

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 18th, 2002, 07:17:28 PM
It seemed simple enough. After instructions were given by Salem, a quick study examined the ash coated floor of the cavern. Inhaling slowly, his eyes seemed to focus on a designated area of the charred rubble.

Trembling lightly, his hand gradually crept upwards, fingers curving inward as if he were gripping at something. Soon the ashen dust began to shuffle, and in a nimble motion a clearing formed in the blanket of filth.

Seen underneath it all was a faint glare of the gemstone. With a deft flick of the wrist, the stone discarded from the pile and found itself in the hands of the awaiting Drasen.

Salem Ave
Oct 19th, 2002, 01:59:48 AM
Holding out his hand to Grev, Salem received the small ruby, and held it up for inspection. Then in his palm, he curled the talon-like fingers he bore and slowly crushed the stone into 5 pieces. With a wave of his hand, he cast them back down to the floor, and lowered himself into a crouch.

“Assemble the gem again to its orrriginal form.”

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:38:20 PM
Before his eyes, Drasen stood watching the gem in which he had just retrieved being subverted into multiple shards. It hadn't bothered him, though, after all it was only to further his efficacy with the darkside.

A cast of the hand and his Master showered the ground with the remaining fragments, each scattered throughout the ashen pile. Then, the instructions were delivered. At his current state, assembling the pieces wouldn't hold that much difficulty; it would only be a hassle to summon that much concentration into such a delicate task.

"As you wish, Master Ave."

Clutching his hand into a fist once again, his fingers caved into ball as he tightened a grip. As the rubble began to shiver, the stones seemed to re-emerge into view. Slowly, and a bit unsteady, but surely they all arose in unison. Encircling the clenched hand of Drasen, the shards secured themselves into their original formation.

Salem Ave
Oct 24th, 2002, 04:23:42 AM
“Good. Yourrr control is verrry good. But what about sss-trength…”

On the floor by Salem’s feet was a lamp. He lifted it, and struck the match inside of it to light the oil. Turning, the flickering flames revealed a large boulder in the back of the cave.

“Push it aside.”

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 24th, 2002, 07:48:13 PM
Across from the two a massive boulder lie in rest, as the dim light of the lantern revealed the formidable obstacle. A nod regarded the vampyre's further instructions, as Drasen turned towards the task just as he had with the previous fiats.

Stepping closer into the mass of rock, a hand reached out to the blockade as small pebbles and debris began to break off and litter from the wall of the cavern. Trembling slightly, the formation began to shift a bit, as it budged a little to the left, the apprentice revealed a strenuous glare in his eyes as he continued to apply pressure against the heavy force.

Soon the boulder towered aside, stopping itself with a sounding crash against the wall surface. Turning back to Ave, a slight hint of exertion managed to find its way on the visage of Grev, who concealed it with relative ease. The task was complete, and that was all which had mattered to him.

Salem Ave
Oct 27th, 2002, 04:40:51 AM
Without a word he walked in and continued through the cave. The light of the lamp showed the way for a good while, though after a few minutes Salem stopped in his tracks and blew it out. There was a rumbling back up the tunnel, and the boulder shifted back into place – smothering the whole place in impenetrable darkness.

“… Complete darkness. One day your soul will be this black,” he said with a chuckle.

“Now… where your eyes cannot see Grev, your mind can.”

As he spoke, where his voice came from shifted and changed. He did not move, but it seemed so.

“Bats use waves to sense things… I want you to try the same. Pick up on any formations in the rocks, and any creatures that might be here also.”

imported_Grev Drasen
Nov 4th, 2002, 11:12:09 PM
As the apprentice stepped into the tunnel, a sudden collision was heard before a boulder tumbled into place before the entrance. Darkness consumed the small space, and only Salem's words could be heard.

“Bats use waves to sense things… I want you to try the same. Pick up on any formations in the rocks, and any creatures that might be here also.”

Glancing around for a moment, it was useless. Closing his eyes, Drasen concentrated on the vibrations, the vibrations which weren't even faintly audible. His stare traced along the walls, as his senses picked up on the silent footsteps of a creature.