PDA

View Full Version : Why do I get the feeling...

Nupraptor
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:28:22 AM
that this (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=399161#post399161) thread was started just to see if we'd close it, so they can raise a ruckus about it? I'm leaving it open, for the moment. Just to see what develops.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:14:04 AM
Looks to be exactly what it is. I have edited out the circumvention of the wear filetr.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:24:28 AM
Judging by the tread title, I suspect it was to provoke a reaction by the staff. Instead of giving that pleasure, I suggest leave it open for a while, and let it become obvious by poster's opinion why such threads should not be started in the first place. Then it would also be hard to argue the staff is acting rashly on its own, rather than protecting the interests of our forum members.

Nupraptor
Oct 12th, 2002, 01:17:44 PM
It looks like I was right. Even though I haven't yet closed the topic, there are still people trying to claim that I was singling out that thread. Despite the fact that we have closed many, many threads of the same nature in the past. Or flinging accusations at the staff.

Nupraptor
Oct 13th, 2002, 07:09:15 AM
Hmm... that wasn't quite the effect I was hoping that would have. Still, I hope people think twice about starting those kinds of threads in the future. If someone tries to claim they're being singled out or discriminated against the next time we have to close one of those threads, we can always point to that.