PDA

View Full Version : hey gue baby! You sexy A**.

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:19:48 AM
How ya doin? ;)

Lord Gue
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:20:57 AM
lookin good babycakes, im great, how ya wanna feel? ;)

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:23:45 AM
Im feelin fine, why what ya offering?

(for anyone else if this dont make sense, don't ask. It's a competition :))

Nupraptor
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:25:15 AM
1.) We do not appreciate you trying to circumvent the swear filter. It's not there for you to find ways just to get around it.

2.) Why does this deserve it's own thread, instead of a PM/IM?

Lord Gue
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:27:39 AM
as much as you can take

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:28:13 AM
Depends how much I want.

Lord Gue
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:29:15 AM
or how much ill give

Nupraptor
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:30:41 AM
If you'd like, you can PM me with a reply. But this just looks like an attempt to raise your postcount, to me.

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:38:09 AM
How much you'll give? Im worth everything mate.

It's actually for fun we're doing this. Join in if ya want ;)

Lord Gue
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:43:30 AM
wouldnt waste it if it wernt

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:52:26 AM
waste? whats a wasting?

Lord Gue
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:54:34 AM
u tell me ya sexay thang you

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:56:06 AM
I know ;)

Lord Gue
Oct 12th, 2002, 04:00:23 AM
then go ahead and share ~_^

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:04:43 AM
What is this nonsense doing here? If this is some kind of a joke, then please tell us what it is, so we may be enlightened.

Severen Morkonis
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:12:21 AM
Coulda' sworn Nup told them to stop?

Admiral Lebron
Oct 12th, 2002, 08:15:42 AM
I say set their post counts back to zero.

Gitane Blesse
Oct 12th, 2002, 08:20:34 AM
x.@;; Am I the only one on this damn board that doesn't care about post count?

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 12th, 2002, 08:27:05 AM
No, your not the only one.

Gav Mortis
Oct 12th, 2002, 09:18:20 AM
I don't care either but this sort of thing is just getting annoying around here, it really is.

Blaine
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:02:17 AM
SWFans is getting more strict? There have been a load of posts that have no reason to exist, yet this is the only post that's been stopped O_o

Taylor Millard
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:07:31 AM
Actually there've been a few threads that have had to've been stopped. But this thread was never closed.

The point of it here is, this could've been done via a PM. And both Azhure and Gue have been here long enough to know this.

And I've been a recipiant of a 'Take this to PM' notice by people before so we're not singling these guys out at all.

It happens to everyone atleast once. :lol

ReaperFett
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:43:31 AM
Most threads you point out Blaine arent directed at one person, and with no possibly entertainment for anyone else.

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:54:16 AM
So I can post something entirely pointless and stupid, but as long as it's not directed to a single person it's ok to do so?

Taylor Millard
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:59:09 AM
Well I'd be careful what you post. It's considered bad form if done. If there's a point to it then it's okay.

But it's a fine line really. I'd ask the mods, honestly.

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:03:05 AM
I wasn't really serious, Millard. I'm not much for pointless posts, and rarely post here as is.

ReaperFett
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:12:37 AM
So I can post something entirely pointless and stupid, but as long as it's not directed to a single person it's ok to do so?

Depends. Could it entertain, have a use?

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:31:20 AM
Some have different views of entertainment.

This thread could be considered entertainment, and not just between two people.

Sanis Prent
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:09:38 PM
1-1 issues are a matter of private messaging. Now, things that initially start 1-1, but can involve others (which this thread is not) are acceptible, more or less. I've been rapped on this before, so no, there's no "diplomatic immunity" for staff on the rules, either.

Nupraptor
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:34:30 PM
There have been a load of posts that have no reason to exist, yet this is the only post that's been stoppedThis thread is still open, as opposed to many others of the same nature that have been closed. I left it open for a reason. So, quite the contrary to your statement, this thread has not been singled out. It has, in fact, been granted special privilages for the moment to prove a point.

You see, there is no reason why this couldn't have been handled via IM or PM. The first dozen posts or so in this thread are nothing but single lines text of text, with only two people posting back and forth. That sounds much more like an IM conversation to me than anything you'd use a messageboard for. I even gave them the benefit of a doubt that there could possibly be a point to this thread, but I received no explanation.

Lord Gue
Oct 12th, 2002, 01:01:31 PM
Erase my post count if you feel its nescesary, dont bother me none, just numbers. funny, ive never seen a staff members spam closed..

Sanis Prent
Oct 12th, 2002, 01:08:12 PM
We would have to spam in the first place, in order to have a spam thread closed. I've had a 1-1 thread closed before, due to PM consideration. No skin off my back, I simply did as the FAQ said the next go around. Someone occasionally forgetting is one thing. Somebody deliberately being contrary is another.

imported_Callista
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:21:22 PM
Why must these things be taken argumentatively? Why don't you (Gue or Azhure) just tell everyone what this game is about so that people might actually be able to join in....that way it isn't considered pointless spam?

Doesn’t make sense to me that a game or contest that no one knows anything about is all of a sudden starting a conflict when it could easily be solved by a simple explanation.

Severen Morkonis
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:51:30 PM
good point

imported_Firebird1
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:23:20 PM
WTFrell....

Ok kids, time to grow up a little.

Whats the Contest?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:01:56 PM
My guess is how long it would take for someone to tell them to stop.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:11:24 PM
looks like it.....bakas.....

Inu
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:16:03 PM
I know. The point is to use those nifty little tags that SWFans made. This one I think deserves the spam label...

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:01:01 AM
to see who could flirt the best. if its such a big problem then it wont happen again, I'm sorry for being ignorant that this was not allowed.

I dont care about my post count, trust me, I only wanted to have fun but next time we'll leave it elsewhere. Terribly sorry.
If this is to prove a point then leave it, Im not guilty of trying to have fun, but of not knowing this wasnt allowed.

thanks. Tea`

Dante
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:12:50 AM
[blinks]

wierd.

[blinks]
[walks off]
[comes back]

im sure i had something to say......

oh yeah.
whats with the whole new system with the tags and stuff.... i dont get it. inviting hijackers? doesnt that defeat the object?

TheHolo.Net
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:14:45 AM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23675

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:17:20 AM
I think the idea is that if you make a topic and label it with one of the tags that denotes that it shouldn't be posted in just randomly, this will stop people hijacking and taking the thread off topic. This would be useful for say, if you were trying to get some serious input on something. Topics like that often end up getting derailed someway or another, so with this new addition you can basically say "PLEASE DON'T DO THAT" and then if someone does, the Staff would deal with it accordingly.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:20:25 AM
Originally posted by Elena Van Derveld
I think the idea is that if you make a topic and label it with one of the tags that denotes that it shouldn't be posted in just randomly, this will stop people hijacking and taking the thread off topic. This would be useful for say, if you were trying to get some serious input on something. Topics like that often end up getting derailed someway or another, so with this new addition you can basically say "PLEASE DON'T DO THAT" and then if someone does, the Staff would deal with it accordingly. Yes, the [NSP] and [RP] tags are for exacty that.

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:45:40 AM
OK, read it. Mistake won't happen again. Set my post count to 0, it's ok.
Im here to rp and devalop my character, and to generally be a part of the rping group, not to advance my post count. And I definantly dont want to pee anyone off if I can help it.
if there's anything else you want to discuss with me, or to tell me how stupid I am, then im now on my aim. thanks.

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:49:49 AM
I don't think anyone is trying to get at you personally here Azhure, just trying to make the board a more smooth running place :)

Taylor Millard
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:51:49 AM
Calm down, calm down. The staff is not an evil entity.

Don't ask for your nose to be cut off to spite your face. Just remember not to do it again. Pure and simple.

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:22:39 AM
Im sure they are trying to run it smoothly, and thats a good thing, and I know their not evil, but keeping this as an example makes me look like an idiot. Now I'm all for believing you pay for what you do (and this thread DOES make me look dumb as it is against the rules, so Im not denying that), so looking like an idiot is a fair punishment.
I just don't want anyone to get the impression Im not worth rping with, or that Im dim-witted and only care about post counts, because I like this place and I dont want to be seen as that. Im not angry with anyone and I know the staff are doing their job. I respect the staff, If I didnt I'd have made myself seem very disrespectful a long time ago.
To be fair I'm actually a bit humiliated by the fact this thing stays here as youve made it an example.
To anyone who thinks I sound overreactive, I say what I feel and I'm done and won't say any more about this.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:34:28 AM
*huggles Azhure*

Taylor Millard
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:38:35 AM
Well, you could always PM a Mod and ask for the thread to be deleted. That way no one knows it existed.

And there's not a stigma placed on someone for doing a spam thread for the first time. If it was first time deal, which it was to my knowledge, then you don't have anything to worry about.

Just don't do it again. You're not though of as an idiot or the stigma that you aren't worth RPing with.

If this was a game then just be sure to say so next time. So again calm down, take a deep breath (Get some sleep if it's time to sleep) and relax.

YOu have to do a lot more to get the stigma of 'Not RP Worthy'

TheHolo.Net
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:57:15 AM
"Deleted" by original author's request via PM.

Azhure Darkstone wrote on 10.13.02 04:49:01 AM:
could you please delete the thread in the OOC forum as soon as the point is proved to everyone. I feel really uncomfortable about it being there, so could you please make it sooner than later.
Apologies, Azhure.