PDA

View Full Version : Taking a breather (open)

Silus Xilarian
Oct 12th, 2002, 01:24:07 AM
The past two weeks had flown by for Silus. A chance meeting with a nosy Jedi had managed to complicate his stay on Coruscant. Things had settled down a bit though, and he was finally taking a day to relax.

Silus walked down the street, blending in with the bustling crowds that were a norm on the city-planet. Glancing around, he found him a nice place to settle in. A small diner.

He walked on in, spying a booth a the back of the establishment. He made his way through the crowded resturant and took a seat, offering a polite smile at the waitress as she brought him a menu and a glass of water.

Silus casually opened his menu, taking in the atmosphere as he gazed about the room.....

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 12th, 2002, 01:35:07 AM
Maia sat with her head cradled in her hands. Her hair spilled over them and covered her weary face. Maia's thoughts were on her padawan and the recent fight they had been in. He had almost lost his life. They all had. Sighing softly Maia sat back, her eyes roaming the crowded room. Not fixing on anything in particular, until she spotted the man who had almost killed Kindo.

She looked away her lips tightened slightly. It was not anger that filled her but a need to understand. She had come into the battle near its end. Maia was still shy by nature and she forced herself from the booth and toward his table. She stood quietly behind him for a moment before stepping into his line of vision. A small tentative smile tugged the corners of her lips...

Silus Xilarian
Oct 12th, 2002, 01:44:24 AM
Silus looked up to the woman who had just silently made her presence known. A rather attractive woman. He began to speak until he remembered her face. She was the master of the padawan that had caused Silus to live in obscurity.

He wasnt quite sure how to react, though he didnt lead on as being surprised. Instead, he gave a disarming smile toward her, though he was keeping on guard...

"Hello there"

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 12th, 2002, 01:57:37 AM
Maia's eyes traveled slowly over the mans features. She looked for the answers there, in the lines of his face, in his wary eyes. But she found none. She had thought to at least see a monster hidden behind a handsome face. Shaking her head slightly, she gave a rueful smile. "You are not at all what I had imagined." Maia's hand went immediately to her mouth, trying to call back the words that had already carelessly tumbled from her lips. She always said what she thought and on many occasions had gotten herself into deep water.

"I am sorry for being rude. What I mean to say is that I had thought you would be evil looking for what you did." Maia's eyes widened even further. Her face blossomed a deep red. Her hands splayed out helplessly. She took on a very child like appearance when flustered.

"May I join you and I will try to explain what I meant, without being rude, if that's at all possible....." She asked softly. Her small hands twisted on each other. Maia was glad no one she knew was here to see her make a fool of herself. It was bad enough that she had insulted a man she didnt even know...

Taylor Millard
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:07:43 AM
Millard had just arrived on Coruscant, beginning his own hunt for the lupine Loklorien s'Ilancy. He'd seen a GNN report on an attack on several Jedi by two 'beasts' and decided to check it out.

His grand admiral uniform was back on Balmorra, along with the ISD Superior. Taylor had taken the Rascal King and headed towards Coruscant as quickly as possible.

As he travelled down the streets of Coruscant he spotted one of his own, Silus Xilarian, slip into a small diner. While it definately was not a place for a man of Millard's dress to come in, Millard wanted to know what Xilarian did.

Then he saw the woman walk up to Silus.

Millard saw the look on Silus' face and realized the Shadow Squadron leader knew the woman. And she was a Force user.

He took the seat Maia had recently exitted.

"May I have an espresso please?"

Silus Xilarian
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:11:16 AM
Silus held back a chuckle as the knight frantically began trying to explain herself. Surprisingly enough, he understood what she was trying to say. She was visibly embarassed. Silus found this to be surprising to say the least. Most of the Jedi he had encountered, her padawan included, were nosy enough to not be phased by a chance meeting under these circumstances...

Silus kept his smile as he slid his menu to the side

"By all means, have a seat"

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:27:02 AM
Maia nodded gratefully and slid into the seat. Brushing her hair back from her face she smiled. her fingers tugging at the delicate fabric of her dress.

"It's very kind of you to let me join you after what I just said. I don't usually approach people I don't know but when I saw you, I thought perhaps you might hold the answers I need." She spoke quickly, her voice gentle and soft.

At his curious look she went on. Her eyes taking on a far away cast as she spoke. "You see I need help understanding why, why did you attack my padawan, what drives you...." Maia paused her face growing red not from embarrassment this time but from not being able to find the words she needed.

"You see I come from a family of darksiders. My brother who can at times be so gentle, can also be very cruel. My father though handsome, cannot hide the evil that dims his eyes." Maia said her eyes grew sad and haunted.

Reaching out Maia placed the tip of one of her fingers on the back of his hand, a gesture that was innocent. She was very different from other Jedi, she knew that anyone no matter there crimes could be redeemed if only they would see that evil did not have to rule them.

Maia looked into his eyes. "What I want to know is why."

Silus Xilarian
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:38:50 AM
"Whether you believe it or not. Kindo pushed me into fighting him..."

Silus didnt know how Maia would react to such a bold statement, but there was truth to it. Silus' moved his hand over hers comfortingly. He suspected she would draw back, but it was all he could think to do...

"He put himself into a needless confrontation with me, one that he had plenty of opportunity to walk away from. When he realized who I was, he left me with no option but to attack. It was self defense, in a sense...."

Silus locked eyes with Maia, hinting no sign of deceit....

Taylor Millard
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:41:11 AM
Millard was close enough to hear most of the conversation.

Excellent job, Mister Xilarian. You might be worth keeping on after all.

He took another sip of his espresso and continued to listen.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:48:21 AM
Maia sighed softly at his words. "Sometimes the need to right evil can lead you into situations that you do not belong in." It was something she had told her padawans. She knew that she must always protect, but then there were times when words would serve better. Maia's eyes took on an apoligetic look.

Maia did not remove her hand from his but instead covered his with her other one. "They are young and have not learned yet that they cannot fight everyone." She remembered her brothers words calling her a fool for her gentle nature. There life had been harsh, full of pain and disappointment. But Maia had maintained an innocence in the face of hate.

"I guess what I am really asking is why do you choose a life of darkness?" She thought of her brother as she asked. She had posed him the same question and his answer had simply been because there is power in evil. She could not accept that, she did not want to accept that he would choose doing evil for the sake of power...

Silus Xilarian
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:59:28 AM
I think when you ask the question why do I choose the path of darkness, I should ask why not....

Silus kept his gaze fixed on Maia...

I've walked the path of the light before, and struggled with it the whole time. The darkness embraces me. Im not restricted by it. Im no different in my morals and character than from when I considered myself a Jedi. I live my life according to my rules...

Silus paused for a minute, lightly squeezing Maia's hand.....

I tend to believe that there is a distinct different between Evil and Darkness. If I were to defeat an opponent without bloodshed and claim my victory for the darkside, would you think me more evil than one who would spill blood in the name of the light?

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:16:28 AM
"I do not think blood should ever have to be spilled. I am not so foolish to believe that I will never have to. I have lived with darksiders and I know what they do and what they claim to do it for. I have seen atrocities visited on families that were just in the way. We all need rules that we must follow and not rules of our own making. You do seem very different from any of the darksiders I have met but then again it's the matter of what you hide behind your handsome face and ready smile." Maia smiled gently to take the sting from her words.

"Before I became a Jedi I had thought I was supposed to hate what was evil and now I am taught acceptance. Which for me in some ways is easier. It is not in my nature to hate what I don't understand. I have tried to find answers to my questions. Perhaps Some would even think me foolish to be here with a darksider." Maia cocked her head slightly as she gazed at the man. "Am I foolish for asking you? For trusting that you will speak the truth?"

Silus Xilarian
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:41:02 AM
I have no reason to lie to you. You are here seeking a civilized conversation, which is a far cry from the treatment I've recieved from other Jedi. When Kindo approached me in that office building, he already had his hand rested on his saber. I on the other hand, held out until I felt a true threat.

Silus shifted a bit in his seat to take some strain off his aching back....

I dont see the folly in living by my own rules and morals. There are many standards of rules, Ive just happened to choose a middle ground. Its not like I ignore them all together.

Silus kept eye contact with Maia, there was nothing more he could do to show that he meant what he was saying.

Taylor Millard
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:46:17 AM
Millard rose from his seat, and headed towards the bathroom. Which happened to be right by where Silus and Maia sat.

As he walked by the table, he nodded at Silus as if saying, 'Good job'.

Then he entered the bathroom.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:24:38 AM
Maia sighed and leaned back her eyes lost and confused. Passing a hand over her eyes she tried to ease the ache there. "I once again have been rude. I did not mean to call you a liar. I... I don't know what answers I need. Had you been the monster that everyone seems to think darksiders are..." Maia paused her eyes going to the table. She noted every scratch, every flaw.

Maia's gaze fell on her arm where a scar had not yet faded. One that served to remind her just what evil could do. It had taken the face of the one she loved and violated every trust she had. "Maia kept her eyes on the scar as she began to speak, her voice took on a hollow tone of one who had removed herself from feelings.

"He wore the face of my lover. He was evil personified, taking pleasure in the pain he inflicted, as he followed the rules he set for himself. He drove spikes through my flesh, pinning me to a wall. Telling me it was he who was truly free from the binders we had placed on ourselves. Fiend, He took everything I believed in and seared it away." Maia raised her hands to her lips remembering the kiss he had given her. How her lips had bled. A tear fell from her eyes distorting the flaws she had been looking at.

"What rules can evil set for itself? What limitations do you have? If ordered would you take the life of one who offered you nothing but kindness?" Maia looked back up into his eyes, the pain she felt written plainly on her face. She opened her mind and filled his with what Fiend had done.

"That is what darkness has wrought, has bred and filtered into peaceful lives. Why when you seem so kind, do you choose to be what he is?" Maia's eyes pleaded with him for answers, She had spoken to Dios well after Fiend had found his own body. She had told him that there had to be forgiveness, and yet she found herself unable to forgive what fiend had done...

Silus Xilarian
Oct 12th, 2002, 08:51:46 PM
I'd be lieing to you if I said that evil didnt lurk in the darkness. I'd be lieing if I said that we didnt need a set standard of rules. But there are exceptions. I have my honor. As do you.

I cant deny that most, nearly all, darksiders are prone to violence with little or no provocation. The darkside grants more power than most are responsible enough for. You ask if I would kill someone who's shown me nothing but kindness. My answer is no I wouldn't. Make no mistake about it. I am a darksider, but Im no Sith. Im farther from it then some that would lurk in your order.

Im sorry for what happened to you. I truly am. I know just from our conversation thus far that you arent deserving of what happened...

Silus' words trailed off as he squeezed Maia's hand harder. As he did, a flood of his memories were opened to her. Memories of the day he watched a Sith Master strike down his father. Memories of a darksider attack in Yogurt's bar and grill, where his dearest friend Loklorien s'Ilancy was brutally injured by one of the attackers. Memories of various times he himself was assualted by followers of the darkside...

I am what I am by default, not choice. My actions aren't constituted by evil. I act by my honor, and the darkside fuels that...Am I making any sense?

Silus paused as a man walked by. He looked familiar, but Silus only got a brief glance at him. The waitress finally arrived, more than likely delayed out of fear of interupting the conversation. He was caught of guard by it and managed to stutter...

Um, just a refill on the water, and her order will be on my bill also, thank you...

The waitress turned to Maia, awaiting her order....

Silus felt a bit weird. He wasnt used to opening up his thoughts so openly to a complete stranger.....

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 12th, 2002, 09:50:46 PM
Maia's eyebrows rose at his words. She had never heard of a darksider with honor or morals. She had in her time as a Jedi seen horrible things and as a child had lived it.

"Then how can you say that you are a darksider. I see you have been hurt as deeply as I have, does that not want to make you turn from what they are? If you view life with such goodness than why not walk away from the evil?" She was truly confused now. In her heart she held true to the beliefs of the Jedi and what they stood for. She had never wavered in that. All she had ever wanted were answers, perhaps to ease her mind about her brother, and to understand why people chose the darkside. She had never received an answer from anyone she had asked it of. Now here she was with someone who claimed to be a darksider and he was trying to help her.

Maia smiled at him as he gripped her hand. "I wish I could say I understood but in truth I do not. You seem to be a very good person and it leaves me with more questions."

Maia to was startled by the waitress, she had not realized how engrossed she had become. "I will have a fruit juice and a salad please." She managed with a small shaky voice.

"Sometimes I wonder if I am good enough to be a Jedi, the way I question things." She said softly her eyes searching his. She did not know how she had become so comfortable with him, to be able to talk the way she had and to show him the things she did. But it felt good to be able to...

Silus Xilarian
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:12:38 PM
Im not one of them. I merely use the same tools as they do.

Silus tilted his head a bit...

I use the darkness to accomplish my goals, just as you use the light to accomplish yours.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:43:04 PM
"I see, but why do you use the darkness instead of the light?"Maia asked with a perplexed look. "I am able to accomplish what I need through the light, without causeing harm to others, without choosing a path that leads to destruction. What if one day you are told to kill someone you love by the darkside, would you do it? Or would you turn away from it?"

Maia had asked this question before in a slightly different way but she needed to be sure of his answer. When she had asked it of her brother he had said he would do anything for the darkside...

Silus Xilarian
Oct 13th, 2002, 12:09:47 AM
Silus smiled.

I would do neither, I would simply say no.

His smile diminished none as he rubbed her hands in his.

Its the beauty of being your own person. As I said, the darkside is a tool. It doesn't dictate my actions.

Silus glanced over as their order arrived, nodding politely to the waitress before returning his eyes to Maia.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 13th, 2002, 12:25:23 AM
Maia nodded at his comment. "So then why use the darkside and not the light?" Her eyes fell to his hand. She watched in fascination as it slid softly over hers. Her mind skipped to Dios, a look of guilt crossed her face. Though she felt it was more out of the need to comfort her she still felt as if she had done something wrong. Reluctantly she pulled her hand a way making a pretense of eating.

Silus Xilarian
Oct 13th, 2002, 12:34:24 AM
Silus leaned back as Maia pulled away to eat. He had a pretty good feeling that it wasnt just to eat, but he didnt blame her. They'd hardly known each other a half an hour.

Followers of the light are expected to conform to its beliefs, the darkside is less restrictive. As I said before, I tried to follow the light, and struggled with it the whole time. Just as my father struggled with the darkside, and found comfort in the light...

Taylor Millard
Oct 13th, 2002, 12:37:46 AM
Millard exitted the bathroom and resumed his seat at the bar counter.

"Another espresso please. And a croissant if you have that."

The diner man gave him a bit of an odd look, but two minutes later a croissant and an espresso was set down before him. Millard pulled his copy of the 'New Republic Daily', ironically a government run newspaper, and continued to watch.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 13th, 2002, 01:04:19 AM
Maia pushed her food around in her plate a sad smile clung to her lips. "Restrictive? I have never found serving the light to be that. But when I still lived with my parents I could see how restrictive the darkside was. I could see it pushing them to do things that at times they found painful. You are bound to the darkside body and soul, it offers you nothing but a fallacy. It owns your life and can take it when it is done with you. That is the life that I lived when I lived among darksiders." She said softly, she put her fork down gently on the side of her plate. Raising her eyes to his she smiled the same lost smile.

"At times I wonder what the world would be like if no one had access to this power."

Silus Xilarian
Oct 13th, 2002, 01:15:33 AM
I have never felt the darkside push me to do anything. Evil pushes men to do wrong. Evil happens to use the darkness as its weapon. Just as the Jedi and Sith use lightsabers to fight each other. Its not that different, when seen from my point of view. Its my firm belief that evil dwells in the darkness, but darkness doesnt dwell in evil...

Silus leaned in a bit, his hands outstretched on the table again, though not in contact with hers...

Owls dwell in the darkness of night. This doesnt mean they are evil creatures, they are just more proficient in the darkness....

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 13th, 2002, 01:25:56 AM
Maia nodded at his words. "Yes, evil does dwell in the darkness, waiting to use you and therein lies the problem. It lies in wait fooling you into thinking that you can use it and still maintain good. That you can become one with the darkside and not be tainted by the evil that dwells there. But you can't, don't you see that?" The passion in her voice telling him that she truly believed what she said. Her hands reaching out and grasping his in earnest.

"You are a good person and I can see what you are saying but it waits there ready to make you into what it wants."

Silus Xilarian
Oct 13th, 2002, 01:40:17 AM
But theres the key. We all fight evil. Only my battleground is different than yours. It would be foolish to think that evil cant stray into the light. You know this as well as I do. You fight evil from the outside in, I fight it from the inside out. Same fight, different tactics.

Silus ran his thumb across her hand in an attempt to comfort her. His water still remained untouched...

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 13th, 2002, 01:56:18 AM
"So what your saying is that you choose the darkside so you can fight the evil from the inside? You know I have never met anyone like you? I do not even know your name. Mine is Maia Tharrinn." She smiled at him and took comfort in his touch.

In her heart she wondered if she should feel so at ease with him but he seemed so kind and she felt no malice from him in the least. Maia had been lost for a long time, with no answers and now she felt she could understand her brother more through this mans words....

Silus Xilarian
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:10:51 AM
Tharrinn.....Something sounded familiar in that name, but Silus couldnt place what it was. He put the thought aside for the moment however, it was a bit delayed, but an introduction was called for..

Terin....*ahem* Silus Xilarian...

It was an honest slip up. A common alias for Silus that he'd used more lately than he was used to. Letting it go, he continued...

Unfortunately for me, I didnt chooe to fight with evil. Its just a constant that I deal with. Yes I do fight evil. Is it a fight that I want to deal with? no. Im sure that it is the same for you. Doesnt evil seek those with the farthest to fall?

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:24:06 AM
"It's a pleasure to meet you Silus. As for evil yes it does seek to topple those who have more to loose but it will take anyone it can also." Maia glanced around the quiet diner and smiled. This is a nice place. Would you care to go for a walk perhaps? I f I am not keeping you. I did just barge into your meal." She said with a sheepish grin...

Silus Xilarian
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:31:56 AM
Think nothing of it, my main concern was a quiet evening, rather than a meal.....A walk would be nice...

Silus gestured for the waitress to bring the check. When she did, Silus removed a few credits and handed them to her. As the waitress scurried off to get his change, Silus stood up, politely offering a hand to Maia...

Shall we?

Taylor Millard
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:34:42 AM
Millard pulled the waitress aside.

"I'll pay his bill. Just give him his change back."

He kept sipping his espresso as the woman returned to Silus with his change.

Quite interesting Mister Xilarian. Quite interesting.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:39:32 AM
Maia slipped her hand into his and nodded. Picking up her small jacket she slung it over her arm. "It is a nice evening for a walk." Stepping from the room Maia automatically slipped her arm into his. She had always walked this way with her friends. It was a gesture she thought nothing of.

"So tell me more about yourself Silus, did you recover well from the fight with the lupines? It took my knee a while to mend." She laughed softly. Maia had a soft spot for Diego, though she could not explain why...

Taylor Millard
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:41:24 AM
That caused Millard's ears to perk up. Both Silus and this Maia woman had been in a fight with a lupine.

He nodded to the waitress, then waited until Silus and Maia were far enough away. Then he started following them.

Silus Xilarian
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:47:31 AM
Still got a few cuts and bruises...

Silus turned his head a bit, making obvious one cut running around his jawline..

My shoulder got tore up a bit, and yanked outta place. But other than that im alright....just really confused....

Silus still didnt know why Diego and s'Ilancy attacked him. s'Ilancy especially. Though Diego and Silus were on speaking terms, to an extent, they harbored no fondness for each other. but s'Ilancy was one of his closest friends, and her attack continued to puzzle him...

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:02:40 AM
Maia grimaced at his scar and nodded. "It seems none of us have escaped his bite." She said gesturing to her knee that was visible.

"Confused? Why are you confused?" She to fought Diego before and knew that anytime the force was used around him, he had a tendency to lose it. It made her ache for him. One day it would bring him or those in his way to a horrible end.

"I have fought him before. It seems he has trouble with the force."

Silus Xilarian
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:08:35 AM
Trouble with the force? How much trouble

Silus' eyes narrowed in curiousity. Things were beginning to make a bit of sense now. Why Diego was freaking out, and why he went into a feral rage.....

Does it hurt him? Does it affect everyone of his kind the same way?

Silus thought back to the way s'Ilancy reacted...It began to make sense, though there was a bit of confusion left...

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:17:00 PM
Maia raised her eyebrows slightly at his sudden interest and shrugged. "Well, from what I have seen it seems to drive him mad, he has no control. It was used on his, the force, and it drove him into that beast we fought. I do not know why it happens but I think it hurts him." Maia looked down at the ground.

"I feel so bad for him. I wish I could help him in some way..."

Silus Xilarian
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:51:31 PM
And the other one, that was with him...would it affect her the same way???

It would explain why she attacked, but he still felt bad about having to hurt her. A weird feeling began to plague him....

You may not have noticed....but that waitress didnt bring me my change...She gave me all my money back. Do you get the feeling we're being followed???

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:37:01 PM
"She may be affected like he is I am unsure. I have never seen her before." Maia answered.

Turning she nodded." Yes, I did feel as though we were being watched but then I have been feeling that way for a while now. As if something is going to happen." Maia sighed softly, she didnt know who it was. It could be fiend who wanted her soul or her parents with a bounty out for her to bring her home...

Silus Xilarian
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:51:17 PM
I dont like this. We need to get out of the open...

He wasnt sure, but he thought that someone may have spotted him. New republic guard, maybe. He didnt know. Silus pointed over to an alleyway...

Through there, it leads over by Logan's....If its who I think it is, they'd be crazy to follow us there.

Silus looked her over for a minute. She look to much like a Jedi, but the saber would give it away...

Here let me help with your coat. That saber isnt a good thing to have right now...

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 13th, 2002, 08:55:53 PM
Maia nodded and slipped into her coat concealing the saber beneath it. She had a worried look on her face. If it was her family she knew they would stop at nothing to get her home.

She kept a hold of Silus's arm and rushed along with him. "This is turning out to be an interesting day." Maia said with a small laugh to mask her worry...

Silus Xilarian
Oct 13th, 2002, 09:02:57 PM
They walked at a hurried pace down the alley way, passing a vagrant on the way. Silus payed the man no mind as he kept on...

Just to let you know, where we're headed, force users arent very welcome...Neither are military officials or law enforcement, so try not to stick out

Silus flashed a cocky smile towards Maia. He of course, ignored the fact that he was a force user, and an Imperial officer...

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 13th, 2002, 10:12:02 PM
Maia nodded and hurried along with him. "It shouldn't be to hard hiding that I am a Jedi. As long as there are no force users chasing us. I can mask my signature." Maia muttered to herself.

"Exactly where are we going and I must warn you if it's my family that sent them they will have hired the best..."

Silus Xilarian
Oct 13th, 2002, 10:15:11 PM
Logan's...its just around the corner.....

Silus stopped and looked back at Maia...

Your family???

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 13th, 2002, 10:24:13 PM
Maia stopped to and looked up at him. "Yes, my family, I told you they are darksiders. Well, they were not to thrilled when I left. My brother Mikal helped me get away and he warned me they would get me back at any cost." Maia looked back over her shoulder a worried look covered her face.

She did not think of worrying about telling Silus. His words had given her a certain amount of trust in him. Maia had always trusted in people, she believed in the innate goodness in some.

"I think we need to hurry."

Silus Xilarian
Oct 13th, 2002, 10:36:00 PM
You're right, we do...

With a slight tug of her arm, Silus got back up to pace. If this was them, and they were true pros, then they would fit right in at Logan's...The only difference was, Silus knew Logan personally.

We'll have an advantage when we get in...They'll have to check their weapons at the door....Just make sure you stick close to me....and do not look worried....

They turned the corner of the alley and there it was. Logan's Bar and Casino. Silus slowed his pace now. No use leading on that he was worried....

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 13th, 2002, 10:44:37 PM
Maia did not look back anymore but moved closer to Silus. Though she was a Jedi Knight, she had no doubt if it was someone her parents sent, they were the best.

Maia wanted to cradle her saber in her hand, to feel its comforting wait, but she knew it would only give her away. "I sure hope this plan works." Maia voice was nearly drowned out by the noise coming from the open door of Logan's.

Silus Xilarian
Oct 15th, 2002, 03:01:35 PM
Silus pulled Maia a bit closer to him and lazily draped his arm around her shoulder as they walked up to the entrance. Awaiting them there were two large individuals, both of whom were an inch or two taller than Silus, and much broader. Both of them were visibly armed...

"Welcome Mister Xilarian, will the lady be checking any weapons?"

"No........"

"Very well, Welcome to Logan's ma'am"

With that little bit out of the way, Silus led Maia to a booth in the back corner of the dining area. A waitor was waiting there on them, and was ready to take their order.....

"I'll just have water now, thank you......

From this seat they could watch the door at all times for any suspicious people...

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 15th, 2002, 03:31:12 PM
Maia's eyebrow rose slightly as Silus draped his arm over her shoulder. She knew what he was doing but it still felt strange to have someone else touch her in such a familiar manner besides Dios. A rueful grin tugged at her lips. "And I thought to day would be a quiet one."

Maia ordered a fruit Juice and glanced around. "Seems like a nice place." Her hand strayed to her saber that was hidden by her jacket. Her hand ran over its comforting weight.

"So Silus, what are we to do now?"

Silus Xilarian
Oct 15th, 2002, 07:21:53 PM
"We sit, and we wait. Whoever it is wont make it through that door with weapons, which will make the interrogation that much easier"

Silus shot a sly grin at Maia...

"You look nice, by the way"

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 15th, 2002, 11:19:09 PM
Maia sat back in her chair. She felt more at ease seeing how assured he was. Sipping her juice she smiled. Looking down at her dress she laughed. "Well, I know I don't look very Jedi like but it is how I have always dressed. I do not judge one by what they wear. Though I am sure I would shock some." Maia paused and chuckled.

"Thank you for the compliment. My brother always told me I never took a compliment well but instead found reason why it shouldn't be given." Maia grew more comfortable talking to Silus, for some reason she felt as if she had known him for a long time....

Taylor Millard
Oct 16th, 2002, 03:29:34 PM
Millard continued following Silus and Maia. As they walked into the club, it caused him to pause.

Did Silus know he was being followed? Certain Millard's attire would not allow him entrance because it would probably be considered too 'upper class'.

Best thing to do, he surmised, is to watch and wait.

For that he walked across the street where a small cafe was open and serving drinks. He sipped his wine and kept watching the door to Logan's Bar.

Fiend
Oct 16th, 2002, 06:06:39 PM
:: I entered Logan's with two lovely looking girls, one on each shoulder. I had intended to kill them before entering but I had changed my mind with all their beggings for money and to go to their "place" for the night. Their pleading was appeasing and I allowed the soft humans to accompany me. I entered and took a booth close to the bar. I sat down and ordered a drink and began to sat back...
My eyes flared for a moment as I sensed something... familiar. It was sweeter than the girls next to me and a part of me seemed to be calling to it. I looked around to find its source and there SHE was! IT was that little... I snarled and my eyes screamed fire, the two girls cringed away from as they felt feelings of revulsion go through their minds. My hand slammed on the table as I stared forward at Maia Tharrin... Dios' lover... and the remeberance of Dios was bad enough... But I sat back and calmed my physical emotions and quelled the two girls next to me. I would wait until Maia and whoever she was with decided to leave.::

Taylor Millard
Oct 16th, 2002, 06:25:27 PM
Millard finished his wine and watched several people enter the bar. Apparantly he'd misjudged it from the beginning.

Several well-to-do dressed couples entered along with one very scruffy looking gentleman occumpanied by two women. Millard gave a small smirk of distaste. He knew what the women were fore.

Finishing his glass, Millard paid the bill and walked over to Logan's Place. As he entered the bar, several tall well dressed men came towards him.

"You got any weapons to check...Mister?"

"Fell," Millard replied, "Dr. Fell."

"Any weapons to check Doc?"

Millard smiled and removed his Harpy.

"Only this. Won't be too much trouble will it?"

The bearded one of tall men smiled, "SPYDER-CO Harpy. Good knife. Bit dangerous in the right hands."

"I won't tell anyone if you won't."

Bearded smiled again, then cocked his head, "Let him in. Don't drink too much. I'd hate to put a Doc like you in the hospital."

Millard smiled, "Don't worry. I won't use this on anyone."

Who doesn't deserve it.

'Dr. Fell' walked through the bar, spotting Silus sitting with the woman from the diner. Millard called one of the bouncers over to his side.

"That man over there. Could you give him this message please."

The message read:

Mister Xilarian,

I read your report about your encounter with the two vornskrs here on Coruscant. Do you have anymore information? Good job with the woman...very lovely.

T

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 17th, 2002, 10:39:53 AM
Maia felt a chill sweep over her. She shuddered and gasped. Her hand automatically clutched her lightsaber. The presence was utterly familiar and it caused her stomach to tighten. Just as she could feel the loving presence of Dios, Maia could also feel the revolting presence of Fiend.

Reaching over the table she grabbed Silus's hand. "He is here, Fiend is here." She gasped out. Maia called on the force to ease herself. She knew she should not feel fear but what he had done to her had scarred her soul.

Maia felt tears sting her eyes.. "Dios I need you."

Silus Xilarian
Oct 17th, 2002, 05:37:50 PM
He is? Fiend, who......calm down.....Are you o.......

Silus was cut off by one of the bouncers....

"Mr. Xilarian, This is for you...."

The man handed him a a piece of paper signed by "T".

Who sent this?

The bouncer stepped to the side and pointed over to a man at a well dressed man at the bar..."Taylor?" he thought to himself as he looked at the man. It was Taylor alright, but he looked older, and not as healthy. For once the man looked his own age...

Ummm, Tell him hes welcome to join us if he likes...

The bouncer walked off and returned his attention to Maia.

If hes here then he'd be an idiot to try anything....But i it'll make you feel better, lemme see what this guy at the bar wants and we'll be out of here...

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 18th, 2002, 09:10:43 AM
Maia looked around trying to spot Fiend. She nodded at Silus's words. In a booth not to far from her sat Fiend, his arms draped around two women. Se had not recognized his face but the evil the poured from him was all to familiar. There eyes met and a cold chill swept over Maia. She knew he would have no problem killing anyone to get to her, that anyone she was with or near was in danger.

She looked back at Silus, he could probably take care of himself but it worried her someone might get hurt due to her. "We need to get out of here ad separate Silus. He wants me. If we head for the back we can go our separate ways and you should be in the clear." Maia's tone brooked no argument. The Knight in her had taken over. Serenity had filled her. It was her job to protect and it's the one thing that soothed her troubled heart...

Silus Xilarian
Oct 18th, 2002, 02:26:21 PM
Hold on now....I didnt think a Jedi Knight would be so quick to rush into a fight. We have people watching our backs here, and he doesnt seem to be intent on making a scene at the moment.....

Silus glared over at Taylor, waiting for him to get to the booth...Silus turned his attention back to Maia, a cocky grin flashed over his face....

Just wait a few minutes, thats all you should need...

Taylor Millard
Oct 18th, 2002, 04:41:08 PM
The woman was frightened by something, Millard could tell. He walked over to the booth where the two sat, and extened his hand to Silus.

"Ah Silus, good to see you again," the two shook hands.

Millard turned to Maia, without letting Silus introduce them.

"Lawrence Fell. Dr. Fell if you prefer, a pleasure to meet you," bending down, Millard kissed her hand lightly.

"What brings you to Coruscant, Silus?"

Silus Xilarian
Oct 18th, 2002, 06:25:18 PM
Business, and yourself?

It was a vague answer, and by Silus' standards, pretty generic, but it would suffice. Silus kept the ruse up with "Dr Fell". Taylor was playing the part well, acting like a completely different person, but still maintaining his imperial "dignity"....

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 18th, 2002, 06:50:31 PM
Maia nodded to the man wit a distracted smile. "A pleasure to meet you Dr. Fell." Her eyes skipped from his over to Fiends, a look of hurt pulled her features and Fiend smiled at her.

She could feel him waiting for the right opportunity. She wanted to get out of the busy place. To draw him away from all of the people. Though she was not yet ready to face him, she would rather that than other innocents getting hurt.

"I do not wish to be rude but I must be going soon." She looked pointedly at Silus. Not wanting to alarm Dr. Fell with what was going on. "I'm sure you two have matters to discuss...." Maia trailed off. She did not want to look ungrateful for the time Silus had spent with her, nor did she want to appear rude to the Dr. "I have pressing matters to attend ..." She said in a soft voice. Her eyes jerking back to Fiend, who's smile mocked her discomfort...

Silus Xilarian
Oct 18th, 2002, 07:33:46 PM
Well if you must be going..

Silus stood up and politely offered his hand....

Then I insist you let me accompany you...Me and Dr. Fell can talk later, right Doc?

Silus gave a subtle wink to Taylor...

Taylor Millard
Oct 18th, 2002, 11:33:19 PM
"Of course Mister Xilarian," 'Fell' replied as he took a sip from his glass.

"Your ship, later tonight?" Millard noted the nod given by Silus.

"Very well...enjoy your evening. Good-bye..."

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 18th, 2002, 11:50:58 PM
Maia stood and adjusted her coat in jerky movements. She bowed to Fell and smiled. "I am sorry for being so rude Dr.Fell. It has been a pleasure meeting you." She turned to Silus and nodded.

"If you insist Silus but I don't want to impose on you anymore than I have." It had been a trying week and now she had to contend with Fiend. All she wanted to do was go home and have no one get hurt. Maia tried to keep her eyes from wandering to him But she could feel his mind pulling at her. He was watching there every move. She slid her hand around her saber and caressed the button that would ignite it.

Silus Xilarian
Oct 18th, 2002, 11:59:24 PM
Silus smiled a bit...

You arent imposing at all, we'll just call it a quiet end to an interesting day...

Silus noticed her hand resting on her saber. She was really shaken up. It would serve her better, in his mind, to not have to walk home, or whereever she would be walking to, alone..

And I do insist...

The look on Silus' face hinted that he had a firmer grasp on their current situation than she, and he did, for the most part...

Taylor Millard
Oct 19th, 2002, 12:22:22 AM
Millard smiled and followed the eyes of Maia to where she was looking.

Normally he would not care about the life of a simple Jedi, but he knew Silus had plans for this one. And a master shouldn't prevent his apprentice from doing something too dangerous.

Were Silus to turn, Wargrave would have a meeting with him. A final meeting.

But Millard knew his apprentice would not turn. And he smiled inwardly about it.

"So...Mister..." he brushed Maia's mind briefly getting the name, "Fiend...what is it you want of Silus' new interest."

He took a seat where Silus and Maia had just exitted and watched.

Fiend
Oct 19th, 2002, 12:45:33 PM
:: My blood rushed for a moment as I picked up their conversation. And Maia's anxiety was perfectly delictable in the air now too, another man had come upon them and then Maia had urged to leave and I would have to say, most rudely, tried to depart. I would have to teach her some manners. But they were leaving and that was good enough for me, I would like to consider this place no man's land for the moment, actions were better thought than done here.
The two women slowly moved to get up and stood by the table as I thought a bit longer. Maia and the other man were about to leave and the new comer had just taken their seats. Like a claw, my force power shot out and scraped at Maia's mind, making her look back at me one last time before they headed through the back. My eyes glowed red before I stood up and put on sunglasses. The sunglasses were just for effect, I smiled, I knew the glowing red irises could still be seen underneath.
My head turned to the two women and they slowly sat down as I headed for the front door, tracking Maia as went the opposite direction. I left through te entrance and my mind clicked inside. The two women still at my seat suddenly slumped over on each other, blood slowly tipping out of one's mouth. But at a glance they looked like they had been drunk and fallen asleep on each other. But I had hoped that new comer had noticed. I took a turn around the corner and followed Maia's signature, plans of sadistic pain and torture already being devised in my mind.::

Silus Xilarian
Oct 19th, 2002, 09:29:29 PM
As they walked out, Silus felt someone following them. Though the presence was unfamiliar to him, he knew who it was from the bar, and the way Maia acted. It was a cool evening, and the breeze added to the chill. Silus casually put his arm around Maia, pulling her close to him. As he did, she felt something tap against her side. Rather than it being Silus' hand, it was the handle of a high powered Slugthrower. With her being pulled so close to him, no one from the back could see the exchange.

Silus leaned his head over, seemingly affectionately and whispered..

"Everything's gonna be ok..."

Fiend
Oct 19th, 2002, 09:33:06 PM
:: I had stopped at the corner and heard the other man whisper this to Maia and I smiled... logging that away, it could be used to stir feelings within Dios, if he decided to show up galavanting to the rescue of his beloved. They were slowly coming closer to me and I slumped against the wall. There was another beggar just across the street and I covered my signature with his, Maia wouldn't even be able to tell it was me until she got right next to me.::

Taylor Millard
Oct 19th, 2002, 10:31:14 PM
A slight tap came on Fiend's shoulder as he hunkered in the alley.

As Fiend turned he saw the other 'beggar', his cold, blue eyes blazing with fury.

It had been rather simple for Millard to follow the Sith from Logan's. The man's focus had been only on Maia, and Millard shadowed him, until he saw the opening in the alley. A quick leap up to the roof, then down into the alley, and then the disguise as the beggar.

"Good evening."

With a flick of his wrist, the Harpy knife sliced Fiend's throat.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 19th, 2002, 11:55:46 PM
Maia nodded and leaned close t him accepting the slugthrower. Closing her eyes she let Silus guide her. Her called out to Dios using the force. "Dios, Fiend is here. He is following me. I need you here." She knew the damage he could do, she knew just what cruelties he was capable of. It was the one thing that weakened her.

"He is near Silus, and he will attack. I need to pull my saber and be ready. I don't want innocents hurt." She whispered softly to him.

Silus Xilarian
Oct 20th, 2002, 01:00:33 AM
Silus flashed a confident smile at Maia....

I told you everything will be alright, and I meant it

To look at Maia, it was as if the world was going to end. To look at Silus, it was as if he had not a care in the world. He gave Maia's shoulder a bit of a squeeze....

So, Will you be staying on Coruscant tonight, or will we be headed to your ship.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 20th, 2002, 01:07:43 AM
"I have a small flat not far from here. But I was going back to the order to pick a few things up." She said in worried tones. "We could go to my place and see if Dios is there. I don't want to lead him back though." Glancing around she looked for any sign of Fiend.

She knew she must look like an indecisive fool to Silus by now. "I am sorry about how I am acting. I am usually a little more sure of myself but he has a way of putting me on edge."

Silus Xilarian
Oct 20th, 2002, 01:32:15 AM
"Dont worry about a thing. Like I said, Its ok."

Silus probably seemed a little to sure of himself, as he was quite confident. He did keep alert though, so not to let himself get blindsided, but all in all, Fiend was a mere afterthought...

"If it'll make you feel better, we can stop by my ship, you can use my comlink to try and contact Dios..."

Silus would be taking a risk taking Maia back to his ship. But if worse came to worse Silus could dock it at Balmorra and bring his old ship in, so he didnt worry with it.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 20th, 2002, 01:43:54 AM
Maia nodded though she had already called to Dios using the force she was unsure if he had heard her. "That sounds like a good idea to me Silus." She turned and looked up at him a grateful smile on her face.

"I want to say thank you for helping me and comforting me. It seems silly I know but Before Fiend... hurt me I was very sure of myself. I felt safe. Now it seems I never feel that way." A blush heated her cheeks. She had never been so candid with anyone before. The memories of what Fiend did were still fresh and embarrassing to her. "Lead away Silus I put myself in your hands."

Silus Xilarian
Oct 20th, 2002, 01:54:01 AM
Well then its a plan...

They continued toward the main strip which led to the docks, where Silus' ship was. Before the strip however was a dark alleyway that Silus was quite familiar with, right down to the hobo's that hung around there.

Fiend
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:08:49 PM
:: I slid back against the wall with a snort as blood flowed from my neck freely. My eyes flared in tenacious anger as I looked up to see the man who had been the new comer in the bar. I smiled as my hand came away from my neck, the black liquid covered the hand like a film. I could fel the pain, one of the great feelings of being mortal, but then again, this cut didn't really matter, this was anyways, an avatar gifted to me by the Dalamar and Alana, made to my design, not a pathetic human body. My voice came out in a rasp but sounded the same in the person's mind as I spoke.::

And what exactly were you expecting? To kill me? Maybe even hurt me? Possibly share your own personal views on things, I'm glad I'm in a place where people just slit other's throats. Why? I mean, what in the hell were you thinking to just slit someone's throat? You are now playing with the Fiend of the Darkside, I deem your intentions justified with a beautiful death. Die!

:: With that my black covered hand flew up and a blast of fire knoocked the man to the ground. I turned away the pain in my neck and with a renewed anger at this pointless man, lunged and pinned him to the ground. I drew my injection gun and planted the neddle in the man's neck. Pulling the trigger and withdrawing the gun, I slapped the man with the handle then got up. I spit black fluid on his face and laughed my own shrill, metallic laughter. I garbled the black liquid and spit more out on the ground, turning to the man, I put my hand to my neck and felt the wound there, it would take long to heal that and I would have to cover it for some time. Bacta didn't seem to work too well on this avatar, not many things did... I stared at the man, leveling my own red irises with his.::

You have 2 hours before your brain rots in your head and your body decomposes before your eyes. Don't worry, there's a cure, in my ship. It's a sample of Dios' blood, called holy water, a primitive version of bacta, very potent. But you know what, I'm not really that nice. Don't play around old man, cuz I don't.

:: I pulled a trigger out of my jacket and pressed it. The ship was now gone and the antidote with it. The poison wasn't even really poison, it was my own tainted blood, focused with all the darkside I could put into it. Not energy darkside, but the kind of darkside that is created when things fester and decay. And that is exactly what it would do to anyone ejected with. The only cure this man would find is Dios, and I already knew he was coming. This man would have to wait for my goody too shoe counterpart. I started to turn to walk towards Maia and her companion, they were getting away..., but I turned and kicked the human in the face with my steel soled shoe. My eyes glowed red again and I pulled out a silk scarf and wrapped it about my neck. I turned and broke into a run towards Maia. That man would rot, he better, no human was good enough to imperfect my body! And I had just got this too! I turned the corner and their they were, going the opposite direction, I stopped but I knew if they turned around and looked, I could be seen a mile away, Maia's presence and the closing of Dios made my eyes burn like the moon and the stars.::

Maester Wargrave
Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:31:38 PM
And with that...Millard changed.

The respectable clothes disappeared and a long dark cloak appeared. Millard's face changed from old to a stone colored face as his hair grew completely back from its short, military style. The eyes though...kept their strength.

It was an illusion, the clothing change but one only few could see through and they weren't on Coruscant right now. The lightsaber was not an illusion, nor the smile on the Dark Jedi's face.

He felt the poison, whatever it was, begin to crawl through his system. But instead of letting it corse through his veins, the Dark Jedi used his mind and grabbed it. He concentrated, then...the blood seeped from his neck spilling on his suit. A bit of poison remained, but it was slow and would not destroy him. Not yet atleast.

The lightsaber twirled in his hand, and Maester Wargrave gave another smile.

The Dark Jedi Master stepped out into the street and sent a message towards Fiend.

Of course, Mister Fiend, you never thought you'd be dealing with someone more powerful than yourself.

I suggest you deal with your current problem...than the ones you seek.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:24:46 PM
Maia suddenly felt him and came to a stop. She quickly turned and saw him rushing at her. She stumbled back and pulled her saber from her belt. A look of utter horror filled her face at the hate she felt directed at her. Her face drained completely of color.

She kept her eyes locked on him, as she called on the force. She sent another desperate call to Dios and then one to Silus. The force call was powerful and filled with panic. She had not realized he could affect her so much. She had thought that no one could elicit such fear in her again. But the site f him coming at her froze her blood and brought back the memory of there last encounter...

Silus Xilarian
Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:13:16 PM
Silus felt Maia panicking. He knew what was happening now. Slowly he turned around, casting his eyes on the man approaching. Silus rolled his head around, letting the vertebrae in his neck pop. Fiend was still a good distance away, but closing in. Silus reached behind his back, under his coat, and remove the blackened hilt of his lightsaber.

There was something Silus saw that Maia hadnt. Behind Fiend, a shadowed figure was moving quickly, closing the distance between itself and Fiend. The man's presence was familiar, very familiar. Silus' concern now was to protect Maia, and defend himself, Wargrave wanted this one to himself......

Fiend
Oct 25th, 2002, 06:47:27 PM
:: I flipped around to see a whole new person there. I stopped and smiled.::

You look so much better like that.

:: This person was trained in the darkside and his physical body was more trained than I was. My force capacity raged at this and made my body shiver in envy.::

Don't waste my time though with stupid weapons like a saber. How pathetic that you would even need one, just another symbol of weakness to go along with the disguise. Why disguise yourself as a pathetic creature like that? You don't deserve my power!

:: My cloak ruffled in the wind as I summoned more power to myself. I felt my skin begin to sizzle. The drawbacks of massing the power was painful but I wanted to end this quickly. A black field reached to the sky like hands and made a thick transparent wall around me. I screamed and my eyes went firy red blaze. My skin on my face began to bubble and sag as it burned with my own rage. I would end this and kill him like I was supposed to have moments before!::

You... will... burn... in my hell!

Maester Wargrave
Oct 25th, 2002, 07:22:10 PM
Wargrave raised a grey eyebrow.

"Right...Tell me...if I go to your hell and defeat your devil. Does that make me the master of your hell?"

Wargrave could barely see the black wall, as well as, the creature behind it. Whatever it was...it appeared slicing the throat had angered it.

"You portray yourself as a god. Yet you were injured by my own strike. How god-like are you then...hmm...if you're injured by a 'pathetic creature'."

Silus Xilarian
Oct 25th, 2002, 07:43:46 PM
Fiend had turned his back to Silus. Wargrave's distraction would hopefully be enough...

Silus could sense Maia's fear. A fear she didnt deserve, beneath his calm exterior, Silus grit his teeth. He narrowed his eyes and paced a bit. His anger was being focused.

Fiend would feel it. Subtle at first, a slight discomfort around his throat. He would probably assume it was from the gash that Taylor had given him. Any assumption would end though, as Silus' upperbody tensed a bit. As if an invisible hand had just clenched down, Fiend's air supply was being cut off...

Silus spoke to Maia, his thoughts travelling into her mind

I dont know if i'll be able to hold him...Use your fear against him, help me choke him. Focus....

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 25th, 2002, 07:51:35 PM
Maia wide eyes moved rapidly back and forth. She was near panic. She tried to calm herself but the sight of Fiend was to much. The fear she felt raced through her and she lost all control. She looked desperately at Silus. She didnt want anyone hurt because of her inability to act.

She heard his voice, he needed her help. Tears formed in Maia's eyes. She thought of all Fiend had done to hurt her and her friends. "No more she screamed." Her mind broke. Her fear flashed through her and gave way to anger. Something she had trained herself not to feel. But she had no control over it. All that mattered was no one getting hurt.

She focused her rage and added her power to Silus's. She drew on every receive she had and felt the taint of the darkside fill her. Fiend could fill his air supply dwindle to nothing.

As it did she cried out one name. "Dios."

Dios Kane
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:07:45 PM
:: I jumped off the swoop bike and broke into a ran once I landed. I burst into a rush of wind using the force to increase my speed. I leaped into the air and landed swiftly next to Maia all in one fluid moment. I pulled Maia into my arms and whispered in her ear.::

You told me not to touch that door, I'm making sure you don't step through it my love.

:: My own force aura flowed freely and subtle messages to Silus and the other guy. Both of them gave me a foreboding but at the moment, they were only making the situation worst.::

Quit feeding him! Anger! It doesn't stop him, your anger feeds his power, he doesn't just feed himself with his own anger, he uses your own anger to fuel his power more! Stop this now! I know darksiders can beat people without getting angry! Do so, let me help Maia!

:: I didn't want to be as drastic as I had been, but I cared more about Maia then anything else and her thoughts were in a turmoil and it was disturbing my own thoughts.::

Maia...

Fiend
Oct 26th, 2002, 04:00:33 AM
:: I fell to the ground holding my throat and began laughing in a rasped voice. But my laughter carried through the force too to all of their ears. I was having a hay day here. Maia was actually nice enough to give into ME and Silus was angry... and this other fellow, and then the appearance of Dios. This was too good to be true. My wall of black massing force only seemed to grope higher to the sky with its blackish looking hands reaching as if from hell and my fiery red eyes looked up to Wargrave before I spoke using the force.::

I am the devil! There's a difference between this world and the next, I exist in both... and when you die... I'll be sure to make it that your soul burns before it leaves your body. Even some messiahs are crucified... But I say, why send you to hell now, why not bring some of it to us?

:: I stood up and my skin continued to burn in agonizing pain, it was all worth it though... The pain was so delictably beautiful and the taste of Silus' anger and Maia's paraniod emotions were enough to make me convulse ecstaticly. But Dios... practically my exact opposite... My own passion to kill and burn increased just with a glance of him. He was supposed to be dead too... he will be soon. My power continued to gather and I laughed some more as my hands went to my neck and I held my esophagus open with my own force.
I laughed hysterically and one of my hands came up to my face and tore bits of melted rubbery flesh. I would be using quite a bit of bacta to heal this. Quite a bit, if I could come out with only these scars. My power massed and I continued to burn, turning the pain to power as it only increased, filling it more with Silus' anger, Maia's paranioa... Blood would run when I was done with all of them, my blood and theirs, how beautiful. My wall stayed up and the black mass formed a mist about me.::

Silus Xilarian
Oct 26th, 2002, 05:14:02 PM
Silus looked on as Fiend started to tear flesh from his face. A smile began to cross his own face. It was amusing, really it was, to watch Fiend do this. The force wall around Fiend was still up. Silus paced, not to build up his anger, but to calm it. If he liked the fact Silus was angry, then he was being denied the pleasure. Silus stopped pacing and stared directly at Fiend, who was obscured a bit by the black mist. His eyes closed as he concentrated. Fiend would feel a slight shove at first. Then Silus' arm tensed. Out of nowhere, it was as if an invisible hand had swept down and hit Fiend head on. The force push sent Fiend backward, smashing him into his own force wall.

Silus immediately let off as Fiend hit, and then pushed him back against the wall once more, just for good measure...

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 28th, 2002, 12:18:21 AM
Maia's eyes rolled to Dios, panic still written across her face. Se had calmed a little in Dios's presence but she was still very upset. "We have to stop him Dios and I don't know how. I think if we combine our powers with theirs we can hurt him.?"She asked him desperately.

Maester Wargrave
Nov 1st, 2002, 01:57:40 AM
Wargrave stood with his arms crossed, watching the spectacle of Fiend.

"Frankly, Mister Fiend, I am not impressed by the display. You say yourself a devil. But you have yet to completely prove it."

The Dark Jedi Master looked at the fallen being.

"You are a menace...nothing more."

Fiend
Nov 2nd, 2002, 02:07:43 AM
:: I stood, my maniac smile on my face, and at the word of Wargrave, the force wall about me burst and was drawn into me. The ground about Wargrave and Siluys begant to crack and crumble and lift into the air. My flesh stopped sizzling as I stopped gathering energy and began to use it. Parts of the street were brought into the air as large chunks as they slowly revolved as I waited till I figured who I would hurl them at. My hands shot up and I attempted to choke Silus and Wargrave.
Maia's panic was like a eternal beacon to me at the moment. I was addicted to chaos and the focus it gave me was like a sober high of extreme concentration and hate. I launched the flying rocks into the air and oushed them so they came down upon the four as my arms still out stretched and hands clenched, tried to choke the only two seemingly attackers. Dios wasn't being any fun...::

You know what pasty face? Its morons like you and this other retard who I enjoy killing the most. The ones who are never impressed because their high horse is really a frickin mule, a sterile beast bred from two other ugly creatures such as yourselves, give me the biggest laughs. Especially you, who smells like dust and mothballs. How long have you been in the closet until junior decided to bring you down eh? I could give a flying frick about how impressed you are or what you believe! Because I know today you die!

Silus Xilarian
Nov 2nd, 2002, 02:17:03 AM
Silus hit a knehe felt the choke tighten around his neck. It was strong, but due to Fiend trying to choke two people at once, it wasnt enough to take Silus down, not all at once anyways.

Silus dropped to one knee as he pulled his blaster from under his coat. Fiend's force wall was gone, and he wasnt holding a saber.

Silus took careful aim and fired off a wave of blaster bolts. It was close range, and Silus was a good aim, there was no way the shots could miss...

Fiend
Nov 2nd, 2002, 07:02:46 AM
:: I saw him fire and my face split open into surprise as the red lances seared towards me. I looked up and drew one of the flying rocks towards me. Most of the lasers harmlessly hit the rock but then a few got through and seared straight through my leg. My hand flew to my leg and my eyes flared red. Pain was a feeling I wasn't used to, sure it happened when I massed energy but that was self inflicted, that felt good, not like this.
But since Silus hadn't seemed to move away from the volley of flying rocks falling towards him but actually fall to a knee and take the time to aim. The rocks that ranged from the length of my arm to almost half my height fell and I witnessed Silus bombarded. I turned to Wargrave and sneered.::

We all make choices and each one has a consequence. Woud you rather have dodged or sat there and aimed a gun and fired while rocks flew at your head?

:: I looked up to see the other rocks on their own path to Wargrave.::

Oh wait, you have almost the same choice!

:: I went to one knee and spit blood before watching the show. I prepared myself for this one, smarter than the other obviously. This one would dodge or reverse it or something. I didn't even need force precognition to see that. And I was ready for Silus to get up anytime. Maybe... Hopefully I had done enough damage to keep him down long enough so that I could at least fight one on one... And what the frick were Maia and Dios doing?::

Maester Wargrave
Nov 2nd, 2002, 08:57:08 AM
Wargrave waited until the rock were right upon him, then they veered away from his body...crashing lifelessly on the ground.

"No...I see no more point to this senseless conflict."

He shucked the cloak around his body, and looked at Fiend.

"Tell me...oh god of the dark side...why can you not just take Maia for yourself?

"If you are as powerful as you say you are, why not just use the Force and break her of her will. Make her...your puppet. I am quite certain a god of your power would have the ability to destroy her mind."

Wargrave began walking towards Fiend, "Perhaps even make her your own slave. One who bends to your will. You could use her for various favors and treats."

The Dark Jedi kept walking, stopping only when he was inches apart from the ragged fleshed man.

"Shouldn't someone of your power be able to do that? Or is it that you cannot? For some reason something prevents you from breaking her. Hmm?

"Tell me now...oh dark one."

Silus Xilarian
Nov 2nd, 2002, 03:14:08 PM
It wasnt til he had fired at Fiend that he saw the rocks coming at him. He tried to force push them away, but only managed to save himself from a direct hit. He jerked to the side right before a boulder hit him head on. though he still took a pretty hard shot from it. Silus hit the ground halfway unconscience. He moved his left arm for a moment, then winced in pain as he discovered he had dislocated his shoulder. He glanced down and saw his saber laying beside him out of his reach. Silus tried to sit up, but plopped back down due to the pain in his shoulder...

Maia Tharrinn
Nov 2nd, 2002, 03:30:02 PM
Maia turned toward Silus as he was struck by the rock. Her heart clenched with pain. She did not want anyone hurt. It as the last thing she wanted. She crawled away from Dios and toward the fallen man.

"Silus I am so sorry. I did not mean for this to happen." She ran her hands over his face and head. Calling on the light to aid her in healing him. She could feel his head wound closing, and his shoulder mending. She looked over at Fiend her eyes blazed with pain and the need to make right what was done. She motioned to a huge boulder near her, and sent it hurtling toward Fiend. It crashed into him.

"Are you ok Silus." She asked softly, her face etched with concern.

Silus Xilarian
Nov 2nd, 2002, 03:36:21 PM
Silus looked over at Maia. He still had a throbbing headache, and a discomfort in his shoulder, but other than that, he was good...

Never felt better.....

Silus was able to sit up now, and he grabbed his lightsaber as he. He put a hand down and brought himself to his feet, shaking his head a bit and rotating his shoulder, working some of the soreness out of it...

Do that again....

Silus motioned to a boulder on the ground as he spoke....

Dios Kane
Nov 2nd, 2002, 11:12:37 PM
:: I got up from where I had sat and watched in awe and surprise. Maia... Maia! No! I threw myself forward towards her and pulled her back. I tried to put calm thoughts in my mind, which would spread into her like spring water. She needed it. I was speechless at her actions. It was human to be afraid, but she was... I shook my head and whispered into her ear.::

Maia, we can't fight him like this, it doesn't work. Just run... go with Silus for now, I'll make sure Fiend doesn't follow... he doesn't even seem to be interested in us anymore. The destruction of the fight... that's all he cares about now... I can feel it. Maia, please... go with him. I'll meet you later.

:: I kissed her cheek and my gaze turned to Silus.::

I'm trusting you for now.

:: I stood up and picked up Maia's saber and was about to hand it back to her...::

Fiend
Nov 2nd, 2002, 11:42:00 PM
:: I shook my head as my hand went to my face and I tore off a piece of hanging skin.::

You are so stupid, I don't even care if you're not listening, other than to hear you're stupid.

:: I turned my head in time to see a large boulder fly at me, it was drenched in Maia's own anger... how delicatble. The force being used to throw the boulder at me was reversed to the point that it stopped a few feet from me. I wrinkled my nose and flicked my wrist. The saber in Dios' hand flew into the air and into my hand. The blue blade seared out and I smiled. So this was Maia's, fun fun. I turned back to Wargrave and licked my lips.::

What do I care about her? You're a frickin retard, to think I care about her at all. I'd rather see the universe burn, she's just a good way to get to Dios. You're pathetic and the only thing I can get from you is the lovely taste of ignorance. I do what I want and what I want now is to see you in pieces, decaying and rotting.

:: My hand revolved and the blue blade slinged forward in an arc.::

Silus Xilarian
Nov 2nd, 2002, 11:51:24 PM
Silus cocked his head to the side a bit, as the boulder Maia flung at him sat in the air. Silus pushed hard with the force, and the boulder finished its course, knocking Fiend to the ground and landing on top of him....

Fiend
Nov 3rd, 2002, 12:21:21 AM
:: The boulder flew off and landed on some car. I got up and my eyes flared. The force push from Silus had been nothing. He was a moron, without getting angry, a darksider couldn't tap into his true potential and if the stoic was just going to use his power at hand, I was going to sense it coming from far away. At least long enough to make a force wall strong enough to keep myself from being crushed. I ignored the man and turned back to Wargrave. The saber in my hand twisted between my fingers and I waited for it to begin, this was all I felt like doing at the moment. Screw Silus and them.::

Maester Wargrave
Nov 3rd, 2002, 08:18:33 AM
Wargrave smiled, "I do wish you would stop lying ot yourself when you say you do not care. You do...and deep down...you know it."

The Dark Jedi ignored the swinging lightsaber blade, instead turning away and walking down the street.

Suddenly, a few steps from Fiend, he stopped then concentrated briefly. From the end of his middle finger a small droplet of liquid appeared. It was brown and burned as it settled on Wargrave's finger. It was the poison Fiend had inserted in him earlier.

Wargrave flicked it towards Fiend, watching it smack on his hand.

"Good bye Fiend. I have better matters to attend to than you."

Then he turned and began to walk away.

Fiend
Nov 3rd, 2002, 04:01:50 PM
:: I laughed again. This pathetic excuse for a master of the darkside didn't understand anything. He could banter all night, but I wanted a fight now. He would not be leaving.
My hand shot forward and the nearest building to him suddenly trembled. The skin on my hand fell off like melted rubber as a large crack formed and the building was thrown in front of Wargrave. I cracked up into more hysterical laughter before speaking.::

Well I don't for the most part right now, draw your saber Master Wargrave and let's tear this town apart!

Maester Wargrave
Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:59:36 PM
"No," was all Wargrave said.

"No Fiend. I prefer it the way it is."

Then he leaped over the top of the fallen building, and stared at Fiend.

"Good-bye."

Fiend
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:45:25 PM
:: I shook my head as my shoulders were racked with laughter.::

Whatever Wargrave, quit wastin time and fight, I even stole a weapon to fight in your puny saber duels. Now come on!

:: I leapt and flew up to meet him. Landing next to him I stared as my eyes glowed like beacons.::

What's there to prefer but destruction?

Silus Xilarian
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:54:17 PM
As Fiend lept to the top of the building to chase Wargrave, he had chosen to forget about Silus, who was back on the ground and feeling much better after Maia had healed him. Now he looked up and saw Fiend, perched near the edge of the building, completely ignoring Silus...

This was just way to perfect to pass up...

Using the knowledge he had gained from intense training with Wargrave, Silus used the force to drag Fiend back off the edge. It was a pretty impressive fall. Even more impressive of a jump, if you didnt have the long hours of training and practicing that Wargrave, a Dark Jedi Master, had.

The fall, as mentioned before, was impressive itself, and coupled with the downward push that Silus threw in with the force, it would be enough to do some damage. It was also convienient that one of the boulders that Fiend was throwing around earlier was laying at the end of his fall.

A slight crack was heard as Fiend hit. A few broken ribs, maybe a cracked clavicle, nothing untreatable though, much to Silus' dismay.

Well, I said what I needed to say

Silus shrugged his shoulders a bit and motioned for Maia...

I'll take ya wherever you need, I think Dios can handle it from here....

Silus looked back over his shoulder to Dios....

Hes all yours Mister Kane, do with him as you will...

Fiend
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:12:48 PM
:: I hit the ground and felt my body tremble and then give into the impact. I hissed in a sharp breath of dissapointment. I had forgotten Silus... at least I hadn't expected the pansie to interfere with me and Wargrave... how annoying... I arched my back before slumping back down and closing my eyes. Silus would pay... Wargrave would pay... Dios and Maia would pay... I focused my enegy... I had no attack in mind but I was not going to get up with physcial means alone.::

Dios Kane
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:22:13 PM
:: Silus was slammed into the wall with a force push. This man had no reason to deal with Fiend, Fiend was far enough away all they had to do was leave, Wargrave seemed strong enough to easily dispatch Fiend. But that was merciless, not even honor... but then Silus wouldn't care...
I jumped forward and kicked him in the face and drew out my gun and shot him in the leg. I was not angry, but Silus would not be following Maia or talking to her for quite some time. I placed my kick well enough to break his jaw and the bullet had gone straight through the knee cap. He would live and continue living, that was what I wanted him to do, but to never try and taint Maia with his darkness, she was my light, I loved her and needed her. I would not let some honorless wetch try and turn her. I had heard him encourage her to throw the boulder at Fiend... And I had shivered when she had done it too. But now... Wargrave seemed to be leaving, Maia and I were definitely, and Silus would need to get up before Fiend did... I wanted to get out before Fiend did too, I hadn't used most of my power up but I wasn't looking for a fight, only protection and ending fighting. I put my arm around Maia and kissed her cheek.::

Home my love?

Maia Tharrinn
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:36:55 PM
Maia looked at everyone in shock. It seemed Fiend had a way of making everyone act out of the ordinary. She placed her hand in Dios's and he pulled her to her feet. She didnt know what to think of his attack on Silus. She did not even know what to think of her own attack on Fiend.
"Yes, home." She looked at Dios, and then to Silus. "I should heal him." Her voice was lost and far away. The anger she had displayed made her feel tainted.

Fiend
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:39:56 PM
:: I sat there and one deformed hand shot up and grabbed into the wall, pulling me up. I looked up, Wargrave was still there... and then Silus was against the wall, and there was Dios and Maia... My eyes burned but I sat back, not worth it now, not worth making another body just yet. Not yet.::

Maia Tharrinn
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:47:32 PM
"Maia moved to Silus and placed her small hands on him " Please do not be angry at us Silus. I am sorry for what has happened. I never meant for any of this..." She trailed off unsure of what to say to make it better. Things had spun out of control and she was at a loss.

She called on the force and once again healed Silus. Her tears fell softly on his face. "Forgive me Silus." She whispered softly as she stood up and turned back to Dios.

Maester Wargrave
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:00:12 PM
Fools, save for Silus. All of them are fool.

Wargrave turned and leaped from the side of the destroyed building, heading down towards the undamaged street below. Fiend, Silus, Maia, and Kane were all behind him, blocked by the building as it lay resting on its side.

But as the Dark Jedi had leaped he'd dislodged a girder and it currently fell down directly at Fiend's head.

Wargrave let his body revert to his normal state, and he disappeared into the crowd.

Fiend
Nov 10th, 2002, 01:07:56 PM
:: The girder fell as I looked up. Wargrave was leaving me a present, how nice. I drew the saber stolen from Maia and sliced as strong as I could to prevent any further damage at the moment. It was not exact timing of course, not in this condition, but it had been good enough to split the girder and knock one side away. the other side came down and broke my shoulder. With a curse, I disengaged the saber and leaned against the wall.::