PDA

View Full Version : Die Hard 4

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 11th, 2002, 11:27:09 PM
I guess Harrison Ford and Arnold aren't the only ones trying to reestablish classic Franchises

Bruce Willis is ready to die even harder. Willis and Arnold Rifkin's Cheyenne Enterprises are near a deal with 20th Century Fox to bring yet another installment of the "Die Hard" franchise to the big screen, studio sources confirmed. The deal for "Die Hard 4," details of which are being finalized, comes as the result of a title swap. Willis' latest project at Revolution Studios, directed by Antoine Fuqua, has gone through several monikers, including "Tears of the Sun," but the studio and the producers wanted to call it "Man of War." That title, however, happened to be a Fox property. Fox agreed to hand over the "War" title if Cheyenne would commit to a fourth installment of the popular and lucrative "Die Hard" franchise. There is no writer on board for the next actioner, which will be developed by Hutch Parker's TCF division. (Chris Gardner)

Taylor Millard
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:16:27 AM
w00t!

Yippey kay yay mother (you know the rest)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:24:47 AM
..futher mucker?

Da-ku Etanial
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:44:13 AM
Yippie kay yay Muddy Funster?

ReaperFett
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:10:45 AM
Stop it :)

(But yes, it IS Muddy Funster. I heard it:))

And Yippe-KI-Yay :)

This has been "Happening" for years now though. No doubt Bruce Willis will drop out again, as he's a "serious" actor now. Who sometimes struggles with one word :)

Taylor Millard
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:20:15 AM
Yet can play a mean harmonica. :p

ReaperFett
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:38:41 AM
You dont have to remember one word with a harmonica :)

Taylor Millard
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:46:29 AM
No but you have to remember the notes. :D

ReaperFett
Oct 12th, 2002, 08:32:31 AM
Can make it up! :)

Taylor Millard
Oct 12th, 2002, 09:12:26 AM
Same with lines :p

Jinn Fizz
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:26:58 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing another Die Hard movie at all. The first one is a true classic, the second one was good (although it was completely improbable), and the third one was very entertaining and suspenseful, even if Jeremy Irons's German accent kept slipping badly throughout the movie :D . Oh, and the third one also boasted yet another standout Sam Jackson performance. :D

ReaperFett
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:43:44 PM
And where else can you see an ENglishman playing a German doing an English accent? :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:06:24 PM
:lol:lol

JMK
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:17:10 PM
A couple years ago Ben Affleck was going to be his new sidekick in the 4th diehard. I wonder if there are still plans to give an aging John Maclane a younger sidekick?

Jinn Fizz
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:17:51 PM
ARGH, not Ben Affleck! :p :p :p

Admiral Lebron
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:45:33 PM
The second one sucked so bad! There are 4 airports capable of taking a 747 in the area all with their own towers and one with its own generator. There is Dulles, Reagan National, BWI, & Andrews Air Force Base. It sucked so much.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 12th, 2002, 06:37:22 PM
I think a couple of those airports were iced out or something. Also they weren't able to communicate with the planes until it was too late because the terrorists had taken over communications and were the only communicating with them. Sure they couldn't pull this off now but back then I am sure it was possible. Regardless of that I still liked it, I still think Die Hard 3 was better though.

JMK
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:42:44 PM
That's the general consensus. The first was the clearly the best, followed by the third, and the second is the least liked.

Jedieb
Oct 12th, 2002, 08:44:57 PM
I LOVE Die Hard. It was one of my favorite movies during college. We'd hang out in my dorm room and watch my copy whenever we were bored, which was pretty often. While I liked Die Hard 2, it was rather weak at times. What bothered me was the total LACK of originality. They basically copied the first film and gave us a rehash. Die Hard 3 was, for the series, a big departure and it paid off. Just having McClane out and mobile was fun and the interaction with Jackson was great.