PDA

View Full Version : A knight strolls in...(still need 1 more padawan)

Hunk
Oct 11th, 2002, 10:05:42 PM
He hadn't been here for a while.

The last time he remembered being in this visitor's lounge was many years ago, when he had first arrived at the jedis' doorstep, hoping to be trained by their order.

And trained he was. He was now schooled in many of the ways of the force; trained to such an extent that the council had deemed him worthy of knighthood. And it was now, as a knight that he wandered the halls.

Here, a young boy, hardly an adolecent sat on a couch, fidgeting slightly. There, a pair teen girls chattered quietly. Over there an insectoid creature paced back and forth, it's segmented legs clattering on the hard, polished stone floor.

Suddenly, his loud voice broke the relative silence of the lounge.

"Who wants to be a jedi?"

(bump edit: Am I to assume there are no people here that want to be trained?)

Sameer Aryan
Oct 17th, 2002, 06:27:10 PM
Sameer walked into the Center. He had been here not so long ago. Knight Xazor had accepted him, yet he was still masterless.

Sam had come to the center today because he didn't have anything else to do, nothing to attend and no knowledge of fighting skills to practice.

"Who wants to be a jedi?" came a voice. Sameer turned to face the place these words were coming from. He saw the tall man standing there and approached him.

"There must be tons of peopel here that want to be Jedis, such a wonderful thing you know."

Hunk
Oct 17th, 2002, 06:44:56 PM
It took a moment, but someone finally came forward. Hunk looked down at the young man.

"Wonderful, you say? I don't know about that. It's rewarding, that's for sure, but being a jedi is not an easy thing.

But tell me, what brings you here, Chief?"

Sameer Aryan
Oct 17th, 2002, 06:53:48 PM
"I meant wonderful as in something that makes you really happy and proud of yourself, and usually easy achievements don't make you much proud, right?"

Sameer was taken by anxiety and it showed. His hands were shaking and his voice was trembling. He didn't want to make a bad impression the first time he met someone.

"I...I came in hoping to find a master. I don't exactly know HOW I'll do that, but I'm trying my luck. Oh! Sorry, I didn't introduce myself. My name is Sameer, Sameer Aryan." Sam said, offering his hand to the stranger.

Hunk
Oct 21st, 2002, 10:36:11 PM
Hunk laughed loudly and patted the young man hard on the back with one hand while shaking with the other.

"Nice ta meat you, Sameer, the name's Harrison, but you can call me Hunk. And you're right about easy things. My mom always told me nothing worth doing was ever easy. I've found the words ring pretty true, usually. So tell me," he continued, taking a seat on one of the couches, "what brings you to the Academy?"

Sameer Aryan
Oct 22nd, 2002, 05:22:13 PM
Hunk patted a bit too hard for Sam, or maybe it was Sam who was slightly too weak for Hunk.

Harrison's question was unexpected, Sameer didn't know what to answer.

"Um......wel...for one...I ..um..." Sam was getting really frustrated, but was still calm on the outside. He took a deep breath, and felt really better. The 5 feet 8 boy looked up straight into Hunk's eyes:

"Well what do you mean, why am I here today, or why have I come here in the first place?"

Hunk
Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:34:24 PM
"Whoa, settle down, Skip, this isn't an interegation. I'm just curious, why do you want to be a jedi? What do you think a jedi is?"

Sameer Aryan
Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:46:03 PM
"A Jedi lives for others rather than for himself. Someone that's not selfish and that tries his best to make the world a better place to be for everyone."

Sameer had said it without thinking because it came from the heart. It was like if he wasn't there with Hunk anymore.

Hunk
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:54:26 PM
"That's true, but there are many that live there lives to serve others, you must think about what sets the jedi apart.

On another note, have you had a chance to look around the grounds, yet?We've just recently moved to Coruscant here, and the complex is still relitively unexplored. Have you met any other jedi hopefuls while you've been waiting?"

Sameer Aryan
Oct 24th, 2002, 07:36:14 AM
"The Force? Well I don't know for sure, but maybe the fact that Jedis are in a certain way united gives them more confidence about themselves...." Sam felt stupid but he really couldn't answer Hunk's question.

Sameer was more relaxed about Harrison's second question:

"Yes, I've been to the Bar and Grill and I passed by the academy twice. Meanwhile, I met Lance Stormrider, Wei Wu Wei, Rognan Dar and few others."

Hunk
Oct 29th, 2002, 05:41:29 PM
"Ah yes, all good people. Yo never know who you'll meet at the Bar.

You mentioned the force before. What do you know of the force?

Sameer Aryan
Oct 31st, 2002, 03:30:40 PM
Sameer was stunned, what did he know of the force?

"I....I don't know...Well, Wei told me that it's always there to help a Jedi if you ask It for help, It guides you...."

Sam was confused himself, the Force was defined yet undefined to him. "It guides me...but towards what?" he wondered.

"What is it exactly?"

Hunk
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:05:56 PM
That's an excellent question. I bet you could ask 3 jedi masters that question and you'd get 3 different answers. You see, nobody truly knows what the force is, we're always discovering something new.

The force is the thing that binds the universe together. It flows through you and me and everything around us. A jedi allows the force to work through him to defend and aid. But, really, one cannot be told what the force is, they must feel it, and know deep down inside what it is to them. That is the thing that sets force sensative people apart from everyone else.

Sameer Aryan
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:23:39 PM
"And how does one know if they're Force sensitive?"

Sameer's question was like a reflexe; all this was very interesting to him, very appealing but he didn't know much about Jedis and the Force. This was a great opportunity for him to learn more...

Hunk
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:49:51 PM
"That's what we're here to find out. Right now, I want you to clear your mind of all thoughts. Tell me what you feel."

Sameer Aryan
Nov 14th, 2002, 06:00:29 PM
Sameer followed Hunk's instructions. He closed his eyes and let his hands fell beside him, palms open. Sam tried getting all thoughts out of his mind, but something new kept popping up when he was done with other thoughts. Sam was also being distracted by the people around.

Finally, he succeded into accomplishing what Hunk had asked of him."I feel something cool, peaceful, like if there's nothing all around me. I feel as light as a feather." Sameer kept explaining everything that he felt as it happened.

Hunk
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:47:43 PM
"You said you felt as if there's nothing around you, which is good. But I want you to go deeper, I want you to concentrate on your surroundings. Don't worry about being right or wrong, just try and put into words what you feel."

Sameer Aryan
Nov 15th, 2002, 05:46:17 PM
"I'm not trying to be right or wrong, it's just that I don't feel anything. It's like a void."

Sameer concentration was broken as he got confused, although he'd try once more as he had the will to do so. But before, he made sure of something:

"Hey..when you said 'concentrate on my surroundings', what EXACTLY do you mean? Concentrate on the people around me? Or objects, or place, on what?!"

Hunk
Nov 21st, 2002, 03:58:01 PM
"You're thinking too hard, Sameer. Just sit back and let yourself be. The people, the place, the surroundings, even the floor you're standing on, they're all tied together with the force. It's not enough to just know this, to be able to use the force, you must experience it."

(ooc: sorry I took so long, school's been a real pain lately)

Sameer Aryan
Nov 30th, 2002, 08:06:58 PM
Sam tried once more. It was hard, especially since he didn't even know what the Force was, but he'd try, he was sure he could get it right.

Sadly he still didn't feel anything:

"I can't seem to be able to experience it! Do you think I am not destined to become a Jedi? I have the will to learn and to help, but I simply don't have a clue about the Force!"

Sameer's body language showed signs of frustration. He was biting his lower lip and he was rubbing his wet hands against each other.

OOC: Sorry too...it's hard for me to reply, I don't know what to say! I get stuck...

Hunk
Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:22:37 PM
He clapped the young man hard on the back, laughing loudly. The boys frustration was palatable.

"Take it easy there, Sam, no need to get worried. To tell you the truth, I've never tested someone like this before. I'll tell you what, why don't you take a break, head on over to Yogurt's Bar and Grill. I'll go and address the council,, let them decide where to go from here. There's people there far wiser than I."

Sameer Aryan
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:41:31 PM
Sameer smiled at Hamilton. The clap was slightly recomforting. Sam also nodded at Hunk's suggestion, as he thought that it would probably do him good.

"Yeah, you're probably right! So I guess I'll be going now..." he said with a wink. Sameer then turned around and walked out of the center taking a deep breath. Before leaving, he turned back once to have a glance at Hamilton.