PDA

View Full Version : Kinslayer [Complete]

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 11th, 2002, 03:07:03 PM
Coruscant’s skies were fading to darkness. Jeseth's tiny winged figure could be seen flying in the distance amongst the ships and transports that were moving back and forth. He was narrowly dodging most of the faster speeders, but that was because his attention was focused on other places. He had once been a Senator for The Galactic Empire... now, Coruscant no longer welcomed him. All of his access codes had been revoked and it was nearly impossible to gain entry to many of his old havens.

He looked down at the aliens below him. Most of them were human... Ungrateful and disloyal creatures. The Empire had provided them with safety for so long, and yet they cast it away when the Jedi arrived. His hand drew close to his belt, pulling his saber free. It erupted with a crimson spark that could be seen in the night's sky. Soon the Jedi would hear a chorus played out by their pathetic pets. They might be able to protect a few of them, but they would never save them all.

A young man stood at the edge of a platform and gazed up Jeseth as he made is quick descent. The man tugged upon his father's robes and asked, "Father, who is that?"

The man's father turned his head up and squinted his eyes at the approaching figure. "I don't know, son. He must be a Jedi. He wields a lightsaber -" Those were the last words uttered from his lips. The beam of Jeseth's saber cleaved through his neck, the smell of vaporized flesh instantly filling the air. The man's son attempted to strike Jeseth down with his blaster, but the Dark Jedi ended his life in two swings of his saber: one to deflect the incoming blaster bolt into a nearby crowd, and another to cut open the hero's chest.

Eve Siren
Oct 11th, 2002, 03:59:25 PM
Eve slammed the glass on the counter. Everybody around her weas sleeping, drunk. Her genetically-engineered side unabled her to get drunk, just a bit pink-cheeked and dizzy. But tonight, she felt odd. Her empty brown eyes fixed the counter before the barman came, a towel in his hand, drying a large glass.

"It's getting late, Miss Siren. I think you should go check on Miss Lysandor."

Eve nodded, tried to find some credits but didn't have enough. The barman just smiled and shook his head. She nodded, not returning the smile and stepped outside. Syren was only sleeping in the motel above the tavern. The lights were still out, so it meant she was still in there - She had a bad habit of wandering around. Ever since she lost her soul, Syren's been craving for a feeling ... It was getting dangerous.

But tonight, Eve felt like being alone. She tilted her head to the side as the barman closed up and sighed. It has been a long time since she's been up in somewhere high ... Being trapped down in Hell made it seem like heaven, just to stand on top of a sky scraper. Then again, everyone has to go through Hell to find their Paradise.

She walked forward through the streets, feeling like thinking alone on a tall sky scraper.

Alpha
Oct 11th, 2002, 05:21:29 PM
Saitne feels pain in the Force, and he focuses on the source. It was close by. Grabbing his sabre, Satine gives a thought, and his cloak that was over his sleeveless trenchcoat turns to quicksilver, and then to solid again. This time in the form of armored bio-tech wings. He hadn't used them in a while, but this would be the fastest way to the source.

Making sure his weapons are secure, Satine akes flight, blowing dust everywhere. Going at max speed, Satine sees a red glow--it looked like a spark from the distance--and he immediately unsheathes the two swords corssed on his back, the weapons rasping on the leather.

And who are you, darksider? Satine sends, the Warrior Jedi Knight readying his weapons.

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 11th, 2002, 11:36:39 PM
The crowd around Jeseth had already worked into a frenzy. Most of the people around him were yelling and scampering for safety. He cleaved through another few aliens before turning his attention to this fly that had chosen to pester him. Jeseth flexed his wings, white feathers glistening in the moonlight, the crimson beam of his saber giving him a deathly glow.

"Come now Satine, you don't remember me? I certainly remember you." Jeseth's black orb-like eyes turned upon the Jedi with malicious intent. People were beginning to flee in all directions, leaving the two force users to their own devices. Jeseth sneered cruelly.

Eve Siren
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:23:00 AM
Eve tilted her head from side to side, singing a song discreetly under her breath. The streets were lonely and windy tonight, so she didn't mind having her voice echoing through the dark place.

I got this joints forming in my bones (from a man),
who indeed took over my soul, (understand),
I couldn't breathe if he ever said (he would leave),
get on my knees till they bloody red, (baby please),
see I don't know if you get it yet (just don't know),
He's like the lighter to my cigarette(watch me smoke),
I never knew another human life(didn't know),
could have the power to take over mine,
So baby baby ...

Suddendly, a wave of people and aliens was storming towards her, yelling, screaming, running for their lives. Mothers holding their babies, Fathers pulling their wives, Aliens trying to find others like themselves ... Eve was alone. She lifted her empty brown eyes, studying the panicked people, but continued walking forward. She finished the chorus before moving on to the second verse. After a few minutes, the streets were deserted once more.

See, I could never feel alone with you (in my life),
I gave up everything I own for you (won't think twice),
almost a shame how I'm mesmerized (such a shame),
I lose my thought looking in your eyes (I know why),
because your kisses make my lips quiver (and that's real),
and when you touch me my whole body shivers (I can feel),
now, I can see how another life(nother life),
could have the power to take over mine..cause you're my...

Up ahead, two men were standing there. One winged, the other ... familiar. With her feline abilities, Eve's pupils grew larger for a split second, trying to see a clearer image of the second man. It was Satine. But she continued walking forward - He'd be too busy to notice her, anyways. She finished the chorus once more before going onto the bridge of the song.

Baby, I can't see my worth (I can't see)
living here on God's green earth,
you don't know what you've done to me (done to me),
I never thought I'd need you desperately(desperately),
it's kind of sick how I'm stuck on you(stuck on you),
but I don't care cause I'm needing you (I'm needing you),
and how I feel will remain the same (remains the same),
cause you're my baby (cause your my baby),
listen and when the world starts to stress me out (where I run),
it's to you boy without a doubt (you're the one),
who keeps me sane and I can't complain (can't complain),
you're like a drug you relieve my pain (may seem strange),
you're like the blood flowing through my vain (oooo),
keeps me alive and feeding my brain (oooo),
now this is how another human life (nother life),
could have the power to take over mine..cause you're my.."

She continued singing, but at a lower tone, as she walked up to the men.

Alpha
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:54:07 PM
Saine lands in a crouch, his swords gleaming.

"ow I recognize you Jesseth...How's it been?" As he straightens, his attention is drawn to someone he thought was dead.

"Eve..?"

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 13th, 2002, 12:01:47 PM
"Things have never been better. Can't you tell?" Jeseth looked over at the woman who Satine had been distracted by. Eve... They're friends, are they? Perfect. Satine was still looking over at Eve when Jeseth blurred towards him with a burst of inhuman celerity, but just as Satine moved to defend himself, he realized Jeseth wasn't trying to attack him.

Instead, Jeseth grabbed Eve, grinning as he leapt backwards off the sky-scrapper. His white wings spread out and kept him and Eve afloat. She hadn't realized what was going on yet. "Come and get her, Satine... Those wings of yours aren't just for show, are they?" Jeseth quickly turned in a circular motion, then spiraled almost uncontrollably downwards, fading into the darkness of Coruscant's lowest levels. He wasn't almost invisible in the shadows as he raced downwards, his wings tightening more and more as he gained momentum.

Eve Siren
Oct 13th, 2002, 12:19:41 PM
One minute, she was walking. The second, the winged man grabbed her and her feet no longer touched the ground. Usually, she'd struggle and fight back, but for now, she was too tired. Her empty brown eyes gazed at Satine with an sad expression. She surprised herself, by turning around and holding onto the winged man's clothes. She closed her eyes, as if waiting for a bad nightmare to end.

Alpha
Oct 13th, 2002, 06:46:57 PM
"EVE!" Satine shouts, spreading his wings. With a thought, the Jedi's wings gained a razor edge, an dhe takes flight, sheathing one of his swords, and drawing one of his SOCOM slug throwers, taking it off safety, and aiming at Jesset's head.

"Hand her over Jesseth..."

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 14th, 2002, 11:16:04 AM
Alpha had gained speed quickly, but he wasn't fast enough on the draw. Jeseth spun in mid flight and kicked the slug thrower out of Alpha's hands. "Make me." The weapon instantly struck the side of a building and shattered before Alpha had the chance to pull it back into his hands.

They were approaching critical speed. Eventually it would become impossible for either of them to pull out of their dive in time to avoid smashing into the ground, and Jeseth already had the advantage: his bones were naturally lighter than Alpha's, and his body mass (even with Eve in his arms) was still considerably less.

Jeseth moved the very tips of his wings and fell back slightly, coming up right alongside Alpha so he could look into his eyes. Both of them were plummeting head first, wind pushing at their faces. "You wouldn't have pulled the trigger anyway... weak fool." The Dark Jedi grinned as he placed one of his arms around Eve's waist to keep her from being pulled away by the windsheer.

Alpha
Oct 14th, 2002, 04:47:43 PM
Satine forms a ball of Force energy, and sends it slamming into Jesseth's face, knocking him back. satine then begins to pull out of his dive.

"Weak? Give me a gun, a bullet, and I'll put it through your head..."

Eve Siren
Oct 16th, 2002, 10:14:56 AM
When it started to get more silent, Eve opened her eyes and looked up to the man that grabbed her with an emotionless expression. Her empty brown eyes filled with confusion slowly, she arched an eyebrow then turned her head towards Satine. She held out her hand towards him silently, unable to speak for now. It was strange how she could sing whole songs, but unable to express how she feels.

".. Sa..tine.."

Alpha
Oct 19th, 2002, 09:30:28 AM
Forming a huge Force push, Satine does two things. first, he begins to rip Jesseth's grip off of Eve, and second, he begins to try and push Eve towards him.

"Eve! Just hold on!"

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 20th, 2002, 03:22:17 PM
Jeseth felt Eve being pulled from him and glared at Satine. The Jedi was brave to confront him, and braver still to follow him down into the shadows. "Nice try." Jeseth grabbed onto Eve tighter, the Force aiding him as he quickly blurred through the air and towards Alpha, pulling up out of his dive. Once again he only moved out of Alpha's path, but the waves of ripped air that Jeseth left in his wake nearly threw the Jedi against a building.

The Dark Jedi sharply turned a corner and set down onto the ledge of a tower. He placed Eve down carefully, then turned his attention back to the sky as he waited for Alpha to appear.

Eve Siren
Oct 21st, 2002, 09:37:53 AM
Eve put her hand around her waist as she stood behind the man. He held on so tight, it hurted. She lifted her eyes to see more clearly the winged stranger, then locked her gaze on him. She had never seen a species like him before, it was interesting. Instead of playing the usual hostage role, Eve approached the man slowly, tilting her head to the side.

"I...." She tried to pronounce something, but couldn't. Even then, she didn't really know what to say.

Alpha
Oct 21st, 2002, 12:59:57 PM
Satine slams into a building, a Force shield protecting him from most of the impact. He was beginning to see a flaw in his plans. Jesseth was probably a lot more experienced in air to air fighting. Satine hasn't done this in a long time. Unsheathing a throwing dsagger, Satine ignites one of his sabres with his free hand, and then goes back into the fray, the dagger zipping out at Jesseth.

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:11:01 PM
Jeseth should have been waiting for Alpha's attack... He wondered why he hadn't been aware of the dagger, as it slid into his back and between his wings. He was facing the girl that he had taken hostage... she had drawn his attention away, and for a moment his dark black eyes had locked onto hers. He had made a foolish mistake and now, as blood dripped down his back, he was paying for it.

The pain was bearable... He had suffered worse... but the dagger had slipped into a spot on his back that had left him nearly paralyzed. He exhaled and then realized everything was fading away. He reached out to Eve, then slipped off his feet and over the ledge. His body plummeted, vanishing into the shadows as it spun around. Jeseth's wings lightened the impact as he fell onto a platform several hundred levels below.

There was a loud crunch as several of his bones shattered. Nothing but darkness filled this dark abyss he had fallen into. His life force was faded, and now he would be undetectable to the Jedi above. He was alive, but just barely. Alpha would likely think him dead. The girl... who knew. She had just been a hostage anyway...

She had just been a hostage, hadn't she?

Eve Siren
Oct 24th, 2002, 07:06:31 AM
Eve seemed speechless as he locked his dark eyes with hers. She opened her mouth to pronounce something, but before she could, he had been hit. He reached out to her, and she tried to grab his hand but he fell and she couldn't catch him. She looked down and heard a horrible noise. She winced at the noise, then took out a long black rope with a hanger at its end. She dug the hanger onto the ground she was on and attached the other hand to her belt. She hadn't used this rope ever since she died - It used to be useful when she stole from big mansions or castle. She didn't think she'd find a use for it again.

She stretched out her arms straight and jumped down, dashing down the building, head down. When she finally saw that she was going to hit the ground, she lifted a hand up and pulled on the rope and it stopped. She detached herself and stood up on the ground. Darkness everywhere. Where was he ?

Why am I so nice ?

Alpha
Oct 24th, 2002, 07:47:36 PM
Satine swoops around the skies, searching in the Force for Jesseth and Eve. Closing his wings, and spilling air, Satine quickly dives, going down three hundred feet before levelling off.

"Eve?" Satine calls, "Jesseth? Where are you guys?"

Eve Siren
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:48:00 AM
Eve looked up to the sky, watching Satine dive down. She hid herself in the shadows of a broken building, and sent a Force message to him.

Satine, go home ... Her voice trailed off. She didn't really know what to say.

She was dead to him, or so they say.

Alpha
Oct 26th, 2002, 05:16:34 PM
Satine smiles as he gets the Force message, and he uses it akin to a homing beacon. He banks, and speeds to the general area.

Why is that Eve?

Eve Siren
Oct 26th, 2002, 05:56:47 PM
Go home ... You shouldn't see me.

Eve put her hand on her chest and held onto her coat tightly, erasing her Force signature suddendly.

Go home ..!

Alpha
Oct 26th, 2002, 10:22:58 PM
Why can't I see you?! Satine yells out openly into the Force. Eve, I'm trying to HELP you!

Eve Siren
Oct 27th, 2002, 02:19:34 PM
Satine, I'm dead. She replied codly.

She bit on her lower lip as she held onto her coat tighter to avoid getting tears in her empty brown eyes. Would she lie ? Would she just not say anything at all ?

I'm dead. She repeated. Go back.

Alpha
Oct 27th, 2002, 10:09:14 PM
No...you're not. You can't be!

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 28th, 2002, 03:53:59 AM
Their conversation had given Jeseth some time to come around. He could look up now through the darkness, his large eyes scanning the air. Alpha was near... and visible even from the dark abyss in which Jeseth lay. Jeseth began to get to his feet, but realized that both his wings were broken. The dagger he had been injured with had somehow come loose, and in his back where the dagger had been lodged there was now a deep bloody gash.

Both his wings had broken as a result of the fall... Once he rose to his feet, he realized that he couldn't move either of them. They had at least managed to keep him from sustaining any other injuries... his vision was still slightly blurred, but for the most part, he was able to get by. The pain was nearly pushing him to the brink of madness. He was far beyond the threshold of pain... and now it was only his mastery of the Force that was keeping him from crying out his suffering.

He could hear, sense, and feel their words. He was so persistent... and where was the woman called Eve? Nearby... that much he knew. She was making an effort to hide her presence, but Jeseth could still sense her sadness and fear... it was too powerful to be ignored by those who fed off such emotions for power.

With one last upward-glance at the Jedi, Jeseth leapt. He emerged from the darkness and rose just above Alpha, grabbing onto him powerfully for support. "You should have listened to her..."

Alpha heard nothing more after that, except the sharp crack of lightening running over his body. From the ground Eve would be able to clearly see the two, illuminated by threads and waves of blue lightening as it pouring out of Jeseth's hand and wrapped around Alpha. They were plummeting towards the ground quickly. The armor that Alpha believed to so comfortably protect him was now causing the lightening to recirculate... burning, blinding, and deafening him in the process.

Alpha
Oct 28th, 2002, 06:45:17 AM
Pain. That was all Satine was beginning to know. Pain and a bright blue light. Crying out in pain, Satine looses control of his body, which jerks in random spasms, his wings no longer holding him aloft, but making both plunge towards the ground.

Eve, help me! was the last thing Satine manages to say before he blacks out.

Eve Siren
Oct 28th, 2002, 06:58:51 AM
OOC- Sorry for any mistakes or weird stuff, I'm pretty much out of it, right now ...

"Stop it !" Eve cried out.

Both of them were plunging them almost towards her. Eve turned around to a wall, marched a few steps back and ran towards it, jumping on the wall afterwards, using it as a higher support to jump upwards towards the stranger and the Jedi. When she finally reached them from behind, she dug her hand into the stranger's wound in his back, causing him to let go of Satine. Though he didn't completely let go of the Jedi, his grip was a lot lighter. Before falling back down, Eve took a hold of Satine before landing on the ground, Satine over her.

She groaned of pain, but sat up, looking down on Satine, forgetting about the stranger. She ran her hand down the Jedi's cheek.

"Satine ...? Wake up ..." She whispered.

Alpha
Oct 28th, 2002, 07:37:27 AM
Satine groans, thye blue-white pain receding from his mind. Faintly he heard a voice. Eve's voice.

His eyes slowly fluttering open, Satine looks up into Eve's face.

"Well, hi there..." he weakly croaks.

Eve Siren
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:35:27 AM
"You idiot." She sighed, smiling faintly.

She stood up slowly, looking up to the sky to try to locate the winged stranger. He was nowhere to be seen. She looked back down to Satine, her head canted to the side.

"Are you okay ...?"

Alpha
Oct 28th, 2002, 11:07:53 AM
Satine looks down at his still-smoking body.

"I think I'm a bit on the extra crispy side, but aside from that and some bruises, I think I'm good. What about you?"

Eve Siren
Oct 28th, 2002, 03:39:44 PM
"You should go back to your Order and check if it didn't affect anything inside of you ...." Eve bit on her lower lip.

She clenched a fist tightly then let it go, turning her head away from him. What to do now ? She couldn't let that stranger get away like that. Besides, he seemed more than just interesting. She sighed, hanging her head forward.

"Don't come back around here."

Alpha
Oct 28th, 2002, 04:50:15 PM
"and why is that eve?" Satine asks, his silver eyes piercing Eve's.

"I lost you before. I don't want that to happen again."

Eve Siren
Oct 28th, 2002, 06:49:07 PM
"You were there and it did happen." She sighed. "You lost me."

She turned around, arching her eyebrows sadly. "Satine ..."

Alpha
Oct 28th, 2002, 06:50:41 PM
"How bout you come with me Eve?" Satine says, his eyebrows perking up a bit.

Eve Siren
Oct 28th, 2002, 06:59:47 PM
"You know that's impossible. You are, after all, a Jedi and I am a former Sith."

She tilted her head to the side, gazing at him with her empty brown eyes.

"Why are you trying so hard, Satine ? Don't tell me it's because you care."

Alpha
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:09:25 PM
"Well, you just shot down my excuse. Why is it you find it so hard to grasp the concept of me caring about you?"

Eve Siren
Oct 29th, 2002, 10:40:20 AM
"It's impossible to care in this world. This damned universe .... Nobody cares for one another."

Eve frowned, but inside, she felt anger rising. Caring for her - That was something she stopped believing, a long time ago. She turned around once more, exhaled for a long silent moment and marched forward, leaving Satine as well as all of her 'happy' past behind.

Alpha
Oct 29th, 2002, 03:54:21 PM
"Running away are you?" Satine says, getting to his feet, his wings folding about him like a cloak. "Funy, I didn't think you were a coward..."

Satine knew perfectly well he might die with those words on his lips, but he was beginning not to care.

Eve Siren
Oct 29th, 2002, 08:21:51 PM
"Call me a coward, if you want ..." Eve murmured. She gave up that easily.

Alpha
Oct 29th, 2002, 08:23:25 PM
Wow...she changed...didn't even bring back a scathing remark... Satine thinks to himself, wryly.

"What happened to you eve?"

Eve Siren
Oct 30th, 2002, 10:46:45 AM
"I died." She replied coldly. "I ... I died."

She stopped in her tracks, her hands going up to her face. She covered her eyes, unable to hold her tears back. He didn't know what if felt like dying. What if felt like to be dead. How much it hurted. How much it was traumatizing. How lonely it was. Her body trembled, she wasn't able to express he feelings anymore. It became impossible to do so. It's still so painful ...

"I ... died ..."

Alpha
Oct 30th, 2002, 08:13:09 PM
Satine runs up to Eve, and takes her in his arms. Sensing something along the lines of her thoughts, Satine gives a sad smile.

"You're wrong Eve. I've been dead before. I know how it feels..."

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 30th, 2002, 09:59:15 PM
"Then perhaps you won't mind it as much a second time around." Jeseth had been waiting for just such an opportunity. The Jedi was holding Eve, foolishly distracted. The Dark Side had clouded everything... and now Alpha would pay the ultimate price for his carelessness.

Snap-hisssss...

Jeseth stabbed his saber through Alpha's shoulder, letting it shoot out the other side of his body, right alongside Eve's head. The crimson beam cleanly sliced a few strands of her hair off as Jeseth stood there, holding the blade inside of Alpha and allowing it to burn away at him. The wound had been dangerously close to his heart...

Eve Siren
Oct 31st, 2002, 06:58:40 AM
Her brown eyes widened as the reflection of saber showed inside her empty pupils. Blood spurted out behind her, but she seemed fine. She turned around slowly, her lower lip quivering.

Alpha
Oct 31st, 2002, 09:20:46 AM
Satine lets a strangled off gasp loose as the sabre pierces his shoulder. The pain was astounding. Vainly trying to block it, Satine falls to the ground, the sabre cutting its way up and out of the shoulder, leaving a huge gaping wound.

Jeseth Cloak
Nov 1st, 2002, 12:49:46 PM
Jeseth looked at the Jedi as he hit the ground. Maybe he had died... It didn't matter anymore either way. The saber deactivated, sucking the crimson beam back into its hilt. It would rest there until it could once again taste the blood of any who found their way in Jeseth's path.

"Send my regards to Fire Hazzard," said the Dark Jedi apathetically before placing the bottom of his boot firmly onto Alpah's wounded shoulder, and rolling him off the platform. The Jedi vanished into the darkness below. He looked up at Eve, who was seemed to be in shock.

"Did I hurt you?" Jeseth scanned her body with his eyes. He could see a lock of her hair on the platform's floor. "My apologies." He bent down, picked up the hair, and placed it in her hand gently. "He's gone now. You wanted that, didn't you?" He didn't know why he was being so particularly careful with her...

Eve Siren
Nov 1st, 2002, 02:31:15 PM
Eve looked down at the lock of hair in her hand, still trying to replay what just happened in her mind. She licked her lips and looked back at the stranger. He treated Satine so badly, yet so much attention for her. She looked at Satine vanish, but try to not lose her herself over it. He was going to be fine, he always ended up alive.

"Who ... are you ?" She didn't take off her eyes of him.

Alpha
Nov 2nd, 2002, 08:45:44 AM
Through a red haze of pain, Satine spreads his wings, the force of the stopping motion making him gasp in pain. He knew he should get back to the Order and heal, but something in him wanted to pay Jesseth back. Rising up in the air, Satine silently goes up behind Jesseth, and takes out his last dagger. Aiming, he chucks it at Jessth's back.

There's my going away present Dark One. Fraid I don't get to pass any messages from you to Fire just yet... Satine sends, his wings flashing, and speeding him away, blood leaking down his arm.

Jeseth Cloak
Nov 11th, 2002, 05:05:01 AM
Jeseth did his best to deflect the oncoming projectile, but it still struck his shoulder painfully. He pulled out the blade and tossed it to the ground, sneering. Next time you won't be so lucky, Satine... The Dark Jedi winced and collapsed to his knees. His wings were so sensitive... and now they were crushed. All because of a mistake... He had let himself become distracted.

"Don't worry... just go," Jeseth dismissed Eve silently. He didn't want to be seen in this state. Few people ever saw him when he was weak or injured... he kept to himself, paranoid that his enemies would choose such opportune moments to strike at him.

Eve Siren
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:15:05 AM
Something about broken wings and seeing him so weak broke Eve's heart. The man didn't seem like the kind of person that liked to be shown like this to the public. She bit her lower lip. She lifted a hand slowly and trailed it down his neck to his shoulder.

"Will you be alright ..?" She asked, softly.

Jeseth Cloak
Nov 13th, 2002, 02:06:33 PM
Jeseth nodded slowly, dark silky hair hanging down over his eyes so that she could not see any pain in them. He was silent. He wanted her to stay - to find out what strange spell she had managed to cast over him with her eyes - but this wasn't the time. "I will be fine..." His voice trailed off as he got to his feet slowly and began to walk away. Blood loss was causing him to become dizzy.

If Jeseth fell off one of the platforms it would be the end of him, but he was still composed enough to avoid slipping off the ledges. Before stepping into a nearby lift, he gave the woman one last gaze. In his hand rested a few strands of her hair that he had kept. They would serve as a reminder. Perhaps they would meet again someday... The doors to the lift closed as Jeseth stepped inside. All that he had left behind were a few pools of blood, and soft white feathers floating on top of them.