More than I could bare
More than I could offer
And love that isn't there

Because you wanted more
More than I could give
More than I could handle
And a life that I can't live

***</center>

If anywhere, Coruscant would be the place Dasquian would have been least likely to choose to live. It was urbanised, and rural areas were so infrequent that it seemed only the newly cultivated gardens of the Order catered for his love for the outdoors. No longer were there glades about to rest in or waterfalls to relax by – he was now confined to a room, albeit a large one which he shared with two very pleasant Jedi, and lacked any form of Haven to shelter in.

Of course, he had found one of the few trees about. He sat in it, as he had done many a time before on Yavin, with his back propped in against the trunk and legs outstretched across a branch. His eyes closed, the weak light from the sun above was dappled across his skin as it danced through the quivering leaves above. A small smile slipped over his lips as the breeze passed through the tree, cooling him – it reminded him of his old home, which he had yet to return to due to his unfortunate actions of late, and of the old Jedi base, which he realized he missed a great deal.

The Knight let out a sigh before attempting to raise his spirits by humming a tune quietly.

Salemn Lysce
Oct 11th, 2002, 12:42:28 PM
Salemn had to admit - she missed Yavin, with the fragrance of blooming flowers dripping with dew in the morning. As of late, she had begun to venture out of her quarters more often, although usually to dig up more herbs for her collection. Today, she had risen early and slipped into the normal brown robes she always wore, then went outside. Immediately the noise of traffic and people reached her ears, and she winced, going in the opposite direction.

After fifteen minutes or so, the Knight had found a couple of trees and looked around the roots. There would probably be some buttercups somewhere that could be gathered until there were enough to dress a salad with or even crush into juice. Salemn was about to bend down at one tree and scrape off some moss that could come in handy for dressing wounds when she heard a slight humming noise. Looking up, she saw Dasquian, and bit her lower lip.

< I'm sorry, I didn't see you there. >

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 11th, 2002, 12:46:11 PM
Belargic had opened his eyes a few moments ago, upon sensing someone was approached, and had watched as Salemn was about to gather something from the tree. He smiled and nodded in greeting as she looked up to him.

“Don’t apologize; I’m just relaxing up here. I didn’t realise this tree was being used,” Dasquian added with a quiet laugh.

The Jedi pushed both palms against the bough he sat upon and swung his legs around so that the dangled downwards.

“Do you need any help with what you were going to do…?”

Salemn Lysce
Oct 11th, 2002, 12:51:48 PM
< Well, if you really want to, you can look for violets. >

Crinkling her nose up slightly, she gave a lop-sided grin. There were no violets anywhere to be found on this polluted planet, although it would be nice if there were a couple, since violet chaplets cure headaches.

< I'm actually looking for some buttercups for my afternoon salad .. >

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 11th, 2002, 12:54:08 PM
Giving a light nod, he allowed himself to slip from the branch and land with a soft thud, well-balanced on two feet. Salemn was a fellow Knight, and one who had hadn’t seen in some time, so it was good to lay eyes upon her.

“Buttercups for salad? That’s an ingredient I haven’t heard used before,”

As instructed, he began to search about for buttercups and violets.

“Tell me, how have you faired as of late Salemn? I have not had words with you in some time, and I feel greatly out of touch..”

Salemn Lysce
Oct 11th, 2002, 12:58:05 PM
< Well, some also use dandelions, but I prefer buttercups. >

Finally bending down, she began to gently scrape off the moss the adorned the tree's thick roots.

< I've been doing fine, actually ... Although you're not the only one who hasn't spoken to me in some time. I usually tend to stay inside my quarters and tend to my herbs. >

Most probably didn't get why she shut herself out from the rest of the Order, but she didn't really mind. There were no threats as of late, and she saw no need to make herself be seen daily.

< And you ? >

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:03:04 PM
Something he had not been aware of, even though they had both been members of the same Order for so long, was Salemn’s interest in herbs and the like. It was a curious hobby and one that he had no ever learnt much of, even if he liked to think of himself as being in touch with nature. Dasquian found himself inclined not to ask why Salemn had secluded herself, as he did not wish to be rude.

“Oh… things haven’t been very good lately,” he said with a sad sigh, “Though hopefully that will be changing soon,”

He picked a few buttercups and held them beneath his thumb and forefinger as he searched for more.

“I’m hoping to visit my home planet soon, so that should be interesting, to catch up on my past.”

Salemn Lysce
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:10:18 PM
Frowning slightly as his comment about things not going so well, she picked up the clumps of moss and shook them gingerly, as to get the dirt out, before pocketing them.

< To catch up on your past ? Sounds interesting. I wish I could remember mine. >

She still suffered from amnesia, not remembering anything except the one year she had spent on living on 'the streets' before coming to the Order to escape the gang that had chased her. She was about to remark on something when she saw something out of the corner of her and looked towards it, her brown eyes widening a bit. It was a Pennyroyal - and she hadn't seen one since they left Yavin. Reaching out, she snapped the stem and brought it to her face, examining it.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:12:45 PM
“I have relatives there, great grandchildren and the like, or so I hear,”

Smiling, he looked over to Salemn though his expression faded a little as he thought about what she had said, even if she did look rather excited by one plant she’d picked.

“Why don’t you remember yours, if you don’t mind me asking?”

Salemn Lysce
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:16:07 PM
< Amnesia. All I remember is being carried out of a burning ship. >

She shrugged slightly and lowered the plant before looking back towards Dasquian.

< It's really nothing big .. >

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:17:43 PM
“Don’t you ever wonder what occurred before that day? As you know, I myself was in a situation where I knew nothing of my former life, and I am adamant that thanks to regaining my memories I feel much more complete…”

He paused and stood up, offering out the small hand full of flowers he had to the Knight.

“Perhaps Navaria could help you too?”

Salemn Lysce
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:22:03 PM
Reaching out, she gathered the buttercups he held out to her and pocketed them also.

< Well .. Sometimes I wonder, but then I get disturbing dreams and I'm not sure if I want to remember. ... >

She believed that nothing happened by accident, although sometimes Salemn didn't know if she was meant to dig up her past or never know what her childhood was like. Looking down at the ground momentarily, she sighed softly.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:28:41 PM
He nodded empathically and decided it would be best to leave the subject be. He recalled the pain he had felt when he remembered the mistakes that had been done by his hand in the past, and felt a pang of envy for the blissful ignorance that Salemn had.

“So if you don’t have a care for the past, then what about the future?”

Salemn Lysce
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:36:54 PM
< The future is what we make it. >

Twirling the plant's stem in her hands, she stood up and walked around to the tree's other side, inspecting the bark. Maybe there would be some spiderweb on the bark for her to press it against the jars in her room - to get rid of those pesky gnats.

< What do you believe the future holds in store for you ? >

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:42:18 PM
“I wish I could tell. I was sure I knew, but it seems like in these past months I have been proved wrong. Fate seems to have shifted my path… though I know no conception of the destination.”

Stepping away from the tree, to allow Salemn to get a better look at it – as he could see she had her eye upon it – he shrugged his shoulders lightly.

“I know that soon mine and Xazor’s daughter will be born, but I do not even know whether her future is guaranteed or not..”

Salemn Lysce
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:46:21 PM
< That's ... not good. >

Breaking her gaze from the tree to Dasquian, she realized just how tired he looked. It wasn't physical, of course, but it seemed as if he were stressed as of late.

Being that she hardly socialized with anyone, she had no idea of what had happened between him and Xazor, and still thought that they were together.

< How is Xazor in her pregnancy ? >

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:52:54 PM
“I confess I do not know, as I have not spoken to her in some time. She is avoiding me, and I admit I do not blame her for that.”

He stretched his arms above his head to release some of the tension and stiffness in his joints.

“Helenias has boding bad things for our daughters birth… I only hope that she has seen wrongly.”

Salemn Lysce
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:56:38 PM
Xazor was avoiding him ? This caused Salemn's brow to furrow slightly as she rested a hand on the tree. Running her fingers over the rough bark, her mind repeated his last sentence.

< .. Bad things ? >

She couldn't help it, and more often than usual curiousity got the best of her. She only hoped she wasn't being rude and prying into his business, and if he wished to discuss it no further, she understood.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:09:56 AM
“She says that the birth of the child will bring about a great darkness onto many members of the Order, and there is a chance many will die… even Marcus.”

As if their guilt hadn’t been enough when the two had realised the baby was not Shade’s, but Dasquians, the fact that somehow their daughter would be a dark omen was hardly comforting.

Salemn Lysce
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:21:34 AM
Both of Salemn's eyebrows rose a little before she looked away. How terrible, to be told this was to happen all because of your unborn child. She didn't know what to say after his solemn response, and so she just ran her fingers nervously through her hair.

< I regret to hear this, Dasquian. Although I know not what you're going through, I can only offer my support in any way it's needed. >

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:33:08 AM
“My thanks for your concern, Salemn,” Dasquian replied with a small smile.

“There is little I can do to alter or change what will come, though, so I must simply hope that whatever does transpire is for the best.”

Letting out a sigh, he turned and glanced about.

“Hm… well… do you need any help with mixing those herbs? I have no end of free time at the moment, and would be glad to be of service in any manner.”

Salemn Lysce
Oct 13th, 2002, 09:09:56 PM
< That's very kind of you to offer, Dasquian. It would be nice if you could help me prepare the herbs once we get back inside. >

Looking back at the tree, she quickly glanced over it and confirmed the suspicion that there was a web. Reaching out, she carefully placed her thumb underneath the left side and lifted it up, then, using her other hand palm-up, swept it up from underneath as to keep it in one piece.

< I'm ready whenever you are. >

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 14th, 2002, 12:40:19 PM
Folding his arms behind his back, he nodded and stepped up to Salemn.

“Lead the way, friend.”

Salemn Lysce
Oct 14th, 2002, 02:09:06 PM
Retracing her footsteps, they both came to a pair of double doors in the Order's walls, and pushing it open, she waited for Dasquian to step inside before continuing. They were in the Living Quarters right now, and a hallway stretched before them with doors flanking each side. At the end was a door which led to stairs up to the second level.

Quickening her step, Salemn walked down the hallway with Dasquian following until she reached the door, and opened it, climbing up the stairs. Upon reaching the second level, she held the door open for Dasquian and then led him to the third door on the right. It was the only one with a potted prayer lily next to it.

She hadn't bothered to lock the door, and it swung open easily. Stepping inside, she went over to the other side of the room and pulled open the curtains. Some light swept in, brightening up the place. A small table with some dried basil laying on top was against the left wall, and this was the kitchen. There, of course, where counters to near the window, with a bowl of cleaned lettuce. To their right was a hallway.

< This way. >

Going down this way, you could go into either two rooms - the "herbal" room on the left (which was filled with her herb collection), or the bedroom on the right. Obviously, she went into the left room. The whole left side was filled with shelves of pots and vases with an assortment of herbs. Some were alive, some were dried, and others were just seeds. On the right side was a huge window with had a shelf underneath it. There, she took out the moss and Pennyroyal, putting them there to dry out.

< It isn't much, I know, but it's enough for me to live with. I hope you don't mind. >

Going over to the shelves, she used the Force and lifted up a blue pot from the top and floated it down gently, where she put the spiderweb on it that was on her hand. The bugs all seemed to love nutmeg seeds, and finally it would be able to stop. Putting it back into its place, Salemn looked at Dasquian and smiled slightly, pulling out the buttercups and handing them to hi.

< In the kitchen, will you be able to pull the buttercup's petals off into the salad ? I'll go get the lemons and olive oil. >

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 15th, 2002, 10:43:05 AM
As he was lead into Salemn’s quarters, he looked around in awe at the collection she had amassed. Her interest was much greater than he had previously imagined it to be. Handed the buttercups, he smiled and gave a light nod as he ambled into the kitchen. A few glances about and he saw an empty bowl set on the counter before him. Laying down some of the flowers, he began slowly to pull a single petal at a time from the yellow flowers

“She loves me, she loves me not, she loves me, she loves me not,” he said to himself as he removed each of the tiny petals, chuckling to himself.

Pausing from his little rhyme, he canted his head back to look towards the door, calling out:

“So am I going to get to sample this salad?”

Salemn Lysce
Oct 15th, 2002, 01:01:06 PM
< Of course ! >

Salemn had already picked up a jar filled with olive oil and opened another, taking out a lemon. Walking into the kitchen she set them down on the counter next to Dasquian, and noted with satisfaction that he was putting the petals in the empty bowl next to the one with lettuce. Earlier she had prepared a pot of rosemary tea and it had been cooling off on the window sill.

< After you're done with that, we'll rinse them off in the sink and put it in the salad, then you can have your choice of dressing of either lemon juice or olive oil. >

She went over to a cupboard and opened it, pulling out two cups and set them on the table. Then, going over to the window sill and picking up the tea pot, she filled the glasses and then set it down.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 17th, 2002, 11:10:20 AM
Dasquian walked to the sink and turned on the tap, running the bowl beneath the water for a moment, sifting the petals and leaves about. Nudging the tap back off, he turned and looked across to Salemn as she poured out the tea. He added the buttercups into the rest of the salad, then ambled over to the table and lifted up his cup of rosemary tea, which was currently steaming nicely. Taking a sip, he smiled appreciatively.

“If this tea is anything to go by, the salad should be delicious.”

Salemn Lysce
Oct 19th, 2002, 01:53:06 PM
Grinning a bit at his compliment, Salemn went back over to the cupboards, taking out two bowls and walking over to the table, setting them down. The bowl of salad, along with the lemon and jar of olive oil, floated behind her and settled down on the table also.

She took a seat across from Dasquian and picked up her cup of tea, blowing on it gently before taking a sip.

< Well, as they said, "dig in". >

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 20th, 2002, 12:08:25 PM
Dasquian smiled and did just that. He was unsure at first as to how to approach eating the salad, though spotted a fork-like utensil on the tables’ center and assumed this was what he was to use. It picked it up, pinned down a bit of the salad then added a little lemon before swallowing a mouth full, washing it down with another sip of the tea.

“… This is very unusual, but good none the less. I don’t believe I’ve ever eaten a flower before – are all of your meals like this?”

Salemn Lysce
Oct 20th, 2002, 12:59:05 PM
Taking the other fork, Salemn added some salad into her bowl before replying.

< For salads, yes. I tend to eat a variety of things, although most of the recipes call for herbs or flowers. >

She had picked up the jar of olive oil and took the cork out, pouring very little on her salad before setting it back down. Then, stabbing a leaf or so of lettuce, she took a bite and chewed thoughtfully before swallowing.

< If you're curious as to what my other meals are like, you're always welcome to stop by. >

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 21st, 2002, 03:05:15 AM
The Knight watched Salemn to check that he was eating it correctly, and found that he was, thus smiled.

“If I am to stop by for more meals, then you must allow me to cook for you, Saelmn. I‘ve been known to be quite the chef.”

Swallowing another mouth full, he nodded.

“Perhaps you would like to join me for dinner tomorrow, that is if you’re not busy?”

Salemn Lysce
Oct 26th, 2002, 01:41:53 PM
< It would be my pleasure. >

It would probably be the first time she was invited to join another for dinner, and to tell the truth, she was slightly surprised. Most nights she spent alone and to tell the truth, it would be relieving to spend it in the presence of another for once. Smiling almost akwardly, she took another piece of lettuce and chewed on it, swallowing.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 26th, 2002, 01:43:43 PM
He watched her as he lifted another fork full, and smiled to himself.

“… Is something wrong?”

Salemn Lysce
Oct 26th, 2002, 02:12:33 PM
< Of course not. I'm actually quite flattered that you've invited me to dine with you tomorrow. >

She added a smile afterwards to show her sincerity.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 26th, 2002, 02:16:36 PM
“Ah, I see.”

With another nod, he continued to eat, with a small smile on his face. He continued to eat, until he finished off all of the salad left in his bowl, and washed down what remained of his tea, resulting in his hiccupping. He chuckled.

“Hmm.. well. I suppose I best be going now. I have to help Sejah with something, so I’ll have to love you and leave you,”

He bowed his head, “Thank you for your hospitality and for the lovely meal Salemn. I hope my own home and cooking live up to the high standards you have set.”

Salemn Lysce
Oct 26th, 2002, 09:48:58 PM
She finished her salad shortly after him and nodded after he spoke.

< I'm quite sure that your cooking is par excellence, Dasquian. I'm honored that you asked for me to dine with you. >

Rising from her seat, she watched as Dasquian did the same and went over to the door. After opening it, she turned her brown eyes onto him and smiled.

< Although I'm afraid you'll have to come and get me, since I don't know where your quarters are located. >

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2002, 04:22:42 AM
“Very well.”

With another nod and bow, he paced out through the door, and gave a little way of one hand.

“See you tomorrow.”