PDA

View Full Version : Return From the Flames (open)

Kat Kariena
Oct 10th, 2002, 10:59:27 PM
The young woman walked through the streets of lower Coruscant, cloaked in black she walked with all the posture of confidance, but feeling none inside. Hardly anyone knew her name anymore. It was a name that had passed into history, and hardly known anyway.

Though she was still young the look of her eyes looked that of an aged old woman who had seen many things. Her eyes, which had once been filled with spirit and life were now void of feeling. One look and it showed just a vast emptyness, one that could never be filled again. Her skin was pale in contrast to her dark brown eyes. It had been a long time since her face had seen the sun.

The lightsaber hidden at her side was the only thing that even hinted at her past. Once she had been a Jedi, at one time a council member even, but even those who seem so pure can fall. Now she was just a wanderer. Broken and shattered she didn't know where she belonged or what she was.

She couldn't go back to the Jedi, and was unsure about the Sith. Should she even come back at all? That question plagued her as she continued her walking. Her apartment wasn't far from here, though most would agree she could do better. It was several levels down from the riches of the upper levels of the giant city-planet. Almost down past the point of no return. Few had dared to bother her since she moved in. Most now kept their distance and left her alone.

In the past few years she had spent here she had hardly left this level of the planet. Now, today, she was leaving. She was returning to the surface. Where she would go she was unsure, but it was better than the life she lived now.

Stepping through the door she flicked on the light and glanced around. She went to what she had made as her room and packed the few precious things she would need. The rest would be left here. She didn't need it, she never had.

The last thing she grabbed was her black cloak. It's hood would hide her face when she returned. How many would still recconize her? It was a thought that she was afraid of. She tried not to dwell on what could happen, only the present. Her mixture of Jedi and Sith traning plagued her from time to time. She closed her eyes against the images of all she had been through. Memmories of past choices that she now regretted.

I must do what I can. I will find the right place, she thought weakly to herself. The only person she was lying to was herself. In her heart she would never be in one piece again. She would always have the sharp edges of her broken spirit there to haunt her.

Pulling the cloak around her shoulders and slinging her bag over her shoulder under the cloak she left the small enclosed space that had served as a place to live for so long. Once the local residence noticed she was no longer there it would most likely be raided, everything of any worth taken and sold for whatever they were worth.

The nearest lift was about a five minuit walk, not far as far as she was concerened. She was never coming back here, and if she could get away with it, never returning to Coruscant again. Stepping on the lift she pushed the button and returned once again to the world above. What the future had for here there she had yet to guess. Where she would go she hadn't figured out yet, but maybe some day she could find a way to be whole again. Maybe someday sanity would find it's way back into her mind.

Like a ghost from the past, Kat Kariena, was returning to the rest of the galaxy.

OOC: ummm yeah... I dunno where I wanna go with this so just jump in. :rollin Anything anyone can add to make this interesting will be much appriciated. :p

SashaKovalev
Oct 11th, 2002, 08:59:01 AM
(ooc: *grins* If it doesnt help we can get it deleted...)

IC:

“I told you, just put it in the apartment. I’ll look through it when I get back.” An angry voice ordered. The droid continued to follow despite the stern tone and nature of the words.

“But Sir, you really must look at it now. It says its urgent.” They both came into view now, passing the hooded figure in a rush to be somewhere. A protocol droid carrying a large stack of papers following as closely as he could on the heels of a young man. He appeared to be in his late teens, perhaps early twenties by the stern expression on his face, and was well dressed in a suit, tugging at his tie as he attempted to ignore the persistent urgings of the droid.

“Everything says urgent.” He retorted, rolling his eyes. He’d never given much thought to droids until he’d encountered this one. It was far too motivated for its own good. He knew the papers likely were of an urgent nature, and he would get to them in about an hour. But first he had something he had to take care of. Something personal that he didn’t want to put off.

“But Sir, I really do think…” The young Sith stopped short in his tracks and turned to face the droid. Unfortunately, with its gangly limbs, it was unable to be quite so athletic and barged into the rather rugged knight. Papers flew everywhere as the droid stumbled back, crashing into the hooded figure that they had just only moments ago passed on the busy street.

Kat Kariena
Oct 11th, 2002, 02:05:41 PM
OOC: It's great actualy. In the past people generaly ignored me!!! ^_^ :p

IC:

The droid crashed into Kat, causing her to stumble slightly and fall. Her hood falling back away from her face as she forced the fall into an expert tumble coming up, her hands defencively. Her bag wasn't more than a few feet away.

Standing, her cold, emotionless eyes narrowed dangerously as she looked at the droid to the young man. Sith, she thought after a brief scan with the Force. Great, just what I need. She thanked the Force that her lightsaber had remained hidden through it all as she picked up her bag.

"I would be carefull, young sith," she said cooly. "Not all who pass by are as harmless as the natives."

SashaKovalev
Oct 11th, 2002, 02:14:44 PM
"Perhaps you should take your own advice." He replied, violet eyes glaring at her with a cool gaze.

He would have offered to help her to her feet, had she not been quite capable of doing it herself, and not been so....rude.

He was, for the most part, a gentleman. Though a Sith, he managed most of the time to keep his anger in control - until provoked. And her retort certainly was categorized, in his mind, as provocation.

She was a force user. For her to have known he was a sith indicated this, for his lightsaber he carried well out of sight beneath the jacket of his suit. And outwardly, he would not have appeared to be anything but a young man on his way to a corporate job.

"And its hardly my fault that you couldnt avoid a stumbling pile of bolts." He added, his eyes flickering to the sprawled figure of the droid, who was, by now screaming for help. Papers began to flutter in the gentle breeze, and with some effort, Sasha concentrated on collecting a few of them.

He gripped them tightly in his hand, the only outward indication bedsides the tone of his voice that he was annoyed.

Kat Kariena
Oct 11th, 2002, 02:34:11 PM
Anger flashed in Kat's eyes, not a trait she usualy let show, but the fallen Jedi had little use for control at times.

"Perhaps I should," she replied coldly. "But I have little concern for the cares and feelings of others at this point."

A hint of annoyance and anger could be seen in her spiritless eyes. For all this Sith knew she was one of them, her attitude certinly wasn't that of a Jedi at this point. She looked at the droid in annoyance and sent it flying several meters away. "And I have little use for the annoyances of you."

"If that will be all, Sir," she turned on her heel, pulling her bag back over her shoulder and walked away. If her predicted right he would proably attack her after that.

SashaKovalev
Oct 11th, 2002, 02:51:25 PM
He smirked at the woman's foolish actions. Her tossing of the droid seemed a waste of energy and effort. And surely it showed a lack of control.

"I didnt suggest you have concern for the feelings of others. I suggested you follow your own advice." He retorted to her retreating back.

There was something in his voice to indicate that he found this....amusing. Perhaps he was enjoying toying with her.

Kat Kariena
Oct 11th, 2002, 02:58:21 PM
Kat stopped and looked back at him over her shoulder, "Perhaps I should, but I've gotten to the point where I just don't care anymore."

Had she had any feelings left she would of cried about now, but tears had long since faded as if they were only a distant memmory. She felt nothing, nothing at all. She didn't care if anyone died, she didn't care if anyone lived. She didn't care if she, herself died. There was just an empty void where her emotions used to be. The spark of life that she had once had, all of it gone.

Alpha
Oct 13th, 2002, 07:03:42 PM
Satine was walking on the walkway about ten feet above the two assembleds' heads, when he senses a familiar presence in the Force.

"Kat?" he whispers, and then, with a deep breth, his cloak turns quicksilver, an dthen solidifies into armored bio-tech wings, that glinted iwth a bladed edge. He jumps, the wings fanning out, and causing him to glide to the ground.

He lands in a crouch, and smiles winningly at Kat, his silver hair and eyes glinting.

"Somthing I can help you pleople with?"

Kat Kariena
Oct 13th, 2002, 08:51:37 PM
"No, Jedi," Kat replied cooly, looking at Alpha. "There is no helping anyone anymore."

She looked at the Jedi, she had known him once, she remembered. How long ago had that been? To long. Way to long. She had turned on her friends, those closest to her, all for a way of escape. Some escape that had been as she thought about it now. She had fallen far from the respectable young woman she had been, now she was little more than what she had been before the Jedi. Stay back, Satine, she thought to herself. I don't need anyone else getting hurt beacues of my choices.

Alpha
Oct 14th, 2002, 05:19:20 PM
"Maybe tere is no helping, but it's my job to try."

It used to be one of your jobs too Kat Karena. What happened? Satine asks, sending the quesiton through the Force.

Kat Kariena
Oct 14th, 2002, 05:52:38 PM
I made a mistake, Kat replied, projecting it through the Force back into Satine's mind. One that can not be gone back on so easily. Now I belong to no one.

Alpha
Oct 14th, 2002, 08:35:54 PM
The Jedi would be glad to help you out, or even have you back with us, you know. Satine replies, his wings folding around him like a cloak.

Kat Kariena
Oct 14th, 2002, 08:50:49 PM
Kat looked at her hands and clenched them into fists, then relaxed them again, closing her eyes against the images of killing she had done what seemed like ages ago... all for a chance at freedom. A chance at getting away from the walls she had forced on herself. It's the Jedi I betrayed. The wounds I caused myself and others aren't so easily healed, she replied to him.

Alpha
Oct 15th, 2002, 08:43:14 AM
Maybe not healed. but they can be forgiven...

Kat Kariena
Oct 15th, 2002, 05:19:04 PM
Nothing I've done can be forgiven, nor forgotten, came Kat's cold reply. To many people have been involved.

Alpha
Oct 19th, 2002, 09:31:12 AM
Why don't you try first? Or are you that much of a coward now? Satine asks, knowing, and feeling sorry that, those words might hurt Kat. but it needed to be done.