PDA

View Full Version : Restless (open, possibly a challenge)

Alera Starreyes
Oct 10th, 2002, 07:41:58 PM
Alera sat on the roof of the building, looking up at the stars. It was a fairly warm night tonight. She wore black pants and a midnight blue sleeveless shirt, and the young woman almost seemed to blend with the darkness. Though something about her eyes showed she was not a part of it.

Those ice blue eyes were, at the moment, unfocused, lost in thought and memory. Something was troubling her that she couldn't quite place. She sighed, adjusting herself so she sat in a more comfortable position.

The movement drew her attention to the lightsaber hooked at her side. Almost idly Alera took it in her hand, looked it over. So strange that such a deceptively simple thing was capable of causing so much pain... Not the weapon, but the one who wields it, she reminded herself, though the thought was a depressing one. Not the saber, but the woman behind it...

Shuddering she reattatched the unignited saber at her side, pushing the memories away. For now she just wanted to enjoy the night, forget her past for a few hours. With another sigh, she brushed aside a few strands of her dark brown hair and looked back up at the sky, finding some comfort in the stars' glow.

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 11th, 2002, 12:40:27 AM
"Is it your past?" He spoke softly. Almost as low as a whisper, but remaining full of tone. He had been crouched beside her--roughly two meters away--for about three minutes now. She hadn't noticed him. He understood why. Her head was lost in the stars. She was dreaming...maybe a troubling dream. It was something, though. Something was haunting her.

He had watched her from a distance for quite some time. He couldn't help it--he was drawn to those in need of comfort. His empathic ways were remarkable and dangerous at the same time. One never knew who he would encounter in such a galaxy. At times, simply caring about someone was offensive to a being. Hopeful, this was not the case.

He had felt her from afar. He was visiting...an old friend. Something had caught his attention, and upon following it, he found her here. You amaze me, he thought to the Force. Why me, I never know.

ooc: If you were looking for combat, I am sorry for butting in and I will delete. :)

Alera Starreyes
Oct 11th, 2002, 06:56:51 PM
OOC: No no, it's fine, thank you for being considerate and asking :)

Alera jumped. She hadn't even noticed the man until he spoke to her, and from the look of him he'd been there for some time.
Was I really that distracted? She wondered in amazement.

"You startled me," she said softly with a slight smile that faded quickly. She sighed, looking back up at the sky for awhile. After a time, she said in quiet response to his question, "Yes."

Her past. A wave of pain, fear, guilt, anger, shame... it hit her suddenly like a punch in the stomach. She closed her eyes and shook her head slightly. No matter how much she wished that she could change the past, or even to simply forget it, she knew it would never happen.

Alera laughed softly, sadly. "The past belongs in the past. But... somehow mine stays with me wherever I go."

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 11th, 2002, 07:59:46 PM
Terran understood more than she knew. Perhaps, she would know some day.

"It happens to the best of us. That, I can promise you." He smiled and came closer to her. He outstretched a hand, gently and inviting. "My name is Terran Starek. I am Jedi Padawan of Verse Dawnstrider, of the GJO." He hoped that she was Jedi friendly. He felt a definite aura from her--it was good. Somehow, he thought, it was tainted of confused. But good. A light spirit.

"What is your name?"

Alera Starreyes
Oct 12th, 2002, 08:39:47 AM
She took his hand, shook it gently but firmly.

"My name is Alera Elenedui. Most call me Alera Starreyes."

So he was a Jedi. She'd thought as much, from what she sensed from him now that she was no longer absorbed in thought.

"Why did you come here?" The words were not accusatory, merely curious.

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:34:10 PM
Alera Elendui...Alera Starreyes. A curious name, for sure. The wind had spoken something to him when he had seen her, but it sounded like "Elleri." A bit off. He needed to work on his listening skills.

"I am pleased to meet you, Alera," he stated, smiling pleasantly. She had asked him why he was here. He let the question slide through his thoughts. Why had he come?

"I cam because...because you asked me too." He smiled, cocking his head to look at her. "Maybe you didn't even know." His words must have come off very stranged. He needed to think of a better way to explain himself.

"I felt pain in the presence of the Force tonight. I followed it. It lead me to you." It was a rather short comment for him--he was usually fairly wordy. "Do you like animals?"

Alera Starreyes
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:39:28 PM
So he'd come because he'd sensed her pain... she sighed. Her pain was nothing compared to the pain she'd caused...

She realized she'd started drifting off and that he'd asked her a question. "Do I like animals?" Alera smiled. An unexpected question. She nodded. "Yes, I do." Her tone indicated her slight puzzlement at the question.

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 12th, 2002, 09:21:52 PM
Terran's compasion was his strength. He was a decent warrior. He was an average hunter/tracker. He could hold his own in philisophical discussion. When it came to empathy, understanding, and caring for others, he had a bigger heart than most he knew--Jedi or no.

In that moment, when her focus had been away, he could feel the feelings that brooded inside of her. His heart ached for her--she regretted so much. What did she regret?

"Good." He replied, and with little more than a thought, a small, furry animal creeped over the edge of the roof. It was a cute creature--taking the look of a racoon and a feret mixed. It's nose sniffed rapidly before it as it made it's way curiously towards Terran. He had noticed it's presence--it must have been snooping around for something to eat. It was a very curious fellow, and as it looked at Terran, he could hear its thoughts.

Oh no...oh no...they're big...they're gonna eat me...they don't look mean... His nose continued to examine the air as he stayed in place.

Do not fear, my friend. Come. I have something for you. Terran called him forth, an inviting tone to his 'speech.' He reached into his pack and drew forth a handful of berries--some he had collected from the market. They were going to be a bedtime snack, but this occasion called them into use.

"Open your hand," he requested politely of Alera. The little creature--Terran named him Pip, by the squeaking sound he made--came closer as the smell of the berries tickled his nose. He outstretched his own hand, dumping some of the berries into hers.

By the time he had situated, Pip had made his way to Terran's boot and was sniffing it vigorously. Terran shifted--Pip, strangely, didn't move. He reached down towards him, holding out his hand. Pip immediately approached--with no fear--and snatched a berry from his palm. Nawing on it with tiny teeth, Terran smiled as the little guy ate. He wondered if Alera would do the same.

Alera Starreyes
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:58:15 PM
Alera's face softened into a smile as she watched the curious little creature. Silly little thing, she thought affectionately. For a moment she wondered what it was, then decided it didn't matter. It was cute, whatever it was.

The animal finished with the berry in no time and was sniffing around eagerly for more. Alera giggled softly (how long had it been since she'd giggled?) and gently held out her handful of berries to the ferrit-like creature. It fairly pounced on one of them, to Alera's amusement.

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 14th, 2002, 02:48:35 PM
"Like this little guy, our souls are drawn to benevolent forces. It's the way things work--especially in my case. It seems as though we are always searching for something. It may be a simple need or a complex contemplation--but we are always looking." His eyes rested upon Alera's. He had come to soothe her--as he felt the pain in the air of the day. He could not allow her to continue in a state of unrest--it was not in his blood.

"What pains you, my friend? What are you searching for?" He spoke softly and earnestly, hoping that she could sense the genuine concern in her voice. He cared to see her happy and carefree and it was in his Jedi nature to bring some light to her currently cloudy state.

Alera Starreyes
Oct 14th, 2002, 03:14:38 PM
"I only want relief." Alera said quietly, sadness once again reflecting in her eyes. "I only seek to redeem myself for what I've done to others."

She looked for a moment like she might say more, but changed her mind and shook her head, turning away to look up at the stars. The little creature squeaked in protest at the withdrawel of his berries. With a ghost of a distracted smile she replaced her hand on the roof next to her so the animal could continue eating.

Alera sighed. "It seems no matter how hard I try to help, I only end up hurting people."

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 14th, 2002, 03:28:34 PM
"I understand. Believe me." He thought about when he was a Sith. How horrible he had been. How many problems he had caused for innocents--how many times had he hurt others? Too many to count. "But redemption comes not in physical manifestation. It comes from the soul--from a change in being. It comes from making a conscious change in oneself. Sometimes, it seems hard and we seek a way to show that we are changed. We look for ways to pay back those we wronged. Those ways will never come. We can only do it in a new state of being."

He wondered if anything he said made sense to the girl. He wondered if she would even hear it to begin with--he remembered himself in those times. He would have closed his tears to babble like this.

Alera Starreyes
Oct 14th, 2002, 06:15:50 PM
Alera listened to Terran speak. She thought she understood what he was saying... she just wasn't sure if it would work for her. "I think I understand."

She sighed, returning her gaze to Terran's. "The thing is... whenever I try..." she broke off, not sure how to explain. "I try to help people when they're in trouble. But sometimes, I... lose control. I get angry, at myself, at whoever's doing the hurting, even at the Universe for allowing people to be hurt. I lose control, and I lash out."

Alera looked away, memories once again overwhelming her. "Most of the time I end up hurting people instead of helping them." Her tone was an agony of bitter irony.

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 16th, 2002, 08:33:44 AM
"That problem can be fixed, my friend. It can." He smiled softly, hoping that she could sense the hope in his voice. He could feel her pain--he understood the innerworkings of anger. He had felt it--for too long. It was now his self-given task to try to convince her that hope was alive.

"Alera--what makes you angry. Besides the outside influence. Yes, someone killing someone innocent makes you angry. Someon torturing someone causes aggression. Rather, what changes inside you?" He spoke frankly and warmly, hoping that she would understand his question.

Alera Starreyes
Oct 16th, 2002, 03:52:44 PM
Alera thought about this, thought hard. She wasn't entirely sure she understood, but she thought she did...

"I guess... it's that... there's so much pain in the universe... and I can't help everyone. That makes me helpless... and... I suppose... that makes me angry." She looked at his eyes, hoping she'd understood what he'd meant.

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 17th, 2002, 01:16:21 PM
He did indeed understand.

"Alera, you can't change it. This pain, this suffering--it is, and will remain, so. We can never erradicate it from this galaxy. It is the will of the Force--the dark side, albeit, but the will of the Force nonetheless." He felt for the girl, because she reminded him much of himself. She was so compassionate and caring, as he had always been. Her thinking was as his was at one time.

"What you can do is to be a beacon of light to those who need it. You can't solve it all, my friend. You will never be able to save a thousand lives--but you can save one. Yours." He hoped she would not take his words for selfish, conceited ones. He tried to explain. "If you spend your entire life trying to right an incocievable ammount of wrongs, you will have only wronged yourself. You have to let your mind be free--you have to release yourself from this prison you have packaged your good, kind spirit into."

He leaned in, closer, so that she could hear the hope and the conviction in his voice. He meant what he said, and he wanted her to feel it too.

"Letting go of th guilt of this universe is releaving the anger that you hold inside. You cannot bear the burden of fate. It could not be asked of you, nor is it your place."

Alera Starreyes
Oct 17th, 2002, 04:39:15 PM
What he'd said made a whole lot of sense. And Alera knew he was right. She felt it. The girl sighed. When she breathed in, it felt... different.

"Thank you," she said quietly. "You've... given me a lot to think about."

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 17th, 2002, 06:46:42 PM
"I do not wish to offend you or put too much on your mind, Alera. But I hope you do think about it. I hope you do understand that this universe--all of this--is not your false. You don't have to correct it." His hand came to her shoulder and gave her a caring squeeze. He hoped that he had given her an outlet for part of her anger. Sure, he didn't expect to heal someone in one sitting--he knew it would take time and effort. He just cared. That was it.

"Come--we need to lighten the mood. Can I get you something to eat?" He thought she might be hungry--he was. Of course, he would respect her wishes either way. It had been an eventful few days in Coruscant.

Alera Starreyes
Oct 18th, 2002, 02:45:49 PM
"Sure." Alera agreed with a smile. "Where to?"

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 18th, 2002, 05:53:03 PM
"I know of a suitable place,"

A voice chipped into the conversation, soon followed by a figure to accompany it. Etched across the pale face of Drasen was a blank smile, a mere facade for the virulence he held within.

"Unless I'm being intrusive?"

Alera Starreyes
Oct 20th, 2002, 03:21:59 PM
Reserving comment on whether he was being intrusive or not, Alera asked, "Which place?" her ice blue eyes sharp.

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 26th, 2002, 07:02:31 PM
ooc: Sorry guys! Very, very busy week. My apologies for the late response.

The jedi almost scolded himself out loud for not noticing the other. He had been quite enthralled in his and Alera's discussion that he had let every defense around him go soft. He almost cursed himself under his breath.

He made eye contact with the other...interesting. Upon first glance, he could usually tell much about a single being. At this time, however, it seemed as though the man remained a mystery.

He would wait for the other's response.