PDA

View Full Version : AotC DVD review

JMK
Oct 10th, 2002, 08:54:51 AM
I'll keep it short and just provide the link, but here's the short version: According to the editor at the digital bits, this DVD is hands down THE best looking, and just about the best sounding DVD ever released. He said the extras aren't as good as TPM's, especially the hour long documentary, but they are still enjoyable. You can read the whole review here:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews2/starwarsepisode2.html

darth_mcbain
Oct 10th, 2002, 09:10:10 AM
I can't wait to pick mine up - the reviews I've been reading all say that it is a really sweet DVD, and while the extras may not include the ones I really wanted to see (Dooku with dual sabers and the Trade-Federation ship attack), they should still be pretty cool and I'm looking forward to them.

I just wish I had a better setup to enjoy this on (i.e. bigger TV and surround sound). At least I have my DVD player hooked up through my stereo, so I do get the sound on the better speakers, and I can use the virtual surround sound there, but my whole system could do with an upgrade...

JMK
Oct 10th, 2002, 09:58:56 AM
It's movies like TPM and AotC on DVD that make me happy that I went way overboard with spending on my setup in my bedroom. I don't have alot of room in there, so the sound doesn't have alot of room to "breathe" and create a real sonic field, but its still just as good as seeing it in the theater for me. I wish I had an HDTV, but sitting 6 feet away from a flat screen 27" TV doesn't hurt either. Mind you, I bought the TV a year ago and my bank account is still reeling from the effects of all these purchases ($4000 worth), but I see it as an investment. :)

ReaperFett
Oct 10th, 2002, 10:03:37 AM
And 1138 is an Easter Egg again

JMK
Oct 10th, 2002, 11:04:06 AM
Should be enough to make everyone buy a DVD player and no longer settle for VHS. :p

Nirvana
Oct 27th, 2002, 10:36:39 AM
Thankfully, I finally have a computer that plays them. :)

JMK
Oct 27th, 2002, 12:42:50 PM
Yeah but you need a bigger screen to watch it on! Computer monitors don't do Star Wars movies justice!