PDA

View Full Version : Question for Video editors

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 9th, 2002, 08:32:51 PM
How do I go about converting a .mov to something like DIVX.avi?

Gurney Devries
Oct 9th, 2002, 08:36:32 PM
Wish I knew. Quicktime is teh devil.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 9th, 2002, 08:39:00 PM
VIS!!!! TECHNO BABBLE NEEDED!!! WHAT DO I DO!!!

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 9th, 2002, 08:55:24 PM
I had the same problem awhile back... except I needed to convert .avi to .mov

Gurney Devries
Oct 9th, 2002, 09:05:34 PM
Any specific reason why you would want something in mov format?

It's a proprietary format, which means that you actually have to go out and download quicktime's player to watch a *.mov file, and nothing else. It doesn't have any true fullscreen mode, that I know of. It's a terrible resource hog: Even stretching a movie to double size usually results in choppy playback. The quality isn't anything out of this world, and the filesizes are usually quite large.

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 9th, 2002, 09:15:27 PM
Perhaps I'm thinking of .mpeg?

I downloaded an .avi movie from Kazaa but my media player couldn't play it, so I tried converting it to something else. In the end I just deleted it because I couldn't find a suitable program to convert with.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 9th, 2002, 10:33:07 PM
You probably don't have the right codecs installed. Google for DIVX and FFdshow

Zakatiel Rhinehart
Oct 9th, 2002, 10:41:37 PM
That wouldn't do it, he switching from a Mac player, to something Window's can play without any Mac Software. I had this problem in TV Broadcasting while making intro's for the High School show.
We talked long and hard and worked out many problems, we finally figured it out. Play the movie over the firewire to a digital camera, record on the digital camera, recapture it with Adobe. It was long, and boring, and I only talking about 8 minute shorts.

There is most likely a player which allows you to use all movie formats, I just have not found it yet. For Divix, I have the latest upgrades and still nothing which allows me to switch betweens Satan's Spawn (Mac Movie Files) to AVI. And I have tried, all the Grand Theft Auto Movies I wish to download are Quicktime, but I have sworn to myself, not to touch that -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR- again. Took me a long day to remove every trace element it had.

Gurney Devries
Oct 9th, 2002, 11:08:09 PM
That wouldn't do it, he switching from a Mac player, to something Window's can play without any Mac Software.Eh? Grev said that he had trouble playing an avi file. The most likely sympton of that is either A) he does not have DivX installed or B) it is an incomplete DivX file.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Oct 10th, 2002, 12:20:23 AM
To tired to think, let me sleep on it... then go to college and ask around. I'll get back to you on all of this.

Oriadin
Oct 10th, 2002, 02:56:01 AM
Not really sure, I'll check see if I can do it when I get home from work, unless someone tells you how before hand.