PDA

View Full Version : RP Mod vote

TheHolo.Net
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:19:44 PM
I know I have said nothing about it publicly, but I did see the two people in the nominee thread recommend more than one mod be added. So I think we should discuss and decide here.

I’m thinking I’ll probably close the polls for voting Friday morning and then get a couple regular posters to volunteer in helping tally the votes, but before that happens I should be decided in whether we should add one mod from the vote or two.

What do the rest of the RP staff think?

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:20:33 PM
is friday a week? Should give it a week for voting methinks just incase.

I think two mods are a good idea. considering that the natives are restless recently :p

Nupraptor
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:29:09 PM
I don't think two are necessary, but it can't hurt. If we do add two, then that should hold us over for quite some time.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:37:01 PM
I like the idea of two more mods. It would make more chance for distributed workload and more fresh and varrying opinions in staff decisions/discussions. :)

ReaperFett
Oct 9th, 2002, 02:40:13 AM
two is good, IMO. Wish Firebird hadn't dropped out though, because you know SOMEONE will whine about Mods knowing each other.

And I would give it a week, but have the two in the lead told everything they need to know before.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 9th, 2002, 10:55:26 PM
Adding two mods would be good for distributing the workload better and efficiently being able to attend to problems in short amount of time.

JMK
Oct 10th, 2002, 11:19:29 AM
Pardon me for hijacking the thread, as I have no clue what RP is all about here, and have rarely, if ever visited those boards, but what types of problems arise there? Just (extremely) curious....

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 14th, 2002, 02:22:26 PM
Do you really want to know? :lol

Problems include, but are not restricted to:

Godmoding in posts (killing someone with one move, or otherwise writing your character as acting in a fashion that is beyond the realms of common sense)

Out Of Character Squabbles (usually arising because someone thinks someone else godmoded against their character. Can also include posters blaming others for creating spam, favoritism to the staff from the staff, and a variety of other ingenious ways. Never ceases to amaze me what people find time to dig up and complain about.)

Signature violations (too large in file size)

There are probably more, but OOC squabbles pretty much covers whats been bothering the general populace lately.