PDA

View Full Version : On the Arcan IV fight.

Evil Hobgoblin
Oct 8th, 2002, 08:10:15 PM
Great job by everyone on this, and I mean that. It feels like things are just starting to get really intense right now, and I gotta say, it's just delicious. :)

I thought, however, I might remind a certain apprentice of mine (coughJIBRIELLEcoughhackcough) that she does have a few Force powers at her disposal, namely limited Farseeing (which equates to Danger Sense in this case) and Force Speed. You could also, if you wanted, make use of the pyrotechnic skills you're currently learning in your solo training thread.

Oh, yeah... and post to your training threads, apprentices. :)

If anyone has any info they want to share, questions to ask, or general tactical suggestions, post them to this thread so that they're all in one place. :)

P.S. Love those hellish entrances you made, Nup and Vega. :)

Jehova Eaven
Oct 8th, 2002, 08:46:40 PM
I don't think I should be there.... too late to back out. Also SS is confusing me.....

Nupraptor
Oct 8th, 2002, 08:47:12 PM
I try :)

It looks to be going pretty good so far. I have a few qualms with the way some of the people are approaching it from the reverse, but it's nothing that can't be worked around.

Taylor Millard
Oct 9th, 2002, 12:05:31 AM
Originally posted by Jehova Eaven Also SS is confusing me.....

Shadow Squadron? What's the best way to interupt air speeder traffic and stuff like that.

A bombing from the air. :D

Plus it gets Wargrave behind the stick again.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 9th, 2002, 01:49:08 AM
I'm not going to make the obvious comment that follows what Taylor just said. :x

But, yeah, i'm loving this thread.

Waiting on Liam, so I can kick his booty. I think he's the highest ranked Jedi IN that thread. ^_^; <--not really :D

Taylor Millard
Oct 9th, 2002, 07:32:04 AM
I didn't mean it like that!! :p

Sorsha Kasajian
Oct 9th, 2002, 08:27:54 AM
Sorry that I've fallen behind, but RL has been a misery for me. I'll see what I can do to get back in again soon.

Evil Hobgoblin
Oct 9th, 2002, 09:14:49 AM
That's cool, Kitty. RL first, always!

I went ahead and fought Zeke, and if he agrees to my terms I'm gonna leave him alive without further injury... but I never said anything about what you were gonna do, so if you feel like some good old fashioned treachery, go for it. :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 9th, 2002, 09:34:56 AM
Thread is going really well, yup :D

imported_Taja Loraan
Oct 9th, 2002, 11:09:05 AM
Yus indeedy. ^_^

Only thing bothering me is that the Jedi are only concentrating on a few select targets to defend. I mean, there are 3 peeps opposing LD and 3 more at the hospital, and yet none at the bank. :\

Zasz Grimm
Oct 9th, 2002, 11:19:59 AM
Ack.

I fell behind. Had limited access this weekend. No fear! I shall make up for it...somehow.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 9th, 2002, 02:02:12 PM
Taja - if there's none at the bank, just carry out your mission objective. If the Jedi fail to defend it, then boohoo for them and YAY for you :D

Morgan Evanar
Oct 9th, 2002, 09:10:19 PM
The Jedi have failed on an awful lot of fronts.

Zasz Grimm
Oct 10th, 2002, 06:45:09 AM
This is true. I thought it was going to have alot of high ranked people. Not padawans, etc.

EDIT - Look (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23569) Here please.

Taylor Millard
Oct 10th, 2002, 07:14:52 AM
I got it taken care of Zasz :)

I'm gonna get Wargrave on the ground some how.

If that's okay with Hob and the resta ya.

Evil Hobgoblin
Oct 10th, 2002, 09:15:47 AM
You're welcome to it, mate. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 10th, 2002, 12:30:37 PM
I'll beat Liam, and I was hoping to get past them and go to another water plant, since Marcus is SURE there are more than one. Maybe Jibrelle can run out in the confusion and hightail it to another one and poison that one too.

Sound good, Jibrelle?

Still waiting on Liam....giving him another day and then I post without him.

Jibrielle Abunai
Oct 11th, 2002, 02:29:16 PM
Sorry, everyone ! I just came down with upper bronchitis and haven't been on for the past three days. >__< Nice to know that Jib's got some Force powers now, though. :)

Anyway, your idea sounds good LD.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 11th, 2002, 04:08:36 PM
Cool. :) Will wait for Lance and Wei to post ..and Liam as well. *le sigh*

Jehova Eaven
Oct 11th, 2002, 04:12:55 PM
should I continue my "fight" with this jedi or wait for everyone else?

Evil Hobgoblin
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:54:36 PM
If you're in a fight, continue it at your own pace and don't wait for everyone else. The faster you finish, the faster the objective can be completed, and the faster you can conceivably assist someone else for some added beatdown fun. :)

Ebon Dir
Oct 13th, 2002, 05:12:13 PM
I'm not sharing any of the money I'm stealing. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:17:41 AM
bah! I dunno what happened to Shaed. *le sigh* No Christmas presents for him this year. :mad

I'm waiting for Lance to post.

Sorsha Kasajian
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:54:51 AM
I'm so far behind now I want to cry. I just haven't had the time. Gonna try to make a comeback this week.

Taylor Millard
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:56:38 AM
Nah ya don't have to cry. you've been busy. no worries :)

Jehova Eaven
Oct 15th, 2002, 11:08:27 AM
Not much has gone on either... so no worries.

Jibrielle Abunai
Oct 15th, 2002, 12:24:35 PM
ARGH !! --Takes knife and stabs Wei repeatedly-- DIE !! :mad

... I feel better ^_^

But, honestly, poisoning the water won't make tons of smoke come up .. Btw, I've noticed a slowdown in this thread. Lilaena and I should just write that we move past Liam since it seems like he's lost interest.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 15th, 2002, 03:12:32 PM
i am waiting for zasz to post and kitty. relax girl :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 15th, 2002, 07:55:49 PM
Jibrelle, I PMed Wei about his post yesterday, and asked him to edit.

If he has not, I'll try to hunt him down on AIM (didn't see him yesterday) make a post in OOC asking him to edit, and/or post continuing on as if his post were not there later if he still does not edit.

Also, do you know if Lance was planning on jumping back in, because he seems to have forgotten about the thread. :(

[at work, be back later. :)]

Sorsha Kasajian
Oct 16th, 2002, 09:32:27 AM
Okay, I posted and gave Helenias a little suprise. I imagine she must be armored, but an area like the back of the calf would be unprotected against the attack I used. That should slow her down. I hope.

Nupraptor
Oct 16th, 2002, 10:13:15 AM
I didn't quite expect Kelt to go down quite so easily, but hey... more time to kill the innocents. ^_^

Taylor Millard
Oct 16th, 2002, 01:12:11 PM
Wei did edit his post so you guys are good there. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 16th, 2002, 05:17:54 PM
Yay...he told me in a PM that he was giving up...lemme check his latest PM (its to my Arya account)... I'm glad he edited, means he's staying in.

Milivikal k'Vik
Oct 20th, 2002, 03:21:13 PM
I can't believe how lame these newer Padawans/Knights are. HELLO READ COMPREHEND REPLY, THANKS. They're enthusastic but too stupid to accomplish anything useful.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 20th, 2002, 03:30:15 PM
the LD hug is going to make me leave the thread. At least these guys are posting..other people apparently don't care about it at all.

Jehova Eaven
Oct 20th, 2002, 03:33:41 PM
:: SHrug :: Kindo was following Slayn and myself to the power plant... not the water plant where LD and Jib are.

Sorsha Kasajian
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:14:57 AM
I don't know what the problem is with the Jedi peeps. My Jedi character has faded into oblivion because no one cares. I don't mean to get off track, but it looks like all the council is gone.

Then again, I haven't been around as much either, but still.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 22nd, 2002, 11:09:51 AM
Most of the council and higher profile Jedi are in TBH -_-

Sorsha Kasajian
Oct 22nd, 2002, 01:39:18 PM
grrrrr

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 22nd, 2002, 02:13:11 PM
Like I said in Avalon, I was waiting for someone else to post besides me and Charley... I know you wanted more then just us in your decision about soolin but I can take over if you want. I just don't like doing that since this was suppose to be a decision based on the council. Not Navaria

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 22nd, 2002, 02:59:24 PM
I will say it again: the Jedi who train padawans need to understand how to teach people how to properly RP. That goes for ANYONE who takes on a new poster. Apprentice them, teach them the ropes. Don't just abandon them to make mistakes, be there to help them through them.

grrr

Morgan Evanar
Oct 22nd, 2002, 03:09:06 PM
No. Why the hell should I take time out of my day to show some twit what I learned on my own? HOW HARD IS IT?

The fact of the matter is that they don't think, don't have any reading comprehension, nor grip on reality. They've been here 3 months. They aren't dogs. If they had bothered to look past their own goddamned noses AND LOOK AROUND they could RP. The vast majority of posters hasn't needed any hand holding, why should these dolts?

I'm not going to hold anyone's hand, not after 3 months.

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 22nd, 2002, 04:44:31 PM
This isn't even something that needs to be discussed here, is it? It might as well just be taken up with the GJO.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 22nd, 2002, 05:25:42 PM
We're aware of it and I don't know of any solutions.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 22nd, 2002, 06:33:33 PM
:(

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:16:53 PM
it is a valid point both LD and Morgan.... but this isn't the place for the discussion .... :\

le sigh :(

Just for the record, I think the problem is that people get way into their posts and take things too seriously. And, they don't like to loose.

Nupraptor
Oct 23rd, 2002, 12:35:00 AM
Yes. The main problem here is that people are completely wrapped up into thinking this is some sort of Win / Lose game. They're not here to Roleplay: To roleplay is to take on the role of another character, flesh out their personalities, do what they would do and yes, get into a fight every now and then. It's not about making the "uber-character".

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 23rd, 2002, 11:57:40 AM
I can't even remember the last time LD really won a fight...

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 23rd, 2002, 02:44:24 PM
well, that isn't a bad thing. Long as you have fun playing her :)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:52:23 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I can't even remember the last time LD really won a fight... Then what do you call what she did to DT recently? A loss? :p

Arya Ravenwing
Oct 24th, 2002, 12:10:52 AM
Ok but that was just NOW..ok? :mneh Shut up Swfans..you KNOW IT ALL!

:lol:lol:lol

Ok ok, so I can beat up apprentices..w00t.. :D

Sorsha Kasajian
Oct 24th, 2002, 09:16:24 AM
I knew Helenias would find a way to ignore me. :rolleyes :grumble

Nupraptor
Oct 24th, 2002, 09:17:54 AM
(bites Sorsha)

Sorsha Kasajian
Oct 24th, 2002, 09:21:17 AM
:: kicks teeth in :: :grumble

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 24th, 2002, 05:52:03 PM
Ouch... >_<

;; Picks up one of Nup's teeth and hands it to him slowly. ;;

You might want to hold on to this...

Ebon Dir
Oct 24th, 2002, 07:30:52 PM
*picks up another and sells it on ebay*

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 24th, 2002, 08:16:04 PM
*buys it off ebay and tries to sell it back to Nup* :D

imported_Taja Loraan
Oct 26th, 2002, 11:02:14 AM
Erk. I personally don't like the idea of wearing uber-powerful impenetrable mega god-like armor, at least not in threads like this. I mean, where's the fun in being oh-so invincible? I get the impression that Helenias is walking around covered from head-to-toe in 10-inch thick metal plates. The way she ignored Sorsha was just .. Grrrrrr :verymad

Jibrielle Abunai
Oct 26th, 2002, 01:14:40 PM
Agreed, Taja. Let's face it - the Jedi involved are probably going to keep coming up with excuses to make themselves seem invincible - especially the Padawans. When I saw Kindo post to Jib, I was surprised. Wasn't he faaaar away from the building her and LD entered ? It would take more time than that to reach them from his positition. :|

I don't know WHY Wei wrote he hugged LD - that was just pure stupidity - and all the Padawans are beginning to irk me. GJO is losing, why can't they accept that fact ? It seems like all of the RPers there are like, "Okay, we'll mod, edit, and write crap that doesn't make sense. And who cares ? I can say that not only did I participate in a major RP thread but that my three months are up so I can get promoted. w00t !" |I Forgive me, I'm usually bitter about things like this.

imported_Taja Loraan
Oct 28th, 2002, 02:22:17 AM
:\ :: patpat ::

Kindo's making himself out to be near-invincible. Gah. :grumble

Morgan Evanar
Oct 28th, 2002, 08:40:40 AM
Yeah, he's been here for three months. Pull him aside and explain that he's a new knight (which I would have voted against).

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:30:34 AM
Have you guys brought these things up with them over a PM with any of these people? I really think that with this new influx of RPers and new characters that people just want to mingle with the "big kids" and skip having to tread lightly and crawl, like many of us did.

That's why I never particularly like the idea of people making clones that come with ready-made training and ranks. It only promotes that kind of behavior that "traning isn't needed if I can explain away that I already know everything!"

Jehova Eaven
Oct 28th, 2002, 12:04:23 PM
Kindo's making himself out to be near-invincible.

Why do you think I left the thread?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 28th, 2002, 05:51:30 PM
I have PMed Wei many times, and we worked everything out. Ranting about it in here is non-productive.

Sorsha Kasajian
Oct 29th, 2002, 09:45:46 AM
Originally posted by Taja Loraan
Erk. I personally don't like the idea of wearing uber-powerful impenetrable mega god-like armor, at least not in threads like this. I mean, where's the fun in being oh-so invincible? I get the impression that Helenias is walking around covered from head-to-toe in 10-inch thick metal plates. The way she ignored Sorsha was just .. Grrrrrr :verymad

I'm sorry I bailed like I did, but at the time I just saw that and felt really stupid. So I left. I'm not too proud of the way I handled it, but I didn't feel like bitching over it either.

Jehova Eaven
Oct 29th, 2002, 01:01:49 PM
Ranting about it in here is non-productive.

But it makes us feel better. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 30th, 2002, 09:04:25 PM
*hug Sorsha* Its ok. BTW can we start the RP where I get Tondry's soul back soon? :D

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Oct 31st, 2002, 11:02:07 PM
CRAP CRAP CRAP.

I forgot all about this. I don't even remember what I was going to do in it. Time to read up!

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 1st, 2002, 01:13:51 PM
You were going to rob the ban with Ebon. Its been robbed. You didn't show. tsk tsk :)

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Nov 3rd, 2002, 02:05:17 PM
Aw. Well, better late than never! Anyway, it isn't like he even had any opposition to the bank-robbing until it was already over.

Ebon Dir
Nov 10th, 2002, 03:57:14 AM
The plan went off without a hitch

Plus now I have a grudge match. :D

Taylor Millard
Nov 10th, 2002, 04:06:22 AM
YOu know I think we all accomplished all of our tasks.

And I gotta grudge match too.

:lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 10th, 2002, 10:57:33 AM
So whats next? Operation abandon planet? Or are we still waiting on Hob to get wherever he's going?

Evil Hobgoblin
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:08:02 AM
You guys don't have to wait for me, although you could converge on my location to help me out if you want. Hob has "run out of vitality points" and needs a bit of rest.

I am delightfully clever, though. Everyone thinks I'm heading to the GJO HQ and I'm not... :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 11th, 2002, 05:52:13 PM
Well I can't meet you there if I don't know WHERE you're going. :D

Sorsha Kasajian
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:00:55 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
*hug Sorsha* Its ok. BTW can we start the RP where I get Tondry's soul back soon? :D

Yes, I also got your PM at Meras, and need to reply to it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:42:30 PM
Ooh I replied to it, but didn't start the thread. I have a huge <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>-off headache. >_<

I'll start it tomorrow afternoon.

Evil Hobgoblin
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:34:50 PM
You don't have to know where I'm going to know where I am. I'm in the middle of everything, on the city's Main Street. :)

Ebon Dir
Nov 14th, 2002, 05:14:58 PM
Is there a transport or anything waiting for us? I'd like to get my cute little dark jedi <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> off the planet