PDA

View Full Version : Patience (open)

Kurzen Fox
Oct 8th, 2002, 01:39:30 PM
Sitting, rather restlessly, I watched as the crowds of people passed by. Everyone was so intent and knew their purpose and destination so well, and I had no doubts that most of them frequented this place at least once every day. I couldn’t blame them really – it seemed to be a haven for the Jedi, a quiet Elysium where they could retreat to discuss debate and indulge themselves in good company.

I was alone for the time being, though it did not surprise me. I had only just arrived here, amongst the ranks of light bringers, and was new to the customs and indeed the faces. Hopefully soon, I thought, a member might approach me, seeing my rather lost expression.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 8th, 2002, 02:01:07 PM
Maia entered the bar and grill looking around for familiar faces. She had just finished training and wanted some company. Her eyes happened on a young man that she had not seen before. His forlorn appearance tugged at her heart. She remembered when she had first arrived the GJO how lost and alone she had felt.

Approaching the table she smiled gently. "Hello there my name is Maia. Are you new to the GJO?"

Kurzen Fox
Oct 8th, 2002, 02:06:08 PM
How fortunate that someone had noticed me so quickly! I looked up with a broad smile into the face of the one who had just introduced herself to me and felt my throat cave inwards. It was rare that I had come into the paths of such attractive women before, and as of yet I was not adept in dealing with them. For a moment I simply showed a silly grin, and then eventually managed a croaky:

“Hi.”

I held out one gloved hand up to her and motioned for her to sit if she wished, if not then a simple hand shake would do. I must have had that ‘new guy’ look about me.

“I’m Kurzen, and yup… I’m new here. Very nice to meet you Maia!”

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 8th, 2002, 02:26:41 PM
Maia sat in the offered chair a grateful smile on her face. "It's a pleasure to meet you Kruzen. I had thought to be dining alone when I didnt see any of my friends, so the offer is appreciated. I have been here for some time now and I'm sure you will find it very easy to meet friends. Everyone here is basically great."

Maia ordered her usual fruit juice from the passing droid. "I have some really great Padawans I can introduce you to, if you would like?" She said with a grin...

Kurzen Fox
Oct 8th, 2002, 02:29:16 PM
I nodded to show my interest in her words, and listened very carefully to what she said. The statement about ‘Padawan’s threw me off guard somewhat, however. I confessed mentally that I had no idea what they were, though the fact that Maia apparently owned some suggested they were a pet of some sort.

“Padawan’s? They don’t have much fur do they? I’m sort of allergic to animal fur,” I replied with a nervous laugh.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 8th, 2002, 02:36:50 PM
Maia raised both her eyebrows at his statement and then let out a laugh. "I do not mean to laugh but to think of my students as furry animals is funny. Well, no uh they are the young Jedi I train. When you first arrive here you are accepted into the order as a padawan and a knight like myself or a master is assigned or your pick." Maia leaned back slightly amazed that he did not know what a padawan was. "Where are you from Kruzen?" She had at first glance taken him to be a new member of the order....

Kurzen Fox
Oct 8th, 2002, 02:39:17 PM
“Oh…”

I felt the red come to my cheeks as it dawned on me that a Padawan was not a house trained animal, but infact the terminology used to describe students amongst the Jedi. A quick glance down to rid myself of some of the embarssment and I laughed, before turning back up to Maia once more.

“Where am I from? I was born on a planet named Lianna… it’s on the run to Coruscant, past Hapes and Taanab, small planet. Nice place though. Sort of. Where do you come from?”

I paused, and then added as an after thought, “You’re a Knight?”

How feudal.

Kyle Krogen
Oct 8th, 2002, 02:45:10 PM
I left my light saber with one of the guards started for the bar when I heared someone laugh, I spotted who had laughed she was talking to a young man I had never seen before, I had not met them before so I walked over to them to introduce my self "Hello my name is Kyle Krogen Im a jedi padawan of the GJO do you mind if I join you?" I said with a warm smile

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 8th, 2002, 11:27:24 PM
Maia patted Kruzen's hand and smiled. "I didnt mean to embarrasses you. My family always traveled a lot so I am truly from no where in particular. My life kind of started when I came here and found a family. This place has given a lot to me." She gave the bar a fond look.

"Yes, I am a Jedi Knight and it has been such a pleasure being one. I have been blessed with wonderful padawans." At that word Maia's eyes sparkled with mischief.

Maia turned to the young man who approached the table a ready smile on her face. "A pleasure to meet you Kyle. I do not mind if you join us but it is up to Kruzen here since I kind of forced my way into his company as it is."

Kurzen Fox
Oct 9th, 2002, 09:15:21 AM
“Hey there Kyle,” I replied to the new arrival with a broad grin, before looking back to Maia as she spoke.

I smiled to her and nodded, chuckling at our final words.

“Sure, join us. We were just discussing where we’re from – how bout you, Kyle? Where’re your roots?”

Kyle Krogen
Oct 9th, 2002, 02:58:12 PM
"I lived with my step parents on Coruscant, I left to come here to train in the ways of the jedi" I said looking at Kurzen then to Maia.

"Do you want something to eat? I said with a smile

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 11th, 2002, 09:38:53 AM
Maia grinned back. She had always loved meeting new people.

"Yes I think I will order something. Everything here is very good and they spoil us rotten." Maia motioned a droid over and ordered.

"Are you thinking of joining the GJO Kruzen?"

Kurzen Fox
Oct 12th, 2002, 04:49:49 AM
I grinned, and felt welcome – the hospitality of the two Jedi was better than any I’d ever experienced anywhere else, infact I was sure they were treating me better than even my own family ever had!

“Oh yes, I definitely am going to join! I can’t wait to start learning about the Jedi!” I squeaked excitedly.

“Order? Oh, oh! Can I have a cordial or something? And hmm, food, well… a nice big juicy steak wouldn’t go a miss!”

Kyle Krogen
Oct 12th, 2002, 01:41:52 PM
"Ok I'll pay for you two" I said to Kurzen and Maia then turning to the droid "I'll have a a steak as well and a glass of water"I put down some credits and the droid left to get our order "So your going to join the order thats great maybe we can train together sometime."

Kurzen Fox
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:34:17 AM
“That’d be cool,” I paused, pondering.

“So you guys all train together? What do you train? To use firearms and stuff like that?”

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 14th, 2002, 08:59:52 AM
Maia thanked Kyle for paying for her meal before answering Kruzen. "We do train together. Padawans sometimes have spars with each other. Either hand to hand or saber training. As a knight I have the privilege to train Padawans and teach them the ways of the Jedi. Each Padawans is assigned a master or they can request one. The most important thing is everyone helps each other." Maia smiled, she had come to love her family at the GJO and the peace she had found around them....

Kurzen Fox
Oct 14th, 2002, 10:31:21 AM
I nodded almost idiotically as I listened to the wise words of the Jedi Knight. As she mentioned a saber, I retrieved my own – a gift from Hakob – and waggled it about towards her, before quickly stuffing it away into my pocket as one of the guards on the door eyed me suspiciously.

“Wow.. I can’t wait to start training. I wonder who will be my Master,” I said wistfully, then adding in a rather eager tone,

“Do you think you will be?!”

Zeke
Oct 14th, 2002, 10:58:16 AM
"Yeah, for real. Gotta get someone to fill my spot on Maia's Padawan Dream Team!"

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 14th, 2002, 11:04:21 AM
Maia was about to answer Kruzen when Zeke appeared. Turning she grinned. "No one could ever fill your spot Zeke. Kruzen, Kyle this is Zeke. He was just knighted and he was my padawan." Maia scooted over so Zeke could sit down.

"There are many masters here that can train you Kruzen and It is up to you who you want. Every teacher offers there own insight into the force and would be proud to have you as a padawan."

Kurzen Fox
Oct 14th, 2002, 11:31:36 AM
I gave a friendly salute to the newly arrived man named Zeke, and looked up to him with a smile – so he was a Jedi Knight too?

“Lots of masters huh? I can’t wait to meet some of the others around here and get started.”

My mind wandered a moment as I looked back to Maia, though I caught myself before I looked too stupid.

“Hey, is there a place to stay around here? I mean, I don’t exactly have an apartment or anything here… so I’m not sure how I’ll be able to attend.”

Kyle Krogen
Oct 14th, 2002, 12:17:08 PM
"Hello Zeke" I said then turning to Kurzen "there's the Living Quarters you could get a room there" A service droid came and gave us our orders I took a bite of mine " I need a room mate maybe you could stay with me for a while" I said to Kurzen.

Kurzen Fox
Oct 15th, 2002, 10:38:27 AM
“Seriously?!”

Living with another Padawan would be a sure fire way to get into the system of things around the Order, and sounded to me like an excellent idea.

“That would be great!”

Kyle Krogen
Oct 15th, 2002, 07:20:22 PM
ooc: I have a thread in the living quarters that if you want to be my roomie you should join in it its called <I need a room mate>OK.

"Ok stop by my place at in the living quarters and we could talk more there"I siad taking another bite of my steak.

Zeke
Oct 15th, 2002, 08:35:41 PM
Zeke listened to the exchange before asking his next question.

"You been accepted to the Order yet, Kurzen?"

Kurzen Fox
Oct 16th, 2002, 12:06:11 PM
“Cool!” I grinned at Kyle and gave a salute, tapping two fingers to my temple.

Then looking to the Knight, a bit of a frown buried into my brow.

“Nah uh, not yet. Soon though, hopefully.”

Zeke
Oct 16th, 2002, 12:09:30 PM
"Not yet, huh? Got any idea of who you'd like to train you?"

Kurzen Fox
Oct 19th, 2002, 02:13:30 AM
“Well, uh, I don’t really know anyone here… so I don’t know,” I replied with a nervous smile.

Zeke
Oct 19th, 2002, 12:03:01 PM
"Heh, don't worry about it. You'll meet plenty of people as time goes on."

Kurzen Fox
Oct 20th, 2002, 01:05:09 PM
I gave a light shrug and nod. It seemed like people were everywhere here, so really it would be hard not to bump into them.

“I suppose I’ll just wait and see.”

Zeke
Oct 20th, 2002, 01:07:18 PM
"Yep..."

Zeke smiled to himself. Kurzen was a cool guy, laid back, telling things like he saw them. Or at least that's how it appeared to Zeke.

"What if...I took you as a Padawan?"

Kurzen Fox
Oct 20th, 2002, 01:09:43 PM
“True?”

I tried not to look enthusiastic, but probably failed, as a grin cracked onto my face again.

“That would be awesome!”

Zeke
Oct 20th, 2002, 01:16:42 PM
"Very well, Kurzen Fox. I will accept you as my Padawan Learner and teach you in the ways of the Jedi."

Kurzen Fox
Oct 20th, 2002, 01:21:40 PM
“HELL YEAH!”

I clenched a fist and rose it as a form of salute … then cringed.

“… I mean … uh, thank you Master?”

Zeke
Oct 20th, 2002, 01:40:10 PM
"YES!" Zeke's smile broadened so that his eyes squinted, and laughed. "That's exactly the right attitude! We need more Jedi around here that do that."

Kurzen Fox
Oct 20th, 2002, 01:42:28 PM
I gave another bright grin and shrugged, laughing.

“What? Shout hell yeah?”

Zeke
Oct 20th, 2002, 01:53:28 PM
"Hell yeah! Jedi aren't all business! We should be able to sit back, chill, have fun and shout hell yeah!" Zeke grinned and punched his fist in the air like Kurzen had done. "HELL YEAH!"

Kurzen Fox
Oct 21st, 2002, 02:37:15 AM
I beamed.

“No use in holding back, right? When you gotta shout, you just gotta shout!”

Zeke
Oct 21st, 2002, 08:26:25 AM
"That's right! The Force does nothing half-way! Give it your all, and the Force will aid you."

Kyle Krogen
Oct 21st, 2002, 10:51:39 AM
"Congrats Kurzen" I said pating him on the back "and good luck with your training."

Kurzen Fox
Oct 22nd, 2002, 03:07:29 AM
“Thanks man!”

I grinned at Kyle and returned the hard slap on the back.

“So how’s about a celebration drink?!”

Kyle Krogen
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:54:10 PM
ooc: just so you know Kyle comes from a welthy family so he has lots of money.

ic:

"OK" I said out loud "Do you mind if I buy?".

Kurzen Fox
Oct 23rd, 2002, 02:58:28 AM
“Can’t argue with that, Kyle!”

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 23rd, 2002, 11:32:03 AM
Maia grinned at each of the men. She loved how everyone seemed to come together. It was what had drawn her to the Jedi. "Congrats Kruzen. You could not have asked for a better master than Zeke." She said with a proud grin.

Maia settled back in her chair, a contented smile on her lips. "Your very kind to offer Kyle. I think I will finish this first one and be off. I need to find someone. Thank you for the drink." Maia's thoughts went to Dios, He was the only thing missing that would have made the night even better...

Kyle Krogen
Oct 23rd, 2002, 11:32:52 AM
"so what will you all have?" I said calling a sevice droid over to our table.

Zeke
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:03:51 PM
"Nothin, thanks."

Kyle Krogen
Oct 25th, 2002, 02:01:29 PM
"What do you want Kurzen?"