PDA

View Full Version : Quick show of hands...

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 7th, 2002, 09:37:37 PM
Who would be in favour of a GJO Admin account being created, that all nominated GJO Admins can use?

Figrin D'an
Oct 7th, 2002, 10:18:46 PM
Sure. I suppose. Might be useful.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 7th, 2002, 10:25:54 PM
Don’t let me be a stick in the spokes and I in no way have any say in this but I would like to point something out.

Why have a single Admin account at GJO, when each GJO “Admin” as Marcus calls GJO boardwide mods, has full abilities?

I foresee possible problems from it in that some posters may see it as a way of GJO admins having anonymity allowing them to act in ways they may not normally without individual specific repercussions. I’m kind of playing devil’s advocate here but with the attitudes of some lately I really think it could cause problems.

Now if each GJO admin was to chose a specific GJO admin type name they used for only Administration/Moderation purposes, and each of them were the only one to have access to the name such problems could be avoided. Meaning that GJO staff could have sort of a uniform for performing such duties, but a single name that all GJO admins share just smells like trouble to me.

You are free to completely ignore my statements or even delete my post if you so chose, I just wanted to bring up a thought on a possible scenario.

Sorry if I am intruding.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 7th, 2002, 11:37:54 PM
After a little further thought, I think a single shared account might be good, but then you have to consider the issues with changing and distributing the PW as staff changes are made.

I'm done now, ignore me. ^_^;

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:21:26 PM
:lol

After reading me have to think about it

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 8th, 2002, 06:00:34 PM
You are free to completely ignore my statements or even delete my post if you so chose, I just wanted to bring up a thought on a possible scenario

Yeah, we know, but since when have we ignored your opinions? You bought up some good points, somethign to think about.

Xazor Elessar
Oct 9th, 2002, 04:00:56 PM
I think it's a good idea... :) Though I do see Mr. Net's point of view as well.....hmmm.....

Morgan Evanar
Oct 10th, 2002, 12:15:23 PM
I have another idea, though it may not work.

Have me do the dirty work. I don't mind.