PDA

View Full Version : A little spirituality never hurt anyone (Open, no violence, please)

Abel Kannan
Oct 7th, 2002, 07:51:44 PM
Abel stretched and yawned and smiled. The sun was soft and warm on his face. He wore a blue headband, a set of yellow overalls, and some sandals.

"This is the day that the Lord has made! Check out the blue sky and the warm sun, and the fresh air!"

Abel's heart was full of joy.

"The joy of the Lord is my strength!"

Abel punched the air. He was a youth group leader at the local church. Reaching out to young people was what he did. He held a tennis ball in his hand, and stood by a large wall with no windows. Hopefully some young people would want to play a little wallball with him. It would be fun.

Makoto Neosis
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:09:05 PM
"You sure are chippy today, arn't ya?" Makoto spoke, chuckling lightly. He had just got out of attending services and saw a few of the young'sters run off somewhere.

Some would think that someone who murdered people daily for a living would not do such, but Mako was the different. He killed people, came to Church for forgiveness. "So, What'cha planing on doing with a wall and a ball?"

Abel Kannan
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:18:26 PM
Abel smiled and tossed the ball at the wall and caught it again.

"Some of the youngsters get restless sitting and listening to the sermon, so I usually have something to do to let out all that energy, and we talk about what they heard in the sermon."

Abel threw the ball , let it rebound, and caught it again.

"The name of the game is wall ball.
Throw the ball on the wall, someone tries to catch it.

If they fumble it, they gotta run and touch the wall.

Other kids throw the ball to try to hit the kid on his way to the wall.

If the ball hits the wall before the kid does, he assumes the position, and someone tries to hit him with the ball.

If the kid misses, he has to run up to touch the wall.

It get's pretty intense when there are 20 kids playing. Care to give it a try?"

Makoto Neosis
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:20:32 PM
"Sounds like a game I use to play," Mako replied, stepping up closer to the wall and Abel, "I'll give it a round or two, start?"

Abel Kannan
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:32:06 PM
Abel threw the ball at the upper part of the wall and watched it bounce back over his head.

"Oh, that's a good one. Somebody catch it!" Abel shouted at the kids behind him.

Geist Laich
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:33:57 PM
"You're gonna lose old dude."

he was only here because Pops was getting all spiritual after he had found out about Geist, uniquer abilities.

"Specially with me playing."

he grinned putting his three-fingered hands on his hips. The ball came whissing right at him, he twitsed, his tail catching it and flicking back to the wall.

Abel Kannan
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:37:00 PM
Abel smiled. "You callin me old dude? In that case, you can be whipper-snapper!"

Abel was having too much fun. "So, what is your name?" he asked Geist.

Geist Laich
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:39:36 PM
"Geist, Geist Laich.....It means "Ghost Spawn" or "Sprite Spawn"...."

He grinned again, as he hopped to one side and did a slight twirl to advoid one of the kids throw of the ball.

"I'm only here cos my Pops is getting all spiritual since he found out that I'm.....Differenter."

Abel Kannan
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:46:51 PM
Abel nodded in understanding. "I don;t see a problem with you being different. You were wonderfully and fearfully created. You have your own special purpose in life, bestowed upon you by the Almighty that only you can fulfill. And I like your name. That's pretty cool sounding."

Abel saw the ball rebound. He tried to catch it, but it slipped between his hands.

"Oh, no!" Able ran to the wall as fast as he could and slammed into it before the ball could get to the wall. Then he went back to where the other kids were waiting to catch the ball.

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 7th, 2002, 09:43:56 PM
Kwiet picked up the ball from where it had rolled to a stop at his feet. He was a small child, easily the littlest one there. He thew the ball and watched it rebound at another player.

Abel Kannan
Oct 8th, 2002, 12:42:28 PM
Abel caught the ball again and sent it flying back to the wall.

"Good toss. What's your name?" the youth leader asked the little boy.

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 8th, 2002, 12:47:44 PM
"Kwiet."

He said it quietly with a happy smile that only children could pull off.

Abel Kannan
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:50:25 PM
"Yeah, you are kinda quiet. That name suits you very well, Kwiet. So, how were the services today?"

Abel watched a kid try to catch the ball, juggle it between his hands, and then drop it.

"Somebody get the ball!" Abel laughed. "Hurry!"

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:57:42 PM
Kwiet picked it up and threw it without a word.

Makoto Neosis
Oct 8th, 2002, 07:26:14 PM
Mako, watching with a smile on the sidelines, jumped in as the ball bounced off the wall and back into the playing feild. Catching it in his left hand, he spun in air and let it fly back at the wall before hitting the ground. Chuckling, The Sniper rose to his feet and brushed off the excess dirt.

"They were quite nice today, actually.."

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 8th, 2002, 07:29:03 PM
Kwiet caught the ball and threw it back, not moving from where he stood.

Abel Kannan
Oct 8th, 2002, 07:37:54 PM
Abel smiled. "I liked it too. I sit toward the back so I can get out here and get a game set up for the youth."

The youth leader caught the ball, then for fun, threw it behind him and ran to touch the wall, trailed by excited shouts from the children.

Makoto Neosis
Oct 8th, 2002, 07:43:11 PM
Mako returned the smile as he caught the backhand toss and tried to strike the wall before Abel could, unfortunatly it didnt and rebounded back.

"Ah, I sit near the top so I can hear the Preacher clearly.. pretty lofty up there."

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 8th, 2002, 08:07:48 PM
Kwiet fumbled the ball, a worried look spreading across his face. He scrambled for the wall as fast as he could go.

Abel Kannan
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:09:27 PM
Abel watched Kwiet run toward the wall.

"Go! Run! RUN! you can make it!"

Abel jumped and shouted, and laughed until he almost fell over. Maybe after the game, they'd have a dogpile. The little ones loved dogpiles.

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 9th, 2002, 08:47:53 PM
"Aaah! Aaah!" The little boy tripped over his feet just short of the wall.

Abel Kannan
Oct 10th, 2002, 03:56:52 PM
Abel saw Kwiet fall in the dirt.

"Get up! Get up!" Abel called excitedly as a kid picked up the tennis ball and flung it at the wall.

"You can do it!"

Abel cheered the little boy on, encouraging him. "Lord, help Kwiet get up and touch the wall." he prayed quietly before cheering the boy on again.

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 10th, 2002, 04:11:59 PM
Kwiet stood to his feet and staggered forward on the wall. The ball thumped against it to his left, just a split second after. He was safe.