PDA

View Full Version : Devil's Dance FLoor: Evolution (Cherice an Open)

Jared Mriad
Oct 7th, 2002, 06:22:01 PM
Jared lay flat on a white medicial table with several tubes and wires attached to his pale corpselike body. Days ago, Cherice had wounded him in battle due to his own faults (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23169) with a dagger coated with some sort of poison.

Since then, the Sith Warrior and Cannibal lay in a state of between death and life. One day, his pulse would flat out and give him the appearance of death, but before they pulled the plug it would jump back into motion.

Within his body, the chemicals mingled with his blood and began a evolution which none could know about. Not even Jared himself could know.

Suddenly his pulse tripled as his body began another set of seizures which would end out in the flatline of the pulse. But not this time, this time Jared sat streight up and gasped if throwing into some hellish nightmare and coming out with seconds to spare before death.

Ripping out the wires, tubes, and other contraptions Jared swung his legs over the side of the table and sat there in clad in only black pants.

"What the hell happened?" He muttered, staring at the floor as the medical droids scampered about trying to get him back to rest...

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 7th, 2002, 07:44:40 PM
"I see you have outwitted Death's clutch, my Apprentice."

The voice sounded far away as it echoed in his mind, swirling in his thoughts of confusion; The voice of his Mentor.

This time, he heard it out loud:

"Welcome back to the land of the living."

Cherice stood up from the chair she was sitting in, which was located in the corner, and gave a lop-sided grin. Dressed only in a simple, silver gown, Cherice made her way through the bustling medical droids over to Jared. Immediately, they began to reside, knowing that their work here was done.

"I hope you have learned a lesson ..?"

Jared Mriad
Oct 7th, 2002, 07:49:58 PM
"Yes, rather of fact I have. To stay away from you when the little rabbitslayer of yours is drawn.." Jared replied, rubbing his temples to releive the sudden headache that had sparked up. "What is on that thing anyway, that is if you do not mind telling me?"

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 7th, 2002, 07:54:38 PM
"Old Tongue's blood," she replied quickly, smirking.

Reaching out, she let her fingers run over his dragon tattoo before withdrawing her hand.

"Nice to see you're fine, though. Wouldn't be too good if my first Apprentice died."

Jared Mriad
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:01:49 PM
"Never heard of the stuff.." Jared quirked as Cherice ran a finger down his emblem, "... and I presume that you expected for me to keel over eh?"

Jared shrugged, reaching over his shoulder and scraching at the wound which was covered in Gauss. It burned slightly and irritated the sith to no end. Mentally shrugging it off, Jared slid forward and let his bare feet touch the durasteel floor before trying to stand completely.

Which Failed.

He had to lean against the table to save himself from falling to the floor, Jared could not get his legs to move correctly but they did fuction. "Ah Spast! Old Tongue's blood eh? What's the side-effects if ya' live?"

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:25:06 AM
"Your body is still recovering, Jared. It'd be best if you'd keep still."

Sighing slightly, she looked out of the sole window in the room. The afternoon sunlight flittered in through the opened drapes, making the cold room somewhat warmer.

"There is something I have to tell you ... Yes, something very, very important," she said, looking back at him. There was something on her mind that she wasn't speaking of, and it was obvious she was trying to avoid it.

Reaching up with both hands, she massaged her temples before turning around, as if to leave the room.

"Maybe it'd be best if I told you later."

Jared Mriad
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:45:34 AM
"If it is important, tell me now, not later." Jared replied, hoisting himself back to his original position on the table.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:49:26 AM
Looking over her shoulder, she bit the inside of her cheek before speaking.

"While you were unconscious, your body went through several changes. Several times I thought I'd loose you, and was beginning to go through the funeral preparations in my mind until you did something that was very ... odd.

I believe it has something to do with the dragon on your face."

Now she walked over to the wall where the window was, looking outside the Palace. The gardens were just beneath, and the fragrance of blooming flowers lingered gently in the air.

"Only one other person has survived the Old Tongue's blood before - and the things they wrote in their journal .. I believe the same will happen to you."

Jared Mriad
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:54:54 AM
"Go on," Jared spoke, interested highly. What changes was she speaking of? and what did it have to do with his tattoo..

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 8th, 2002, 02:47:57 PM
"You're evolving, Jared."

Clasping her hands behind her back, she finally turned and faced him. His golden eyes stared back, filled with intrigue and a boldness that few could muster.

"And I believe it's only because of your tattoo did It become drawn to you .. The blood thinks for Itself, you know - it changes things at will, or destroys them."

Jared Mriad
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:00:49 PM
"Evolving eh?" He steepled his fingers in thought, "So...this blood you speak of has it's own intellegence? And it can either make me, or break me?"

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:08:14 PM
"Precisely my point."

It seemed like he didn't really care, and Cherice felt slightly irritated. Did he not realize the importance of this issue ?

"I hope you don't mind, but while you were unconscionce I took a blood sample to study later."

She would see how his blood cells reacted and figure out just what was going on.

Jared Mriad
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:12:48 PM
"You said there was only one other survivor and he kept a journal, do you have that handy at the moment in time?" Jared replied, resting his head in his left palm. God he had a pounding headache.

"I would love to see what the hell will probally happen to me."

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:20:25 PM
"I do, actually."

Suddenly, a book from the chair she was resting in floated up into the air, and went towards Jared. It was made of leather and reeked of decay and dried blood. Suffering was poured into the very pages itself, and the man's own insanity was what binded it together.

"I should warn you though .. It's not what you'd call 'pleasant' ".

Jared Mriad
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:31:58 PM
Jared snatched the book out of the air with a grimace. The books' worn cover felt dead and decaying on his fingers, hooking his thumb under the cover, Jared flipped it over and winced as the wound on his back jumped alive with a spike.

"My Inner Demon. How interesting for a title," He muttered, flipping the old vellium page which cracked slightly. Jared could tell that the pages afterward where all scripted in dried blood, it stank.

"I have been striken with the Old Tounge but lived.." He read the first line, then slammed the book closed. "I dont think this is going to be a happy trip.." Jared growled, putting his head in his palm again, ".. Got any painkillers? I have a splitting headache..."

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:44:22 PM
.. Got any painkillers? I have a splitting headache... These words suddenly brought up a passage she had read in the journal.

---

It is the fourth day of August, and already I can feel the poison running through my veins. It was only two days ago when I was first inflicted with this curse, but yet it seems like ages. They call me mad, they do, but they have no idea of the torture I suffer! It twists my stomach into knots and my muscles ache with a burning fire. My forehead is burning up and I feel as if I'm coming down with a fever, but yet, as if some sort of demented miracle, I have no temperature.

I now use my blood as ink on these old, worn pages with a sick hope that the poison will run out. I feel this constant headache that won't leave me alone, and it worsens every time I move. Already I made a discovery that made me realize I was marked as the Devil's. When the Sorceress stabbed me with that treacherous dagger, it left a scar -- which has turned to be the very image of a dragon ... Now I've been having strange nightmares from Hell itself about this unearthly pain as my bones shift and my muscles grind against each other. I'm shapeshifting into an Old Tongue, and I know it's little time until this happens outside of my dreams.

---

"How long have you had this headache ?"

Immediately she got closer, staring at him as if a hawk would to a mouse. She was beginning to notice every drop of sweat that marked his body, every breath he took, and every time he blinked.

Jared Mriad
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:51:02 PM
"Since I woke up, It's been kinda like a little thing until now.." Jared replied, slightly taken back by Cherice's sudden upsurge in attention. "What's up?"

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:56:49 PM
"Do you feel .. anything unusual, besides the headache?"

It was like she was oblivious to the question he just asked, and continued to watch him closely.

Jared Mriad
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:01:22 PM
"The place where you stabbed me is itching kinda," He replied again, sounding abit childish and unusual, pointing over his shoulder with a thumb. "And I feel feverish... probally side-effects of the meds."

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:09:22 PM
She frowned slightly.

"The best thing right now is for you to sleep. You'd best help keep that immune system up, or who knows what will happen .."

Jared Mriad
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:13:55 PM
"I ask again, what's up?" Jared spoke again, unmoving. He wanted to know what she knew and took so much interest into, what did that journal contain that she knew..

Taking the book up again in his left hand, Jared flipped a few pages until he came apon a drawing. The back of some man with a scar running up the spine and to the right shoulder, almost dragonic like.

"Is it this?" Jared questioned, poking the drawing with his finger and looking at Cherice with a questioning glance..

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:29:09 PM
"Somewhat," she replied, getting a glimpse of what he was looking at.

"It's really too complicated for me to explain. It's best if you read it yourself."

Jared Mriad
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:33:06 PM
Shutting the book again, Jared took his lay ontop of the medical table and sighed, "I'll begin reading after some sleep. Nighty Night." With this, Jared closed his eyes and dosed off to a dream filled sleep.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:44:08 PM
As soon as Jared closed his eyes, Cherice had already gone out of the door.

"Sweet dreams," she mumbled, closing the door behind her.

Jared Mriad
Oct 8th, 2002, 07:06:11 PM
That Night

Brother....

"Huh? Wha?"

We are one in the same... My blood is your blood.

"....."

You are confused... do not worry... you are unified under the Old.

"..?.."

You are now a Old Tounge... one of the last of our kind.. You will begin to.. Evolve beyond your normal state.. until then.. find us..

"Where do I look?"

Your... our.. master will know.. ask her.

"Cherice?"

Yes... Brother... Seek her out for the answers.

The Next Morning.

Beep beep wirr.... beep A medical droid chirped, examining the physchologial readouts from Jared's sleeping state. Sometime in the middle of the night, a strange upsurge happened and concerned the droid (if it could feel concern). Notifying Cherice of the strange phenominon, The droid sat calmly 'watching' Jareds calm readings.

"Mrrr.... Where..." The Sith rasped, stirring lighty. The Droid pirked into a nother round of toots and beeps until Jared fell silent once more. The readouts stayed the same though, which was good until his Master arrived with the blood sample...

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 8th, 2002, 07:27:56 PM
After she had departed, Cherice went to her quarters and retreated into the bathroom. After closing the door and locking it - so Aiden wouldn't accidentally wander in - she turned on the light and sighed. In her dress pocket was the blood sample, and she took it out. Going over to the shower, she pulled the curtains away and took the soap out of the box, then pressed two fingers on it.

Immediately, a door on the other side of the shower slid open. Stepping inside, it closed behind the Sith Knight and bright lights immediately flickered on. It was her own laboratory, which was nothing big, but it would suffice. After all, the other occupants of the Palace wouldn't like it if half of their rooms were crushed so she could add onto her little 'project'.

Making her way to one of the tables, she took the cover off of the microscope and slid the blood sample underneath. After a great deal of time fiddling around, she was finally able to get a close-up view of Jared's red blood cells along with the Old Tongue's blood. What she was very disturbing. The two blood cells were merging in with another, forming an irregular shape that was much bigger. Immediately, Cherice looked over at the wide screen on the other side of the wall.

"Frix, can you tell me what's going on?"

:// ANALYZING BLOOD SAMPLE
://
://
:// Mitochondria is mutating

"Can you record the data?"

://Processing data ...

And so, this was how her night was spent: Examining the blood cells, discussing the matters with the computer system, and catching an hour or two of sleep.

The Next Day

Somehow, she had managed to drag herself away from the laboratory and back into her quarters, collasping on the bed. She was rudely awakened by a loud series of beeping and rattling at her door. Groaning, she pushed a couple strands of silver hair away from her eyes while slipping off the bed and making her way towards the door. Opening it, she found one of the medical droids which immediately told her what had happened.

Instantly awake, she slammed the door shut and ran back to where Aiden was sleeping. He looked content and peaceful, so all she did was pull on a black cloak and exit her quarters. Heading towards where Jared was, she pushed the door open and stepped inside.

".. What happened?"

Jared Mriad
Oct 8th, 2002, 07:35:01 PM
Oh! Miss Cherice, How plesant to see you today. What happened? Oh my my, Mr. Jared here had a sudden upsurge in phsycological readings at approx. 3:43:21AM last night. From then his lifesigns have been strange.. to say the least. The droid, with a Universal Language Box, spoke up from the corner.

On the table, Jared's form lay unmoving save for the rise and fall of his chest and flutter of the eyelids. Although, As Cherice had seen in her lab, inside his form the cells where indeed changing.

No Visible signs could be seen from the simple recording devices which monitored his brainwave patters and pulse. But, on the Sith's neck, two new bumps which could've been mistaken for muscle strands emerged...

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 8th, 2002, 07:41:36 PM
After listening to the droid, she went over to Jared's still form. Her eyes glanced over his body and rested on the two 'bumps' on his neck. She froze.

Could it ..? Could it be the natural Napalm glands most dragons had?

Resisting the urge to run her fingers over them, she instead reached up and began to chew on her thumb nail - a habit she had long quit until now.

"Has he spoken outloud in his sleep? Has he even woken up?"

She directed the statements to the droid that informed of her of the recent happenings.

Jared Mriad
Oct 8th, 2002, 07:49:54 PM
Yes and no, Miss Cherice, Several times infact but never awoke. Shall I play a recording for you? The droid chipped, turning it's glowing eyes torward the Sith Knight whom gave a affirmative nod.

The droid opened it's holo-projector into the center of the bay and replayed a message where Jared lay still on the table but spoke clearly.

"Huh? Wha? ........?... Where do I look? Cherice? Vel'uss ph' dos? Vel'bol xun dos ssinssrin dal uns'aa?--" Here the trasmission ceased, and the droid reverted it's gaze back to Cherice.

The rest of the message is in the unidientified language that Mr. Jared spoke at the end. I have no knowledge of what he is speaking.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 8th, 2002, 08:02:28 PM
"Usstan quarth tu' vesdrac ulu sultha nindol phreng, lu' nindel l' flamgra'in ssinssriggen d'lil Zhuanth Ooble''s tlu sae'uth !"

Placing both hands on Jared's chest, she closed her eyes and began to concentrate.

"Nym'uer ussta ssivah .. Doer rath, ussta dalhar ... L' oloth il'tess..."

She could feel his fragile heart beating against his ribcage, and sensed his blood running freely throughout his veins.

"Whol vel'bol elamshinae uriu belbaunin uns'aa, ori'gato ol rei ulu dos ...."

Jared Mriad
Oct 8th, 2002, 08:11:22 PM
A mysterious voice floated into Cherice's mind as she finished speaking, Dosst laren inbal tlus nym'uerus, lu' Usstan sut usstan pholod dos. ak'uech ukt yorn... Usstan orn inbal ssrig'luin d' ukta gajak.

As the last word faded into her mind, Jared's weak heart came back to life with a jump. All his lifesignes tripled and returned to normal, his breath sucked in harshly and his eyes fluttered.

"Ussta Phraktos... vel'bol natha experience" Jared whispered calmly, Unknowing of the laguage he spoke and unawares of what happened...

Miss Cherice.. Mr Jared's life-signs are back to normal. May I ask what you and he just spoke? The droid chipped, curious.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 8th, 2002, 08:19:35 PM
The voice inside of her head caused extreme pain, and Cherice let go of Jared and stumbled back. Letting out an ear-piercing shriek, the Succubi covered her ears, trying to get it out. Old Tongue's mental speaking capacity never worked too well with her race.

"Falduna l' Phraktos .. Ussta laren inbal tlus nym'uerus," she gasped out, still not realizing she wasn't speaking Common. Rising to her feet, she groaned slightly at the slight new headache that had promptly arrived and looked at Jared.

"Ussta wanre .. Kept sreen'aur, dos z'klaen tlu, lu' sucuumb ulu l' orn d' dosst ril ssinssrin ... Ol zhah .. kleel."

She didn't give a second thought about if he could understand what she just said, and looked towards the droid. It was curious to know the dialect just spoken - natural for any Universal Language Box.

"It is .. very ancient, hardly known by any. Don't short-circuit yourself worrying about it."

Jared Mriad
Oct 9th, 2002, 09:03:36 AM
Of course, Miss Cherice, If you say so. The droid responded, turning back to the readouts. The sedatives he requested yesterday after you left should be wearing off soon, if you mind to wait?

Jared stirred slightly and grummbled something illiegible. He then turned over to his side and had his back facing both the droid and Cherice. Under the white guass wrappings, a trail of sorts could be seen clearly..

Oh my.. What is that?

Fallon
Oct 11th, 2002, 11:45:18 AM
Before anyone could say another word, the room seemed to fill with whispers as a sudden chill rippled through the air. A dark and foreboding presence had just entered, but from where? And what could it be?

A little hiss could be heard as a tiny dragon, about ten inches in length, wound itself around Cherice's ankles before heading towards the table Jared lied on. Spreading its wings, which were about fifteen inches in diameter, it rose into the air and landed on his chest, closing them on its back and settling down comfortably.

"Dos ph' usst ... Jal usst," it said softly as a slight puff of smoke escaped its jaws.

Jared Mriad
Oct 11th, 2002, 04:24:33 PM
As if awoken from a dreamy slumber, as the small dragon landed on his chest, Jared's eyes snapped awake. At first, he didn't move save for light breathing and glancing around with golden eyes which finally centered on the small creature after scanning the room.

"Err-" He started, locked in a small staring contest with the lizard, "--Master... exactly... why is this little critter staring at me?.."

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 11th, 2002, 06:11:27 PM
"I believe it ... likes you."

'Like' was hardly the word to be used in this case, however. Wrapping her arms around herself almost uncomfortably, she grinned slightly.

Jared Mriad
Oct 11th, 2002, 06:29:32 PM
"Har Har. What is this little creature? Friend of yours perhaps?" Jared chuckled, looking at Cherice in the perpetual vision he was allowed to. "Some reason, I feel... quite.. akin to it, how weird that it may sound.."

Fallon
Oct 11th, 2002, 06:53:59 PM
"Jal usst, jal usst ... Ussta farjali ... Dos doerrus ulu uns'aa, ulu uns'aa!"

Another wisp of smoke escaped from its tiny jaws as it curled up on Jared's chest, staring into his golden eyes. Its own eyes swirled with colors; Green around the pupil, mixed with gold, and the rest being a dark blue with a dash of purple. If Jared looked close enough, however, he could see a swirl of dark red in the pupil itself.

"Ussta uss, ussta er'griff .. Ussta farjali .. Dos wund'akh ulu uns'aa."

Its needle-like claws dug into his soft skin, drawing blood.

"Dos rothrl uns'aa, lotha uss .. Jal usst ..."

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 11th, 2002, 07:02:54 PM
"Friend of mine? No," she said flatly, shaking her head slightly. She could never be 'friends' with something like that, no matter how beautiful it was. Taking a step back, the grin disappeared from her face as she stared at the dragon. Hate burned in her blue eyes before looking at Jared's helpless figure. He didn't know yet ...

Jared Mriad
Oct 11th, 2002, 07:10:29 PM
"Ach! Vel'bol xun dos ssinssrin dal uns'aa, Usstan della ukta Usstan orn'la rothrl!!" Jared growled, shifting slighly upwards to lay his shoulders on the pillow. His golden eyes blazed with question, "Well!?"

Fallon
Oct 11th, 2002, 07:24:02 PM
"Dos della uns'aa dos orn'la rothrl ... Jal usst, ussta farjali, ussta illistic uss ...!"

It dug its claws further into his flesh and seemed to grin - if dragons could grin.

Jared Mriad
Oct 11th, 2002, 07:33:48 PM
"Your wrong, I'm far from fragile my little friend." Jared replied, in common and with a growl.

Fallon
Oct 11th, 2002, 07:44:21 PM
"Jhal dos ph' illistic ulu uns'aa, farjali."

It would be only a matter of weeks before the tiny hatchling would grow into an enormous height, and months for it to develope almost every skill its Elders had possessed. It would become wiser as each day passed, listening to the secrets the water whispered and the prophecies the wind told.

"Dos rothrl ussta ril quarth."

Jared Mriad
Oct 11th, 2002, 08:33:11 PM
Jared came close to attacking the small creature, but he was powerless to raise a fist. Something inside him kept him from attacking the dragon attached to his body.

"Alright, shalifi." He gritted out through clenched teeth with a side glance at Cherice, "Dorn xun 'zil dos quarth. Usstan kluth ulu inbal nau byr choice"

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:08:31 AM
She began to see no point in staying in the room.

"I think it's best if I leave, since there seems to be nothing more I can do. Jared, let your body rest, for as soon as you're fully recovered your training will resume."

With that, Cherice turned and walked towards the door, opening it.

"Unless there's something you need to ask me?" She said, looking over her shoulder.

Jared Mriad
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:22:56 AM
"Nothing as of now, Ta Ta Cherice," Jared replied, sliding down with the lizard still on his chest. Unless you can take this bugger with you... He then replied with direct-telepathy, closing his eyes once more.

What had he gotten into? Only he could wonder...

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:25:11 AM
"I would never touch that thing," was the last thing Jared heard in his head before she exited, closing the door behind her.

Fallon
Oct 12th, 2002, 01:45:47 PM
"I can also speak in Common, Jared," hissed the little dragon suddenly as it closed its eyes. A light purr began to rumble through its body as its claws stopped digging into his chest.

"You are now my half-brother."

Jared Mriad
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:07:20 PM
"I'm overjoyed," He responded, staring into the overhead lamp, "So.. what's going to happen?"

Fallon
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:51:41 PM
"First, I will watch you when you shed your human skin for scales. Only then will you realize what your purpose is."

Jared Mriad
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:56:57 PM
shed your human skin for scales... That particular phrase stuck in the Cannibals mind like super-glue. Scales? What is the thingy here talking about? "You mean I become like you?..."

Not bothering waiting for a reply, Jared laced his fingers behind his back and mused. So... now the warrior who dares strike me down must face not one.. but two of the same. Frell.... "... When will it happen?"

Fallon
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:32:12 PM
"During an eclipse."

The dragon opened one eye sleepily and glared at Jared accusingly.

"Do not take this so light-hearted."

Jared Mriad
Oct 12th, 2002, 04:46:48 PM
Opening his left eye, Jared calmly watched the small dragon, "Seems everyone now'adays is thinking that I take stuff un-seriously.."

Frowning, During an eclipse... well, Jared would just have to make sure he was off the planet when that certain time came, perhaps land on Coruscant when it happened. When DID Coruscant have eclipses? You couldn't see through the smog and buildings to the sky most of the time.

"So.. Brother, .. Tell me... Tell me if it will be filled with pain?"

Fallon
Oct 12th, 2002, 04:59:01 PM
"Brother?" It snorted. "Right now I've not yet determined my sex, although I might consider becoming a female. Who knows? We will see."

Opening its other eye now, the tiny dragon gave a yawn.

"Of course it will be filled with pain, but it's worth it. After all, you'll be changing into an Old Tongue - one of the most revered of dragon races. You should be honored."

Jared Mriad
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:12:41 PM
"I'll be honored when it's done," Jared growled, closing his eye peacefully, "I have things to do tomorrow, so G'night."

Fallon
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:55:30 PM
Finally, he was done with his questions. Closing both of its eyes again, the dragon gave a sigh of content and drifted off to sleep.