PDA

View Full Version : Returning to a turncoats welcome

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 7th, 2002, 11:50:42 AM
It had been some weeks now since his face had been seen around the Greater Jedi Order, and no doubt rumours were beginning to spread as to why he had been absent. Already he knew that some had caught wind, somehow, of what had kept him away. He knew, for one, that she knew, and if she did then the one she shared a life bond with would know too. Undoubtably, Xazor would have taken his excuse for absence as a move against the bonds they were beginning to build, and truthfully he could not blame her.

What he had done was inexcusable. In a selfish attempt to preserve his own life, he had gone behind her back and engaged in a rather lewd evening with the Sith Witch Sorsha Kasajian. The choice he had been given was either this, or combat – to the death – with the great Sith Master Ogre Mal Pannis. His reasoning then was that dead he would be use, so the small sacrifice of an evening of pleasure with Sorsha and her cohort would be a minimal fee to preserve his life. Only now did he realize how foolish he had been.

And so he pushed the door to the bar and grill open, slowly ambling through as the door caught the tail of his jacket on the way in. A few glances touched on him before looking away in fairly obvious distaste; he did not blame them. He carried on still though, towards the booth which he frequented so often, and allowed himself to slip down with a deep sigh into the chair. The waitress didn’t even approach him, for his melancholy radiated even to those who were not adept in the force. His head buried into his hands, his own self pity absorbing him, Dasquian wheezed out a damp sigh.

Taataani Meorrrei
Oct 7th, 2002, 12:08:51 PM
She'd finished her morning calisthenics. Slowly and surely, she was becoming a morning person, though she still loathed it a bit. Her hair was a bit tussled, and her workout clothes were damp with sweat as she jogged in from outside. Pausing by the bar, she stretched, a complex movement that started from her fingertips and worked its way through every joint and muscle in her body until it resonated in her toes and the tip of her tail. She capped it off with a yawn, exposing pearly fangs as she blinked. She felt tired, but...energized. As she scanned the room for a place to sit for breakfast, she almost gasped.

Dasssqujian!

He was back! He'd been missing for so long, and it worried Taa terribly to see her master and friend in trouble. She bounded over to his table, and paused. He looked so sad....so morose. She squatted down on her haunches, ignoring the seat for a moment, as she clasped one of his hands.

What'sss wrrrong?

Blue eyes glowed at him as she scrutinized his face.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 7th, 2002, 12:11:13 PM
A familiar face was good to see, especially one so cheery, though he imagined she knew nothing of his misdeeds and thus doubted the upbeat attitude would remain for long.

“I am a traitor and have broken the Jedi Code, Taataani. I am not fit to hold the rank of Jedi Knight,” Dasquian replied, without so much as looking up.

Taataani Meorrrei
Oct 7th, 2002, 12:15:21 PM
What do jyou mean?

She blinked, a look of concern on her spectacle-clad face

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 7th, 2002, 12:25:57 PM
“I put my own life above the thoughts and emotions of others, selfishly… I have betrayed Xazor, myself and all of the Order.”

He looked up slowly, and the distinct clouding of his eyes was visible. Beneath his left eye there was a freshly created scar, barely an inch long but still noticeable. Looking at the dependant Cizerack before him, he couldn’t bare to confess the full extent of his sin.

Taataani Meorrrei
Oct 7th, 2002, 12:31:23 PM
What jyou've done jisss bad, but not unforrrgjivable...

Taa squeezed his hand. She might not have the same understanding as others, since Dasquian's actions weren't necessarily looked down upon in Cizerack culture. But she could see he was hurting, and it made her sad.

...what good would have come frrrom them kjilljing jyou? jYou djid the rjight thjing.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 7th, 2002, 12:36:02 PM
Profusely, he shook his head and pulled his hand away from Taataani’s, bringing both palms together to steeple his fingers on the table he sat at.

“There was no right choice in that situation. I should have never been so weak as to be kidnapped by them in the first place.”

Taataani Meorrrei
Oct 7th, 2002, 12:39:02 PM
Her ears lowered

jYou arrren't jinvjincjible, Dasssqujian. jYou can't put demandsss on jyourrrssself ljike that.

She placed a warm hand on his leg, and leaned against his side.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 7th, 2002, 12:42:42 PM
“I bet others would have been able to think of a way out of it… My thanks for your concern, though.”

Allowing himself to succumb to the sympathy Taa was giving, he slouched back a bit in the booth and looked down under the table at his boots; anywhere to avoid the gaze of those in the bar. He swallowed and felt a sense of fear come over him as he thought about what would happen when he confronted the council.

Taataani Meorrrei
Oct 7th, 2002, 12:50:27 PM
She was saddened through his emotions by sympathy pains. With a sigh, she rose to a seat, pulling it adjacent to him. How often had little Saarrreeaa done something wrong, and come to her for advice? She liked to think that she was good with that kind of thing. But now, she didn't have any advice to give.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:46:55 AM
Disregarding for a moment his problem and regaining some composure and respect, he looked up to Taa with sad smile.

“How... how have you been, Taataani? Have you faired well in my absence?”

Taataani Meorrrei
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:13:04 AM
jI've mjissssssed jyou alot, Dasssqujian!

Her ears rose up with her words, belying genuine emotion

Not onljy becaussse jyou'rrre mjy teacherrr, but alssso becaussse jI thjink jyou arrre a darrrljing jyoung man. jYou make me sssmjile.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:02:16 AM
“Well I’m glad to know I cheer you up.”

With a chuckle and appreciative smile, he nodded.

“You, too, put me in good spirits. It seems as though whatever the situation you can always be positive, an excellent quality.”

Kaytor Surna
Oct 12th, 2002, 01:11:17 PM
Kaytor sat a booth away from Dasquian. She rose from her seat and steped around the small wall between them.

"Greetings, Dasquian."

Kaytor's eyes fell on the elf that sat infront of her then switched to the cat woman. She growled slightly at her, showing her fangs. She turned her attention back to Dasquian.

"A shame that you should betray Xazor like that. I bet she is mad."

Kaytor smirked, evil.