PDA

View Full Version : So, yeah...

Figrin D'an
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:23:12 PM
... I nearly plummeted to a horrible death this weekend.

Interestingly enough, besides being a little sore and having a bit of tweaked knee from the hiking and climbing... I feel pretty good.

What did everyone else do?

Lord Gue
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:27:11 PM
battled the forces of evil in a small communist country in order to save the world from bioterrorism...

anyone else?

Javier Enfer
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:27:42 PM
Well whether you belive in spirits or not, ive been spooked by my grandad for the last few days...i know hes just looking for for me but still *shivers*

Nathanial K'cansce
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:31:30 PM
I made 56 bucks in tips at the Olive Garden.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:53:35 PM
I stole $56 in tips from Snack. :mischief

What did you fall off/down, Figrin? (wait, you already went to bed. OH well.)

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:07:47 AM
Finally getting close to getting the turbo terror on the road (pics soon!) and got my runabout car working fully for the first time in a year, plussat down and began to design new suspension mods.

Aint played with cars this solidly over a weekend for ages.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:56:11 AM
Well, I have been twiddling around with my new computer, which I built not so long ago. :)

Nasseeri Haalleerraa
Oct 7th, 2002, 07:32:19 AM
I ran back and forth across our lake, maintaining order at one of my girls' campouts. I did mounds of laundry and visited my parents.

:zzz = boring :(

Makoto Neosis
Oct 7th, 2002, 07:38:29 AM
I've been biking around my neiborhood and trailblasing.. God knows how many scratches I have on my legs :(

Sene Unty
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:17:46 AM
I was at a funeral all weekend for my girlfriends grandfather. It was horribly sad. :(

Nathanial K'cansce
Oct 7th, 2002, 09:44:58 AM
Aww... :(

I worked hard for that 56 bucks... :(

imported_Callista
Oct 7th, 2002, 09:55:22 AM
Aww...LD...you're so mean! *Swipes the money.*

I drank....water... this weekend. Last summer bash before college actually starts on Tues. :D

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 7th, 2002, 10:08:19 AM
weekend, I worked again, how different, oh wait I do that every weekend....nevermind.....:lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 7th, 2002, 10:13:43 AM
:mad *takes money back from Callista and gives it back to Snack* Sorry :(

Nathanial K'cansce
Oct 7th, 2002, 10:16:01 AM
Aww...

*gives LD 10 bucks* :)

*still :( @ Sene's weekend*

Eluna Thals
Oct 7th, 2002, 10:17:24 AM
Get well, figgy :)

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 7th, 2002, 10:29:13 AM
figgy?

Evil Hobgoblin
Oct 7th, 2002, 12:46:24 PM
... Oh bring us some figgy pudding, Oh bring us some figgy pudding...

Figrin D'an
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:28:05 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
What did you fall off/down, Figrin?

A 500 ft rock bluff. Nearly. Managed to stop myself and cling to a tree and a rock outcropping, then climb back up. The place, known as Devil's Lake, averages about 8 deaths every year from falls. Glad I didn't become a statistic. Didn't get hurt really in that instance... it was the rock climbing that hurt... I didn't feel it right away, but now, 48 hours later, my right knee it not happy when I put it through a full range of motion. I hope it's just a tendon strain. Other than that, I'm just sore.

Figgy... there's a nickname I'd like to have go away...

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:31:32 PM
Yes, but saying "D'an" sounds retarded. DA-AN Da-an!

Glad you're all right.:)

Lord Gue
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:34:56 PM
Rock climin, thats sometin I gotta do right after I take up sky diving and bungee jumpin...

No joke btw, those are on the list of things to do before I die

Actually, everytime Ive seen him post, ever since I got here bout 2 years ago, ive always called him 'Friggin Dan' to myself

Figrin D'an
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:39:14 PM
Yeah, but is it so hard to type "Figrin?"

It's only one more key stroke that "Figgy"...

Or, hell, how about "The guy with the Bogart pic?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:41:36 PM
glad to hear you're alright :)

Lord Gue
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:43:03 PM
its not that its hard to type, its just one of the psychological things, when I see it I see Friggin, not Figrin, ive seen Friggin for the last 2 years, just reinforces it, lol

Figrin D'an
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:54:46 PM
Maybe I should suggest that "Figrin" be added to the spellcheck feature... since obviously manual proofreading is a lost art.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:55:27 PM
I never had any problem saying Figrin, perhaps because English is not my native language. How about the man with the Kloo Horn and Gasan string drum? :)

I used to rock climb quite a bit when I was a kid. Where I grew up, there were lots of mountains.

Lord Gue
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:57:18 PM
lol, how many times do I say the name Figrin in a year?
Last Year = 0
This year = 3

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:58:55 PM
I write Figrin correctly but I still say Friggin.....

Figrin D'an
Oct 7th, 2002, 02:35:04 PM
And that is three times that you have managed to spell it correctly, hence demonstrating that it isn't that difficult to do so. If more people would follow such an example, the point would be moot. I don't care how people mentally visualize the name. There are many screen names around here that would be difficult and awkward to speak aloud. Just as long they take the time to spell it right, and not consistently butcher it when posting.

But, that is essentially off-topic, so I'm dropping the point.

Climbing is fun... just make sure you get enough experience and training before you try to tackle anything freeform. And even then... don't push your luck. Repelling can be just as much fun.

Geist Laich
Oct 7th, 2002, 02:44:24 PM
What I did this/last weekend.

I went and saw a movie and ate a giant pixie stix and drank a whole can of Coke in one hour...

:D

I felt sick all afterwards too.

Sejah Haversh
Oct 7th, 2002, 02:49:16 PM
I went to Conifur 2002, a large furry art convention in Tacoma, WA, this weekend.

I'd like to start out by saying, no, I'm not *that* kind of furry, and yes, some of those people scare me. But, I did get to meet a bunch of well-known artists, got a bunch of sketches done, and got to play Otah-San opposite a very astute Fukui-San in a round of Iron Cook. The theme ingredient were old Army MREs.

I also took first and second place in the Artist Ambush, and Saw a very disturbing Yatta video.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 7th, 2002, 02:51:32 PM
furries..... :x those ppl are weird......

Sanis Prent
Oct 7th, 2002, 02:56:54 PM
You and me baby ain't nothin but mammals, so lets do it like they do on the Discovery Channel! :cat

Geist Laich
Oct 7th, 2002, 02:59:32 PM
:lol @ Sanis

Hey Sej, at least you CAN go to a Con. No goods ones up here cept Anime North, and THAT'S FUGGING EXPENSIVE!

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:01:41 PM
>_< like I said, furries=weird

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:09:25 PM
Those furry suits cost in the thousands. :\

And to think what people do in them to pay so much.

Geist Laich
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:10:35 PM
It's cheaper to make your own.

*works on Sith Robe made out of a bedsheet and pillowcases*

Sejah Haversh
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:16:55 PM
Yeah, the fursuits bug me, but the fat stinky guys who havent shaved in a year and don't know what shampoo or a comb are scare me worse.

And then there's the fanboys, ugh... We artists of decent things can't stand them...

Yes, most furries are wierd, I'll admit, but I did meet a few normal ones like myself. So, I am not the only non-wacko furry out there.

And Geist, a lot of the Edmonton and Vancouver Furs came down. I only went because it's local. You won't see me spending a small fortune to go to Antrhocon or Further Confusion, because, well, I don't like it enough to have to spend money on a plane ticket for.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:21:35 PM
>_< what I hate is running across the dirty furries pics :X I ran into some the other day while looking at werewolf pics....:x

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:26:09 PM
I am hirsute, not furry :) thank you.

Geist Laich
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:28:06 PM
Yeah, well try finding Cat Girl pics that aren't naked!!!

It sucks.....Stupid preverted people....

And sej, I'm young and jobless, so I can't go to far away Cons.

Sejah Haversh
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:28:34 PM
A furry 'fanboy' is one who only wants the adult pics. Like I said, I don't really like the 'fanboys'. I do not do the dirty stuff, and choose not to look at it. I find it a shame that some people with so much talent decide to do that with it.

And Diego, there were a few people that looked like Diego did. they frightened me.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:37:36 PM
yep, tis a shame when someone wastes their talent on that......same goes for manga artists......

Sejah Haversh
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:39:32 PM
Ugh, I mean, people had to DRAW that!

Gack!

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:40:51 PM
And Diego, there were a few people that looked like Diego did. they frightened me.

I look like Diego! :cry :cry :cry

Sejah Haversh
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:45:07 PM
Yes, but I forgot to add that some of them weighed at least 290 pounds, and were wearing old, ratty stinky t-shirts that were too small, and had pin-up mouse-girls on them. And only talked about how cool their White Wolf and Iron Claw characters were. And how many spooge pics they were buying.

I really hope you're not one of them.

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:48:05 PM
I weigh 240, my clothes fit comfortably, own no mouse-girl pinups, never played whitewolf or Iron claw, and the only spooge pics I own come from human photo shoots.

But everything on my body grows hair, sans eyelids, forehead, palms, and soles of my feet.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:48:31 PM
ewww, always guys like that at the anime conventions too......the bad ones are the ones that have the art all posted around and just covered with a piece of tiny paper over parts......the kids at comic con kept freaking out at those booths when a parent didn't notice and shield the kid from it......

Sejah Haversh
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:53:26 PM
Thank goodness there was better control over keeping the adult stuff hidden at this one. It had to be in seperate binders clearly marked Adult, and you had to have the right color badge on to view it with.

It was actually a well-run con, I think.

Geist Laich
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:56:20 PM
I hope Anime North is like that when I finally get the two requirements.

1- 75 bucks Canadian

2- My Driver's licence, G2.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:59:39 PM
wasn't well run at the one down here...the booths were all over the place......they were posted at and above eye level so it was hard not to accidentally notice it no matter what height you were.....I remember there was a lady yelling at one of the booth ppl there, dunno what it helped since the guy was the next day still with the just little scraps of paper......

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:02:35 PM
Only convention I've ever went to is the Gathering of the Juggalos, not even because I like ICP... just because a friend of mine asked me to go.

That has to be the craziest party known to man.

Sejah Haversh
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:07:48 PM
Never heard of that one.

And I say, we certainly did hijack this thread, now didn't we?"

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:20:37 PM
I only bought manga at the time since I was almost broke besides the prices were pretty jacked up...most of the time I was watching the new animes though......

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:22:25 PM
Well it's not an art/furry convention... I just mentioned it since you were on the subject of conventions.

Sejah Haversh
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:24:48 PM
I'm not much of an anime fan, myself. Never have been and probably never really will be.

Anime furries like Hyper Police really cheese me off... Not really furry at all, just have ears and a tail...

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:27:20 PM
*been an anime nut since whenever she saw Iria* I find most furries creepy....animal ppl are quite common in anime.......

Sejah Haversh
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:28:16 PM
I'll admit there are some freakyweird furries out there, but, I stick to the decent and good stuff.

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:29:12 PM
Only anime I've ever really liked was Dragonball Z... then it got really popular in the States and I kind of just stopped watching.

I've always wanted to watch Vampire Hunter D but never got the chance.

Sejah Haversh
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:33:21 PM
You mean Drag-on-and-on-and-on-and-on-ball Z?

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:34:26 PM
VHD is quite good.....you should watch it....honestly try to get some of the non tv stuff, it keeps better to the stories since it isn't editted and dubbed crapily....

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:36:20 PM
I looked at some videos in Suncoast which were a little overpriced for my liking. But Suncoast always jacks up their prices.

And it was like 7th & 8th grade when I watched DBZ, before it even really got popular in the States... at the time I loved it.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:37:20 PM
Suncoast is a bit pricey but other places carry anime as well if ya look hard enough.......

Sanis Prent
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:40:03 PM
I prefer VHD: Bloodlust actually :) I was very impressed, and I usually don't like anime.

I love DBZ. Hell, its animated pro wrestling, I can't help it :)

Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, yus. VHD and Bloodlust, yus. Ninja Scroll yus

I don't find much else to enjoy. Anime is too friggin japanese sometimes for me to like it.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:50:41 PM
I generally stick to the comedies and the action ones...but didn't like Ninja Scroll >_< I like most anime though as long as it's written well......

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:52:49 PM
Ninja Scroll... forgot about that. Managed to catch that on Cinemax late one night.

I actually enjoyed that, meanwhile my ex-girlfriend was disgusted by it. :\

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:56:03 PM
well there's certain things about that movie that would disgust any girl.......

Sejah Haversh
Oct 7th, 2002, 05:02:28 PM
I do like Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star can be good sometimes, too. But, most others I just can't take.

Figrin D'an
Oct 7th, 2002, 05:27:45 PM
well... looks like this thread has been killed...

thanks...

Sejah Haversh
Oct 7th, 2002, 11:15:20 PM
Sorry about that...

Sanis Prent
Oct 7th, 2002, 11:31:17 PM
Sorry FigRIN :\

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 8th, 2002, 01:48:30 PM
:\ sorry Figrin.....