PDA

View Full Version : Awaiting Further Orders

Gurney Devries
Oct 6th, 2002, 07:04:15 PM
Being a Jedi Padawan had certainly been a test of pateince. Being a Jedi was a full-time commitment: Gurney knew that when he decided to sign up with them. But it was flat out impossible for him to devote every waking moment to the Jedi Order - even if he had wanted to. It seemed that his training schedule always seemed to conflict with his master's: They were both very busy people, and it seemed almost as if fate conspired to keep the two apart as often as possible.

Still, Gurney had tried his best to continue his training on his own. For the most part, this consisted of him honing the skills he had already been taught. He had met with mediocre results, at best. His ability to manipulate the Force bordered on laughable. Even so, he was determined to make something of himself.... to make her proud.

Pulling open the side of his heavy blue robes, Gurney removed a lightsaber from his belt. Until this point, he had been using a lightsaber he'd borrowed from the Academy: This was the first one he had built himself. He gripped it gently, letting his hand slide over the cool, metal cylinder, becoming more familiar with it's build. His thumb easily found it's way to the ignition switch on its side. The dark blue blade shot to life with a harsh snap-hiss, and he spun it around softly in the air, getting adjusted to how it cut the air.

Eventually, the motions beld into full-out strikes and thrusts, and he started reproducing the fight between himself and the Jedi Knight Xazor. This went on for well over an hour, and a light sweat had started to cover his forehead, when he felt that strange tingle at the back of his neck. He swung around as fast as a bolt, bringing his lightsaber to bear.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:56:24 PM
The hiss of another lightsabre blade extending could be heard. The humming green glowing beam flickered and cast a vibrant light, iluminating the form of an old man. He nodded to greet, saluting with his sabre.

"The circle is to be concluded. I feel the Force is strong in you, it is just waiting to be realised. Your patience seems neverending. Lets finish what has been started"

Gurney Devries
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:16:54 PM
"I fear you put too much faith in me, master."

The padawan lowered his blade, but did not disengage it.

"How did you become so adept with the Force, Master Yoghurt? Is it simply something determined at birth? Is the ability to properly wield it simply beyond me?"

Master Yoghurt
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:29:42 PM
"The Force surrounds and radiates from all life forms. Only a few may wield or understand it. Sensitivity to the Force is strong with my species. To controll it requires extensive amounts of mental and physical exercise. My training was no exception. Such it has been for thousands of years"

The old man paused to concider what he had observed a moment ago watching Gurney. His improvement in handling the saber was remarkable. His movements had become more fluid.

"Handling lightsabers is excellent for attuning your Force sensitivity. The blade becomes an extension of yourself. Eventually, the movements become more guided. One may anticipate events before they happen - if the Force is with you that is.. "

With those words, Yog suddenly slashed his blade toward Gurney. The glittering green beam released a white glowing flash and a sparking sound as it crossed paths with Gurney's blade. He had in one swift movement blocked.

"Quick reaction, or was it anticipated?", he asked with a smile

Gurney Devries
Oct 7th, 2002, 05:27:15 PM
"I... I knew you were going to do that, before you did. And I reacted. So a little bit of both, I suppose."

He pushed his master's blade aside before seperating the two. Then, turning, he looked towards the far window, where the midday sun was streaming in.

"Sometimes, I've found that I can... do things, under duress, that I couldn't normally do. I've only recently began to move small objects with ease. But under moments of stress... I've done remarkable things."