PDA

View Full Version : RP Forum Mod Nominations.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:36:51 PM
After several months of observation, after not really heeding his own request, I have decided that as of now I will accept Pierce Tondry’s resignation as a RP forum moderator. He doesn’t really have the time to do all that is required of such a position, just as he expressed back when he had almost no PC access. I thought at the time that giving him the opportunity to see things through some would change that, but it hasn’t and lately we have been in need of some help with moderation, at least in my opinion.

Now, lets try not to make this a popularity contest or what some may call a clique thing, and as such I will not nominate any individuals myself, but leave that to you the members of this community. Though I will make a couple statements regarding rules and guidelines for nominating choices before we then move on to voting on those nominations.

The sole purpose of this thread will be selecting about 4 to 6 nominees as candidates for the open RP moderator position vacated by Pierce. Any nominees must understand the responsibility they accept if they agree to be a possible new mod for these forums. Its not usually an easy job, it doesn’t make people like you, and it is occasionally very distracting and somewhat time consuming. So all final nominees that go forth to be voted on, must agree that they wish to be in the position. We cannot have unwilling or unknowing individuals in such a position.

So do what you can to try and come up with what you feel are fair, willing, active, and well spoken individuals to nominate, try not to just pick your best friend. And keep in mind that any nominee does have the right to refuse consideration.

This mod position is for support of the OOC, SW Roleplaying, and SW Storytelling forums.

Let the nominations begin.

Releases the droves of wild horses from the corral

Master Yoghurt
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:43:42 PM
I nominate Lady Deville, because she is frequently online and is trusted/respected by the players

Sanis Prent
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:46:02 PM
Lady DeVille
Darth Snack
Firebird

Dae Jinn
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:53:53 PM
Lady DeVille. For the reasons Yogs posted :)

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:57:06 PM
I would say Firebird, but he has a pick, so let's keep a spread of names:

Taylor

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:09:22 PM
I would agree with any of the above names.

:o

edit: Lebron, I just didn't want to re-type all those same names. Not MY own name, of course, I wouldn't nominate myself. :headbash

Admiral Lebron
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:10:29 PM
Of course you would.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:13:08 PM
Lets do keep the posts relevant please.

Xazor Elessar
Oct 6th, 2002, 04:43:27 PM
I nominate:

Taylor and Marcus Q'Dunn

:lol @ Lil.....sure you wouldn't....... ;)

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 04:56:28 PM
Lady DeVille
or
SIlancy

DarthHERA
Oct 6th, 2002, 06:13:21 PM
Taylor and Deville have already been nominated.

I would also like to suggest Lady Vader.

edit: I also suggest appointing more than just 1 more mod. I think its necessary, myself.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 6th, 2002, 06:24:43 PM
I think Sil would do a good job. Marcus has enough on his hands as moderator in the GJO forum, so I can;t agree with putting another burden on his shoulders.

I think LD would also be a good person to choose.

Taylor Millard
Oct 6th, 2002, 06:33:48 PM
I agree with everyone suggested.

But I don't nominate myself :lol

Jehova Eaven
Oct 6th, 2002, 07:21:07 PM
Lileana De'Ville, she knows her stuff and seems unbiased most of the time.

I would also nominate Taylor Millard but he seems like he doesn't want the position.

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 6th, 2002, 07:47:43 PM
Lord Gue. :D

Nathanial K'cansce
Oct 6th, 2002, 08:03:39 PM
Lilaena De'Ville

Maybe a Q'Dunn or a S'Il

Taylor Millard
Oct 6th, 2002, 08:05:16 PM
No it's not that I don't want the position. It's just rude to nominate oneself.

Right Ogre? We can't nominate ourselves

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 08:16:32 PM
He just wants to bite your head off....
*goes off for more Hannibal humor*

Zatania Duvall
Oct 6th, 2002, 08:19:41 PM
The only person that I remember really and kinda knew that I think would be good is Lady Vader. I still don't know very many people on here. :p

Taro
Oct 6th, 2002, 08:29:54 PM
LD and s'Il. Millard, if he wants.

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 6th, 2002, 08:58:23 PM
I think people should be able to nominate themselves... after all, who better to assess your skills and knowledge than you?

That said, I am not nominating myself, but do concur with other nominations, especially LD and s'Il.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 6th, 2002, 09:38:19 PM
Lileana or Taylor Millard.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Oct 6th, 2002, 09:59:42 PM
I think Hera is right in that more than one Mod is needed.

LD is a very good choice. I also nominate Vega.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:10:24 PM
Lilaena De'Ville
Darth Snack
Firebird1
Taylor Millard
Marcus Q'Dunn
s'Ilancy
Lady Vader
Lord Gue
Vega Van-Derveld

…are all the nominees so far. I figure that 12 nominees is a good number to go with, but we also need to find out if the nominees are willing to take the responsibility. So if you are a nominee, please indicate whether or not you are willing so you can either remain or be removed from the above list.

Also nominations of any others may continue and I will ask them the same about willingness as we get to that point.

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:16:40 PM
Id be willing to take the responsibility

Nathanial K'cansce
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:26:27 PM
I'd be willing.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:27:06 PM
I am willing to remain on the list on nominees. If I'm chosen I would try to be fair, and trustworthy and all that good mod stuff, as well as uphold the rules and regs of the board.

*didn't intend on making a high-falutin' speech* :o

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:36:16 PM
I'm willing.

Taylor Millard
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:36:44 PM
I accept...and I promise to be online as much as possible as well. This includes late nights, since I work overnights...I can be online when other mods are sleeping.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:38:07 PM
PMing all the nominees directing their attention here looks to have worked well. :)

Thanks for the timely responses.

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:42:02 PM
lol, this is Gue if ya didnt know
*Reads his PM*

TheHolo.Net
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:43:41 PM
Originally posted by General Hein
lol, this is Gue if ya didnt know
*Reads his PM* Thanks. I knew, and you got a PM too, under your Gue (nominated and widely known) name.

Lord Gue
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:51:10 PM
^_^

imported_Firebird1
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:59:44 PM
Sorry guys, I'm going to have to say no on this one. Right now I do not have the time like I used to be an efficent Mod. I've got school and a full time job in a Walmart, and I wouldn't be able to be a full time mod like I would like to be.

But if anyone has a problem of any kind give me a PM. Have Lightsaber will travel.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:11:30 AM
I dont know as yet. I'll think and reply tomorrow.

Lord Soth
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:51:57 AM
Lady Vader... :)

Lady Vader
Oct 7th, 2002, 02:10:21 AM
I accept. Thank you to all that nominated me. :)

Sene Unty
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:16:18 AM
When will the voting begin?

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 7th, 2002, 09:35:50 AM
I'd nominate Taylor.

And I'd be willing, since my name seems to have come up some how :lol

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 7th, 2002, 11:50:11 AM
I vote for Vega, because Jenny is usually always online, keeps her characters active and interacts with others. I also nominate LD, Marcus Q'Dunn, and Taylor.

Gitane Blesse
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:54:46 PM
I'm going for LD or S'il. :D

Although... I'm sorry, but I don't think you'd be the greatest, Jenny. >< You tend to be moved one way or the other too easily..

Levi Argon
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:24:13 PM
:thumbup to LD.

Equally thumbs-up to Vega.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 7th, 2002, 05:52:36 PM
I will start a voting thread once all our nominees have indicated their willingness or desire not to be a moderator for the RP section of forums. As it appears we do not have any new nominees at this time, so we will just go with the ones nominated so far, once we know the status of them all.

Repeat: A new thread will be started for actual voting once all nominees have accepted or declined candidacy.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 7th, 2002, 09:46:59 PM
Nomination accepted.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 7th, 2002, 09:49:10 PM
And with that the final nominee response, this thread is now closed. Expect a vote thread to be started and stuck here by me within the next 15 minutes.