PDA

View Full Version : Sickened by the things I see!

Saul Mordeth
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:00:25 PM
Hello this is Saul Mordeth of the GJO and frankly I'm a little upset by the one sided way this board is ran. I just read a thread by Warlord Gue that was shut down for no apparent reason other than Marcus was having a bad day. This is a ooc forum is it not his post was a legitimate thing. No different from all the other ooc in Arcan. I am not a Gue fan but know him from around the boards. I guess because he has had issue with others gives Marcus the right to shut down threads?

I guess we all better Frell off and not fight the toss if Marcus is running the place. Gue doesn't even know Im writing this just so the powers to be don't try to ban him for (Heaven forbid for speaking his mind.)

Gabriel Cove
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:02:40 PM
This is Kindo and I...

COMPLETELY AGREE

Makoto Neosis
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:05:37 PM
Gue was spaming, the thread that was closed was posted in the main forums and then reposted here.

Spam.

Case closed.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:07:19 PM
I to am sickened by what I have seen with the Gue thread. It was put in an ooc forum that everyone and I mean everyone uses not just GJO members. Everyone posts ooc silly things in it and personally I believe that Gue's thread had more merit there than some other threads. There was no reason for his thread to be shut down the way it was and to see him insulted was utterly upsetting. I have seen many people that are not Jedi post there and not get shut down. What I want to know is why Marcus has the right to insult and to shut down oocs in an open forum. I find it appalling that this kind of stuff is allowed to happen to guests. It is an open forum for ooc stuff He shouldnt have been treated in that manner.....

Saul Mordeth
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:16:36 PM
What you call a spam is Gue's way of trying to get a gf for his character. He just broke it off with his other ic girlfriend and wants another to rp that is not spamming. Especially when done in an ooc forum, so without getting ugly what you said isnt really revelant Makoto.

rin
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:18:42 PM
::Sigh::

I COMPLETELY agree!...Remember murcus ole pal...Two wrong's don't make a right, and it's very obviously here that "you" are in the "wrong!"

Frell off and die? ...Is this the behavior the GJO represents now? Is this what you want to portray to all the peep that visit here...? Dude you need to seriously get a grip!

Yeah, this is sickening...And that's an understatement! And one last thing Mr. what ever your title is and like any one care's, this crap is getting old, like in old a long time ago...

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:21:20 PM
Saul, if a thread is closed, and it is then reposted, should that also be closed? I think so.

Makoto Neosis
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:23:13 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Saul, if a thread is closed, and it is then reposted, should that also be closed? I think so.

Exactly.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:24:33 PM
Gue’s thread in the OOC forum was a complete diversion from what it was originally. His topic was completely different than what it ended up being edited to be more than 30 minutes later. He’s playing you all like fiddles with the situation of the thread in the OOC forum. As for what happens in these forums, it is not my concern unless I am asked to assist.

Sanis Prent
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:31:34 PM
Swfans is correct. Gue posted something completely different and inappropriate, then edited it to avert a warning for doing such. His post here was baiting, and I don't see a problem with it being closed. Its not my jurisdiction to say, and yes, Marcus could have been less snappy when he closed it, but I certainly can understand why he closed it.

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:32:11 PM
I thank all you for your assistance, and Ogre, I respect you man, but shut up and dont insult these people. I just woke up and had no Idea they did this until someone messaged me, I dont 'play people' and am insulted my the implecation.

True, my first thread started off as pointing out something that apperently no one else cared about, yet I found interesting. So when it was called spam I edited it to make it something useful. Then It got closed. I even talked to Navaria about opening it back up so I could use it for the women needed part which i really did need.

and one last thing, I post something about the board: Spam
Charely posts something completely random: Comedy gold

IE:
Do you know what the most tender part of a chicken is?

The oysters.

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:32:16 PM
I guess we all better Frell off and not fight the toss if Marcus is running the place. Gue doesn't even know Im writing this just so the powers to be don't try to ban him for (Heaven forbid for speaking his mind.)
Find another he's closed in recent days then.

rin
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:33:44 PM
But it is ok to tell someone to "Frell off" and that's ok Mr. Fett? Read between the line's...Like I said and I'll say it once more...Regardless of the spam issue, it is the manner and the way it's been handled..."Two wrong's don't make a right."

What marcus has done and does repeatedly from what I've seen around on the board's is an "abuse of power." And the funny thing is, nobody really does anything about it...And if they do, they eventually give into his "petty excuses" on why he does what he dose...Ridiculous if you ask me...

TheHolo.Net
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:37:01 PM
Originally posted by General Hein
I thank all you for your assistance, and Ogre, I respect you man, but shut up and dont insult these people. I just woke up and had no Idea they did this until someone messaged me, I dont 'play people' and am insulted my the implecation.And you wonder why you have so little respect around here. Because you don't give any. and as for the playing people thing, I know better because I talk to people to and know exactly some of what has been said and done about that OOC topic.

Start behaving more like a responsible and respectful individual and you may actually get some in return.

Saul Mordeth
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:41:39 PM
Well I dont know the beginning of this ordeal. But I know what I saw here. I am not manipulated if he changed the thread so that he could look for a gf and not make it a spam isnt that ok? But If im wrong should his post be shut down with such extreme predujice it could have been done in a more tasteful way. The words frell off and die and dont fight me cause you'll lose the toss are not becoming for a board who is suppose to be inviting and open. Gue is in no position to defend himself as he has been warned before. If he even raises a hand in question to why you are doing whatever he gets slapped with the ban issue. This is not a pissing contest with the establishment but a real question as to why anyone should be openly insulted is such a fashion. What Gue did whether Marcus agree's or disagree's could have been handled without an out and out attack against him. If the thread is to be shut down shut it down but don't resort to insults.

Sanis Prent
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:42:00 PM
The issue of the thread you bring up was to discuss Red Dragon, which had just come out that night. Hence, pertinence.

The issue with this seems to be the general tone in which Gue's thread was closed, not so much as the fact it was closed. Perhaps it could be more gentle, but I can empathize, as Gue's button-pushing can drive one to pop off at the mouth.

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:42:24 PM
But it is ok to tell someone to "Frell off" and that's ok Mr. Fett?
I dont like the tone of your text Hobbit :)

What marcus has done and does repeatedly from what I've seen around on the board's is an "abuse of power." And the funny thing is, nobody really does anything about it...And if they do, they eventually give into his "petty excuses" on why he does what he dose...Ridiculous if you ask me...
PPOR

Maybe noone does anything because they dont see it as abuse? Or maybe the "give in" is actually............changing their views?

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:43:45 PM
If the thread is to be shut down shut it down but don't resort to insults.
ANd you didnt insult Marcus? I see a total lack of respect from your post.

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:49:42 PM
Resonsible and Respectful? My button pushing? Face it, you guys just dont like me, I know it, you know, lets just admit it here. If I knew I had any respect from ANY of you I might act a little more the way you and your little cliche would like me to act, but as that will never happen, Ill just RP with my friends, talk in OOC about things I enjoy regardless of wether your views on me determines my points to be spam or not, and have a generaly good time here at SWFans. Now if youd stop attacking me in your snide remarks, disrespectful tones, and blatent OOC cut downs I could get along with my day and you and your little cliche a of the popular can go on snubin who you please.

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:52:31 PM
... :rolleyes

your little cliche a of the popular

Oh PUH-Lease. Please: turn off that broken record.

Saul Mordeth
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:52:45 PM
Reaper where did I insult Marcus? BY QUESTIONING HIM? I think not are you the defender of the faith. I have no more to say and will wait for Marcus to defend himself as my point of view is one sided without him here to justify his actions.

rin
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:53:44 PM
Then if marcus has a problem popping off at the mouth then perhaps they need to get someone more qualified for the job...We all have a degree of temper, but marcus insult's for the position he hold's is a total joke!...If he want's to be serious and impartial, mature...Whatever the job in tail's as a MOD/ADDMEN, he's doing a hell of a poor job!

My suggestion to him is this,...Step away from the key board and take a long deep breath until he gets a real grip.

Makoto Neosis
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:55:15 PM
Originally posted by Sliff
Then if marcus has a problem popping off at the mouth then perhaps they need to get someone more qualified for the job...We all have a degree of temper, but marcus insult's for the position he hold's is a total joke!...If he want's to be serious and impartial, mature...Whatever the job in tail's as a MOD/ADDMEN, he's doing a hell of a poor job!

My suggestion to him is this,...Step away from the key board and take a long deep breath until he gets a real grip.

Are you running your acusations off that one particular thread?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:56:32 PM
I also agree that Marcus' closing of the thread could have been explained a little more clearly and with a less biting tone.

I agree with Sliff.

edit: I agreed with sliff about that ONE point, two wrongs don't make a right.

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:57:46 PM
you know, its only a broken record cuase its true, the popular people here can get away with whatever they want. Heck, a mod posted a word over in OOC that would have incited a temporary ban a few years ago here. I brought this to his attention and I got told to go away. Its like being back in the school yard sometimes

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:59:07 PM
If someone can call me a puppet of the Administration now, we can have a proper TF.N Communications thread. Teh Drama :)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:59:44 PM
Now if youd stop attacking me in your snide remarks, disrespectful tones, and blatent OOC cut downs I could get along with my day and you and your little cliche a of the popular can go on snubin who you please.Please do point me at this activity instead of making a broad and baseless accusation.
Heck, a mod posted a word over in OOC that would have incited a temporary ban a few years ago here. I brought this to his attention and I got told to go away. Its like being back in the school yard sometimesHow about I see his too?

Sanis Prent
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:59:47 PM
Gue. Thin Ice. Comprehend.

rin
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:00:04 PM
Or better yet Mr. Fett, maybe it's all summed up in two word's.

"Kiss A$$ :) And as for my tone, I guess you'll just have to deal with it huh?...lol Kick's Fett in the shin.

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:02:27 PM
Reaper where did I insult Marcus? BY QUESTIONING HIM?
By saying you should all frell off is using one instance to judge him. Hence, insulting.

Sliff, I asked you to PPOR. Post Proof or Retract.

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:03:28 PM
Ogre, I cant point it out, I contected a different mod when the one that posted it told me to go away, you want details ask Reaper, he was the only one kind enough to respond, and no, I dont think Reapers a puppet, he's good mod and I'll give him that.

Dont threaten me Charles

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:03:42 PM
And as for my tone, I guess you'll just have to deal with it huh?

Double-standards :)

Kiss A$$

That seems to be the term you use to designate anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion :|

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:08:22 PM
Kiss a** eh? There we go, we have a TF.N Comms thread now! Not only cant the argument be on one thing but instead on a grandose scale with no thread, but those who disagree are either butt kissers or puppets!

rin
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:09:24 PM
Ahh...Reread and you'll get your proof Mr. Fett and my point...I think I've quoted it like twice now...And the answer is NO to the guy who asked me if this was a response to the "Spam" thread...My response to both of you is this..."How marcus handle's his position of power." That is all, carry on...:)

Sanis Prent
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:10:13 PM
Dont threaten me Charles

Then recognize that your spamming and trolling have consequences attached to them. You don't want to be reminded of that, then start acting your age, and respecting the rules, instead of dancing around them. I'll treat you like a human being if you're willing to walk on 2 feet and act the part.

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:12:49 PM
Im not seeing a link that PROVES that this is any more than a one off. You want to say it? Fine. But back it up.

Saul Mordeth
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:16:09 PM
Reaper he said the words not I. So is it wrong for me voice my opinion that an admin should not tell people to frell off. Its not an insult to call someone on there actions nor is it a judgement call for how am I in any position to pass judgement. What he said was wrong explain how you can defend a wrong position. If a man murders and I call him a murderer am I then judging him? No Im calling it like it is. Judging represents condemnation (And no Im not calling Marcus a murderer) I have no authority over Marcus and cannot codemn him in any way. What is being said here is pointing out his vebal abuse that should not be done by a person in his position regardless of his personal feeling.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:18:19 PM
Yo Elena,

Certain cliche's have a strong and routine tendancy to agree upon issues, stick toghether you know. Get the facts.

rin
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:19:22 PM
General statement...lol And who ever it may apply to is an open guess and an expressed opinion. Don't take it personal Mr. Fett. :)

And Elana my dear...Get a clue. :) ::Pull's her hair::

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:22:32 PM
Yo Elena,

Certain cliche's have a strong and routine tendancy to agree upon issues, stick toghether you know. Get the facts.
I believe her point is that that is almost an authomated sentence in many posts of people who have things closed or are banned.

rin
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:24:12 PM
And yes Mr. Fett I have my "Proof" and I'm sure you've seen it over at the "Lost Jedi" board's, in the "rule's" when he told the Vamp's to "FOAD." Proof enough silly boy?...::Kick's him in the shin again.:: :)

Sanis Prent
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:24:19 PM
Leave it as a personal request to Marcus that his word choice in such actions should be re-evaluated. The rest of this flaming is not necessary nor is it appreciated at all. Don't continue to harp them. Lets keep this thread civil.

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:27:39 PM
And yes Mr. Fett I have my "Proof" and I'm sure you've seen it over at the "Lost Jedi" board's, in the "rule's" when he told the Vamp's to "FOAD." Proof enough silly boy?...::Kick's him in the shin again.::
It isnt GJO, so doesnt matter. He can do what he wants on HIS board, which TLJ is, basically

Sanis Prent
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:28:54 PM
Regarding what may or may not be mentioned at the Lost Jedi board or any other...that is neither here nor there, and has absolutely zero relevance to this topic. I could say that I am Hitler's lovechild and am going to shave an aardvark, and whatever reprocussions are due me, would not have any bearing at this board, because I'd said it over there. Thus, to make an inferrence into someone's actions elsewhere is not valid. That, and everybody's entitled to an opinion and such. The only thing required is that such things are put aside as a mod or admin, and matters dealt with professionally.

All things aside are irrelevant.

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:34:35 PM
How about the overbearing tone to this thread, abuse of power. I believe its a matter of over confidence thats leading certain people to believe that they can do whatever they please and get away with it. Ive got more than enough tact to not say name, but then again, they will more than likely reply to incrimenate who im talkin bout.

rin
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:37:47 PM
Oh but "his" action's are every much so the topic here, regardless of were marcus choose to demonstrate his poor choose of word's and action's matter's not...He does it...Plain and simple. Whether here or over there or anywhere else...It's all the same...And here at the GJO as a MOD/ADDMEN,...Well, I'm sure you get the point. :)

Sanis Prent
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:40:18 PM
It ONLY applies here, as the scope of his moderator duties lie here alone. Not even outside GJO and in the rest of swfans. Not at Meras. Not at hitlerlovechild.com, or whever. Only here.

Saul Mordeth
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:52:20 PM
Those statement where posted here in the gjo forum as his rules. So though his board is not here his rules are posted at swfans for all to see.

Sanis Prent
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:54:12 PM
Please provide a link. Did he state that these were now the GJO rules? Or did he simply transplant and show the rules for TLJ? There is a difference.

rin
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:54:50 PM
However you wanna paint it, however you wanna say it...It all boil's down to this...Marcus doing the same ole thing and getting away with it...You know it, and I know it Prett :)...Let history be the lesson here. The crap is very old and peep are sick of it as you know as well...MODD/ADDMEN privileges that have turned into an "Abusive Power" in the wrong hands!

Gurney Devries
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:57:10 PM
Can I mention something? Most of the people who are mentioning the "One-Sided" treatment of Gue here weren't around back when Itala was Marzullo was a regular here. Because this is exactly what went on with him.

Itala would consistently pull shenanigans of this sort... posting something, then editing it to try and look innocent, yelling "censorship" whenever a staff member was forced to close his thread, then finding a sympathetic ear to cry to and point fingers.

He's setting himself up to look persecuted and then running off to anyone who will listen and going "Look! Look how unfairly I'm being treated!". I'll wager dimes to dollars that the word "censorship" has come up more than once. It's the favorite last resort of someone who doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Sanis Prent
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:57:50 PM
There is no power abuse at issue here at all. Perhaps a bad word choice, but an abuse of power? No. If you don't like the language used (which I agree could be toned down), then simply request him to edit, that's all.

Makoto Neosis
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:58:08 PM
Sliff, prove your point through proof.

All I'm reading is acusations and no proof.

rin
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:58:39 PM
The "Rule's" there were "reedited" due to the fact that many at the Shine were highly offended as well as insulted by the statement...

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:01:59 PM
So he changed his stance. And thats it :)

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:03:25 PM
Gurney, know the facts before you acuse. I posted a comment on how the board seemed to be getting traveled more these days, what with 25 unregistered users veiwing portal alone. When I was accused of spaming I took steps to turn the thread relevant, Navaria took my intents to be insulting and closed the thread anyways.

Sanis Prent
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:03:59 PM
I re-iterate...were they rules stated for GJO? Or were they rules for TLJ that were simply posted here to be shown?

Gurney Devries
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:04:56 PM
If you're referring to the rules that are established over at The Lost Jedi... well, that's his board and he can do whatever he wants with it. I could establish a personal board, un-related to SWFans in any way and say "Ok, no one can roleplay here unless they're a purple, polka-dotted martian with a hangover". That's entirely my prerogative, as it is his. If he doesn't want to roleplay with people playing a certain kind of character, then no one is going to force him to.

rin
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:06:00 PM
It's like the old saying goes Mr. Fett,..."You can take the girl out of the country ,...But you can't take the country out of the girl."

Get it?...lol :)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:07:02 PM
Originally posted by General Hein
Gurney, know the facts before you acuse. I posted a comment on how the board seemed to be getting traveled more these days, what with 25 unregistered users veiwing portal alone.Would you find it funny to know that all 25 of those guests were nothing more than web spider bots from Google?

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:11:03 PM
no, cuase I can only guess what a spider bot is, a search engine feature that finds websites during a set cycle?

TheHolo.Net
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:12:08 PM
Yep, its not a living breathing person. I have two of them indexing Meras now.

Gurney Devries
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:16:02 PM
When I was accused of spaming I took steps to turn the thread relevant, Navaria took my intents to be insulting and closed the thread anyways.How about not posting those kinds of threads in the first place? From what I've seen, you've been warned about it numerous times in the past.

And the only thing I accused anyone of was not being around when Itala was. Because these kinds of threads popped up all the time before he got banned. If anything, I think the staff's only fault is in being too lenient towards this kind of behaviour. At any other messageboard, the admins and mods ban posters without a second thought. None of this "Oh, that's not fair" or "Oh, it's favortisim" nonsense. If the admin wants to ban a person, that's her decision, and it's not up for debate.

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:18:37 PM
actually, alot of us were around when Itala was, maybe like 2 of these people wernt. Then again, TMC is still out there, and now they got a board like ours...

Gurney Devries
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:23:26 PM
I don't believe the person who started this thread was. That's by no means supposed to a slam against that person. Only a statement that this has happened before, in the past.

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:30:40 PM
Then again, TMC is still out there, and now they got a board like ours...
Nah ah, they're hosted by CC.Net

Sanis Prent
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:31:39 PM
:lol that makes me giggle every time

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:40:37 PM
seriously? Last I heard after their global ban from Ezboard they moved onto a board like this

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:47:51 PM
CC.Net IS a board a bit like this, with people from both posting on both :)

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:49:36 PM
Ick, I just found their board, the EZ one was better

TheHolo.Net
Oct 6th, 2002, 04:04:24 PM
A quick point and you can continue ranting about TMC’s board or whatever.

If I really don’t like Gue as much as he says, then why was it that I was the one who actually lifted the previous banning he had earned himself by telling me to do so under threats of his saying I would have to if I didn’t do as he asked? If I was so power hungry and tyrannical as he and others would like to try and imply, why is it that even now he is able to speak his mind here?

Actions ring more truth than assumptions and proofless accusations.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2002, 04:06:08 PM
Fact: GJO is hosted by Swfans
Fact: GJO has their own mods and admins, separate from the rest of the board
Fact: Marcus is an Admin of GJO, not of Swfans.
Fact: Marcus has a personal board, which has absolutely no relevance to this discussion
Fact: He closed a thread
Fact: He told someone to frell off
Fact: Frell is not a real word
Fact: He had a bad day
Fact: Now everyone has a bad day because of THIS thread
Fact: This discussion is going no where
Fact: All I read are accusations and no proof.

Opinion: Get some solid proof or please, can we just drop this?

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 04:06:40 PM
Actually, when I refer to abuse of power and other such things, I refer to a select few, that does not include you, I appologize for the misconception. As for not liking me, im sure you dont. To what degree im not sure, but I know you dont like me

TheHolo.Net
Oct 6th, 2002, 04:08:13 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Opinion: Get some solid proof or please, can we just drop this?

Nupraptor
Oct 6th, 2002, 04:10:47 PM
To me, then? I hardly perform any administrative duties around here unless requested to. Yet I seem to get the same kind of stigma.

Xazor Elessar
Oct 6th, 2002, 04:19:01 PM
I agree that TLJ does not need to be brought up in this thread, it is an completely different organization all together. The rules posted are not for the GJO but only for TLJ. No where did Marcus ever state: This is what the members of GJO are to follow now.

He is an Admin of the GJO and is not 'ruling' it as others have stated. Several of the opinions here come from people who've only been around for a few months. That makes me sick because they are judging someone else, and making themselves look like an -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-, in the process.

To randomly start a thread that insults a respected member of the SWFans universe because of a decision that he made on terms that I agree with fully, then you need more help than anyone here can offer you. Gue and several others are walking on thin ice and I can see why Marcus closed his thread.

So moral of the story: Marcus and the other Moderators/Admins here will take care of things and if you have questions or complaints, PM someone about it....do not publicly post it here complaining about irrelevant things.

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 04:22:32 PM
i got no prob with you either Nup, not that I know of anyways

And cut the crap about the thin ice stuff, thats a blatant threat and I wont stand for it, if you cant take the critisim then I dont know what to tell you. Wrongs were made, im sure we can all agree to that, but there are greater wrongs here which have to be delt with.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2002, 04:25:50 PM
Xazor, using censored language in your post doesn't exactly help the situaion.

Xazor Elessar
Oct 6th, 2002, 04:33:33 PM
I have a freedom to speech.....or wait, has that been taken out of the Constitution???

And saying that Gue and others are on thin ice is not a threat, it's a fact and that is all I am going to say. Criticism....pfft, many accusations, and no truth. That doesn't sound like true criticism to me, so it'll go right in one ear and out the other. Don't waste your breath.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2002, 04:39:43 PM
Well, as you may or may not be aware, this board is an international place. So, the Constitution isn't really relevant.

I was only saying that someone using strong language was what got this thread made, so using it again in your rebuttal was probably not wise. Didn't tell you not to. *gets an icepack*

Xazor Elessar
Oct 6th, 2002, 04:47:12 PM
Sorry Lil, just having a bad day and then to come here and see this. It's pointless and stupid....this place is supposed to be a fun, a place to come and be happy. Others on here nitpick and try to ruin it for everyone else. Sorry.....*gets her an icepack*
:: huggles ::

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:04:06 PM
why is it a everyone can complain about me, but when I have a complaint I get dissed for it

Nupraptor
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:17:33 PM
Your users do not (well, should not) have any expectation of free speech on your forum. As a private entity or company, you are not bound by the freedom of speech clause on your own website. If you were to tell people they couldn't say anything about you in another publication, that's another issue, and you can't do that (unless it's slander/libel) but on your site there is no expectation of freedom of speech. No matter how much your users will say there is when you delete your first message.Furthermore, this is not America: This is the Internet. Not all of us enjoy the same freedoms and privileges that citizens of the United States do. Try using the "freedom of speech" argument against someone living in China and I think you'll see what I mean.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:34:52 PM
I would like to say that getting angry and yelling is no way to settle things. I would like to say that my feelings are hurt.

Marcus, Xazor, and a few others have all been upsetting me and my friends. I get complaints about Xazor's anger issues OOC and IC. I have threads that can prove that Xazor has a short temper, and then I can tell you about how they hurt my feelings. I can show you places where Marcus has been a little edgy and how I thought that Marcus was overrreacting. But I won't. Why? Because when it all boils down to it, I get a general feeling sometimes that if I went up to Xazor or Marcus and said to them,

"I feel like you were overreacting and that I was ill treated. You hurt my feelings, and I would like an apology,"

I would get chewed out even worse, and be feeling twice as bad. A lot of my friends do feel discriminated against by Council members, mods, and admins sometimes. I think Saul and Gue are justified in their expression of their feelings.

I see this thread as Saul and Gue's way of saying, "You hurt my feelings. I would like you to apologize."

Because they feel sometimes like someone is abusing their power, does not mean they have to prove it, I have learned from experience that if a person says such things about me, it pays to apologize and then be more considerate when dealing with that person. If you want an example, please feel free to ask.

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:39:46 PM
I would get chewed out even worse, and be feeling twice as bad. A lot of my friends do feel discriminated against by Council members, mods, and admins sometimes.
Council members. I remember that. "Post an opinion" Id say to a regular joe. course they wouldnt. Until the moment to moan arose....

Dont know if youre the same, Im remeniscing :)

I see this thread as Saul and Gue's way of saying, "You hurt my feelings. I would like you to apologize."
But it doesnt READ that way. No, to see Gue's thread closed SICKENS the person. It isnt an error or something they dont follow, it's ABUSE OF POWER.

Hence, all actual point can be lost, as a honest thread becomes a Mod-bashing session. Teh drama.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:40:43 PM
Ok first off to whoever said this thread is irrelevant. All I can say to that is PLEASE... Why is it when we do not agree with Marcus or another admin or a favorite if you will then what we have to say is irrelevant or a Spam thread. All I see in the ooc forums is Spam that is what they are there for. Yet what I notice if someone's opinion differs there thread is closed or they are threatened with banning.

Is this not a forum for people to just talk and say silly things it seems that way to me because almost every thread in here could be considered spamming. I also thought the swfans was a place for the people who post and yet I see that is we do not agree with the ones who call themselves the higher power then we mean nothing and our opinions are considered flaming or irrelevant. All it is IMHO is hypocrisy...

The Gue thread was no different from the one started in the ooc forum by Diego and yet Gue is called a spamer for his. I see threads started by many others in the ooc forums that are just plain silly and have only one word lines or talk about being bored or how many post counts they have. But that is supposed to be ok? But if someone like Gue or someone not liked posts one or states an opinion then they are threatened with banning or there thread is closed. To me that is called playing favorites. I see it happen a lot and I find it very discouraging. What is very upsetting is the use of flaming that Marcus is allowed to get away with ,had any one of us gone in and told one of you or told Marcus to frell off I am sure all heck would have been raised. That to me is a huge abuse of power.

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:43:33 PM
The Gue thread was no different from the one started in the ooc forum by Diego and yet Gue is called a spamer for his.
Did you read the above posts? Charley was referring to a film. Gue EDITED a thread into that. So no, they're not the same, are they?

What is very upsetting is the use of flaming that Marcus is allowed to get away with had any one of us gone in and told one of you or told Marcus to frell off I am sure all heck would have been raised
Prove it. Come on, money where your mouth is

Xazor Elessar
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:46:31 PM
I apologize Nup, I take for granted that I have that freedom and others do not. But I do think that I can say something if I want to, it's my own personal belief besides. So I am sorry for yelling at you Lil and for whatever else I did in that post.

Wei, your feelings may be hurt, yes, but others on here get their feelings hurt to. It's part of life. By saying those things, you sound immature.....young. And there is nothing wrong with that, perhaps you haven't seen how cruel the world is. If your boss at your job tells you that he didn't like the way you typed up a letter for him....or your college professor gives you an F on the report you spent hours writing, are you honestly going to go to that person and say, "My feelings are hurt.....I need you to apologize."? They would laugh in your face and make you feel twice as bad. So in more or less words: Deal with it, or you'll get no where in life.

I do not have an anger issue OOC, you have no proof of that so do not even go accusing me of such a thing. And IC it is part of Xazor's character development. You're making this sound like real life! This is a frelling board where people come and PRETEND! It's FAKE!

So if you want to cry, and others want to cry over a little decision that was made, be my guest. But don't cry to me when someday you make a decision that others don't like....because I'm sure you do that at least once in your day. Life is full of disappointments.....live with them for they're EVERYWHERE.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:48:04 PM
Can a person not speculate? Maia is talking about what MIGHT happen, not whas HAS happened. You can;t prove something that has not happened yet. I can't prove that on cloudy days it might be sprinkling on one person, and pouring down for the next, but I can guess. And if my guess is right, well what do you know?

Maia has made a guess as to what she thinks will happen. So, with her prediction in mind, let's all sit back and watch the forums over the next few months. Let's all watch our words and for at least TRY to get along. A little consideration goes a long way, and it can even avoid large arguments like this one.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:48:35 PM
Do you think us stupid Fett? We all know the truth here and what goes on so please do not insult my intellegence. And what i was talking about is where Gue auctioned off his char like Diego did and marcus came and treated Gue very bad...

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:49:55 PM
NO!

I do not accept that people can whine about people, and then use that excuse. If you cant back what you say up with facts, why bother?

You want to moan at Marcus? Use what you have, not what you think.

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:50:40 PM
Do you think us stupid Fett? We all know the truth here and what goes on so please do not insult my intellegence.
Oh really? Care to enlighten anyone who doesnt have your divine opinion oh great one?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:50:45 PM
good grief. the only thing I see that needs to be fixed is maybe a different choice of words on Marcus' part for the future. yeah, I think he coulda been a little less abrasive, but you know what? everyone of you has bad days; I've seen it. each and every one of you. hell, even me.

but, that being said, I still don't think that's an excuse.

and to start pointing fingers isn't going to solve anything, so I think what needs to be done here is to take note and make sure that this community understands that this place isn't about groups or cliches. true, I see certain people rp-ing more with eachother than most, but you know what, maybe it's cause they've found someone who they feel comfortable writing with? a lot of the times that's how it is with me, but that doesn't mean I limit myself to certain people. I'll rp with anyone who wants to; plain and simple.

I'm not a part of any cliche, I'll tell you that right now. and to say this place is made up of such isn't true. of course it's all in the eye of the beholder, so who am I to say any different?

common sense is what's needed right now. heated words are gonna just dig you deeper into a hole that you don't wanna be in.

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:52:09 PM
It's clique btw, not cliche I think

General Hein
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:52:49 PM
Xazor....
I do not have an anger issue OOC....

Funny, you have done almost nothing but yell at anyone OOC here that hasnt shared your opinion. If you dont have an anger issuie then please do stop. Its not helping the situation any.

this community understands that this place isn't about groups or cliches. true, I see certain people rp-ing more with eachother than most, but you know what, maybe it's cause they've found someone who they feel comfortable writing with? a lot of the times that's how it is with me, but that doesn't mean I limit myself to certain people. I'll rp with anyone who wants to; plain and simple.

True SIl, but your an exception, Im not gonna hold back, theres a clique of popular people, that have staff powers that are discriminatory to a few rp'rs. We all know it, we dont need threads to use as proof.

Taylor Millard
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:53:09 PM
Here here s'Il.

Xazor Elessar
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:54:14 PM
I agree with Fett.....if you have the facts, put them forth. If not, then keep your mouth shut because it's a mere opinionated speculation.

S'Il is right as well. No one here is a part of any group or what have you. Sure, I RP with a few specific people often because we're all comfortable with eachothers style of writing....but I DO have other characters and I DO roleplay with anyone willing to.

So to say that Marcus and myself as well as the Mods, Admins, and Council Members are a-holes in general.....that's taking it too far and making you look like the moron.

Dae Jinn
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:54:22 PM
*is glad she is leaving for the night*

I'd like to say, I find this whole thing very silly. If Gue wants an apology, he can PM Marcus. This is between those two, not the whole board.
I'd like to say, I have been RPing at Fans since 2000, and I have never seen ANY Mods/Admins ban a user without reason or close a thread with-out offering some warning to the person first.
Yes, Marcus should have been nicer when he closed the thread, but not everyone is going to be nice and happy all the time.
So, have fun arguing about this, I'm outtie :) Night all, please try to have a bit of fun while you're here :)

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:54:39 PM
Fett, I cannot agree with you. To ignore a person's feelings is wrong. Yes, maybe the excuses are a little more than stupid sounding, but How do you think Maia and the others feel?

It makes them feel bad. They feel bad, Reaperfett. They are sad and upset, and they have told you why. Can you not consider their sorrow, and at least ask them what they would like to see done to make them feel better?

Regardless of evidence, one should ask, "Supposing what this person says is true, what could be done to make a satisfactory change?" Once you have a general idea of a solution, then ask for evidence, and fine tune that solution.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:54:49 PM
<---baaaaad memory

and now bad spelling too :p

Xazor Elessar
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:55:58 PM
Xazor....
I do not have an anger issue OOC....

Funny, you have done almost nothing but yell at anyone OOC here that hasnt shared your opinion. If you dont have an anger issuie then please do stop. Its not helping the situation any.

Do not tell me what I should and should not do. Did I yell at anyone? No, I simply stated facts against others opinionated BS.

You know nothing of me IC or OOC so I suggest you get the facts before accusing. It's not a great way to win friends and influence enemies.

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:56:39 PM
A disagreement with the running of this forum

Just the other day Gue had a thread closed in here. I cannot see any reason why this was actually closed.

So, why was this done? Was there any reason?

Same opinion as post #1, without any fighting talk. No OTT posts would follow. None of Teh Drama. ANd know what else? You will be listened to more.

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:58:31 PM
It makes them feel bad. They feel bad, Reaperfett. They are sad and upset, and they have told you why. Can you not consider their sorrow, and at least ask them what they would like to see done to make them feel better?
Not if they word posts like that. If you want people to care, you dont post agressive. It's the unwritten rule. Want something doing? Be diplomatic.

And your post was btw :)

Sanis Prent
Oct 6th, 2002, 06:00:25 PM
The only issue that is of any real merit here is that the language used in that closed thread was possibly inappropriate. Therefore, simply PM Marcus, or get in touch with him in whatever manner you wish, and settle it. As for whatever else you are trying to accomplish here, I don't know.

rin
Oct 6th, 2002, 06:02:04 PM
Fett my man...Two word's...lol...Re-read Wei's post if your NOT getting the point. Or better yet, the whole entire thread if it's not clear to you man. One dose NOT have to prove anything to you or anyone here...Got it!...If someone was hurt by another's action's that should be enough. Or will we all start trying to pick Wie's mind now and say that he's being to sensitive, or perhaps he's tripp'en and making it all up?...I think not! This is not a betting arena either my friend, I would suggest you go to your local race track and place your bet's there...:) Comprehend bro?

Xazor Elessar
Oct 6th, 2002, 06:02:48 PM
I agree with Sanis. If anyone has a problem with the fact that the thread was closed, they should PM Marcus. If anyone has a problem with myself, Marcus or another Mod/Admin/Council Member, they should PM that person as well.

As for this thread, it is pointless now and I am going to close it to prevent anymore flaming or trolling. It's not worth it and it will only worsen the situation.

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2002, 06:04:17 PM
One dose NOT have to prove anything to you or anyone here...Got it!
Translation: I cannot argue, I must keep to my baseless accusations :)

Or will we all start trying to pick Wie's mind now and say that he's being to sensitive, or perhaps he's tripp'en and making it all up?
Why would I do that after saying his post was intellegent and diplomatic?

Evil Hobgoblin
Oct 7th, 2002, 12:22:13 PM
Okay!!!!

I may not be a Moderator anymore, but I am still a person who can offer suggestions. My suggestion to EVERYONE who reads this thread and then feels the need to post is this: WAIT 24 HOURS BEFORE DOING SO.

You might not be aware of how much damage an "off the cuff" response can contain, and those responses are all too common in the heat of emotion caused by a disagreeing post. To wait and think on what you want to say and how you want to say it is what I would do in this situation, and furthermore I would AVOID using inflammatory language. You might think it emphasizes how upset you feel, but how you feel is not the issue. The issue is the cause of your anger or unhappiness, and finding a resolution to that should be the focus of our energy.

Suggestions over accusations, positivity over anti-sentiment, will find a solution to the subject of this thread.

Okay. Hm. Well. Can anyone tell me what this thread was about? (Yes, I am kidding here. I know what the thread is about. ;) I read the first post, after all)

Edit: Wow, the thread's locked. I didn't even realize. Don't think my thread is stirring the pot or an attempt to resurrect this, though: take it as a suggestion for future reference.