PDA

View Full Version : A Taste of Hypocrisy

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 6th, 2002, 08:48:42 AM
<center>I saw a star beneath the stairs glowing through the melting walls.
Who will be the first to begin their fall?
Or will we become one?
Am I the star beneath the stairs?
Am I the ghost upon the stage?
Am I your anything?
I saw a star beneath the stairs glowing bright before descent,
and in the morning there is nothing left but what's inside of me.
And I don't want to die tonight, will you believe in me?
And I don't want to fall into the light.
Will you wish upon?
Will you walk upon me?
I don't want to die tonight.
Will you believe in me tonight?

***</center>
‘Red Dwarf’ had touched down what seemed like an age ago, yet Elena was still reluctant to move from the cockpit. In the captains seat she’d been sitting for nigh-on 25 minutes, staring down at the dashboard in front of her. It wasn’t that she was unable to move, it was just she was afraid to, afraid of what would come of her leaving the ship. The purpose of her being here was to visit Gitane, who she’d not seen in some time due to her activities with Diego – her father. Her father who she’d sworn loyalty to, and joined in a quest to literally rid the universe of force users, starting with Vega. This was what worried her. Gitane used the force, infact she used it excessively to an extent where it was virtually her main weapon in combat.

She sighed, stood up and turned, heading for the exit. Eyes on the floor, she paced out of the gunship and ran a hand back through her hair: heading for Gitane’s apartment.

With deliberately slow steps she made her way up to her door, and brought one hand up, knocking twice on it.

Gitane Blesse
Oct 6th, 2002, 09:10:02 AM
"Elena?" There was a hushed tone of surprise in her voice as Gitane opened the door. Although seeing the woman was a welcome relief, she hadn't expected her. The Falleen's first reaction was to throw her arms around her lover, but something held her back. Instead, she opened the door more and smiled tenderly to Elena, stepping aside to let her in.

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 6th, 2002, 09:17:22 AM
The not-so-warm welcome had been partially expected, so she stepped inside as if it hadn’t bothered her and tugged the door closed behind her. As she did, she took one of Gitane’s hands in hers and tugged it lightly as she pulled her lover in for a soft kiss.

“Hey you.”

Gitane Blesse
Oct 6th, 2002, 09:24:30 AM
Returning the kiss, Gitane slipped her arms around Elena's waist and grinned softly.

"Hey.."

She placed another kiss on her lips and let their foreheads lean together.

"Long time no see"

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:17:56 AM
Nuzzling her nose to Gitane’s, she momentarily forgot about the bad news she had to deliver, though was reminded of it quickly as she felt her force perception picking up on the dark aura that radiated from the demi-falleen that she held so protectively within her arms.

“Sorry I didn’t get in touch earlier… Had a lot of stuff to do,”

She smiled lightly, “How’ve you been?”

Gitane Blesse
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:21:13 AM
"I've gotten along."

She tilt her head lightly, looking at Elena's eyes. Her brow creased briefly before she lifted a hand to touch the Lupine's cheek.

"...What brought you back?"

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:50:36 AM
“Missed seeing you,”

She turned her head just a little to kiss the tip of one of the fingers that was touching her cheek.

“.. Plus I had some free time in-between business free, couldn’t think of a better way to spend it than with you.”

Gitane Blesse
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:52:30 AM
A warm smile played across her lips for a moment as Gitane watched her.

"Not that I'm complaining, but.. There's nothing else?"

The demi-Falleen pressed her lips to Elena's temple and draped her arm lightly over her shoulder.

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:55:02 AM
“Well…”

Her nose scrunched up a bit as she looked down away from Gitane. One arm withdrew from around her body as she urged her to follow across to the couch, to sit down. Not beating around the bush any longer, she came out with what she was thinking:

“… Do you really need the Force?”

Gitane Blesse
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:58:43 AM
Gitan frowned lightly as she followed Elena to sit down. She curled up and pressed her cheek to her knee, closing her eyes.

"Well..I know that upon several occassions.. If I didn't use it, I wouldn't be here right now."

A hand lifted to touch her armband as she slit her eyes open. The Force had been what kept Morrigan from killing her.

"..Why?"

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:01:24 AM
“Oh…”

She gave a distant nod.

“Do you think that maybe in the future you might not? I mean… that you might just stop using it?”

Gitane Blesse
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:03:51 AM
Gitane frowned again and crawled over to nestle against Elena's side.

"I'm not sure."

She hugged the woman briefly, brushing a kiss on her shoulder.

"What's this about, Elena?"

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:06:13 AM
Elena couldn’t bear to say that she’d joined the witch hunt for the force users, not yet at least.

“It’s just… father, he’s not really fond of Force users… infact the whole of the family hates them,” she said as she looked down, absently toying with the cuffs of her jacket.

Gitane Blesse
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:10:44 AM
Drawing back to sit on her knees, Gitane stared at Elena. She could feel her hands shaking as her stomach cramped with rising nervousness. Could she stop using the Force? She was so accustomed to using it on a daily basis, that it seemed like losing a limb or two.

"...Oh..."

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:14:56 AM
With a quiet sigh she leant in towards Gitane to nuzzle her nose to hers. Taking in a breath, she looked down and composed herself.

“There’s not… not anyway you won’t use it, is there?”

Gitane Blesse
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:17:40 AM
A slight sting of tears pricked at her eyes as Gitane looked to Elena. She pulled her into her arms and sighed quietly, leaning her cheek against the top of the woman's head.

"It's not that I won't... I don't think I can..."

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:19:02 AM
“You can, anyone can… I did!”

Her tone was fairly strained, if a bit aggressive, and betrayed the fact that she too was fighting back tears at the thought of loosing Gitane over this.

Gitane Blesse
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:23:42 AM
"...What happens if I don't..?"

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:25:58 AM
“Then… if my father ever meets you, he…”

She didn’t need to continue: Elena figured Gitane would have the idea by now.

Gitane Blesse
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:29:07 AM
Nodding slowly, Gitane pressed a deep kiss to Elena's lips and held her close.

"...And what about you? What would you do?"

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:32:50 AM
“Try and persuade him that you could help us?” she said, hoping it was a good enough answer.

Gitane Blesse
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:35:12 AM
Gitane smiled faintly and kissed Elena's cheek, gently rubbing her back.

"I'll try..."

She closed her eyes and nuzzled Elena lightly, whispering into her ear, "I love you."

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:44:01 PM
“Love you too,”

She smiled, relieved that Gitane would at least try to cease her dabbling in the dark side. If she could pull herself away from it, then they could still be together and work for the cause – hopefully – which her father had set out. Elena slipped one hand into Gitane’s, interlocking their fingers.

“Hmm, hey.. you could come work at the sector rangers if you managed to get off of the force,” she said, talking about the dark side as if it were some drug.

Gitane Blesse
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:46:31 PM
"Sector rangers..?" Gitane blinked, tilting her head in curiosity as she let her thumb rub lightly against the back of Elena's hand.

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:55:15 PM
“Steal things, kill people and get paid for it!” she chimed in reply, with a grin.

Gitane Blesse
Oct 7th, 2002, 11:02:38 AM
Reflecting the grin, Gitane kissed her lover full on the lips. "Sounds like my kind of place.."

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 7th, 2002, 11:07:50 AM
“Well yay then,”

Elena poked her tongue out at Gi playfully and smiled.

“Now all I need is for you to meet Diego and we’re set,” she added with a nod

Gitane Blesse
Oct 7th, 2002, 11:13:28 AM
Keeping her grin for a moment, Gitane let out an exagreated sigh and sank back against the couch, tugging Elena with her.

"Meeting the family.. Every lover's nightmare."

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:30:34 AM
“Oh come on, Daddy is nice!”

Elena again stuck out her tongue, and giggled at the thought of her father meeting with Gitane.

“Maybe I will get in touch with him a little later on, after we’ve caught up,” she laughed.