PDA

View Full Version : Boo Scotty!!!

Lann Kirauc
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:58:53 AM
With this holiday approaching I thought I would offer alittle factoid on a popular slasher-flick legend that would become so synonymous with the Halloween season Box-Office. I am speaking of Michael Myers from John Carpenter's horror hit, Halloween. Well it actually concerns his 'face' which happens to be an altered Captian Kirk mask!

:lol

Dae Jinn
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:22:37 AM
That was a horrible movie......:lol The best part was 5 mins at the begining

Gabran Darkysa
Oct 7th, 2002, 12:53:00 AM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
That was a horrible movie......:lol The best part was 5 mins at the begining

Don't let Buff know that! ;) Just j/k Buff. However Halloween is a superior quality of horror film-making when compared to it's contemporaries.

Halloween remains one of the best slasher movies ever made within it's respectful genre. All the others rank pitiful third rate such as Ft13; NoES (1st one is hilarious :lol ); Scream; Urban Legend; and IKWYDLS. This is largely in part because of John Carpenter. I love John Carpenter movies because if anything they are always entertaining.

Anyways, I would have never guessed they used ordinary consumer-market latex mask of Captain Kirk for the movie, painting and dying it, instead of having the F/X crew custom design one. Learn something new everyday.

:: me thinks I am overly enthused in the holiday cheer ::

Darth23
Oct 7th, 2002, 07:06:49 AM
The first Halloween movie is the onlt decent slasher movie I've even seen.

darth_mcbain
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:12:01 AM
I love Halloween. For its time it was a great flick, and I still love popping it in around this time of year.

Gurney Devries
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:17:31 AM
I actually like the first Scream movie for it's humor. That, and the fact that it played out more like a "Whodunit" than a slasher flick. Unfortunately, it seemed to have spawned a whole slew of teen slasher flicks after it's released. :x

As for good horror movies: My favorite will probably always be The Thing - also directed by John Carpenter. While not exactly scary, the movie did an excellent job of inducing a feeling of paranoia, and I think it can easily stand up against any modern horror movie.

BUFFJEDI
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:44:19 PM
Don't let Buff know that! Just j/k Buff :D :D

I love love love the Halloween series.I really feel that 1 ,2,4 are what Horror movies are about. The suspense the perfect killer. Michael Myers is truely one of the great's. But Although liked it they could have done better on H8, but I guess great things have to come to an end:cry . What I really liked about 1,2,4 is that they did not Hollywood them . They kept them more on the Indy type films. And Like Mcbain I too pop (all of them) in from time to time all year round.

Halloween's in greatest order

BUFFJEDI
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:46:09 PM
Oh yeah forgot :headbash :headbash :spank :darkangel to Dae Jinn;)

Gabran Darkysa
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:57:50 PM
Yeah, my favorite Halloween flick is the original one John Carpenter directed.

The original Nightmare on Elm Street directed by Wes Craven is so atrocious and is only great for laughs. Subsequent ones are just as forgettable.

Friday 13th movies are shallow second-rate gorefests with an all too redundant theme... and that is... a heroine survives and runs into everyone and their mother's corpses. sheesh... lol

As far as the new slasher flicks go, I don't like any of them. They are sooo generation X and rather typical. However the first Scream was pretty decent.

Generally slasher flicks turn me off but Michael Myers and Dr. Loomis rule IMHO! Love the Halloween score too! ;)

Oh yeah, The Thing is also one of my favorite horror movies of all time. Ranks up there with the Evil Dead series.

Arya Ravenwing
Oct 7th, 2002, 10:51:42 PM
I knew it was a Kirk mask. I'm just cool like that. ;)

OH, and I've never seen any of those movies mentioned, except for INWYDLS (thought Jennifer Love Hewitt was going to pop out of her tank top a few times...SCARY!!) and the Scream movies.

Number 3 was unrealistic ;) Sorry, can't believe a happily ever after for Syndey. I'd be a raving lunatic if all that happened to ME.

Quadinaros
Oct 8th, 2002, 12:17:15 AM
Tis the season. :smokin

I just watched Halloween 4 on Saturday night. And I watched the original about a week ago. I picked up the DVD at KMart for $12.99. :evil

I agree with Buff that 1,2,4 are the best. But I still think 1 is leaps and bounds above all the other ones.

Ishiva Ruell
Oct 8th, 2002, 12:27:40 AM
Yes, I am going to have a Halloween marathon in my home this month soon. Best slasher flicks ever made. And in memory of the late Donald Pleasance.;)

I forgot to mention Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Chucky in my last post. :\