PDA

View Full Version : A New Order

Salemn Lysce
Oct 5th, 2002, 11:42:56 AM
After their little encouter, (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23411) Salemn docked Red Dragon on the landing pad and grabbed the clutch, pulling it down so the ramp would fold out. After she stood up, she began to make her way through the ship, glancing at the deactivated droid propped up against the wall. After exiting the ship, she waited for Fox to come out with his belongings, and then the ramp closed up after him with the ship automatically locking up.

A large, impressive building loomed a little ways ahead of them, and Salemn began to walk towards it. Knowing that Fox was following, she finally came upon the building's double doors and opened them, entering.

< This, obviously, is the Recruitment Center. >

She doubted if he could hear her, even in his head, because of all the people and aliens bustling about inside. Their loud talking mixed together sounded like an angry hive of bees who's Queen had been disturbed.

Xazor Elessar
Oct 5th, 2002, 12:09:22 PM
A dark figure paced the perimeter of the inside of the Jedi Recruitment Center, keeping her eyes upon all who entered. Her red robes moved gently behind her and the waist length Garou Warrior Braids in her blonde hair, clanged together softly for the golden coins that were woven into them. She had just finished accepting another into the Order and was now awaiting the arrival of more. Soon she saw her young friend, Salemn Lysce, enter with another following behind her. Smiling, she walked through the masses of people and made her way to the young woman. Bowing to her and the other, the Knight grinned to expose her elongated canines. They gleamed in the light as did the silver specks in her deep blue eyes.

"Greetings Salemn...and to you newcomer. What is it that you seek here this day, dear friend?"

She questioned her fellow Knight, eyeing the one behind her. Perhaps it was a Jedi hopeful...or someone who needed care or shelter. At the moment, Xazor did not know and waited for Salemn to tell her. As she stood there, the Garou clasped her hands before her weapons belt which held her saber and various other weapons......and upon her back was a silver sword and on her thighs, two blasters. A large rail gun rested upon her right hip as well and she looked like the Warrior she was. Though a bit intimidating, she was warm and friendly and loved greeting those that entered through the large doors of the Recruitment Center. She only hoped that she would have the pleasure of speaking to this stranger that Salemn had brought with her......

Kurzen Fox
Oct 5th, 2002, 12:10:37 PM
I followed Salemn obediently, forgetting that C7 was stowed away on the ‘Red Dragon’ still, and looked on at the Recruitment Center in wonderment. To take in everything that was here, simply in the admissions office, would take an age. It was more modern than I had expected it to be, yet still held an air of antiquity that I would usual attribute to such noble sounding people. It dawned on me, at this point, as I let my satchel fall from my shoulder that my new found friend appeared to know a lot about this place. Perhaps she was a Jedi too? That would explain the lavish ship she owned and her unusual abilities.

“…Hey!”

My speech was cut short as a tall green-skinned figure ploughed into me, pushing through the crowd. I quickly weaved and ducked through the people to find Salemn again, planting a hand firmly down on her shoulder so that I didn’t loose her again.

“Who do I need to talk to about joining?”

I heard another voice speak, as the crowds seem to part before me. Those who had been jostling about in the area appeared to stop as a woman in grandiose crimson robes swept across the highly-polished floor, the light tinkle of metal tapping together floating on the air. I watched her, enchanted for a moment, before speaking, to address her:

“Hello, miss… I, uh… I’m here to join the Order and learn the ways of the Jedi!”

Xazor Elessar
Oct 5th, 2002, 12:27:41 PM
Xazor smiled brightly at the enthusiastic young man that had taken the chance and spoke. She smiled as others stopped and looked on for a moment, and then slowly drifted away to do their own bidding. It was always something, for some reason unknown to Xazor, when she greeted a new Jedi hopeful. Others stopped and watched even today...though she never did anything new or different. She shook her head gently as a little girl ran before her, bowed quickly, and then ran off, still keeping her eyes on the Knight as she ran. Xazor blushed slightly and turned to face the newcomer, and she bowed once again as she gathered her thoughts.

"Greetings young one. I am Warrior Jedi Knight and Council Member, Xazor Dawnstrider. You seek the Jedi this day, and I see that Knight Salemn has brought you here......"

She said softly, keeping her eyes fixed upon him. The woman bore a soft smile to let him know that she was indeed kind and willing to hear him out. Hopefully he would tell her about himself...and his purpose for being here. And hopefully.....he would become a Jedi and bring honor to the Order with all that he was capable of accomplishing in his life....

Kurzen Fox
Oct 5th, 2002, 12:36:30 PM
Warrior Jedi Knight and Council Member; such titles, they only reinforced my thoughts that this was an extravagant place. It seemed the custom, or at least from what I had seen others doing, to bow to the woman. Therefore, without hesitation, I held one gloved hand against my chest and bowed deeply. Then looking back up, I flashed a quick smile to Knight Salemn. Wait… Knight Salemn? This meant that this Xazor was the same rank as Salemn, and therefore his friend too could be a member of the Council of Jedi!

“That’s right, Salemn helped me get to Coruscant,” I said, finally pulling my thoughts together whilst noting how cheery and happy everyone around the area looked. Following suite with Miss Dawnstrider, I smiled broadly to her.

“I’m Kurzen Fox. I came here from the planet Lianna… my friend, he told me about this place and that you help people. I can’t help out the people from my home anymore, but I figure that shouldn’t stop me helping others.”

Pausing, I fished into my satchel and retrieved the lightsaber hilt I’d been given by Hakob.

“He told me this would be useful?”

Salemn Lysce
Oct 5th, 2002, 01:25:56 PM
< Ah, Lady Dawnstrider. I've brought someone here to join the Order. >

Salemn smiled at her fellow Knight - who, as always, was dressed in beautiful red robes. She herself was dressed in the usual - the traditional brown robes. Turning around to face Fox, who had withdrawn his hand from her shoulder, she took a step back. He had pulled out a lightsabre hilt and asked if it were useful, and her smile grew slightly bigger. However, she would let Xazor do the speaking from now.

Xazor Elessar
Oct 11th, 2002, 06:13:49 PM
Xazor smiled gently and took the Lightsaber from Fox's hands as he pulled it from his satchel. Examining it for a moment, Xazor smiled with a satisfied look upon her face, and placed the weapon back in his hands.

"Yes indeed.....that is the weapon of a Force user. It should be quite useful to you....though it will never solve your problems in a situation....it is only an aid."

Pausing for a moment, the Knight adjusted her stance and eyed him curiously. Everyone that came here made it sound so easy.....they wanted to help people and bring peace to the Galaxy. He would be in for quite a surprise once he found out that it was not one big bowl of Namanas. Sighing, Xazor kept her eyes fixed on Fox's as she gathered her thoughts.

"You were willing enough to come here....but will be finish what you begin? This life is not easy by any means. You will train and work extremely hard....and for no reward.....no money, nothing. Many will hate you and hunt you, yet you will feel needed by all. Sad but true, the people of this Universe take and take without giving one bit. But that is what sets us apart....we give without taking. Is this what you want? Is this the path you wish to follow?"

Her intent was not to scare him, but inform him. So many came in blinde and then they left....only to be scorned by others for a foolish mistake. The Knight did not want to see this happen again.....she would make sure it didn't happen again...

Kurzen Fox
Oct 12th, 2002, 04:51:38 AM
I gave a firm nod. I had never been so sure of anything in my life.

“I want to help the people of this universe, to shall them what a real life can be life, free from tyranny and oppression.”

Xazor Elessar
Oct 20th, 2002, 04:23:15 PM
ooc: Whoa.....thought this was done.......maybe I dreamed I replied. :( Sowie.....sowie........

ic:

Xazor smiled gently and nodded, then bowed to Fox.

"Very well then....I grant you admission to the Greater Jedi Order. Welcome young Padawan.....you shall learn much here and you shall accomplish your goals and dreams. As for a Master, one shall be assigned to you shortly. May the Force protect you and guide you down this difficult path...."

She said softly, and bowed once again to the new Jedi. It was always good to have a new life be brought into the Order. The suns shined brightly down upon him this day....they truly did.

Kurzen Fox
Oct 21st, 2002, 02:28:31 AM
[ OOC: Don’t worry about it. I know you’ve been busy. ]

I instantly punched one fist into the air and grinned, showing off once more the salute that was becoming my reoccurring victory signal.

“Excellent!”

With another salute, this time two fingers against my temper like an army cadet, I nodded my head to the woman in red and then to Salemn before jogging off out of there.