PDA

View Full Version : Training begins..(Rognan closed)

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 5th, 2002, 02:59:15 AM
Maia sat in the training area awaiting her new padawan. She wanted to let him choose what they would do. She had brought a saber for him to train with if he chose saber fighting. They had a long way to go and she always liked her padawans to feel at ease.

The most important thing a padawan needed to learn was patience and she taught that to them in small quiet ways. As she taught many other things. All of her students held a special place in her heart and always would. All she could hope for is that she had done the best she could to give them the strength they would need to stay true to what a Jedi was...

Rognan Dar
Oct 5th, 2002, 07:14:37 PM
Rognan was getting ready to meet Maia in the training area, he was about to leave when his wevicat grabed his foot in her mouth. Turning around and looking her in the face could tell that she didn't want me to go, or that she wanted to go to. "Sorry Yarden, I need to go and meet someone and I dont think they let in pets, sorry." But that didn't change her mind, she kept hold of his foot and wasn't thinking of letting it go. "Ok, you can come but..you do what I say, if you dont your going to come back here and wait." He said sturnly, letting the cat know who was bose.

They made there way to the training grounds and looked for Maia, Yarden was looking at everyone and grawling at some to, that was just the way she was. Finaly they came to the spot that Maia was waiting at. "Sorry im late but my wevicat insisted that she came along, I hope thats ok?" He said butting a hand around Yardens neck.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:36:36 PM
Maia turned to her new Padawan with a smile. "Of course it is ok. I would have brought my Ari but he hurt his wing the other day catching some feisty prey. I have always found the company of animals to be comforting. Please have a seat so we can talk for a bit."

Maia sat and studied Rognan's face. A pure sense of peace glowed in her eyes. "Now usually I just start a training session with what ever strikes my fancy but this time I would like you to pick. Would you like to learn about the force and what it means to be a Jedi or would you prefer me to teach you some saber fighting? What ever you choose will be fine with me."

Rognan Dar
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:00:16 PM
Rognan sat dwon still holding Yardens neck. "Well, I think I should warn you now that Yarden is really protective and jeolos, so dont get to close to me unless you need to." He said with a faint smile that could hardly be seem.

Rognan thought about what he wanted to do first, he didn't like makeing choses much but he had to make a one. "Lets start with...the Force."

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 9th, 2002, 12:11:44 AM
Maia nodded and eyes the beautiful animal. "That is understandable my Ari is somewhat protective to. Well, a saber fight I take it would be unwise in his presence anyway. So to begin the force. It is a different feeling for each of us when we embrace its power letting it become a part of us and becoming a part of it. For me its like a sweet breeze blowing gently over me as if I am flying. For some its like a warm bath. The force is in everything around us, it is a power we alone cannot contain. It should never be used foolishly and we should always take into consideration of other when we use it." Maia paused for a second..

Looking over to a small rock she called on the force to bring it to her hand. "This small rock I called to me is no different from the large rock over there I can as will you in time be able to lift it with ease through the force."Maia lifted the huge rock and brought it to rest by there legs.

"The force can always be a wonderful ally as long as you do not misuse it. Always remember to remain calm within the force. Do not let emotion or anger take you over in the heat of any battle. It is the path to the darkside. There may come a time when you will face an enemy in battle and they will try to bait you to anger, but you must remember the teachings of the Jedi." With the Maia recited the Jedi code.

"Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy. Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect, never to attack others.
Jedi respect all life, in any form. Jedi serve others, rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training." Remember this Rog and take it to heart, it is there to help you in all ways...

Rognan Dar
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:04:51 PM
Rognan was listening to Maia and when she quoted the Jedi codehe payed extra etention. When she was gone he tried to say them back in his head but couldn't, not the first time he heared it that is. He normaly is a fast learner at almost everything.

There was somethings in the code that he didn't understand, "Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy." He said mimicing her voice, because he was Lorrdian. "But how can one be the protector of the peace in the galaxy if the galaxy is so big? how can one person be everywere?" Rognan said confused.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 17th, 2002, 11:17:58 AM
"We can't be everywhere Rog but we can help where we are needed. We have a responsibility to that but we also need to remember that we have limitations also. Help where you can. The most important thing to remember is be kind, no matter who you face never let anger or fear take you over, it is the path to the darkside." Maia gently explained.

"There will be times when you do everything in your power to help and you will fail. But even if you fail the fact that you tried is enough. If you find yourself in a situation you can't handle all you need t do is cal on me or ay Jedi for that matter. It is what we are here for."

Rognan Dar
Oct 17th, 2002, 05:31:02 PM
Rognan listend to every word that Maia said and thought about it till thinking of something else he wanted to ask. "Jedi respect all life, in any form? and Jedi serve others?" He understood the last part, serving others before you serve yourself was the way he was rased. But being a Jedi there would be a lot more people to serve.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 19th, 2002, 10:20:18 AM
"We respect all life yes. It is our duty to protect others. Even the not so nice if they have need." Maia was enjoying the questions her Padawan asked. It showed he cared about what he was learning and wanted to understand before just jumping in.

"What do you feel the Jedi are Rog. What do you expect from your experience here?"

Rognan Dar
Oct 22nd, 2002, 03:19:32 PM
Rognan was not expecting this question, it was one of those questions that you could think of somthing that sounded good but not sure if it was the anwser.

"I think that the Jedi are the protecters of the galaxy, and with this experience I would like to serve and protect others." He said.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 23rd, 2002, 11:01:06 AM
Maia nodded at his answer and smiled. It is good you wish to protect others. It is what we must do. But what it is that drew you to it?" Maia thought back to when she had arrived and how her answer had been almost the same as his. But inside she had been drawn to the need to be accepted, and most importantly to make up for what her family was.

She knew she was not to blame for them being darksiders but he guilt lay heavy on her heart anyway. It was her need to save them that drove her.

"Everyone has a reason Rog, be it personal or not. When I arrived I wanted to atone for my family and save them in some way. I realize now that no matter what I do it is their choice to do what they want. All I can do is be the best Jedi I can. Though I will always strive for my hopes. So it comes full circle Rog. We cannot always protect everyone, nor can we save everyone. All we can do is try. I don't want you to become discouraged if you fail. It is a part of life. What you need to remember is to go into this with a peaceful mind and heart. Never in anger or fear. Life offers very little to us Jedi but it is what we make of it that counts.."

Rognan Dar
Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:29:57 PM
Rognan nodded his head a few times lokking at the floor thinking.

The reason that he came was to find someone that was somewhat like him, haveing powers, that he could interact with. Coming here he found lots of people like him, he felt exepted here, he finaly found a home.

"I will try not to be discouraged in my mistaks but learn from them, as you said it is a part of life. Peaceful mind and heart, I think I can do that. Whats wrong with anger and fear, thoughs are normal actions of a human, one cant just get rid of a emotion, its born in us. How would one do this?" Rognan said thinking that he asked a good learning question for himself to grow in the Force.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 27th, 2002, 10:56:48 AM
"It's true they are very natural emotions but they can be a downfall in battle. As a Jedi you must learn to control these emotions so they do not lead you to the darkside. Giving into them will hinder you more than you know. When you begin to use the Force Rog, you will need to calm your emotions." Maia explained.

"The dark and the light though vastly different are only a step away from each other. To le yourself become angry to the point of destroying your foe is a darkside act. It is what all darksiders want from a Jedi. They will taunt you and goad you to become angry. But it is you that must remember not to fall for it. That is why you must learn to control and to not give in."

Rognan Dar
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:27:27 PM
Rognan thought about this for a a long time thinking it over and over again, lost in thought untill he felt a tug on the collar that was around Yardens neck, and looked back at Maia.

"I think I understand, but I still dont see how that could change anything. Sure, when you get mad you dont think straight. But, oh I just dont know." Rognan said looking back at the floor in thought.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 30th, 2002, 01:46:59 PM
"It is just as you said Rog, you don't think straight. Your mind dims and losses its ability to rationalize. That is when the darkside will seep in and take the light from you. It will hinder you and in the long run you will lose the battle because anger and fear will take your ability to do what's right. As Jedi we must always try to do what's right. Though we may falter and make some wrong decisions we have to strive for perfection. Giving into our baser emotions at a crucial time will lead to destruction." She said softly thinking back to when she had altered and given in.

"We are all susceptible to the darkside. Each one of us must fight it off. But in time it will become second nature to you. You will find yourself pushing emotion back and letting the light guide you."

Rognan Dar
Nov 1st, 2002, 08:19:25 PM
"Strive for perfection?" Rognan said mimicing Maia's voice. "But no one is perfect, no one can be perfect so why try. We could think that we are perfect but that would not be true, so why even try?" He said wanting to change the subject, thinking that he might have said somthing wrong.

"Are there any people that aren't on the light side or dark that use the Force?"

Maia Tharrinn
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:28:00 PM
"It's true Rog no one can be perfect but one must always strive for it. I have heard of a few factions that say they are dark Jedi and some others that that I think border of using both. But in my eyes any use of the darkside will always dim the lightside until it is no more. There is no gray area Rog only the light and the dark. She gently explained.

Rognan Dar
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:32:05 PM
"Ok, that makes sence, but couldn't the light also overcome the dark?" He said thinking about it. "If the dark is stronger the the light, then what if the light was stronger then the dark?"

Maia Tharrinn
Nov 9th, 2002, 11:05:05 AM
"It depends on the heart of the person. Being lost to the darkness is a hard thing to overcome. It can be done and yes the light can be more powerful. That is why it is best for a Jedi to control there emotions and to not let the dark rule you." Maia explained.

Rognan Dar
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:47:56 PM
"I see, its better to be one then the other, but how does emotions change what side your on?" Rognan said trying to put the big picture together.