PDA

View Full Version : Lookin' to train.

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 5th, 2002, 12:58:56 AM
An older man walks onto the Jedi training grounds, carrying a tall, slightly curved staff with two short handles jutting out horizontally from its sides. He surveys the area.

"Wonder if I can find someone to work out with. I'm a bit rusty after all this time..."

Estelle Russard
Oct 6th, 2002, 07:13:20 PM
"Is it your custom to speak aloud to yourself, Sir?"

Estelle smiled, her eyes lending kindness to her words.

"A girl could find many a secret out if this is so."

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 6th, 2002, 08:47:05 PM
He turns toward the woman, tipping his hat. A half-smile curls his lips as he bows slightly.

"Well, ma'am, I have been known to think out loud. Just a habit, I guess. But then again, my voice has always been kinda potent. I say a word or two, and then things just happen. Don't know why. Was kinda hopin' you did."

Estelle Russard
Oct 6th, 2002, 11:24:03 PM
"I'm afraid I couldnt really say. Not just off the cuff like that. Who knows..." she smiled "...maybe you're gifted with the gab?"

She stepped forward, extending her hand.

"My name is Estelle. You are new to the Order I believe."

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:42:24 PM
The man bows once more and takes her hand.

"Names Ezekiel. Ezekiel Frost. Pleasure to meet ya, ma'am. And maybe I am gifted, as you say. Let me show you."

Ezekiel takes his staff and tosses it several feet away. He reaches toward it and speaks. "Staff, come to my hand!" His voice takes on a hollow, resonating sound when he commands his staff. It's as if his voice doubles, two voices speaking at once. The staff flies back to his hand quickly, but with little apparent control.

"Ya see? Only works when I talk to it, though. Course, I can talk to people too. Not sure how this will work on you... seems to affect everyone differently." He focuses his gaze on the woman, and again speaks with an odd resonance in his voice. "You're tired... very tired. Your eyes are getting heavy. You'd like to sleep. Go on... lay down now, and rest."

Estelle Russard
Oct 8th, 2002, 12:24:37 AM
Estelle blinked at him, after having ducked to avoid the end of the staff as it was recalled back to Ezekiel. He certainly was a different fellow than she had encountered before. She didnt feel sleepy at all, but the nuance of his voice seemed to contain within it a certain persuasion. And that she sensed immediately.

"What is your background Mr. Frost?"

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:11:29 PM
Ezekiel leans on his staff as he recalls his past.

"Well, I been a farmer most of my life. Not too much happened... had a wife, a son... until about a year ago. Some men in white armor came by and wanted food. Not a problem, usually, but they decided to take all of it. I didn't take a likin' to this, so I tried to stop 'em. They beat me until I passed out. When I woke up, my house was burned to ashes. My wife and kid were inside.

So you see... I'm out to make sure there's a reckoning."

Estelle Russard
Oct 9th, 2002, 10:44:31 PM
"Thats a sad story, Mr. Frost. I'm sorry about your family."

There was genuine sympathy in her voice. So many wrongs that no amount of justice could ever really put right. Estelle thought these things, but didnt voice them. She would not even try to think she knew how it felt to loose loved ones in such a manner. Ones so innocent. It broke the heart to hear it. To feel the hurt that was so apparent in the man before her.

"And its this why you have come to the Order?"

Mr Dust
Oct 9th, 2002, 10:49:42 PM
EDIT: Admins, please delete.

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 9th, 2002, 10:56:28 PM
"Yup. That about covers it. I figure, if I can stop this from happening again, well, it ain't right for me not to, now is it? I wanna do everything I can to try to make things right. And to let the people who do this know that they can't get away with it."

Estelle Russard
Oct 9th, 2002, 11:13:48 PM
"Tell me, why the Jedi Order? And not, say the New Republic forces?"

Estelle was curious as to what exactly Ezekial wanted to do, and how he wished to achieve it.

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 10th, 2002, 05:39:35 PM
The man ponders once more.

"Well... I never gave much thought to it, honestly. It just seemed right. Not to mention, if I can hone my abilites, I'd be able to just tell bad men to stop. So much easier than using this."

He stamps his staff on the ground. A curved metal bar about 2 feet long flicks out from the top of the staff, stopping perpendicualar to the staff. A hum is heard, and a scythe blade appears, created from plasma and a magnetic field, similar to a lightsaber.

Estelle Russard
Oct 11th, 2002, 08:46:22 PM
"That is quite the weapon" she admired. "Very unique"

Alot of things about this fellow were proving unique.

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:33:25 PM
He looks at the sythe.

"What, this? Nahh... where I come from, this is just a tool. Use it to harvest grain. Course, if you need to scare off a wolf or bandit, it comes in right handy. I'm probably too old to learn how to use one of those sabers you use. Anyway, I comfortable with this."

Estelle Russard
Oct 14th, 2002, 12:08:33 AM
"It is good to go with what is comfortable and familiar. But Im sure you could learn anything you set your mind to. Farmer-types are just that way." She knew. Coming from a small farming community herself, Estelle knew they could be a most stubborn and determined breed.

"Have you been assigned a Master since coming to the order, Mr. Frost?"

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 14th, 2002, 03:37:19 PM
"Well, no ma'am, I haven't. They said they'd pair me up with one soon enough, though."

Estelle Russard
Oct 14th, 2002, 09:55:49 PM
"Yes, we have many that are seeking to learn. It is a good problem to have. Im certain it will be no time at all, before you are assigned a teacher."

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 15th, 2002, 10:19:35 PM
"Well, I'm glad. Until then, is there anything you could show me? I wouldn't mind a stretch or two. Haven't used this thing in a while."

He swings the scythe in a slow arc, getting the feel of the weapon.

"Course, it outta come back to me right quick."

Estelle Russard
Oct 17th, 2002, 05:24:33 PM
Her eyes dropped once more to the scythe held by Ezekiel, and then returned back to his face.

She smiled ruefully.

"Alright, Im game if you are."

The Jedi Knight crossed over to the wall, selecting from a rack of miscellaneous weapons and took a simple solid looking fighting stick from where it was suspended by two hooks.

"Ive been practicing with this a little - and should practice some more."

She took a step back, holding one foot spaced a part and infront of the other at a slight angle.

"Shall we?"

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 17th, 2002, 10:35:06 PM
Jackson sat, across the training area, on a bench. He worked with an oily rag, polishing up a row of training sabers and other equipment that people used to train with. As he did so, his eyes moved upward to a very familiar sound, and he suddenly seased his work...watching the upcoming spar with a child's wonder.

Estelle Russard
Oct 19th, 2002, 12:43:58 AM
Estelle had seen Jackson when she had reached for her weapon from the wall. He was so eager and even now she could see the wonder of all that he had the chance of being exposed to here at the Order, creeping into his face once again.

He was so sweet. But was a the life of a Jedi his destiny? Estelle didn't know why this question kept nagging her. Perhaps she was just being judgemental. Could that be all it was? She didnt like to think so - she had hoped she was not so small minded.

She caught Jacksons eye as she turned and a faint and slightly unsure smile came to her lips in acknowledgement that he was there.

She decided she would make some time and meditate on the troubling enigma that was this young bright hopeful, Jackson DeWitt.

But first...

*Tapping forth her fighting stick, Estelle rapped the staff of Ezekiel's weapon, and glanced a light but sharp prod of challenge to his bare knuckles*

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 19th, 2002, 07:04:26 PM
He looks down and notices that she seems to be referring to him fighting her hand to hand. He suddenly looks almost agast.

"Pardon, ma'am? You want me to fight you? I can't hit a lady... it just ain't right."

Estelle Russard
Oct 20th, 2002, 12:44:18 AM
Her brow furrowed, slightly confused.

"I seem to have misunderstood you..."

She let the sentence hang, hoping he would enlighten her.

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 22nd, 2002, 11:37:05 PM
He takes his hat off, holding it in his right hand before him.

"Well, ma'am, you see... I thought you were gonna show me how to do things, teach me about the Force and all. I didn't know you wanted me to actually fight you. I mean... that just don't seem right..."

Estelle Russard
Oct 26th, 2002, 06:45:20 PM
"And what if I were to try to kill you?"

(She thapped him again with the staff)

"Would you still wish to play fair?"

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 26th, 2002, 06:54:13 PM
He ponders for a moment.

"Well... never had that happen, honestly. Not very common where I come from. Does that happen here much?"

Estelle Russard
Oct 26th, 2002, 09:31:51 PM
Estelle held the staff aside, holding off her confrontation a moment.

"If you are a member of the GJO and a Jedi, this makes you automatically a target for those who serve the darkside. There are many females who come into this catagory, and beleive me - they wil attack you, and they will try to kill you.

All this "chivalry" wont stop them. They hate you for all that you stand for. You will have to defend yourself and others - this means you sometimes will have to fight.

You must be prepared for such an eventuality. They will show you no mercy, believe me."

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 26th, 2002, 10:44:53 PM
He looks down as he things, and then speaks rather reluctantly.

"Well... I can't say I like it. But I guess it's the lesser of two evils... might as well do what I have to do. Ok, so go on... what are we about to do?"

Estelle Russard
Oct 26th, 2002, 11:01:18 PM
She nodded as he replied. It was a fact - the Universe was a harsh and unforgiving place. The enemy was not a traditional one who waged a civilised war. It was dark and dangerous and cruel. One must be armed with the mindset strong enough to stand against it.

"Well, I suggest a spar, just so you get "comfotable" in physical conflict with a woman."

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 26th, 2002, 11:05:50 PM
"Alright... if you insist. Let's go."

He stands back a bit and gets ready to spar.

Estelle Russard
Oct 27th, 2002, 07:19:29 PM
Seeing Ezekiel was standing ready, Estelle made her move.

Lifting the staff high, she did a series of spins with her body moving the staff up and down in an even, flowing motion causing Ezekiel's eyes to move constantly in order to follow her moves.

On the last turn, she dropped to a low crouch and with a sweep of her staff made to take Ezekiel's legs out from under him.

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 29th, 2002, 11:03:20 PM
Ezekiel powers down his scythe and begins backpedaling as the woman advances. The low strike catches him off balance, taking him off his feet. He lands hard, but holds onto his staff. He sweeps the staff in a scything motion, attempting to take her off her feet in the process.

Estelle Russard
Oct 31st, 2002, 01:23:05 AM
Estelle jumps to avoid the counter-sweep and uses the force to flip up and over Ezekiel. She brings the staff down vertically to strike, end-down, onto his chest.

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 31st, 2002, 05:24:09 PM
He sees the downstrike just in time, bringing his staff up to cross-block. He quickly turns the staff, forcing her movement to go sideways. He regains his feet and squares off against her. He yells, "Get away from me!" at the top of his lungs, imbuing the shout with Force power. The end result is the equivalent of a Force push.

Estelle Russard
Nov 1st, 2002, 08:24:45 PM
Estelle stopped in mid-movement as she prepared to launch another attack.

Ezekiels shout made her take a few steps back, and for a moment, she thought she would stop the fight.

She frowned her brows at the man in front of her, because she had had no intention seconds earlier of relenting at all.

"What....what did you just do?"

Ezekiel Frost
Nov 2nd, 2002, 12:27:46 PM
He backs off a step and rests his staff on the ground.

"Well, ma'am, like I was tellin' you earlier... my voice is kinda potent. When I get it in my head that somebody outta do somethin', they just do. And if they don't listen the first time, I just keep tellin' 'em. Sooner or later, most people seem to do what I tell 'em to. You got any idea how this works?"

Estelle Russard
Nov 2nd, 2002, 09:14:27 PM
Estelle shook her head in the negative.

"Actually, not really."

She walked over to replace the weapon.

"But I remember reading something on it once in the Library. Why dont you come with me, and we will go look into it?"

Ezekiel Frost
Nov 2nd, 2002, 11:03:41 PM
He nods in assent.

"Sounds good to me. Lead on."

Estelle Russard
Nov 4th, 2002, 12:33:15 AM
Estelle led Ezekiel out of the combat room and down the winding corridors to another wing of the Academy. She wondered if Jackson would follow out of curiosity. She would not be surprised if he did, and she would not stop him it that was the case. But she deliberately did not look at him as she passed by on her way out.

They approached a large double-door with one word etched in simple but bold lettering CONTROL. (http://216.73.105.30/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24383)

Pressing lightly on the door, Estelle led the way into the room.

Ezekiel Frost
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:26:12 PM
Ezekiel follows his trainer off the grounds and into the corridor. He notices the young man who had been watching so intently earlier. When he catches his eye, he tips his hat toward him, and follows the woman inside.