PDA

View Full Version : Do you know what the most tender part of a chicken is?

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 4th, 2002, 08:49:03 PM
The oysters. >D

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 4th, 2002, 08:50:55 PM

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 4th, 2002, 08:56:47 PM
What kind of man knows these things? They are circular portions, cut from the back. Like...sweetbreads. Yes...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:00:10 PM
:Poke

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:02:19 PM
:ghost

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:03:41 PM
*sigh*

I suppose I should go see it, huh :p

Lord Gue
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:18:21 PM
One can only wonder how Leeloo will react

Slayn Cloak
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:25:15 PM
man someone's been watching Amelie... I'm proud...

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:26:03 PM
Originally posted by Slayn Cloak
man someone's been watching Amelie... I'm proud...

BZZZ WRONG ANSWER

Slayn Cloak
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:29:01 PM
realy, then I'm no longer impresed and am infact sad.

Taylor Millard
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:29:25 PM
Dear Clarice,

I have followed with enthusiasm, the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own, never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective.

In our discussions down in the dungeon it was apparent to me that your father, the dead night watchman, figures largely into your value systems. I think your sucess in putting an end to Jane Gumb's career as a courtourier, pleased you most because you could imaging your father being pleased.

But now alas you're in bad odor with the FBI. Can you imagine your daddy being shamed by your disgrace. Can you see him in his plain pine box crushed by your failure. The sorry petty end of a promising career?

What is worse about this humiliation, Clarice? Is it how your failure may reflect on your mommy and daddy? Is your worse fear that they will now and forever be just, 'Good ole. trailer camp tornado bait white trash' and that perhaps you are too.

By the way I could not help but notice on the FBI's rather dull public website, that I have been hoisted from the Bureau's archives of the common criminal. And elevated to the 10 Most wanted list.

Is this a coincidence or are you back on the case. If so goody goody. 'Cause I need to come out of retirement and return to public life. Clearly this assignment is not your choice, rather I suppose a part of the bargain but...you accepted it Clarice.

Your job is to craft my doom, so I'm not sure how well I should wish you. But I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun.

Ta Ta

H

:D

*I have that memorized.

Lord Gue
Oct 4th, 2002, 10:04:23 PM
if you sound like Lector when u say that, awesome
if not, I hope your day comes

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 4th, 2002, 11:08:36 PM
*takes notes* j/k

Severen Morkonis
Oct 4th, 2002, 11:18:13 PM
What the HELL is going on?

Get the can....

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 4th, 2002, 11:33:54 PM
You stink of fear...and that abominable cheap lotion. The kind that has a sailboat on the bottle...yes. You fear me, but you are not a coward. You keep coming back to me...because you know that fear is the price we both pay for our imaginations, so that we do not become dullards like the rest of THEM.

Dae Jinn
Oct 4th, 2002, 11:37:22 PM
:lol

Have you ever read about the people Hannibal and those books were based on? Pretty sick stuff. The man who skinned elderly women in order to "re-create" his dead mother by making masks and a "suit" was interesting to say the least. Plus Ted Bundy and one other sicko who kept "slaves" in a pit in his basement if I remember correctly.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 4th, 2002, 11:42:03 PM
:x ewww......

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Oct 4th, 2002, 11:59:32 PM
Careful, guys....mask any spoilers....cos I havent seen it yet and it will be next weekend before I can :cry

Dante
Oct 5th, 2002, 04:49:55 PM
eh? chicken? [is a veggie]

a bottle of Chianti, some fava beans and an accountant's liver......

anyone here like the res evil movie?

General Hein
Oct 5th, 2002, 05:00:24 PM
HELL YEAH!

Taylor Millard
Oct 5th, 2002, 05:14:42 PM
Are you listening to me Ex-Special Agent Starling?

Makoto Neosis
Oct 5th, 2002, 05:38:50 PM
I must go now, Clarice, I'm having an old friend for dinner.

---

Btw, that movie kicked a$$... period >D

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 5th, 2002, 06:10:17 PM
I finally saw Hannibal. It was...alright, but I much prefer Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs :)

Kelt Simoson
Oct 5th, 2002, 06:27:38 PM
What a horrible life man, the guy cut off the top partof the mans skull and was sliceing bits from his brain and feeding it to the same guy.....eating your own brain?...shouldent he of been practicly dead?

Levi Argon
Oct 5th, 2002, 06:48:26 PM
And since we're doing quotes, one of my favourite quotes from Dr. Lecter:

"Do you know what you look like to me with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube.

A well-scrubbed, hustling rube with a littl taste. Good nutrition has given you some length of bone but you're not more than one generation away from poor, white trash are you, Agent Starling? And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed, pure West Virginia. What does your father do? Is he a coal-miner? Does he stink of lamb? You know how quickly the boys found you; all those tedious, sticky fumblings in the backseats of cars while you could dream of getting out, getting anywhere. Getting all the way to the FBI."

Quality moment. :)

General Hein
Oct 5th, 2002, 07:01:43 PM
heres my all time faveorite

"I must confess to you, I'm giving very serious thought... to eating your wife."

Levi Argon
Oct 5th, 2002, 07:10:06 PM
Pah! Pales in comparison to:

"A census-taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

The slurp which followed then sealed Anthony Hopkins' screen immortality. :)

General Hein
Oct 5th, 2002, 07:14:24 PM
true, that scene is a classic forever, but I love the other quote for the fact of how he told the husband.

Nupraptor
Oct 5th, 2002, 10:54:11 PM
eating your own brain?...shouldent he of been practicly dead? If done correctly, this is very feasible. You just have to drug him up pretty heavily so that he wouldn't feel his skull being detached. The brain itself has no nerve endings, so you'd just have to know which parts you could cut out without killing him. Like a do-it-yourself lobotomy. :)

General Hein
Oct 5th, 2002, 11:12:07 PM
kinda like that guy in Scarface got all shot up and lived, its all in the drugs man...

Levi Argon
Oct 6th, 2002, 06:32:30 AM
What happened to this thread? Where are the posts from last night? o_O

Makoto Neosis
Oct 6th, 2002, 08:35:53 AM
What a horrible life man, the guy cut off the top partof the mans skull and was sliceing bits from his brain and feeding it to the same guy.....eating your own brain?...shouldent he of been practicly dead?

He wasnt the only one dining on teh brain...

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 6th, 2002, 09:13:55 AM
Originally posted by Levi Argon
What happened to this thread? Where are the posts from last night? o_O

Removed for inappropriate content.

Levi Argon
Oct 6th, 2002, 06:17:03 PM
Thanks. Didn't see whatever had been said but have now been brought up to date.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2002, 07:00:37 PM
I'm going to see Red Dragon now. Well not NOW. Soon. I think. *hesitates again* :uhoh

Levi Argon
Oct 7th, 2002, 05:10:16 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I'm going to see Red Dragon now. Well not NOW. Soon. I think. *hesitates again* :uhoh

Go now, I don't think Miggs could manage again quite so soon, even though he is crazy. GO NOW!

Nasseeri Haalleerraa
Oct 7th, 2002, 07:40:25 AM
*will drag LD with her when she goes this Friday :mischief

Taylor Millard
Oct 8th, 2002, 05:38:57 AM
"Would you ever say stop? If you loved me you'd stop?"

"Not in a thousand years."

"A thousand years...that's my girl."

Gurney Devries
Oct 8th, 2002, 05:42:50 AM
Somehow, I find Anthony Hopkins very fitting for the current state of your character, Taylor. Which reminds me...

ReaperFett
Oct 8th, 2002, 12:44:15 PM
Somehow, I find Anthony Hopkins very fitting for the current state of your character, Taylor. Which reminds me...

You haven't dined on human flesh recently? :)

Jared Mriad
Oct 8th, 2002, 12:52:00 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
You haven't dined on human flesh recently? :)

(hides a gnawed on arm behind his back)
No comment. :p

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 8th, 2002, 01:54:27 PM
:lol

AmazonBabe
Oct 8th, 2002, 06:40:59 PM
Never seen Silence of the Lambs... never seen Hannibal... never Seen Red Dragon.

And I ain't gonna see em. Not my type of movie.

:x

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 8th, 2002, 07:43:20 PM
Daiq! Take me with you!

Wait, where do you live?!? o_O

Gurney Devries
Oct 8th, 2002, 07:56:55 PM
AB: At least go to see Red Dragon. It's not gory at all, and is just a good film overall. All you have to lose is about $8 and 2 hours. :)

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 9th, 2002, 08:37:31 AM
AB never sees most movies......

Salemn Lysce
Oct 9th, 2002, 10:32:32 AM
Overall, I thought Hannibal was better than Silence of the Lambs. :)

However, I don't like the new woman who played Clarice in the second movie .. I think the one who played in Silence of the Lambs was much more fitting of the character. (Sorry - can't remember their names at the moment !)

But I think we all agree on this one point: This "series" has to be the best beceause Anthony Hopkins plays Dr. Lector :evil

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 9th, 2002, 10:35:39 AM
yep, wouldn't be the same without AH.....

Marcus v4
Oct 9th, 2002, 10:40:57 AM
Jodie Foster played Clerice Starling in Silence of the Lambs

Julianne Moore played her in Hannibal.

Taylor Millard
Oct 9th, 2002, 10:47:00 AM
Will you sit in my prison cell and hold my hand, Clarice? We could have some fun...

I thought they both worked as Clarice. You got to remember there's a 10 year difference between SOTL and Hannibal.

Marcus v4
Oct 9th, 2002, 10:56:02 AM
The only problem is that Jodie Foster looks older in SotL than Julianne Moore looks in Hannibal.

Taylor Millard
Oct 9th, 2002, 10:59:56 AM
Didn't to me...*shrugs* could just be the lighting.

I know Julianne Moore's skin was a bit fair, but eh...if you work at a desk for 10 years...

Taylor Millard
Oct 9th, 2002, 11:14:44 AM
Originally posted by Gurney Devries

Thanks Gurney...

Nupraptor
Oct 9th, 2002, 01:07:41 PM
Personally, I didn't even notice that a different actress played Clarice in Hannibal until after I finished the film. It had been a while since I'd seen SotL... (shrugs)

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 9th, 2002, 01:55:48 PM
presonally the char change didn't really bother me, hell some characters just don't come back for sequels.......

Levi Argon
Oct 9th, 2002, 05:44:27 PM
"Now that's very interesting, but I'm really pressed for time....where's the key?"

I love that line, I used it on Peter the other day when we were in a rush to get to town and he couldn't find the key to unlock the front door to his home. :)

The only problem is that Jodie Foster looks older in SotL than Julianne Moore looks in Hannibal.

I can't believe I actually read that! Surely, you have your movies mixed up. Rewatch SotL! :eek

As for the discussion concerning the replacement for Clarice, well Moore did a fine job however I believe Foster made that character her own, she really did and thus deserved her Acadamy Award for Best Actress, but Julianne Moore did a great job with the character nevertheless and like Taylor said, there's ten years in between the films and the character change was very important in Clarice Starling for Lecter's role in the film. Perhaps a change of actor was neccessary.

ReaperFett
Oct 9th, 2002, 06:21:44 PM
For some reason, Jodie Foster always looks old to me

Taylor Millard
Oct 9th, 2002, 09:10:27 PM
*gives Fett some Youth Glasses*

The next time you see a Jodie Foster movie wear these :p

Silus Xilarian
Oct 9th, 2002, 09:41:31 PM
you were reaching for that one Taylor...

You must still be sleepy :)

Taylor Millard
Oct 9th, 2002, 10:33:05 PM
*checks time of hte post*

Yeah I just woke up.

Sanis Prent
Oct 9th, 2002, 10:51:36 PM
I agree with Fett. I think its the dyed hair....she just looks older as a brunette.

Leeloo Mina
Oct 10th, 2002, 10:49:17 AM
CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Leeloo Mina
Oct 10th, 2002, 10:50:40 AM
Hold on.. I didn't even notice they were diffrent, either.. haven't seen SOTL in a while.. o_O

*checks to make sure they're really diffrent people*

Sene Unty
Oct 10th, 2002, 12:56:59 PM
"Blood"

My favorite quote from Silence of the Lambs...when the guy in the cell next to Hannibal throws..........bad stuff at Jodie Foster.

Made me laugh!!!

AmazonBabe
Oct 10th, 2002, 05:41:37 PM
Actually, Seer, I do see quite a few movies. But my tastes are unique.

So try not to generalize next time.

Enol Dryad
Oct 10th, 2002, 10:58:03 PM
:\

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:08:20 AM
hehe, didn't mean none at all, you just never see most of the ones the rest of us do.....

Aiden Rennure
Oct 13th, 2002, 05:42:15 PM
I'm against movies completely....

... Until I get money to blow at the theatre:)

imported_Firebird1
Oct 13th, 2002, 10:23:40 PM
o_O

Did I just feel a cold wind....