PDA

View Full Version : Fight by using Reason

Reason
Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:38:48 PM
Reason walked into Lillian's room in the Jedi Living Quarters, having saved her from the attacks of several Sith. It set he on the bed and stood next to it, monitoring her. She would soon regain conciousness. When she did she would no doubt have questions. She would ask it, and it would answer as best as its programming allowed.

Lillian Snow
Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:43:40 PM
Lillian stirred and moaned. Reason looked quickly to her face, and she looked up into its face. She screamed and backed up, nearly falling off the bed.

"What are...are..." she coughed violently, but without blood, unable to finish her question.

Reason
Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:51:03 PM
Reason's logic programming calculated.

Reason
Version 1.0B7
Zerstörer-type 7-m hypervelocity combat system
Crash Security Industries, Inc.
PRERELEASE VERSION-NOT FOR FIELD USE
DO NOT TEST IN A POPULATED AREA
--ULTIMA RATIO REGUM--

Lillian Snow
Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:57:11 PM
"R-Reason? What are you here for?"

Reason
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:00:39 PM
I was sent to protect you, Lillian Snow.

Though Reason was not capable of changing its tone of voice, the forwardness of its statement carried a matter-of-fact tone. Or at least that's how it seemed to Lillian.

Lillian Snow
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:07:43 PM
"To protect me?" she repeated. "Who sent you?"

Reason
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:10:30 PM
This one it could not answer.

That is classified.

Lillian Snow
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:13:52 PM
"But...but..." she coughed, this time with blood.

Reason
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:23:00 PM
Reason moved forward and reached out to her, taking her in its metal arms.

Reason mission parameters: Protect Lillian Snow from all harm. Assist in her quest for curative measures.

It paused.

Commands for Reason are as follows. Stand by: Reason initiates passive sensor mode. Stand down: Halts Reason's attack on minor threats.

Lillian Snow
Oct 6th, 2002, 04:44:09 PM
She pushed away from Reason.

"No! Get away! I don't trust you!"

Reason
Oct 7th, 2002, 09:48:42 AM
Reason released her and moved to stand across from the doorway. She didn't trust it. Logic denoted that in time, she would adjust. Having a 7 foot tall robot appear suddenly into your life wasn't something that happened to many.

Rest. I will stand guard.