PDA

View Full Version : Murderer on shooting spree in my county

Darth Viscera
Oct 3rd, 2002, 01:51:46 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/South/10/03/maryland.shootings/index.html

Washington D.C. (where Millard lives) and Montgomery County (Mo county includes gaithersburg, where I live) are locked down. A shooter or shooters in a white van has gone around spontaneously murdering 5 people in the last 16 hours by shooting them in the head.

Out of 5 of those places, I travel nearby or exactly to 3 daily or weekly for school, movies or taco bell.

Bewildering. This is pretty much the richest county in the country, with little or no violence.

I'm pretty pissed off. If the cowardly sons of bitches want to try and kill someone, instead of shooting civilians in minivans at gas stations they should head to the barracks in Rockville and take their best shot. My infantry friend, Corporal Lee, a machine gunner armed with an M-234 Saw squad automatic and a deadlier aim than he has with an M-16, would make short work of the cowardly bastards before they could blink.

I am sick and tired of this.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:04:00 PM
:x hope you two stay safe. You and Millard. *hugs*

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:59:49 PM
Tay said earlier that 5 people had been killed. I hope they nail the little rat bastards soons!!

*joins LD in the hugs

Admiral Lebron
Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:57:03 PM
I have to many friends in Montgomery county... :(

Darth Viscera
Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:11:38 PM
It's just so weird. In one day our annual murder rate rises by 25%. The sons of bitches didn't even take their wallets after shooting them in the head. There's no motive, other than that of a Tokyo-reminiscent death cult.

Mu Satach
Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:50:52 PM
Jesus...

Darth Viscera
Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:02:01 PM
I have to worry about whether or not I'm going to die tomorrow.

In the course of a schoolday, I have to spend an hour outside waiting for buses. Seeing as how the victims were shot in the head while pumping gas or carrying groceries back to their car or mowing a lawn, I would be sticking out like a sore thumb. There's no way in hell that English 101 is worth dying for. Staying home.

Jinn Fizz
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:18:30 PM
I just heard about this story about a half hour ago on the evening news. It's stories like this, and the one about the mob of kids that beat a man to death in Milwaukee, that make me wonder if we aren't fooling ourselves by believing we're an evolved and progressive society. :\

I hope everyone in the area remains safe, and that the psycho responsible for this is caught ASAP.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Oct 3rd, 2002, 09:44:09 PM
Missing one day of school wont hurt....just stay home tomorrow, Vis. Hopefully by then, the perps will be caught! :)

Darth Viscera
Oct 4th, 2002, 08:16:58 AM
there's been a sixth shooting, just inside the D.C. area.

i can't tell you how i feel. my nerves are fried. there is a sniper outside shooting people from 150 yards away with an armolite AR, and people just slump down, dead.

JMK
Oct 4th, 2002, 08:40:39 AM
Dude that's just sick! They still have no leads, or no witnesses to these clowns? The place must be in a virtual shutdown with people paralyzed with fear? I'd stay home, lock the doors, stay away from windows and play video games. I hope they catch they catch them soon and they put these losers on death row. Does Maryland have the death penalty?

Darth Viscera
Oct 4th, 2002, 08:53:13 AM
All they've been telling us is that the 2 murderers are riding around in an Isuzu or Mitsubishi white box truck.

The streets are empty. In my house, all the lights are off, all the curtains are shut, and i'm trying to play computer games. I played BF1942 for a while with Yog, but I can't hack it. My nerves are fried.

I don't know how they're going to catch this sniper. I don't know if Maryland has the death penalty, but one murder took place in D.C., which would probably make it a federal trial as well as a state trial, I'm not sure.

Darth Viscera
Oct 4th, 2002, 05:42:47 PM
7th person has been shot. over in fredericksburg.

Levi Argon
Oct 4th, 2002, 05:51:01 PM
This is still going on? My God, when I read it in the paper this morning I assumed it would all be over. Vis, Taylor and whoever else is in that area, please stay indoors, for God's sake don't go outside.

Admiral Lebron
Oct 5th, 2002, 05:29:27 AM
Fredricksburg is close to me. I have to brave the outdoors today for tag day (band fundraiser). We'll be well protected though. Big groups of people and lots of parents everywhere.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 5th, 2002, 11:35:40 PM
i can't tell you how i feel. my nerves are fried. there is a sniper outside shooting people from 150 yards away with an armolite AR, and people just slump down, dead.

I talked to someone recently on that (ex military, competition shooter). Some of those shots were from 300 yards. Armalites aren't known for accuracy. I'd almost garuntee its a bolt action rifle. You take an AR when you have combat situation. This is much more akin to target pratice, and a bolt action is far more accurate than an AR.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 5th, 2002, 11:38:04 PM
*shudder*

Mucho huggies for everyone in DC/Maryland. :( God this is awful.

Darth Viscera
Oct 7th, 2002, 10:07:10 AM
An eighth shooting. A 13 year old boy was shot in the chest as his aunt dropped him off at his middle school in Bowie, Maryland. That's the next county away.

I'm at the campus library ATM. I came to school today because I didn't think there was a chance of any more shootings, but I guess the killer was just taking the weekend off.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 7th, 2002, 10:11:06 AM
Ugh. :x

Hope they catch him soon. :mad

JMK
Oct 7th, 2002, 10:34:59 AM
This is so sad. I wonder why the cops in DC/Maryland are having such a hard time finding these clowns? :huh

ReaperFett
Oct 7th, 2002, 11:55:24 AM
If they stay in the vehicle to do it, and noone is near, how would anyone know?

Admiral Lebron
Oct 7th, 2002, 12:40:30 PM
We went into lockdown and all afterschool outdoor activities cancelled for today and tomorrow... :(

Darth Viscera
Oct 7th, 2002, 12:43:11 PM
The only time that someone knew that the murderers were trying to escape was after that woman was shot in the parking lot of the Safeway on Thursday, when the white truck sped off. I suppose that now they're making their getaway in a less conspicuous fashion.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:02:18 PM
Its not easy to catch someone who knows exactly what they're doing. This person does.

Besides, its pretty simple - pannel van, dark tints. Passenger window down, sit on the drivers side and aim out of it. Shoot, remove headgear, have window go up, drive away calmly.

JMK
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:20:28 PM
But what are the cops doing? What do they say they're doing? Anything out of the ordinary to protect/warn & apprehend?

Jedieb
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:20:38 PM
I can only imagine what the cops and Feds are going through to catch this shooter. His tactics seem to suggest some kind of military training. It's going to take some luck and hard work to catch him. He seems to be very calculating and proficient. I can't believe he's targeting children now. If he suddenly heads west I imagine we'll be shutting down schools here as well.

JMK
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:27:31 PM
Well if he ever gets caught, he's a dead man. Now that he's shooting kids, if he gets thrown in the joint, they're gonna rip him apart.

Jedieb
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:35:05 PM
I'm already starting to wonder about what kind of person is responsible. Some disillusioned scumbag like McVeigh, or could this possibly be a foreign terroist?

JMK
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:41:38 PM
Maybe another troubled teen as well?

ReaperFett
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:48:09 PM
Wouldnt be a foreign terrorist, IMO. WOuldnt he do something more than innocents? And it is hardly an effective way. IMO, this is an individual or two, with no real motive for doing it.

Admiral Lebron
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:51:10 PM
It could be a foreign terrorist. He's striking fear into people alright. I just hope he decides woodbridge is a bad spot. Even though he's been in fredricksburg which is like a little to the north of me.. :(

Jedieb
Oct 7th, 2002, 06:08:57 PM
It just doesn't make sense. I don't see how someone could do something like this. These murders have been so calculating, so deliberate. Someone has had to go through a lot of planning to carry out these shootings. To sit there, line a child up in your sights, control your breathing, and then go through with the shot... I just don't see how anyone could such a thing.

Jinn Fizz
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:38:38 PM
Not to downplay what has already happened, but for this psycho to have "graduated" to shooting a child outside a school makes this all the more horrifying.

I agree, this has to be someone with some kind of military training, or someone who has spent a hell of a lot of time around guns to have sharpshooting skills like this.

It reminds me of the mass shooting at the McDonald's in San Diego in the late 70's, when later the shooter's wife quoted her husband as saying he was going out and "hunting humans" when he left the house.

I don't know about the foreign terrorist aspect...the thought has crossed my mind, and I think it's possible. But I just don't know.

Whoever it is, I hope they find him/them as soon as possible.

Abel Kannan
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:58:41 PM
Either way, I'm praying for you, Viscera. You got a lot of prayer on your side right now, and belive me, I know from experience, the power of prayer is big. You have my prayers, man. Keep safe, ya?

Darth Viscera
Oct 9th, 2002, 02:15:20 PM
Another shooting, this time outside a hotel.

Bloody danger zone. First 192 people (most of them from this county) are immolated in the Pentagon, then the anthrax attacks, with 2 dead, now 9 sniper victims. That poor kid in Bowie likely has had his life span greatly reduced, because he is now absent a spleen, among other major internal organ damage.

I've been zig-zagging when I walk, like a convoy that is trying to avoid being torpedoed by a U-boat. The sniper isn't a very good shot, so he can only hit stationary targets, with the 13 year old being the exception-I don't think he was zig-zagging. What's really weird is that no one else is zig-zagging, so as I walk along, I'll normally find a whole crowd of people, all walking in a straight line. It's absolutely bizarre.

Gurney Devries
Oct 9th, 2002, 02:52:08 PM
The sniper isn't a very good shot, so he can only hit stationary targetsHe's hitting targets from over several hundred yards away and killing them with a single shot... he's a good shot, alright. Don't underestimate this guy - Just try to stay indoors as much as possible.

The thing is: With the way he's doing it, he's leaving behind almost no evidence. Unless he slips up, I don't see him being caught any time soon.

ReaperFett
Oct 9th, 2002, 02:53:05 PM
He apparently left a "calling card" on the last one

Darth Viscera
Oct 9th, 2002, 03:08:37 PM
Originally posted by Gurney Devries
He's hitting targets from over several hundred yards away and killing them with a single shot... he's a good shot, alright. Don't underestimate this guy - Just try to stay indoors as much as possible.

The thing is: With the way he's doing it, he's leaving behind almost no evidence. Unless he slips up, I don't see him being caught any time soon.

My point still stands that I won't make it easier on him by walking in a straight line.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 9th, 2002, 03:24:16 PM
He left a Tarot Card which said I am God. I think that is motivation here he think he is god by taking lives. Really though he is no different than Whitman in Texas (the guy who shot people off the Tower at a Texas University, can't remember which one), the Son of Sam, (who did much the same thing though targeted mostly couples, and the Nightstalker, (who went on a shooting spree in LA). He is nothing more than a Serial Killer though a very dangerous one. As for the why who knows, serial killers do things that only in their sick mind makes sense.

Gurney Devries
Oct 9th, 2002, 04:32:37 PM
If he did indeed leave the Tarot card, it was probably just to toy with the police. This guy is enjoying the fact that the cops are completely clueless.

Levi Argon
Oct 9th, 2002, 05:33:34 PM
Whether it is a serious "calling card" or not; this person obviously feels powerful and like it. I can imagine there being a degree of mental instability in him or her because when you take the precision and intelligence behind the actions taken then compare it with with the sheer horrifying reality of the individuals actions, the only conclusion can be that there is severe psychological factors causing this. Then again, no evil action can be commited by a sane mind, it's as simple as that.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 9th, 2002, 06:38:36 PM
Scary stuff. I don;t know what to tell you. He does seem to be a little on the sadistic side, doesn;t he?

Darth Viscera
Oct 9th, 2002, 08:57:28 PM
just a tad, yes.

Figrin D'an
Oct 9th, 2002, 09:21:59 PM
You don't have to be an expert marksman to hit a target the size of a human from 150-200 yards with a .223 calibur bolt action rifle, which seems to be the likely weapon. While it's a calibur common to many weapons, a .223 hunting rifle, fitted with a 5x-10x scope is pretty easy to come by, and is not a difficult weapon to use effectively.

Not that any of this really matters. Taking any chances that the person is not a crack shot is just not worth it.

The person doing this is becoming more arrogant... that is clear, with the Tarot card being left behind. As that trend continues, the chances of the shooter making a mistake will increase as well. One can only hope that some major clue emerges soon.

Darth23
Oct 9th, 2002, 11:53:57 PM
Looks like there's been another killing. :(

How long before the media labels the guy the "Tarot Card Sniper"?

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 10th, 2002, 12:56:31 AM
I'm not a bad shot, but I am highly uncertain of my ability ot hit in a kill zone at 200 meters. That's still pretty good shooting and the targets are more likely than not moving. It would still take a lot of practice to be proficent. To hit a human, maybe. To kill at that range? More of a task. And from what the news here has said, it's more like 300 meters. That's a distance for any shot.

Admiral Lebron
Oct 10th, 2002, 04:33:28 AM
His first kill was a helluva shot. About a yards threw traffic. Either mad luck or skill.

JMK
Oct 10th, 2002, 06:57:06 AM
I really think that this guy wants people to think he's nuts so he can use it as an excuse when he gets busted. Maybe he realizes that he's already screwed up somewhere and the cops just haven't found out yet. So he's creating a psychological disorder for himself. Probably wouldn't be the first time.

ReaperFett
Oct 10th, 2002, 07:49:41 AM
Has it actually been proven it is one person?

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 10th, 2002, 11:51:12 AM
I don't think he is insane, I am certain he is a sociopath, like Ted Bundy, the Nightstalker and the son of sam. As far as the Tarot card bit I think he feels he is god, most serial killers think that because they can kill so easily and take so many lives with them.

Levi Argon
Oct 10th, 2002, 03:30:19 PM
Sociopath:

One who is affected with a personality disorder marked by antisocial behavior.

Psychopath:

A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse.

His behaviour isn't just antisocial, it is manifested in aggressive, perverted and criminal behaviour, by the book he is insane. Secondly, no human beiong can take another's life without personal motivation without them being insane. It is impossible for a sane person to kill a complete stranger like that. Sure you have people in the military dropping bombs but this is different, this person can see the people he/she/they kill(s) and as such are definatly insane whether they like it or not. That's how I see it at least.

Jedieb
Oct 10th, 2002, 06:00:45 PM
I've had military training with both M-16's and small arms. I'm not an excellent shot by any standards, just average. I don't think that I could make that many succesful kills regardless of the weapon. That doesn't mean that the shooter has to be an excellent shot with military training. There are plenty of people who are excellent marksmen that gained their proficiency simply by growing up with rifles and other arms. You could be looking at someone who was simply raised by an avid hunter. But something has seriously gone wrong with this individual. Not that I'm a big fan of guns, but this person has seriously warped the lessons he's learned. I think we're dealing with a sociopath the likes of Bundy or Son of Sam. Someone who wants to kill and isn't shy about the world knowing. As to whether they're sane or not, I could care less. They need the needle if and when they're caught.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 10th, 2002, 08:52:33 PM
Well most serial killers are called sociopaths, thought the Psycopath might just be there exact thing. I know they aren't psychoic, I can't think of one serial killer who was insane, they are mostly sane people, but they have a sick view of the world and killing people are justified in their mind.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 11th, 2002, 09:37:08 AM
There was another shooting at around 9:30 (it is not confirmed if it is the sniper) but they have roadblocks up and down I-95 and route 1 and they are looking for a white van, hopefully they will find this guy.

Jedieb
Oct 11th, 2002, 11:40:36 AM
The shooting was in Fredricksburg. It looks like he's heading in my general direction. Great, now I'll have to keep my family inside the house for the whole damn weekend. Scumbag.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 11th, 2002, 12:39:53 PM
Hopefully he is not headed towards you. I just wish they would catch this guy.

Admiral Lebron
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:10:50 PM
My and my mom got gas at the sunoco the other day... :( He is around woodbridge I'm sure of it...

Darth Viscera
Oct 11th, 2002, 03:12:15 PM
I hope that it'll be a quiet weekend like last time.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 11th, 2002, 03:26:52 PM
*huggles Viscera* Feeling any better?? :(

Admiral Lebron
Oct 11th, 2002, 03:47:22 PM
Of course it'll be quiet. He's gotta sleep and fix his car and clean his gun and whatever else creeps do.

Jinn Fizz
Oct 11th, 2002, 04:01:15 PM
My sister lives in Centreville, VA...not in the immediate vicinity so far, but I'm getting more and more worried with each passing day.

What's happening with these snipings is evil evil evil, pure and simple. Someone who is completely without feeling, without a heart, without a soul, without a drop of remorse or compassion, is behind this. :(

If they're ever able to identify who's behind this, I wonder if they'll be taken alive. Or will they go out in a so-called blaze of glory, so we'll never have even the slightest clue why they did what they did? As if there really could be an explanation beyond pure evil?

My prayers are with everyone in the area...may you all stay safe!!!

Admiral Lebron
Oct 11th, 2002, 04:02:19 PM
I just wanna go outside... :(

Jared Mriad
Oct 11th, 2002, 04:43:06 PM
I've been thinking this issue over, and several instances of the near same thing comes to my mind. Although, one sticks out the most.

Jack the Ripper.

Sure, this guy isnt targeting women and horribly mulitating their corpes and such. But it's pretty darn close, think about it.

Cop's dont know who he/she/it is - Double score
The Tarot Card Vr. Jack's Letters - Close Score
Both commit the crime and hitail it out - double.

But, seriously speaking, I want to know what is going on inside the Sniper's head. What is he thinking and stuff like that. May sound sick, but... you have to wonder why he is doing this and what may have lead up to it. I also belive he/she/it is a sociopath as well, someone who knows what they are doing but dont give a d*mn about it.

---

Off that subject,

Be safe Vis, Lebron, and peeps in the area! :(

Darth Viscera
Oct 11th, 2002, 05:46:47 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
*huggles Viscera* Feeling any better?? :(

Eh, a little. By far, I don't have as much freedom going outside as I would under normal circumstances. I want to be able to get my precious taco bell without risking death. Plus I want to go to the movies, and get my sunday morning boston creme donut.

After 9 days, all that stuff just stacks up.

Nupraptor
Oct 11th, 2002, 08:22:20 PM
Someone presented an interesting theory to me earlier. It's very likely that the sniper is using a bolt action rifle. Which means that the shells do not automatically eject after every shot: He has to purposefully eject them. And since all of his attacks have involved only a single shot, there should be no reason for him to eject the shell there. It's very possible that he could have simply went by a gun range, picked up a couple of .223 shells, and just dropped them off at the shooting sites.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 11th, 2002, 10:20:48 PM
That's diabolical. :x

Admiral Lebron
Oct 11th, 2002, 10:43:51 PM
Its my understanding though that certain bullets for certain weapons disintigate different and are made differently--these signs which can be distinguished threw forensics and add in range and how deep it went and you can determine the type of gun.

Nupraptor
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:17:36 AM
He could very well be using a .223 rifle, but dropping false shells to making determining ballistics much more difficult.

Silus Xilarian
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:21:05 AM
I think they can tell by comparing the bullets and the shells whether or not they came from the same gun....Im not 100% sure though.....

I'll give my dad a call tommorrow....he knows all about forensics and ballistics and such.....

Jinn Fizz
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:24:02 PM
A really interesting thing happened to me when I went to gas up my car a few minutes ago.

I went to the Unocal station that I go to all the time. I pulled up to one of the self-serve islands and got out of the car. Before I could go very far, one of the guys who works at the station came and got my credit card from me, asked me which grade of gas I wanted, how much, and whether I wanted a receipt. He then proceeded to pump my gas for me, and all I had to do was sit in the car and wait for him to finish and bring me my receipt.

Now, maybe he was just being chivalrous or sexist or something. But I couldn't help but think that maybe they're doing that more often right now, just to put people at ease. Even though we're in California, 2500 miles away from this sniper insanity, no doubt there are people here who are nervous too, so maybe this was this station's way of helping people be less nervous. I don't know for sure, but it was still interesting to experience.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:34:31 PM
Maybe he was from Oregon and didn't know he didn't have to pump your gas. :) It could happen. I went to Washington and couldn't get the darn gas pump thing to work. I was so embarrased. :o I can now.

Sith Ahnk
Oct 13th, 2002, 01:20:51 AM
Yes, if he has the foresight to drop shell casings from a shooting range it will be impossible to try him unless he was caught red handed.

It really depends on how long he continues. He can't have taken that many shells... eventually, one of them won't match, and they'll know that to be true.

Darth Viscera
Oct 16th, 2002, 03:34:43 PM
There were 5 policemen and an empty (seemed to be empty) 6-wheeled Armored Personnel Carrier at the entrance to my campus today. The cops were stopping some people and checking their student IDs. Of 3 of the policemen 2 were carrying M16s, and the third was carrying an Uzi, I believe. Far as I could tell the other 2 were carrying shotguns, though I don't know what good a 12 guage will do against a sniper. Police are a little bit more on edge after the sniper finished his weekend break and hit an 11th person Monday night. There are like 900 tents sprinkled around Rockville, I presume to act as a tech base for the reporters who have all immigrated here. It's weird as hell to wake up at 6am, turn on CNN, and hear about Rockville, my town. 2 weeks now since the sniper started gunning down people.

First time in my life that I've seen an M16 or an Uzi.

P.S.-There is an RC-7 reconnaissance plane up in the air somewhere with a bejesusload of cameras and sensors which can detect a muzzle flash while scanning 45 miles of ground all simultaneously. Supposedly it detects the muzzle flash (anywhere within a 45 mile radius) and immediately turns all its systems to zoom in there, and follow a car through a traffic jam. The thing is on loan from the Pentagon. Apparently they were thinking of assigning to our county a squadron of the Predator unmanned aerial reconaissance vehicles that were modified to carry armaments as well, but the airspace is too busy and they didn't want to hit something while they were snooping from on high.

Admiral Lebron
Oct 16th, 2002, 05:13:15 PM
You've never seen an Uzi or M-16?! You deprived man! M-16's are fun to shoot. But I know how you feel...I got gas at the sunoco the day before the shooting. Its creepy like that. He'll be caught soon.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 16th, 2002, 09:10:35 PM
Sounds good. It'll all be over soon.

Darth Viscera
Oct 21st, 2002, 06:52:30 AM
Well, another shooting Saturday night at a steak house in Southern Virginia, 80 miles away. The sniper heard about the RC-7 and its 45 mile sensor capabilities, hence 80 miles. I hope we have another RC-7 up in that region, full eastern virginia/maryland/D.C./pennsylvania/northern north carolina coverage would be preferable.

As it has been for the last 19 days, traffic is backed up everywhere in this region, because everything resembling a white van or truck is pulled over. I wish that things would go back to normal, and I wish that people didn't have to suffer these wounds. Coming home from a steakhouse with only half a stomach left and much of your intestines shot to shreds is not a good fate for a person :(. Heck, that could have happened to me when I was walking out of Copeland's in Rockville Saturday night.

I wish the sniper, and all his side effects, would just go. To think, I thought that weekends were safe.

ReaperFett
Oct 21st, 2002, 11:27:11 AM
I heard they arrested someone in a phone box today

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 21st, 2002, 12:15:31 PM
Yeah two guys, that whole thing just sounds weird. First all CNN knows is one guy is Mexican, and they are also reporting that somebody called into the Tip line on Saturday night and told them there was a note at the scene of the last shooting. Well they found the note and there was some hint of a demand for money. Then there was something about a number where they would be reached, they then found these two guys hanging around this phone booth. Personally I don't think these two guys are the sniper I think this is somebody trying to take advantage of the situation. If he wanted money why would he wait 12 shootings in to ask for it, that just doesn't make anysense to me plus it doesn't dive with the Tarot card. The bad thing is this whole mess could get the sniper mad and he might go out shooting tonight.

Admiral Lebron
Oct 21st, 2002, 01:11:32 PM
The person who left the note is a dumbass and just wants to cash in on the snipers efforts.

Darth Viscera
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:45:01 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/South/10/22/sniper.shootings/index.html

!$#&

He's back in Montgomery County, and shot a bus driver in the chest over in Aspen Hill. I take buses in this area.

WHEN WILL IT END?!??!

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:45:48 AM
It will end, most serial killers are cost (95%) the only exceptions that I can think of are Jack the Ripper and the Zodiac Killer, but in both cases their killings stopped as well. Hopefully Police will get a big lead and catch the guy real soon.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:18:29 PM
Now he's demanding money :(

Oishii Sakana
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:56:18 PM
This is just too much.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:26:25 PM
*huggles Viscera* be safe! :(

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 23rd, 2002, 09:23:47 PM
I am not sure about the money bit, I think thats a ploy and that he is playing with the police. Also the FBI has a lead in Washington state, there looking on the grounds of some ex-military guy, not much known about that yet, maybe we will learn something tomorrow.

Darth Viscera
Oct 24th, 2002, 02:28:44 AM
You should see all the helicopters hovering around over here. Yesterday morning there was heavy fog so all the choppers had to fly low (and thus in plain sight), and there were 5 of them just near the police station in Gaithersburg, hovering over Rio and I-270.

According to what a librarian shouted while I was on campus yesterday at 5pm, the cops found an Isuzu white box truck with guns and surrounded it with helicopters, then closed I-270. I haven't seen that on CNN, and this librarian has cried wolf before, so I don't know if that's true. To close an interstate highway would be a HELL of a thing. Traffic was jammed everywhere, including the beltway, so they might have done it.

JMK
Oct 24th, 2002, 11:40:12 AM
There's been 2 arrests today! The police say that have the guys responsible!

http://www.msnbc.com/news/816566.asp?cp1=1

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 24th, 2002, 12:36:25 PM
Thank God. I hope these guys are the real deal, and this nightmare is finally over.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 24th, 2002, 02:29:53 PM
I think it IS the real deal, and I am not surprised he had a soldier background. Good to hear it is over

JMK
Oct 24th, 2002, 03:30:53 PM
What about this little teenage bastard that was involved? What's his problem?

Admiral Lebron
Oct 24th, 2002, 03:36:23 PM
Peer pressure?

Jedieb
Oct 24th, 2002, 05:03:01 PM
It was his step son. Thankfully this appears to be over. Now maybe my wife will watch something else besides CNN and MSNBC. I'm just glad the police were able to get the job done despite the media practically tripping over themselves to let the shooters know how close the cops were. As the dust settles and we learn more about the shooter will learn more about his motivation. Some reports suggest he was sympathetic to the 9/11 hijackers. Whatever the truth is, it's not going to be pleasant. But at least life here in VA. can get back to normal.

JMK
Oct 24th, 2002, 05:25:47 PM
I did say that it was a disgruntled teen behind all this. Although this kid seems to be more of an accomplice than the actual trigger man...not the kind of predictions I like to make correctly...

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 24th, 2002, 10:17:49 PM
It looks like he wanted money, mostly. I am waiting for the term gulf war syndrome to come up, I am sure people will say that is why he did it. Not sure if I buy that but who knows, he obviosly went off the deep end somewhere.

JMK
Oct 24th, 2002, 10:44:16 PM
I wouldn't buy any psychological excuse. These clowns went out, got guns, ammo and shot people dead. In the chest, head, you name it. They need severe punishment and not some reduced sentence because they're deemed wacko.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 24th, 2002, 10:53:06 PM
I think the father is a sociopath, he fits the profile, the stepson, I am not sure, usually you can't just become a sociopath that easy.

Darth Viscera
Nov 13th, 2003, 09:09:39 PM
what the crap!

I just tuned into the USA channel today about 40 minutes ago and saw the Mongtomery County flag and a Mo county council meeting. How surreal. Apparently they made a movie about the mongtomery county sniper.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 13th, 2003, 09:11:57 PM
They made one about Jessica Lynch already too. I find it all sickening. :x

ReaperFett
Nov 14th, 2003, 02:40:54 AM
It makes it worse because it's not like there's a story that MUST be told. It's just cashing in.