PDA

View Full Version : Lessons in the Art of Learning (Ebon)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 3rd, 2002, 01:24:19 AM
De'Ville pulled her cloak around her, and sat at her desk. Her apprentice, Ebon Dir, would be joining her shortly, here in her study.

She used the Force to replace the book she had been reading to the shelf across from her, and lightly closed her eyes. She sat in silence, simply waiting.

Ebon Dir
Oct 30th, 2002, 06:08:28 PM
He entered almost silently, his bare feet shuffling softly across the stone floor.

"You wanted to meet with me, Miss Deville?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 30th, 2002, 08:28:28 PM
She looked up as he entered, and motioned him into a seat. "Of course." As he settled into the chair, she manipulated the Force, lighting the semi circle of burnt down candles that were on the desk. "I find myself at a disadvantage when it comes to picking up your training, Dir. I do not know what you are capable of."

De'Ville sat back in her chair and regarded him for a moment, and then continued, "Jeseth Cloak trained you for a short while, did he not?" As Ebon nodded, she added, "And so, what is it that you wish to learn about the Force?"

Ebon Dir
Nov 14th, 2002, 05:31:26 PM
"Despite my...physical limitations, I'm quite able to defend myself with a saber, or hand to hand combat. Should the need arise, I am able to use the force to manipulate objects, having done it since I was a child without even thinking about it.

"My problem is the mind. My whole life I have been plagued with illusions, anything that confuses the senses.

He decided to skip over telling her about the voices and the visions. There would always be time to reveal that later.

"I came to the Black Hand to learn how to control these illusions--to see through those used by others and to use ones of my own.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 21st, 2002, 12:29:14 PM
"I can show you how to concentrate, I can even show you how to strengthen your mind blocks, keeping out unnecessary voices." Lilaena shook her head slowly, "But, controling things of the mind...I cannot teach you these things."