PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Break

Levi Argon
Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:49:52 PM
I just thought it best to keep you all informed of my whereabouts and plans for the present and near future. I have found myself becoming detatched from roleplaying and thought I would take an official break from that aspect of SWFans for an undetermined amount of time.

Although undetermined I hope to keep that time minimal but to put it simply; I have been lacking inspiration, interest and enjoyment in the roleplaying experience as of late. This boils down to one reason, I am no longer making the experience fun for myself, rather I find myself making the process of posting replies to threads a mundane and tedious way to spend my time. In fact it's become time-wasting, not only to myself but to those whom I roleplay with and from this moment forth I refuse to reply to another roleplay unless I am in frame of mind that allows me to give it my all and enjoy it simultaneously.

This is by no means some dramatic leave of absence; I'm still going to be browsing these forums and replying to threads that interest me but what I am hoping to do is rediscover the inspiration and drive that I am currently lacking to roleplay. No doubt we've all been here at some point but rather than force myself into continuing this rather bland and unproductive process I think it best to step back and re-evaluate my characters.

My appologies to those with whom I am in various roleplays, hopefully we can pick up the pieces where we leave them and finish those threads when the time comes. Thanks for your time. :)

P.S. Just for reference, my characters are this one, Gav Mortis, Val Torre and Loki Ahmrah.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:01:23 PM
Hugs

^_^

I know how you feel and you are doing what's best. Glad you still be a lurker of course ;)

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:03:19 PM
You take all the break you need, man. And when you come back, you post up a storm with all sorts of fun ideas, ok?

DarthHERA
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:10:39 PM
Glad you'll still be around Gav :)

Enjoy the break. Sometimes its the best thing to do. We'll miss your chars tho.

:)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:12:43 PM
Take care, Loki and hope to see you again soon. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:23:20 PM
:wave I miss you already Gav! :(

Sanis Prent
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:30:41 PM
:cry

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:15:06 PM
*:cry's with Sanis*

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 3rd, 2002, 12:51:34 AM
:cry 's with Sanis and LD

Maester Wargrave
Oct 3rd, 2002, 12:55:22 AM
:cry with Sanis, LD, and s'Il

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 3rd, 2002, 01:45:25 AM
Yeah, fair call Gav - everyone needs a break now and then. Give it some time and you'll be ready to rip into it again

ReaperFett
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:09:42 AM
He did say he isn't leaving! :)

Suppose I better remove my "Dont post until Val does" sign then ;)

Oriadin
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:51:28 AM
Take as long as you need. We'll be waiting until you decide to return. Miss you already mate.

ReaperFett
Oct 3rd, 2002, 10:13:30 AM
But dont think this means you can slack off AIM! :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 3rd, 2002, 01:46:19 PM
He always slacks off AIM.

ReaperFett
Oct 3rd, 2002, 01:55:24 PM
Sometimes, while still using it ;)

Seriously though, breaks are good, providing you dont pack up and leave

Gabran Darkysa
Oct 3rd, 2002, 10:07:53 PM
Laters Gav! Everyone needs an occasional break to refresh and reflect. It helps!