PDA

View Full Version : Movies or shows now ruined by Swfans

Sanis Prent
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:57:33 AM
I dedicate this thread to any movie or show that you now watch that you can't watch without being influenced by the goings-on at Swfans, be it because somebody uses a pic from it, or acts like a character, or any other reason.

I'll start this off and name the obvious:

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Between Marcus, Helen, Xazor, Seth, Sliff, Dasquian, and all the billions of others, its impossible to watch without seeing half the forum in action.

Lord Gue
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:01:07 AM
5th Element
Pitch Black
Oceans 11 (newest version)
Lord of The Rings
3rd Rock from the sun

Jehova Eaven
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:03:18 AM
LOTR is the only thing that comes to mind at the moment.

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:04:14 AM
Lord of the Rings is the biggest one, where I've now gotten to the point that I call the characters by their 'Fans names instead of their real names.

Everything else I just associate with people, but nothing has really been ruined. If anything, seeing the characters about on here makes me want to go out and find the stuff they've been in and watch it :)

Zasz Grimm
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:21:44 AM
Almost any movie with Brad Pitt that shows him scraggly looking.
LOTR
Buffy The Vampire slayer, or any movie that has Eliza Dushku in it.
The Matrix

And now when I watch the Anime "Those Who Hunt Elves"

I will think of where the Cizerack graphics come from

Dante
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:21:47 AM
well i hope im gradually wrecking Tekken for you all, what with Idolon/Unknown and Dante/Jin :D

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:23:34 AM
Nah, Jin will always be Thanatos to me!

;turns up nose;

:mneh

Sanis Prent
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:24:13 AM
I will think of where the Cizerack graphics come from

Most come from Outlaw Star, which I have shamelessly ruined ^_^;

Might as well throw books into the mix as well. Anything by Anne Rice and/or Terry Pratchett have been spoiled soundly :)

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:25:07 AM
Terry Pratchett have been spoiled soundly

oops? :(

Zasz Grimm
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:25:09 AM
Hm...

Well you could get it from Those Who Hunt Elves

Either way.

:)

Sanis Prent
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:25:54 AM
Not oops :) Wouldn't have it any other way ^_^;

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:26:56 AM
Okie, so long as I didn't spoil your reading :)

Sanis Prent
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:27:49 AM
No, its humorous when I'm reading a book though...take a pause...and go "Wait, this sounds familiar" :lol

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:28:54 AM
^_^;

I would say the same thing about "The Mexican", but then they quite obviously stole that idea from you! :lol

Sanis Prent
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:30:17 AM
:lol!!!

Wow, thats true. I hear there's also some stealage in Ecks vs Sever that should net me some Sanis lawsuit bucks :)

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:32:11 AM
It'd be funny if the writers did actually yoink stuff from here though I can't really see that happening any time in the near future :rolleyes

Sanis Prent
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:36:22 AM
even crappy XXX snurched my shell gun, which I in turn snurched from the Outlaw Star caster weapon :mneh

Lord Gue
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:49:02 AM
shell gun? where?

Damn eye wires, I musta blinked somewhere...

Sanis Prent
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:52:48 AM
the revolver with special bullets.

Levi Argon
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:38:38 PM
I wouldn't say films or any other entertainment medium have been "ruined" by what I see and read here. The countless images from films staring Brad Pitt which have been crammed into the one character don't make me think Sanis Prent everytime I watch Fight Club.

No, I keep roleplaying separated from everything else and as such have no problem seeing LOTR images everywhere. Perhaps we are all looking for the Next Big Thing but that can't be helped really and who knows which epic will replace the LOTR images?

A spot of originality is always nice nevertheless; the extensive use of anime images really leaves a sour taste on my tongue and on that arguement I agree with Itala Marzullo, I don't particularly like them. But then equally there may be some who don't like people using actors and actresses from the big blockbusters so we can't really complain.

What would be nice to see would be a "From where do you draw your roleplaying inspiration?" thread. Perhaps it will help us understand the characters with whom our own interact even more and with any luck, find more inspiration ourselves. :)

ReaperFett
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:47:33 PM
I find if SWFans ruins a film, the movie isnt very good :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:55:09 PM
Good idea on the inspiration thread, Levi :)

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:08:22 PM
pretty much almost any movie or show has one of our rpers in it somewhere......can't watch any Brad Pitt movie without thinking Sanis either......:\

Sanis Prent
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:08:55 PM
I agree....its always good to know where people draw their references.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:11:23 PM
I would have such a big long list.

Jared Mriad
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:11:26 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
even crappy XXX snurched my shell gun, which I in turn snurched from the Outlaw Star caster weapon :mneh

I KNEW IT! :D

Sanis Prent
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:39:50 PM
I didn't exactly make it HARD to find out :mneh

Makoto Neosis
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:45:36 PM
It seemed familiar in your posts, Where's Ark when ya need em eh? :lol

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:50:11 PM
Ark's around, just in class right now I think...*only knows since he goes to her college*

Makoto Neosis
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:52:48 PM
I see, Next time ya see em, can ya tell em Mako said hey? ;)

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:56:04 PM
otay but why?

Makoto Neosis
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:58:02 PM
'Cause I cant :(

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:04:15 PM
:( otay then.....

Nupraptor
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:17:12 PM
But then equally there may be some who don't like people using actors and actresses from the big blockbusters so we can't really complain./me raises his hand.

Personally, I try to avoid using pictures of people from "big" films. At least, not until they've been out for quite some time. In fact, I tend to avoid using pictures of real people for my characters entirely. I think that there are very few people who would fit well into the SW universe. Mostly, I tend to use paintings and CG pictures for my characters.

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:21:28 PM
CGs are where it's at.

Figrin D'an
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:10:19 PM
I don't think my pic would have ruined "Casablanca" for anyone, considering that it's been a classic for years, and my character acts nothing like Bogart/Rick... :p

I keep now more for nostalgic purposes than anything. I've had it since the beginning...

Verse Dawnstrider
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:28:54 PM
I will not lie......Fett ruined Evil Dead for me.

I rememeber that dang Avatar that said 'Hail to the King.' and using Bruce in his sigs.....Darn You Reaper Fett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm j/k of course....

Maester Wargrave
Oct 3rd, 2002, 12:51:45 AM
Gimme some sugar baby :D

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 3rd, 2002, 01:59:15 AM
If your enjoymentment of something (and I highly doubt that your enjoyment of LOTR:FOTR was lessened, because you dont seem to actually like it in the first place), was lessened all because someone likes using pics or whatever from some source, then that's really your problem, NOT the person whom went and used said pics. Or ven if you start to associate that pic with the character... *shrugs * .... whatever. I dont and never have. I dont lok at Eowyn and think Xazor. Xazor is soemthing different and just because they look or maybe even act similar, still I dont make the mental jump and connection.

I wouldn't say films or any other entertainment medium have been "ruined" by what I see and read here. The countless images from films staring Brad Pitt which have been crammed into the one character don't make me think Sanis Prent everytime I watch Fight Club.

No, I keep roleplaying separated from everything else and as such have no problem seeing LOTR images everywhere. Perhaps we are all looking for the Next Big Thing but that can't be helped really and who knows which epic will replace the LOTR images?

Hear hear

Sanis Prent
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:49:46 AM
Just because I don't fawn over FotR, doesn't mean I didn't like it. Its a good movie. I'm just not crazy wild over it, is all.

Gabran Darkysa
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:22:14 AM
Taking the question in all seriousness, movies haven't really been ruined by these RP characters. I keep film and RP separated. Thank gawd! ;)

However movie images have inspired RPers more than anything. Personally my inspirations are from books and certain authors (rarely movies) though I am more fantasy oriented having participated on such boards. But SWFans is one of the best boards I have ever visited or participated on. :)

ReaperFett
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:17:54 AM
"Are all men in the futre loud mouth braggarts?"
"Just me baby, just me"

:)

Personally, I try to avoid using pictures of people from "big" films
I avoid "big" actors, but take from big films. Also, I have to like the actor to some degree.

Sanis Prent
Oct 3rd, 2002, 09:47:00 AM
I guess I meant "ruin" in a liberal way. Not to the point where the movie is trash to watch. I'm just talking about watching the movie...and for a bit of time, a certain character causing you to reflect back on RP stuff.

Dante
Oct 3rd, 2002, 12:33:33 PM
true, ive started callin Jin thanatos.... dammit, even most of my graphics are labelled "Thanatos"....

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 3rd, 2002, 12:38:02 PM
My work here is done :smokin

Dante
Oct 3rd, 2002, 01:29:38 PM
damn you Vega, you and all your damned dynasty.....
get a van derveld who looks like Kazuya, and i'll take that back

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 3rd, 2002, 01:40:47 PM
Hmm.... nah :mneh

Sith Ahnk
Oct 3rd, 2002, 04:46:30 PM
I've never ruined anything for you because I use obscure sources and don't post very often...

I bet none of you even know that I've gone through 4 people in my sigs! (besides Sabu, so 5)

That green facepaint really works wonders.

AmazonBabe
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:37:48 PM
Well, I know I for one have "ruined" Batman for myself. I can't even say Poison Ivy or Catwoman anymore when watching the films. It always comes out AmazonBabe/AB or Lady Vader/LV. But I have to admit the strange looks I get from my parents are classic. :lol

Leeloo Mina
Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:41:28 PM
Letsee..

Fight Club
The 5th element(I dont rp now, but after seeing so many leeloo pics and going through them trying to make a good sig, I can't help but make the connection to me)
LOTR
Angel Santuary(always think of Jeseth)

I think that's it..