PDA

View Full Version : ooc: Idea to being a new Order on the Universe

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:41:20 AM
I was talking to Nup...and does anyone remember the "assassination" threads that occured about two years ago? A little longer than that now, i think. Anyway, we want to mold the universe in our image, right?

What better way to do that than to take out key Senators, while having buttered up, influenced, and taken control of the next to arise to power?

There would be some background RPing to be done..nothing overly eyecatching or glamourous, as we entice the underlings to do our bidding.

Then in one night, we'll start the RPs that will occur simultaenously...so one jedi cannot reply to all threads...if they reply to one, they obviously cannot be in another one of them. If no one stops us, we're golden.

:D

Taylor Millard
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:04:58 AM
Sounds fun. I say we go for it. I'll keep a few of those apprentices distracted. >D

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:16:18 AM
shivers at horrible memories of that time >_<

Evil Hobgoblin
Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:25:08 PM
Essentially what you're proposing is that we take the basic organization for our Arcan IV attack and divvy it up into individual threads, because people will be on different planets instead of the same ones.

*Thinks.*

It's a good idea... but we'll want to set some rules for ourselves and clearly outline our goals, too.

A for instance: we kill candidate X because opposing candidate Y will be a disruptive influence in the Senate rather than a harmonious one, and X's replacement candidate lacks the necessary capabilities to defeat Y.

We should be cautious, and indirect about it, though. The NR and Marcus in particular are likely to have some memories of the time, and thus would have something in place to restructure voting procuders so that we couldn't gain an upper hand in such a fashion quite so easily.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:32:07 PM
Yeah, I agree with Hob. The Sith doing it was random killing to just do it .. there was no real reason behind cept lets go kill senators. Some people in the thread RP's made it more interesting then it actually was.

Political manipulations for each Kill would make it so much worth it and more interesting.

If I come up with something I'll post it

Morgan Evanar
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:47:09 PM
I like this. A lot.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:51:29 PM
Hey someone changed Morg's title. :eek

I thought that it would be fun to RP the background to these assassinations... just have an entire RP on a paticular planet, sort of skulking around, not doing anything in paticular, maybe having meetings with the number Two political person under an alter ego.

Then...we take out the heads in another set of RPs. Bam! :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 26th, 2002, 12:33:36 AM
Ok people liked this, and then no one cares...what gives?!

I'm taking on Chandrila's senator...or at least for now I'm going to get cushy with number 2 on the senatorial staff. I'm doing the bg work now in an RP with Pierce... If someone wants to join me in this crusade, let me know. Preferrably an APPRENTICE of mine..*coughcough* any of them will do. I can't take Cline, he's too iffy with the Dark side right now. Don't want him having a fit of conscience. Ebon, or maybe I'll take Gabran...

I suggest pairing up and picking planets. Key, NR planets. Thats all I care about. Heck, can we kill the Chief of State? She isn't RPed is she? and who is it anyway? Leia Solo still?? o_O

Or..scratch the pairing up. Its a good training type thing...just grab an apprentice and go with it. One RP to show you getting in with the political scheme, and talking about 'issues' with the next on the list after the Senator of said planet, and then we'll coordinate to knock off all the Senators in one night.

COME ON WE CAN DO THIS!!

Taylor Millard
Oct 26th, 2002, 12:35:11 AM
Leia's Chief of State...*convinced her to take the role. :D

imported_Taja Loraan
Oct 26th, 2002, 02:43:54 AM
Le question: is SW politics anything like RL politics? If so, I'd like to get involved with this. IC I hate politics, but OOC it's fun. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 26th, 2002, 03:44:32 PM
Yes its like real politics, except you have to worry about space pirates in the hyperspace lanes, and spice traffickers in your systems. :p

There is a thread in OOC about possibly starting up a SEnate type roleplay, you'd probably like that, Taja.

Taylor Millard
Oct 26th, 2002, 04:04:10 PM
Well, Millard does have a conduit in the Senate with Jes being the Ambassador to the NR for the Balmorran Empire.

*wonders if any of his apprentices would be interested in running for Senate...do I even have any apprentices left? :huh :lol

Pierce Tondry
Oct 26th, 2002, 07:38:37 PM
LD: It might be wise to get the Arcan IV thread done pre-senatorial slaughter. :) Or at least, that's what I assumed was the reason for the wait.

That, and you never did anything else about it. I mean, come on. You were expecting us, the laziest bunch of lazies to ever laze, to start something? :)

Hey- I just had an idea for our thread... it might work or might not. If I see you on AIM, I'll talk to you about it. Oh, and I posted.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2002, 11:15:20 AM
Oh and yeah I wasn't gonig to start right away with the senatorial slaughterings...but I though that maybe someone else could have some ideas about this. Guess I was wrong. :p

Oh and I'll go read. When I get home from church that is.

FYI= my car has officially completely died. I can't get it to start.

imported_Taja Loraan
Oct 28th, 2002, 02:17:53 AM
"Borrow" one. >D

Space pirates, spice traffickers .. I suppose that's just a sci-fi-ish version of RL examples, ne?

Ooh. Ideas. ... I have none. ^_^; But I'll try come up with something that could possibly help.

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Oct 28th, 2002, 11:40:33 PM
I remember those two-years-ago assassinations. Good times. Sort of.

Might make a point that we aren't just whole-sale slaughtering every Senator we can. There are probably corrupt / misled Senators we can make a point of avoiding... maybe while someone's taking out one Senator to make way for a "better" candidate (in our eyes), they notice someone trying to assassinate one of the Senators we don't want offed... summat like that? Anyway, just a thought, and it shouldn't actually be made "obvious", anyway. Anyway anyway. Anyway.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 30th, 2002, 08:55:05 PM
No, you're right, each Senator will be hand picked for specific reasons. Made known in the first, "set-up" RP where you are on the planet and schmoozing with the underlings. And you can make up the reasons, as they're NPC's anyway.

*steals a few of his "anyways" >D*

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:46:38 PM
Ok, I've got Chandrila. I'd appreciate it if people who were interested in doing this idea would pick a NR planet and post in here, with planet name, and made up name of Senator, and the runner-up senator to be. So I can know if I'm going on this alone, when I finally get to it. :)

Evil Hobgoblin
Nov 13th, 2002, 07:12:23 PM
Hob is not one for a direct kill at this point, but I think pairing him with Jibrielle so she could carry out what evil plans he comes up with could be promising.

Ebon Dir
Nov 14th, 2002, 05:19:49 PM
Ebon can act in a support role with you, LD.

(sorry I took so long to reply, school's been a bitch lately)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 14th, 2002, 06:58:09 PM
The point is to have two separate threads for each assassination. One for the setup, and another (timed with all the others') for the actual deed. Did that make sense? And I'd love you have you along, Ebon.

Taylor Millard
Nov 16th, 2002, 04:43:09 AM
I'm gonna take a look at NR planets.

Maybe Jes and I could go after the Coruscant Senator.

Jeseth Cloak
Nov 16th, 2002, 12:49:02 PM
I would completely be up for that, especially since I used to be the Senator of Coruscant. That makes it personal.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Nov 16th, 2002, 11:06:17 PM
if my life wasn't a jumble I would love to be on this :cry

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 17th, 2002, 03:07:01 AM
nothing is happening yet, don't write yourself out yet. :) kay? *hug*

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 17th, 2002, 10:38:18 AM
okay :\

Taylor Millard
Nov 17th, 2002, 10:49:30 AM
Oh raise part of the :/ up into a :)

And someone give Nav a CT too...I can't give her one...

Yet >D

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 17th, 2002, 07:19:05 PM
Well either can we, but I'll try when I get home.

Taylor Millard
Nov 19th, 2002, 02:57:08 AM
We might have to PM Ogre on it and get him t'do it.

But we can come up with the CT itself >D

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 19th, 2002, 03:43:04 PM
I forgot to try, but we're hijacking my own thread. grr!

Taylor Millard
Nov 19th, 2002, 05:39:44 PM
Sorry...back on track...

When do we want this RP to start?

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 21st, 2002, 12:32:51 PM
Well whenever you want you can do the first RP...

The second, assassination RPs cannot be done until all the first Rps are completed.

Taylor Millard
Nov 21st, 2002, 12:53:08 PM
So what is the first RP gonna be? Us planning the assasinations and such?

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 21st, 2002, 11:26:07 PM
*smacks him upside the head* READ THE THREAD I will not repeat myself a fourth time!

Taylor Millard
Nov 22nd, 2002, 02:10:46 AM
Ow...okay okay...I will I will...