View Full Version : Club de la Lupe (open to force haters)

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:20:28 AM
The distribution was small, and highly targeted. All around Coruscant, there teemed a subcurrent of people who grew increasingly angry at recent events. They hated the Jedi, but didn't jump the cliche' and side with the Sith or Dark Jedi...for they were equally hated as well. Theirs was a fear of those with power...power over mind, body, spirit, and the universe around them. Few understood the magic that was the Force, and those that didn't usually feared the mystic wielders. They either led outright, or led from the shadows, and controlled the fate of the galaxy. It was no suprise then, that all one had to do was put a finger to the pulse of the galaxy, to feel the throbbings of anger. They radiated from firebrands and revolutionaries, who spread their rage to others, always mindful of being punished for their thoughts. Diego knew their fear all too well. His very existence had been founded upon it. Coruscant was a fruit ripe for picking, and the Lupine knew that once the seeds of unrest grew, there would be a reckoning.

Thus, the innocuous flyers were sent, arriving to those who lived restlessly under the shadow of the Force. It was an invitation to a party, where one of their views could meet with like minds, enjoy themselves, and talk about the future, without fear of hostility from the sorcerors of light and dark. The party came to pass on a humid, restless night, in what used to be the bowels of a carbonite processing facility, in lower Coco district. Now long abandoned, it was ideal...

Raven Callador
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:22:39 AM
Raven clutched the flyer in her hand as if her life depended on it. She had thought herself alone in her hate for the force users. She could remember the word's of her beloved parents. "Anyone who wields that type of power is destined to bring evil to innocents. Raven knew this to be all to true. Her parents had been slaughtered while her force using sister stood by and watched. Though Raine had protested her innocence, Raven still blamed her.

Years had passed in the hunt for her sister. Waiting in dark alleys, killing to survive. The years had not been kind to Raven's heart. She was a lot different from the person she used to be. The ready smile that lit her beautiful face at one time was scarcely seen. She body bore the scars of the evil power her sister held in her foolish grasp. The once delicate figure was now hardened by battle. The hands, that had once shook the hands of dinner guests, now clutched a sword stained by the blood of anyone who dared to get in her way. It had been a bitter time.

Thus Raven moved through the lower streets of Coruscant, in the dark places that had become all to familiar. In this place she would find a new type of friend, a new reason to hunt the thing that haunted her soul...

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:52:21 AM
The toe of Elena’s boot thudded against the box positioned in front of her. For a good five minutes she’d be absently swinging her leg back and forth, keeping the other propped against the metal rim of the crate she sat upon. Her eyes wandered down from the ceiling as she looked across to Diego. He’d worked fairly hard at making sure the right ‘clientele’ would receive the invites to their little gathering, and she was rather impressed. A smile crossed her lips - soon they would begin to arrive, and then they would see the true mettle of the people of Coruscant …

Goldeneyes
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:22:30 PM
Leaping to the boulder Krueger sniffed the night air he could smell the fear of his prey. The pack ran to left and to the right of goldeneye's the wild hunt was on. Ayabarra could feel the fear and hear the heartbeat of the man as he ran for his life his loud pleading was getting irritating.

The fat pig of a man stunk up the night air "Please I didnt know Ill go away you won't see me no more" he cried pitifully. The man hollered when one of the wolves nipped him in the leg causing him to fall. The Wolves surrounded him on the top of a moss covered boulder. Blood and sweat fell down his heavy frame as he carelessly fired his blaster into the night. Using the force the heavy set man threw limbs at the wolves pinning a large gray wolf as the rest scattered. Aiming the blaster at the wolf's head the big man spoke. "See what ye get when you mess with Daryn Wullebar."

Like the night wind Krueger snatched the big man up and dangled him over the outcropping of the boulder. "Wait" the big man begged I didn't know. "She was supposed to be a senators daughter how was I to know her father was some poor farmer." When I found out I killed her quickly the wee lass didn't feel a thing. You understand don't you the weak always fall prey to the strong its the law of the forest."

"I do understand."Krueger answered at last. The fat man sighed with relief "That's a good lad now put Daryn down and we will let bygones be bygones"

"As you wish" GoldenEyes dropped the man into the waiting pack of wolves he was torn to shreds before he even hit the ground. Ayabarra sat down on the boulder his tears ran down his face his body shook with uncontrollable sobbing. "Ashley my baby girl, oh that they had taken me instead of you. So young and precious an angel taken before her time. GoldenEyes howled with sorrow and the night joined him. Looking down at a crumpled piece of paper Krueger made a vow "Ashley from now on I will be the 'strong' the force users took the only light in my life and for that I will take there lives I swear it!!"

Nzambi
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:58:11 PM
She had once been a Sith. Before she'd been blinded to the force. Before her life had crashed down upon her. Before a blind rage had enveloped her at having been cut off from the thing she dedicated her life to so completely and totally. Even with her connection severed, her anger had consumed her. She hated not only the Lightsiders, but the Darkside as well; the Light for destroying her life, and the Dark for allowing such a thing to happen. And she would have her revenge on both.

But she wasn't stupid; she didn't rush into fights like a brash young apprentice. Instead, she sat back, watching and gauging situations, choosing to strike when her blow would be most effective; and most lethal. She was patient, calculating, and cruel; traits gleaned from her past life.

She would do her utmost to bring the force users to a grinding halt, then pound them mercilessly to the ground.

And that is what brought her here, summoned by a simple flyer. As she stepped into the abandoned carbonite processing plant, she let blue/green eyes scan the interior.

Interesting...

Nzambi had arrived.

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 13th, 2002, 06:27:43 PM
Once invitations had passed to the bouncer at the door, each in attendance entered the building through the metal, slatted entryway. Inside was drab and angular, which was lighted dimly by severe industrial lamps, and various strobes for ambiance and effect. Bass thumped through the club, as an industrial track played on the sound system. A small group of people danced around large speakers, while others conversed a distance away, over drinks. A large ventilation fan could be seen set into the far wall, turning slowly and causing a flicker of light as the blades passed in front of any lighting present outside. Atop a corrugated metal catwalk, two figures looked down at the people as they entered. In the darkness up high, Diego smiled, glancing to his daughter.

Goldeneyes
Oct 14th, 2002, 08:57:20 PM
The music and the lights pounded against Krueger. Not liking the noise he tried to find a quite corner in which to sit. Being raised in a small city he was not used to all the sights in the metropolis. He had made his way here to get the help necessary to avenge the death of Ashley. But now that he had arrived he felt he might have wasted his time. Force wielders would dread the day they ever heard of Krueger Ayabarra with or without the help of his mysterious host.

His heavy calloused hands held the delicate drinking glass with care. His heart heavy with the unnecessary death of his daughter Krueger waited for the meeting to begin. He sighed continuously as tears again fell down his face. The pain would not go away no matter how he willed it to. Her beautiful face and delicate features where all he thought about. "Why Lord why did you take my angel she was so tiny and precious. You should have taken me I would gladly take her place. Her place is in the sun playing in the flowers not in the dark cold ground where I had to leave her. Sob wracked his hard features as he could not control his emotions anymore. In his hand he held a tiny doll that she had played with holding it close to himself he waited for the meeting to start. ....

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 21st, 2002, 11:38:10 PM
It wasn't that she hated force users; she just felt wary around them.

But being with Diego Van Derveld had led her to do new and different things; to begin learning a way of life that was completely new to her. Since the little incident she'd caused on Arcan IV, where she and Arya Ravenwing had broken him out of prison, she'd stayed by his side, inseperable from him. She relied on him now, to teach her what she needed to know about her new life and how to deal with the changes that were still happening inside of her.

Right now though, she was, surprisingly enough, away from him, standing by herself off to the side of the get-together Diego had arranged. With a glance upwards, she spotted the older Lupine above her on a catwalk, a blonde standing beside him.

Her eyes never leaving his face, she watched him carefully. She'd wait to see what he had planned for the night.

Taro Idol
Oct 22nd, 2002, 05:58:05 AM
Time's getting on! I'd better be off to the venue. It's all Diego's doing, and he asked me to be there. I couldn't refuse. Usually I just turn up to places unnanounced. This time I was invited. Very touching. Better take a look at myself. The mirror's in need of a good wash but it'll have to do. Not bad! Maybe I'm overdoing it with the black. I know...

That's much better! A refreshing change from my normal attire. I can't even remember if there's still a place on this planet that sells black and white striped suits. All I need's a matching hat and I'll look like a zebharah crossing! If this isn't a statement of fashion then I don't know what is! Oh bugger! Look at the time. I'm late - I'm late, for a very important date. No time to say "Hello", Goodbye! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!.

Fifteen minutes is considered fashionably late in my book. And lets be honest - is there any other book worth reading than mine anyway? Besides - there's music and free booze here tonight. The later I am, the happier everyone will be - more time to get poisoned. Come to think of it - I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or not. Nevermind. Stepping out of the limo, I walk over to the secluded entrance to the disused industrial facility. The bouncer looks at me, allowing me to witness his best impersonation of an intimidating person. I show him my best impersonation, right after which he steps aside since he realises exactly who I am. Cheeky bugger! The next time somebody demands something from me I'll shove my cane up their rectum and advise them to become a racer since they're sorted for pole position. Upon entering the... establishment, I'm greeted with a hideous smell! I should have suggested no drugs be allowed when Diego mentioned this to me. The music's heavy and unwecoming. Like that bouncer's face just a moment ago. I walk down the dimly-lit corridor and step onto the dancefloor, surrounded by headbangers and moshers of all kinds of species. I never thought I'd see a Mon Calamari dancing to industrial music. A rather attractive young girl bumps into me and hisses in my face.

"Charming. Do you know Diego Van Derveld?"

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 22nd, 2002, 11:04:26 AM
It was hard to miss Taro. He had an "all eyes on me" flair to him, from the way he dressed, to the way he moved, and talked. Diego separated himself from his daughter, and moved his way down the catwalk, to the main area of the party. Along the way, he crossed paths with a larger man, crying into his drink. It was always a shame to see somebody on the end of their rope like that.

"Y'know...maybe you should find another way to solace yourself. The only thing worse than a sad, depressed man, is a sad, depressed drunkard."

Diego leaned in, setting the man's drink aside.

"I am Diego Van Derveld, and who might you be?"

He walked with Kruger through the masses, nodding to Taro as he did so. He would see to him shortly.

Raven Callador
Oct 22nd, 2002, 04:53:13 PM
Raven sat in the darkest corner she could find, still clutching the invitation she had received. The sounds of the room washed over her and her heart beat with it. She had no idea who this Diego was but anyone who was against force users were ok in her book.

She glanced around with mistrustful eyes. Her other hand clutched the dagger in her pocket. "Pays to be prepared." She muttered softly. Raven waved the barmaid away with irritation. She would not drink anything until she knew what was going on...

Goldeneyes
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:46:04 PM
My name is Kruger Ayabarra the prince of the wild hunt and your right. I've shed enough tears. Kruger stopped looking into the glass the answers would not be found in there. Turning to Diego his face took on a look of grim determination. This does not honor Ashley's memory.

Rising they walked together Kruger silently following Diego. A dark fellow appeared through the crowds. Goldeneyes heard him yell bugger this and bugger that and what a cheeky fellow. Kruger understood little maybe he needed a translator. He must admit though the fellow did draw his attention.

Keeping silent he decided to let Diego deal with his guests his obligations as host after all must be met.

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 23rd, 2002, 02:50:13 AM
Deciding there was little to do until her father briefed the gathering formally, Elena lowered herself down from the stage and began to survey those around. First the one trying so desperately to hide herself, Raven. She recalled having met this woman, in a ‘past life’, and smiled to herself, looking away to the next face. A man dressed ready for the hunt and no doubt a character at her fathers heart, ‘Goldeneyes’, a depressed looking figure. The next a woman in leather of some sort, at whom Elena tilted her head and quirked an eyebrow, allowing a more lewd smile to creep over her lips – which she corrected when she caught a glare from her father.

Then she saw the other Lupine, s’Ilancy, the one her father had taken to and had embraced as his private hunting partner. She didn’t have much time to mull over her before seeing a boisterous flamboyant figure in stark black and white enter. Hearing him speak, she chuckled quietly and leant back against the stage, offering a fanged smile to anyone who might look her way.

Gitane Blesse
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:33:29 AM
Gitane ran her tongue over her lips as she eyed the gathering, having slipped in while others seemed distracted by the entrance of a rather "colorful" man. She tucked a strand of pale hair behind her ear, her boots making light clinks against the floor with each step. She wasn't really sure if she belonged here; She was still training herself to not use the Force...So did she really hate it, or its users? No... Not yet. Otherwise she would hate herself, and she's already been through that mess.

Her jade fingers tugged her jacket to cover more of her chest; a small, mesh halter top decorating her bust under it. Then, she took another look around the room, suddenly remembering the true purpose she came here. A grin crossed her face as she spotted Elena. She leapt over a chair, casually walking over to the woman and placing a kiss full on her lips as a hello.

Rath Ancabra
Oct 23rd, 2002, 10:53:21 AM
A guttural string of curse-words streamed through Rath's gritted teeth - they seemed to be permanently fixed in that position - as he veered around the aliens and other humans cluttering the dancefloor, making sure that no one dared to touch him. He hated dancing. He hated industrial music. He hated crowds. Come to think of it, there wasn't much he didn't hate, but the Force just so happened to rank particularly high on that list.

Then there was Taro. He cussed again. The man was drawing attention to himself like flies to dung, but his so-called 'master' seldom acted without purpose. And these purposes usually involved sticking out like a diseased fungal toe. For his part, Rath was dressed as any self-respecting metalhead would - and which seemed the norm around these parts.

Once he was standing alongside Idol, he curled back his lips and snarled, glaring daggers into the stammering girl who was being questioned. There were more important things to discuss right now: namely, himself, and why he had been dragged all the way out here to this (literally) stinking hellhole.

"Kindly explain to me again why we're here, oh glorious leader of mine."

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:09:34 PM
"Mr. Idol...I'm glad you could attend our little gathering."

Diego smiled, age creasing his face somewhat as he approached the brightly-clad man. He turned back to Kruger, gesturing him forward.

"Come, my friend, I have somebody for you to meet."

His eyes momentarily traveled up to Elena and Gitane, causing his jawline to tighten.

Goldeneyes
Oct 23rd, 2002, 10:28:59 PM
"Okay sir, lead the way for I am at your disposal. Are you of the wild hunt sir you have the bearing of a prince?" Forgive my forwardness but your quick movements and dress mark you as one of the old people. is this true?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 24th, 2002, 12:30:33 AM
s'Il watched as Tarot strode into the building, her brows raising a little at his clothes, and when Diego walked up to him, she observed the exchange silently. Her eyes soon wandered though, and she caught sight of Elena, Diego's daughter. She hadn't had much of a chance to talk to the woman, and disengaging herself from the wall she was leaning against, s'Il made her way through the press of people towards the stage. She paused a little when another woman approached Elena, planting a firm kiss on the woman's lips, and s'Il's brows lifted once more.

This would be an interesting night.

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 24th, 2002, 04:04:50 AM
Giving Gitane a nose-to-nose nuzzle, she smiled warmly. The Falleen had been the last person she’d expected to see at the gathering, but she was pleasantly surprised. Elena whispered a few words of greeting and thanks for coming, and then nodded towards her father, directing her lover’s gaze at Diego. At this point, as she looked back to Gitane, she saw s’Ilancy looking her way and gave her a little wave in return for the stare that she had locked upon her fellow Lupine.

Gitane Blesse
Oct 25th, 2002, 03:53:59 AM
A playfully innocent smile light her lips as Gitane looked to Diego. She chewed on her lip absently, slipping an arm around her beloved's waist. Her cheek briefly rested on Elena's shoulder as she eyed the woman staring at them.

"I don't believe I'm approved of, Love." She kissed Elena's neck as she whispered, giving a light shrug.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 26th, 2002, 11:29:22 AM
Approaching Elena and her Falleen companion, s'Il offered a smile. Her hands dusted against her worn military trousers, and wading through the sea of people she shouldered her way to where Elena stood.

She stopped before the other Lupine, mouthing a hello while inclining her head to both women.

Taro Idol
Oct 26th, 2002, 03:13:13 PM
Oh goody - Rath spoke! I'd better break out the bubbly. Okay, so it wasn't an intelligent question, but it's certainly worth a small celebration. And at least he's actually bothered about the fact that we're here!

"It's quite tedious really. But neccessary. Everybody here is in our boat, albeit in the lower levels along with the other lower-class gnat-bags. Diego has invited them...you remember Diego don't you? The big guy - he's over there - who came by the house a few times last week. He invited them here to see what they're like, what they're made of. As you may or may not remember, Diego's a Lupine - so basically....."

"Yeah yeah yeah, I got it, I remember now!"

Praise the Lord! He gets it! Time to find the bar. There'd better be free Absinthe! That's definitely my favourite tipple! Hang on. Diego. The drink will have to wait.

"Evening Diego...Nice place. Good music."

Azure Regalia
Oct 26th, 2002, 03:30:54 PM
It wasn't everyday the Bounty Hunter received an invitation. Especially not one for recreation. Yet, the headline on the invitation had piqued her interest.

Recently, she'd come to the conclusion she had been bred to hunt Force users. There was no other explaination for her natural abilites... if one could call them natural. She still had completely unmasked her entire past, but this much she knew: Deep inside her she had no love for those that used the Force... to her they were untrustworthy.

The invitation had come to one of her private mail computers in a run down apartment on the lower levels of Coruscant. From her ship, she had picked the message up and decripted it. After some thought, she decided to check this party out.

Arriving fashionably late, she had worn her usual attire, minus a few weapons. She entered the room, filled with smoke, music, and the voices of many beings. Her yellow eyes scanned the area before she spotted a booth with a dorid serving drinks. She made a straight line for the booth and ordered a Bothan ale. Though Bothans weren't exactly the type you'd trust to baby sit your kids, they made an excellent ale... one that was guaranteed to knock your socks off if you hadn't had one before.

She took the bottle, ignoring the glass set beside it, and took a swig, leaning against a wall and watching the milling crowd... none of which were Force users. She half smiled to herself. Yeah, this was her kind of crowd.

Goldeneyes
Oct 27th, 2002, 07:10:03 PM
Kruger waited patiently for Diego to finish with his guests but they kept arriving. Holding his peace he waited a little more.......

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 29th, 2002, 11:07:38 PM
"I'm glad you approve, Mr. Idol."

Diego smiled, shaking his guest's hand.

"Please, enjoy yourself, and feel free to spread your message to our entourage. I have some of that peculiar green liquor that you prefer stocked at the bar."

Out of the corner of his eye, Diego spotted Kruger, milling behind him. He gestured for the man, introducing him to his colleague.

"Taro Idol, meet Kruger Ayabara."

He looked to the long-haired fighter.

"Mr. Idol has been promoting the advocacy of force awareness throughout the galaxy, and understands the concerns of those who are uncomfortable with these sorcerors. He's looking for not only those who understand his message, but those who have the means to do something about it."

Diego slapped a hand on the man's shoulder.

"Remember, we cannot grieve forever."

Diego's blue eyes seemed to brighten, as he glanced back to Taro.

"Now if you'll excuse me...I have other business to attend to. Please enjoy the party."

He smiled, and walked away, toward Raven, Nzambi, and Azure.

Elena Van Derveld
Oct 30th, 2002, 11:26:09 AM
“Evening, S’Ilancy,” she called out.

Slipping away from Gitane, she took a few paces forward to get within a distance that speaking wouldn’t be strained and they could both hear each other without effort.

“Interesting crowd tonight, hmm?”

A quick scan of the room revealed a new arrival, an unusual looking one at that.

“… Do you know if father has something planned, or are we just supposed to mingle?”

Goldeneyes
Oct 30th, 2002, 07:50:18 PM
Waiting until Diego was departed from there prescence Ayabarra turned to Taro. Krueger looked at Idol with his yellow intense eye's "What are these means that you speak of. I would know more if you please."

Azure Regalia
Oct 30th, 2002, 11:45:46 PM
The Huntress became tired of leaning against the wall, and set herself atop one of the stools near the booth where the drinks were being served. She placed her back to the rest of the room, instead staring at the odd painting behind the booth. Her slender, versatile tail wrapped itself around one of the stool's legs as she continued to drink and study the painting in silence.

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 31st, 2002, 01:31:40 AM
"Good evening"

A voice spoke from behind Azure, as a rough hand brushed against her shoulder.

"I...don't believe we have met before."

Raven Callador
Oct 31st, 2002, 10:57:41 AM
Raven's cold, pale blue eyes weighed everything around her. Her mouth was drawn into a small tight line. She had no way of knowing who here could use the force, so she trusted no one. She knew force users could be tricky and underhanded. She had seen it first hand with her sister. The way Raine had watched there parents die, how she had ran from her duty as a daughter. In Raven's eyes, Raine had set it up, due to the evil power she had no right to have.

There parents had made no pretense of there views of the force. From the Jedi to the Sith, they were all the same. Using a power best left untapped. The force users wielded it without thought to others. Without the knowledge of what they possessed. They were all disasters waiting to happen.

Ravens scarred hand caressed the hilt of her scythe. Her hate was clearly etched in her eyes. If this so called meeting turned out to be another of her sister's tricks, there would be a lot of blood shed from it's honed edge. As a man came closer, Raven leaned deeper into the shadowed corner she had chosen. Her eyes glimmered softly from the soft light at her table.

Azure Regalia
Oct 31st, 2002, 04:04:00 PM
The Bounty Hunter was in the middle of bringing the bottle of ale to her lips when the hand on her shoulder and voice near her ear made her turn her head. She looked at the man for a moment, her mind going through the various faces she'd seen in her line of work, but this one didn't ring any sort of bell. She set the bottle down and turned on the stool to face him.

Indeed. We've never met before.

Her yellow eyes flicked off him briefly to look at the room, before returning to his.

But it seems we have something in common: We're both here. And, that being the case, it leads me to assume we both have no love for Force-users.

Diego Van Derveld
Nov 3rd, 2002, 11:27:00 PM
"That would be the point to this."

He smiled, eyes glancing sidelong at Raven briefly, before returning to Azure.

"My name is Diego Van Derveld. Thank you for your company, Miss?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 4th, 2002, 12:57:25 AM
s'Il smiled at Elena as they neared eachother, and at the other woman's question, cast a metallic look around her at the crowds surrounding them.

"Diego said nothing to me; only telling me to be here."

She looked back at Elena; the woman was interesting from what s'Il had seen of her, though that time had often been scarce. She'd have to get to know the other Lupine better.

Azure Regalia
Nov 4th, 2002, 02:32:57 AM
...Regalia. Azure Regalia.

She looked at the man to see if he recognized the name. It wasn't that her name was that well known, but those that put out substantial bounties were usually picked up by her, and her name had received a good reputation of getting jobs done qucikly and efficiently.

She herself wouldn't put her name up as high as those like the legendary Jango or Boba Fett, but she liked to hold her own small pedastal. To her, fame was not the answer... only the hunt.

She looked about her breifly before returning her attention back to Diego.

It would appear you have received a decent gathering for your party.

Diego Van Derveld
Nov 4th, 2002, 11:40:22 PM
"Ah, the shape shifter."

Recognition dawned on Diego's face...remembering the woman from some of his prior employment. They worked for the same people, more or less.

"Your reputation preceeds you, Miss Regalia. Please, enjoy the party. The entertainment will pick up after a moment. In the meantime, feel free to mingle with like minds."

He looked at Raven, smiling cordially, and then looked back again.

"No need to worry about Jedi or Sith in a place like this."

Azure Regalia
Nov 5th, 2002, 04:49:24 PM
The Huntress raised an eyebrow, nodding her head.

You flatter me, Mr. Van Derveld, but I am not a shape shifter. Cameleon would be more appropriate.

She raised her bottle in his general direction.

But the compliment is taken, none the less.

I shall perhaps speak with you later.

He then left to attend to the other guests, leaving her alone again with what ale was left in the bottle and the odd painting behind the bar.

Nzambi
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:18:40 PM
Nzambi had watched all that transpired, her eyes instantly drawn to the man who'd arrived in a flurry of attention, his clothes seemingly screaming. She observed as he conversed with another, much more wild man; their host, no doubt.

The ex-Sith waited for the gathering to get underway, declining offers to drink and dance.

Raven Callador
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:20:45 AM
Raven nodded her head and moved her hand from the hilt of her scythe. "One can never be to careful of Force users." She muttered softly. She watched the one who had spoken. His presence was commanding, but something about him left her wary.

She motioned to a passing droid. "Bring me a Corillian ale." She tossed her credits onto the small tray it held. Raven watched and waited...

Diego Van Derveld
Nov 11th, 2002, 02:29:41 AM
"No doubt."

Most of the people in attendance were your standard hate-mongers...full of sound and fury, but of little else that mattered. A handful, like Raven, seemed to carry the latent power to bring rhetoric into the realm of reality. Diego admired this sense of action. It was like a royalty all its own.

"I've not had the pleasure of your acquaintance, Miss...?"

Raven Callador
Nov 11th, 2002, 03:12:28 AM
Raven looked the man in the eye her gaze never wavered. She had no trust for anyone, not anymore. She had lost that innocence long ago. Raven's silver eyes, though they were as hard as granite, were beautiful, and utterly cold.

"Callador, Raven preferably, and you are I take it the host for tonight?" She sipped her drink. Her eyes were still fixed firmly on his. She pushed the chair in front of her out with her foot. Offering him a seat in her own way. She had never been one for false pleasantries. Though not rude, she would not mince words.

"May I ask what this is truly about, and your name? Or will you explain in your own due time?"

Taro Idol
Nov 11th, 2002, 06:02:37 AM
Absynthe! Fantastic! I think I'll partake of some of the... my green vitae right now. Just to add some fire to the evenings events right off the bat.

"What are these means that you speak of. I would know more if you please."

Damn! The drink will have to wait I suppose! On first impressions this guy seems like an impressionable kind of guy - but I initially doubt he posesses the fervour to act out anything of use. But as they say - you should never judge a book by it's cover! After all, people say I have that "controversial rockstar" look about myself! What a joke. Okay, maybe I'm a tad controversial but you won't catch me singing my guts out on a stage. Unless I was singing about my internal hatred for force users. Or even my external hatred for force users - it's not like there's a difference!

"Er...Krueger? Krueger! Well Krueger, two words that could be used to describe me are 'preacher' and 'guide'. You see...I preach to others. Don't worry, I'm not some kind of religious zealot or fanatic in any way - I'm actually atheistic. No, I preach what should and should not be, rather than what is - although that comes into it I suppose. Just think for a moment. Can you actually imagine a galaxy without the Force? My apologies! Can you imagine a galaxy without use of the Force. Without manipulation of the Force. Without abuse of the Force. I certainly can. And I only wish to preach that which can restore order to the galaxy. Order doesn't lie in the Jedi or the Sith or any other sub-category you care to acknowledge. It lies in human effort and human skill and human understanding - not other-worldly enlghtenment or control over the elements or even life and death itself. That's nature's domain where we have no business interfering."

He seems interested. So far so good. I just hope he doesn't lose interest due to the half-naked girl walking past!

"If somebody is meant to die even after we have tried in a human way, then it is up to Nature to determine their fate - not us! We've tried and failed and should leave it at that. Then some Force user shows up and tries to heal that person by manipulating Nature. The long-term consequences of such manipuation are unimaginable. It Nature finite? If so, then we should not use it up unnecessarily! But Force-users do, don't they! Even if it is infinite, that is even more reason not to manipulate or abuse it. The power and resources of all the militaries in the galaxy is limited by both physical and sentient resources. So even a warlord or insane dictator will run out of power eventually. But a sadistic wielder of an infinite power such as Nature - the Force - could go on for eternity and possibly even beyond!"

I feel like I've rehersed this so many times considering I'm reeling it out at such a rate without really thinking or preparing. But it's only because it's so simple for me to understant - it makes more sense to me than waiting in line at the bank or repulsor-stop! After all, I never wait in line - I have my own driver!

"I try to help people understand why the Force is such a destructive and fragile thing when used by others, and why it should be left to Nature. Only by understanding the problem can it be countered. And that's were I step in as a guide. Through preaching, I deliver the information. And through guiding, I help to further the cause by co-ordinating and organising those who understand to actually do something about the problem. After all - the hyperdrive didn't magically appear once the theory was written down or even thought up! It was people who brought that about! And it is poeople who will bring about peace and justice and equality. Not people abusing Nature! Human ingenuity! Not Force-enhanced ingenuity or Force-enhanced skill. Absolute power corrupts absolutely - and power over Nature itself is most definitely absolution!"

I wonder if he's going to follow up any points I made or just stare at me blankly and utter a pathetic "huh!?". On the other hand he could produce a lightsaber and kill me in the name of some clan or sect or God or whatnot. Sure I'll be dead, but my point will be proven. Although it goes against my motto!

Awww! And you thought you were going to find out my motto! Life's full of disappointments, ain't it!?

Rath Ancabra
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:19:14 PM
Under ordinary circumstances, he would most likely have pistol-whipped Taro across the skull by now. That man never did realize when to shut up! Rath's stark white eyes - praise be to contacts - surveyed the room indifferently, coming to land on a woman whose attention had, like everyone else, been roused by the air of prominence Idol seemed to radiate (frelling annoying and stuck-up, more like it).

Rath grunted loudly and headed over to Nzambi's table. They were here for a reason; might as well fulfill it. Besides, he had a show to do later on in the night, and if he was a good little boy maybe Taro would leave early. As much as a pain as the man could be... he did have a way with words. Good publicist, and right now, Rath's band was in desperate need of media hype.

He dragged out a chair and slumped down heavily. "You want something?" he growled, sneering down at the girl.

Goldeneyes
Nov 13th, 2002, 12:39:13 AM
Your words are interesting but foolish. You claim to be an atheist and then spout about the perfection of nature as if it has a will and a choice. Am I a religious zealot? Or do I just use my sense. Don't let the clothes fool you IM not the village idiot. I ask you to listen to someone who has spent some time in nature. The work of nature is by design.

You think the tree's give off oxygen while we breathe carbon monoxide which they need, that this is an accident? The universe is a carefully designed creation you yourself know that each planet in the universe has a gravitational pull. That if one planet in the whole system was off by an inch it would throw the whole galaxy into destruction.

Your very body should be a testament to you that there is a creator. You have a skeleton which is your frame. Your heart is an engine and your veins a lubrication system. Even in this day and age when we have cracked the DNA code. We can see there was a master designer all along. Who else could make animals so small that they cannot be seen with he naked eye. Inventions such as robotics, cameras, airplanes where copied from nature. Even with all our serious studies we cannot duplicate nature's perfection. But you say that what we can't create by design nature made on accident?

The odds of you standing here and moving and breathing without a creator is the same odds as if there was an explosion outside and poof there is your car. Engines, tires, steering wheel and gas metal and rubber. But hey it slowly crawled out of the oil time after time for a millions of years and it formed a Car? Come on you would laugh me to scorn. Because we are flesh and not metal made with a far superior design are we any less created and designed. I have come seeking power to teach those who abuse there gifts, there use of the force. I don't think we are ready. I have also come to gain some measure of revenge. So no disrespect but to cut to the chase I have come for power and power alone. Can you give this to me or shall I seek another. I sensed from you that you wanted an intelligent answer I hope this satisfies your desire for conversation. My daughter lies dead at the hands of a force user so forgive me if I am brisk in my comments. My thirst for revenge has made me cut to the quick.

Taro Idol
Nov 13th, 2002, 04:06:57 AM
"Okay...at least you've thought about what I said, though I didn't say Nature was perfect. And explain Alderaan. And if you want to debate whether or not there's some kind of great caring creator, there's a place called the Jedi Temple and they'll be only too happy to discuss it all day - your views seem to agree with theirs. But in the meantime, have a drink and maybe we'll talk later."

Nature Boy! This guy's at a convention for Force-haters and yet he acts like a damn Jedi. Obviously he's not going to see things in the correct light, so I'm wasting my time. On my way to the bar - Absynthe time! - I almost bump into Diego...

"...bad move inviting Krueger. He isn't passionate enough. He's kinda in the middle whereas my right wing is flapping and the left one is grey! I'll talk to you a little later. I need to know a little more about Krueger - something I can work with."

ooc: May be just me, but you seem to have concentrated on the "nature" aspect of my post at the negligence of the "Force" aspect.

Diego Van Derveld
Nov 15th, 2002, 10:57:39 PM
"My name is Diego. You were invited here because you have no love of the force, and unlike most who share your anger, have some amount of talent."

He smiled.

"Relax, and enjoy your stay here. The purpose will be revealed in time."

Diego separated himself from Raven momentarily, to spend time in Taro's company. He could understand Mr. Idol's cynical nature for what it was.

"Perhaps. But I am less interested in politics at this level, and more interested in fierceness. When the time comes to fight, no one will give pause for rhetoric, Mr. Idol. If violence talks, our man Krueger could be an orator, and that is enough for me."

He clasped a hand around Taro's shoulder.

"The beauty of revenge is that it can be guided and steered...but always drives forward."

Parting, Diego made his way back to Elena, Gitane, and S'Il. He turned back to Idol as he walked away.

"Might I suggest a vantage from the catwalk. The party is about to get more lively. I wouldn't want someone careless to spill something unpleasant on your attire."

Taro Idol
Nov 21st, 2002, 03:37:19 PM
"Hmm....alright. I'll talk to him again a little later. See you upstairs..."

Moving away from Diego, the bar catches my eye, with Rath and some girl to the right of the stool I had my eye on before Krueger showed up and started talking and moaning. Now I can claim what is rightfully mine.

An Absynthe!

After that it's up, up and awaaaaay from the malcontents and their moshing. I think I'll take heed of Diego's advice. I quite like this suit!

Diego Van Derveld
Nov 23rd, 2002, 08:44:52 PM
The party got underway in earnest, a band taking the stage and filling the building with hard, loud music, full of angst and energy. A throng of people gathered at the stage, moving to the beat of the noise, as Diego made his way to S'Ilancy and Elena. His blue eyes gleamed, as he searched their faces.

"Well...are there any here of use to us?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 24th, 2002, 06:03:31 PM
She shrugged, looking around her at the throng of people surrounding them.

"This is your night, Diego; far be it from me to choose who your followers will be."

She gave him a faint grin then. "There may be a few."

Nzambi
Nov 24th, 2002, 06:12:32 PM
Casting a disinterested glance at the newcomer, Nzambi rolled her eyes.

"If I didn't want anything before, I certainly don't want anything now."

She returned his sneer with one of her own, and crossing her legs, she leaned her elbows on the tabletop.

"And what is it you hope to come away withm tonight?"

Elena Van Derveld
Dec 11th, 2002, 02:15:35 PM
She gave a shrug and a whimsical smile, surveying once more the gathering.

“I do rather like that Taro character,” Elena remarked, then adding, “Not that other … depressed looking one, though.”

Taro Idol
Dec 11th, 2002, 03:27:10 PM
I feel like a model up here on the catwalk. Down below, between the bar and the moshpit, Rath is still chatting up some woman. I think he's struck gold! Though I don't think it'll last. Maybe he'll get her in bed but that'll be it. No wedding bells. Only hells bells. Just as well I'm up here actually! It looks pretty rough down there and I'm not dressed for the occasion. Still, the music's quite good.

And I don't want ya
And I don't need ya
Don't bother to resist or I'll beat ya
It's not your fault that you're always wrong
The weak ones are there to justify the strong

It has a certain ring to it! Maybe I could use some of that in one of my sermons!

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 12th, 2002, 02:25:30 PM
"I agree. He's useless to us. The green one as well. She won't be of use either."

Diego tapped a comm device on his wrist, speaking lowly.

"Close the doors. It's time."

With a sparkle of mischief in his eye, Diego gestured to the end of the catwalk.

"It's time to begin the party. Lok, Elena...let's go."

He gave Taro a look that told him that it would be best not to follow.

Goldeneyes
Dec 13th, 2002, 12:18:59 AM
Goldeneye's knew something was wrong. Immediately he backed against the wall pulling his coat off. He rested his hands on his bone blade's secured in his waist belt. Being sad was one thing but being stupid another. He had trusted Diego and would wait for the man to prove him wrong before making any careless assumption's. But he had an itch between his shoulder blade's that said something was wrong. His senses had served him to well in the past to ignore them now. Watching everyone his thickly muscled arm's seemed to tense waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Elena Van Derveld
Dec 13th, 2002, 01:30:43 PM
A little confused, it took Elena a few seconds to register what was going to happen next, though she was sure she had it pinned in her mind before they reached the catwalk. She leant her head towards her fathers, and muttered:

“… This is where we kill them, right?”

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 16th, 2002, 06:51:09 PM
Diego turned back to his daughter, clasping a hand at her shoulder.

"Enjoy yourself. Spare the gifted. The rest are yours. We are the new nobility here, and all will respect and fear us, because we are the only ones who can defy those they truly fear...and that makes us powerful."

With S'Ilancy and Elena in tow, Diego made his way to the stage, pausing to pull an ominous-looking black hood over his head, and drawing his dark robe around him. S'Ilancy and Elena likewise had similar apparell, and the three black-clad figures stepped onto the stage, as the lighting dimmed.

"Welcome...to the party of the year!"

Raven Callador
Dec 16th, 2002, 08:14:11 PM
Raven had watched each person silently. Her eyes straying to her strange host time and again. She had no idea what was about to happen, but she had a gut feeling it was going to be unpleasant. She lifted her sword from her lap, and stood, backing into the dim shadows protecting her back. She was unsure if they had lured her here to die, but she was bound and determined to take a few with her if that was the case.

Her eyes narrowed, and her full lips twisted into a growl. "Come on..." Her cold voice called out.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 16th, 2002, 11:47:49 PM
Standing to the right and a little behind Diego, s'Il sucked in a long breath; she was ready, and turning a little to look at Elena from beneath her hood, she let out the air in her lungs with a hiss.

Tonight would be interesting...

Taro Idol
Dec 17th, 2002, 03:33:24 AM
Luckily for me, the action was to take place downstairs. So that meant I had the best seat in the house for tonights main event. But I can't watch murder and madness on an empty sober stomach! Fortunately the bar was directly below the catwalk's right end, and the Absynthe bottle was left unattended. Innocently sliding over to the other side of the catwalk, I reveal a magnet on the end of my cane, whilst simultaneously extending the shaft down towards the bottle. Thank Hell the bottle top was magnetic! I hoist it up sharply so that the bartender doesn't grab it before I do. Once it's in my hand the top's off and my glass is re-filled.

"Ahh! Much better!"

Leaning over the bar of the catwalk I survey the room below. Diego's on stage with his biatches all ready to rumble. Grinning, I whisper under my breath in Rath's direction as he stares up at me...

"Let the mayhem begin!"

Vampyre Dalamar
Dec 28th, 2002, 02:32:20 PM
Dalamar stood outside on an adjacent rooftop. Scrathcing the stubble on his chin he wondered why there was such a concentration of Lupine power down below. "What are you up to Diego." His com lit up distracting him from his musings. "Hmnn, until later then Lupine's." Dalamar left only his bootprints in the sand as he left.

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:58:22 AM
The crowd rose to a fervor pitch, excited as three hooded figures assembled on the stage. Diego drew his hood back, staring at his audience intensely for several minutes. Finally, he spoke.

"We are here, because we are restless. Restless, and angry at the ones we know are pulling the strings in the shadows. A few sect members, possessing freakish powers, and declaring dominion over all. Now, one wakes up one day to find that things like freedom and self determination are myths...soured by the power of sorcery."

He shook his head.

"But soon, it won't be that way. Soon...there will be a reckoning, and a culling. And those who hide in shadow won't be able to use their power to stop this rebellion."

Diego gazed out into the energetic mob.

"Who is willing to fight?"

The noise increased exponentially...and Diego smiled, nodding once to S'Ilancy and Elena, as he drew his hood over his head once more.

It was time.

As the crowd chanted louder than ever, and the band played behind...Diego, enshrouded by a dark robe, lowered to his knees and changed.

Goldeneyes
Dec 29th, 2002, 09:24:23 AM
Kruger was not sure of what was happening but he was as ready as he could be. Couldn't these dancing fools see what was going on. The winds of change where sown and only those with the foresight to grasp the power needed to survive would survive. Bitterness grew sharp in his heart these reckless, ruthless people danced there life away not knowing that death on four legs was about to visit them. Kruger felt the palaple prescence on the stage begin to alter. Some people looked on thinking it part of the show, not knowing that one of life lessons was upon them.

Kruger smiled. The ripples of power where about to change and Kruger would have first hand in the new Way!

Elena Van Derveld
Jan 12th, 2003, 03:21:09 PM
The change for Elena was still painful. Unlike her father she was plagued with a splitting headache each time she changed, and found herself whimpering on first becoming a wolf. None the less, her robes shrunk back and the form of a blonde wolf soon inhabited the folds of cloth. Without waiting for any command, she took it upon herself to begin the evenings ‘work’, and vaulted clean off of the stage straight into one of the guests, clamping row upon row of razor sharp fangs against their neck.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 19th, 2003, 04:50:55 PM
The beast that flew from the robe s'Il had previously been shrouded in, dove into the throng of people. Jaws snapping viciously and tail whipping about, she closed her toothfilled maw around one guest's arm, and with a wrenching pull, threw the man over and down to the ground. She clamped down even harder, and lifting her head up, heard the snap as her jaws ripped his arm from it's socket. She dropped the appendage then, and leapt at her next victim, leaving her first to scream in horror at the loss of his limb and eventual death from bloodloss.

The silverbacked vornskr was merciless in her attacks.

Diego Van Derveld
Feb 24th, 2003, 05:48:35 PM
Diego's form hunched over, and contorted, ripping the dark cloak asunder as he morphed into his quadriped state. The various senses sharpened to perfect clarity, and his eyesight reflected the world in monochrome, which accentuated movement around him. The large, grey-furred vornskr watched the two females on his flanks strike out into the crowd, cutting wide swaths of terror through the ranks. His gold eyes glinted, and Diego charged through, headed for a familiar long-haired man at the back of the audience. No one dared step in his way.

Elena Van Derveld
Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:06:02 PM
The man Elena had attacked toppled quickly, though she did nothing to him after her first attack – the bite wounds to his jugular would bleed him to death eventually, and she was no one for such wanton destruction as her counterpart sIlancy seemed to be. As she bounded off of a still flailing body, she watched her father dart for one man and decided against following, instead favouring to help sIlancy (she dearly needed to get to know the woman better, and hunting in a party together would prove a good base block for a growing relationship).

The blonde wolf vaulted straight into the crowd where the silver vornskyr was, snarling gruffly.

Azure Regalia
Mar 3rd, 2003, 06:10:27 PM
The Bounty Hunters eyes widened as she realized what this party was truely about. Her gut had been screaming earlier that this was all too good, and now she undersood why. Some were being chosen to enter into the ranks, while others were being exterminated. This was the last time she'd come to a party that she didn't know who the inviting host was.

She side stepped a charging vornskyr, as it dove past into the chaotic crowd behind her, tearing at whatever flesh it could. As much as this wasn't her fight, she felt cheated and that her time had been wasted. Snarling, she took out her blaster and aimed, firing at the vornskyr that had just sailed past her. The wolf-dog howled in pain, whirling on her. She eyed it with gold yellow eyes as it snarled back at her. She threw it a mock-kiss before tossing a small silver sphere at it that had been hidden in her left palm. The sphere exploded into an elecro-net, encasing the wolf and shocking it, leaving it's fur smoldering. It slumped to the ground, not dead, but definitely dazed.

She turned her head to watch the rest of the scene and figured it wasn't worth staying for. With a final look at the whimpering vornskyr under the now spent electro-net, she turned towards one of the exits, stepping over a fallen body, and making her way there.