PDA

View Full Version : I reckon I should join ya, if you'll have me.

Ezekiel Frost
Sep 30th, 2002, 10:23:12 PM
A tall, gaunt man walks into the recruitment center. He carries a large, leather bound tome in his hands. His leather duster rests on his shoulders, and a wide-brimmed hat sits atop his head. He appears to be in his mid-forties. He is unshaven, with eyes that perpetually squint, as if from bright sunlight, but seem sharp none the less. He bows to the assembly. He then speaks in a quiet, gravelly voice.

"Hello there. Name's Ezekiel Frost. Word is that yall are the defenders of the Light, so I figured I should join ya, if you'd have me. I may be old, but I'll fight for ya as long as there's breath in my body, and I'll never depart from the Word of Light till my dyin' day. Will you have me?"

Salemn Lysce
Oct 1st, 2002, 03:02:56 PM
Once more Salemn found herself wandering into the Recruitment Center. It was becoming more of a habit, and found that even though she was more of a loner, she secretly enjoyed greeting newcomers. Hello there. Name's Ezekiel Frost. The voice was laden with sincerity and age, but none the less, it drew her towards the speaker.

She found a man with a brimmed hat and listened to the rest of his words, and smiled slightly. He seemed honest and spoke with meaning.

< Greetings, Ezekiel. I see that you wish to the join the ranks of the Jedi. I am Salemn, a Knight of this order. Might I inquire why you have decided to seek this path ? >

He found that he heard her 'voice' in his head, instead of them being spoken out loud. It was because she was mute and had learned as a child to speak through the Force.

He, however, could only see a person dressed in brown robes, with the hood drawn up. She stood about 5'3 in height even though her head was bowed. It wasn't an intimidating sight, just one that Salemn presented to everyone she greeted.

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 1st, 2002, 03:54:06 PM
The tall man bows at the new figure, slightly suprised at the voice in his head. He had heard of the Jedi speaking this way, but had never experienced it first hand.

"Nice trick... talkin' in my head, and all..." he mutters. "Well, I follow the Light for many reasons. It's just the right thing to do, I suppose. That, and I have no love for the Dark Side. A group of 'em killed my family several years ago. Vengance may not be the way of the Jedi, but I don't see anything wrong with a reckoning."

He stops speaking for a bit, gathering his thoughts.

"Mainly, I don't want anyone to go through what I did. I wanna protect the weak with all I've got. And I need more training to do that."

Salemn Lysce
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:10:10 PM
Inwardly she smiled - if he would truly dedicate himself to the life of a Jedi, he would make a wonderful Server of the Light.

< A most excellent answer, but being a Jedi requires willpower and patience - and most of all, honor. You will be discriminated against for the life you have chosen, and the Sith will do everything they can to destroy you. Are you ready to accept this ? >

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:43:20 PM
He chuckles slightly at the lady's words.

"Well, ma'am, to be honest, I think I'm more than ready. I used to be a farmer, before my family was taken. Nothin' builds willpower and patience like tillin' the ground and waitin' for 'em to sprout. And worrying about a few dirty looks? Heck, I been an outcast for near as long as I can remember. Don't bother me none. I accept."

Salemn Lysce
Oct 3rd, 2002, 11:27:10 AM
A farmer, eh ? Well, maybe he could give her some tips on how to make the last shelf of her herbs grow - if he knew anything about it. Seeing no need for more questioning, since he basically answered everything needed to be known, Salemn reached up and lowered her hood. She looked like any other girl her age; Blond, tousseled hair, soft brown eyes - the only thing that stood out were the dark rings under her eyes, caused from Insomnia.

< Then I welcome you into the folds of our Order. You will be assigned a Master as soon as possible, and here is a holo map which will show you the whereabouts of everything. >

The girl reached into her robes and pulled out a cubed object, which was the holo map itself. Handing it to Ezekiel, Salemn smiled slightly.

< If you ever need any help, my Quarters are located on the second floor - it's the only door with a potted prayer lily next to it. Or, you can just send a message and I'll meet you in the Academy. >

With that, she bowed her head slightly, then turned to leave.

Ezekiel Frost
Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:01:03 PM
Ezekiel tips his hat to the girl.

"I thank ye. Evenin' to ya, ma'am."

Ezekiel stares at the cube for some time, trying to decipher the method by which the cube could be activated. After a bit of playing around, he activates the map and reads it, searching for the quarters. Once he locates his room, he tips his hat to the council, and heads towards his room.