PDA

View Full Version : Fleeting discussion

Telan Desaria
Sep 30th, 2002, 12:49:27 PM
Many of use fleet, while many more of us do not. Whether with ships we create, or left over from the depths of the infamous Bean Counting days, we all use ships in rping.

So here is my question to those of you who have read all the books, now specs inside and out, and can answer the question: what deck is the auxiallary galley located on a Mk II Impstar.

We all speak of standard fighter deployment. Well, what is that?

We array our fleets. But how? How does one cover on'es a*s*s*?

What is the range of a turbolaser? Given the speed you travel in battle condiditons, five kilometers is over in the blink of an eye. By the time you fired, you would have passed your adversary.

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Are X-wings kept in racks like TIEs? If not, their hangars would reqiure much more space than their equivalent TIE squadrons. So realistically a landing bayt on a Mon Cal Cruiser would have to be at least three times to the size of that of an Impstar.

Thougths? Answers? Musings and Rantings???

Sene Unty
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:08:22 AM
A wood chuck would chuck wayyyyyy too much wood.....but that's all the answers I've got for you......

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:47:43 PM
Darn woodchucks ! Eating my picnic table

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:59:05 PM
LOL but really I do know the answer to the turbo laser question.

Turbo laser range is somewhere around 50,000 Km. It says "Several tens of thousands" but what exactly is several. more to think about . hehehehe and if you want the velocity of a turbo laser bolt it is 700 meters per second. I wont go into any of the other questions ill let someone else stand up in class and wont hog all the teachers attention.

Lord Gue
Oct 5th, 2002, 02:52:42 PM
We all speak of standard fighter deployment. Well, what is that?

Whatever formation your most likely to use, or the standard of ur ship/fleet.empire

We array our fleets. But how? How does one cover on'es rear?

All about the formations bud, in the movies, especialy Death Star scenes it seems the fleet is based on a line formation with TIE's to handle rear attacks

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

a laden swallow would be 8.9 mph, I dont know about unladen

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

depends on what instrument he would be able to chuck wood with if a wood chuck could chuck wood

Are X-wings kept in racks like TIEs? If not, their hangars would reqiure much more space than their equivalent TIE squadrons. So realistically a landing bayt on a Mon Cal Cruiser would have to be at least three times to the size of that of an Impstar.

X-wings are supiour to TIE's and thus dont need to be found in overwhelming numbers as TIE's do, so the lesser amount of TIE's stored in the smaller hangar space equals out to the more amount of TIE's held in the same amount of space

Admiral Lebron
Oct 5th, 2002, 08:50:38 PM
African or European?

Telan Desaria
Oct 5th, 2002, 11:30:37 PM
European

imported_Reshmar
Oct 6th, 2002, 07:38:17 AM
Wouldn't it all depend on your tactics as to how you position your fleet? Battle lines work but have serious drawbacks. also a star destroyer really isn't designed for it. It works better firing forward. Not that it cant do battle lines but it in design is able to fire most of it weapons forward.. Mon Cal vessels are not as capable of this , and battle lines make more sense.