View Full Version : Amending past grievances [Cherice]

Salem Ave
Sep 30th, 2002, 11:22:16 AM
The first encounter between the succubi and vampyre had not gone well. Both dogmatic and stubborn in their opinions and mannerisms, their personalities had clashed – unfortunately – leaving an awkward sudden end to their conversation. It had taken Salem some time to come to the conclusion that he had been the more bull-headed of the two in the discussion, and thus the task of apologising was left to him. In the end, he didn’t mind much: not if it would gain him a little company. He was a solitary being, but one could only tolerate so much silence.

A message had arrived at Cherice quarters, which read as follows:

Please come to the foot of the Palace steps at 10pm. – Salem.

And so he waited.

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 30th, 2002, 11:43:44 AM
She had received a message earlier on in the day from Salem, asking for her to come to his quarters at 10. Their last meeting hadn't ended so well, and Cherice still felt slightly guilty leaving him like that.

But, so she waited, until her clock struct ten, and grabbed her cloak and went out the door. The hallways seemed to be colder than usual, and she was glad for the warmth.

After exiting the Palace, she saw a hunched figure standing at the palace steps, and knew it was Salem. She made her way towards him until she was by his side, and looked up at the moon. Remaining silent.

Salem Ave
Sep 30th, 2002, 11:57:11 AM
He wasn’t hunched over as per usual, but instead stood rigid and upright. The increase in his height was very clear and left him at a towering yet unusually proportioned 6 foot 7 inches. He turned his head at the sound of the footfalls from behind; crushing against the thin layer of ice the chill had formed upon the paving stones.

“Good evening,”

Speaking, absent of hiss or slur, he nodded in greeting to Cherice. Warmth seemed to radiate from his eyes, though the rest of his body gave the impression it was as cold as death itself.

“I’m glad you decided to come… walk with me.”

Without explanation, he began to pace forward.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 1st, 2002, 06:33:43 PM
She frowned slightly, but began to walk by his side. It was unusual - he wasn't stuttering or slurring, and he was standing straight up .. making her feel quite short, since she only reached 5'7.

"I just wouldn't leave you here by yourself," she remarked to Salem's last statement, then lapsed into silence.

Salem Ave
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:56:04 AM
“I wasssn’t sure,”

An unexplainable nervousness struck him.

“After all, I wasssn’t exactly the most warrrming of hosts,” Salem added.

“I jussst wanted to apologize.”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:14:52 PM
Well, so his temporary change in his speech didn't last long, but she didn't mind. His unique way of speaking made him, well, one of a kind.

"Apology accepted ..."

She sighed slightly and looked down at the icey ground.

"I should have apologized earlier, but my pride held me back."

Salem Ave
Oct 3rd, 2002, 11:33:25 AM
“I think perrrhaps we arrre even in that ressspect. Though I imagine it would be a good idea to ssset aside pride between us.” Salem replied with a nod.

“… The Order that is,” he then added with an after thought.

Casting his eyes forward, he picked up upon the landscape before them, than unravelled from the buildings that the Sith Order controlled into a dense forest land, flanked on one side by a valley and thick ridge of mountains. None of these had been explored by Salem before … perchance tonight would be a good night to do so.

“I don’t sssuppose you’rrre busy this evening?”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:11:54 PM
"I didn't have anything planned," she replied, following his eyes to the scene that unwraveled before them. Indeed, it was beautiful, and the two continued to 'trod' along the icey path.

Salem Ave
Oct 4th, 2002, 11:26:19 AM
The light from the still-rising moon above caused patches of the crystalline ice underfoot to glint as rays flecked against the jagged stones and pathway. With each step he caused a shatter of the glace carpet beneath them, though he pushed the noise out of his mind in favour of the subtle beating he could hear ebbing from within Cherice.

“Would you like to take a walk perrrhaps? To sss-ee a little of the wilderrrness out here?” Salem questioned, eyes remaining on the ground in front of him as he walked.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 5th, 2002, 12:17:57 PM
"A walk would be lovely."

Cherice was looking at the trees that were a ways ahead of the two. It seemed both dark and inviting, making her smile inwardly. The Succubi then glanced sideways at Salem.

"It won't be long until you're promoted, I hear."

Salem Ave
Oct 5th, 2002, 12:44:03 PM
“I wouldn’t know about that,” Salem replied.

He too watched the trees as the entry of the forest drew closer and closer. It was shadowed and ominous: the perfect setting for the exploration the two would hopefully be undergoing.

“I’m not exactly linked into the sss-ocial community herrre,” he added with a faint breathy laugh.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 5th, 2002, 02:15:57 PM
"Is anyone?"

It was true - most here was 'loners', tending to avoid others as much as possible except for training. Noticing that they weren't far from the forest now, she began to pick up the pace. Since they were closer, she could see the ice crystals clinging onto the branches, giving it a somewhat enchanted look.

Salem Ave
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:54:59 AM
The canopy slow grew over them as the light from the moon became dappled through the gaps in the branches. It’s dull glow shone down onto the damp bed of the forest and as they took their first steps inside of, the wind swept through the leaves, rustling them – and indeed the inhabitants of the wood too. Salem looked upwards, head almost fully tilted back so that he could see the talon-esque branches strained above.

“I sss-uppose you’rrre right. But then therrre aren’t many here who would take favourably to me, nor I to them… sss-o I imagine it is better this way.”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 7th, 2002, 10:30:06 AM
She smiled slightly at his comment and looked to her right, having heard something scuttle off behind a tree. The creatures that inhabited the dark forest were watching the two intruders curiously, and hopefully they would keep their "amiable" disposition.

The branches of the trees seemed to reach out, almost wanting to ensnare Salem or Cherice, as the wind that blew past echoed faintly of a widow mourning the loss of her children.

"It's dreadfully gorgeous," she mumbled, more to herself than to Salem.

Salem Ave
Oct 7th, 2002, 12:48:54 PM
“Ah, then you arrre alike, a-kin even.”

Salem replied with a nod, though he imagined his compliment to the succubus was in the most part unnoticed.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 7th, 2002, 07:52:08 PM
Turning her head to look back at Salem, a smile drew across her lips.

"But you, Salem - even your presence whispers untold mysteries of the night. I do not know if it is because of who you are, or because of what you are."

Salem Ave
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:08:33 AM
“I imagine what I am overrrshadowsss my personality, if you can call it that, in mossst peoples eyes,”

He looked away, and up into the branches as he brushed his hands against opposite arms; a habitual gesture to warm himself.

“No doubt the sssame is trrrue for you… we are very much comparable.”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:30:00 AM
"But I, myself, do not even know who I am."

The sound of gurgling water caught her attention and she quickened her pace slightly. There, just beyond the next two or three trees, was a stream whose water looked black in the dark. It caught the moon's rays and seemed to reflect the whole forest. Cherice grinned despite of the solemn air that seemed to surround her.

"It makes me wonder, Salem.. How many bodies have been dumped in here?"

Salem Ave
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:41:50 AM
Slowly he eased himself to crouch and leant forward across the water, to stare down into the black. No sign of reflection showed, and thus he found himself stared into a pool of shadow; ironically not that different from his own eyes.

“… Thousands,” he remarked. “A veritable gorge of decay.”

Without so much as another look, he stood up, looked to Cherice, then glanced past her into the darkness – the black had enveloped everything around them, and seemed to stretch an infinite distance, though by simply taking one pace forward the shadows seemed to crane away to allow the Sith a clearer view.

“… Beautiful.”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:51:52 AM
The Succubi looked upstream and saw an unmoving mass laying near the bankbed. She smirked slightly and then looked back down at the stream.

"I bet it runs thick with blood.."

Salem Ave
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:58:47 AM
“The blood of the dead, perrrhaps,”

It was true; he could smell it. The scent hung think in the air, forcing itself down his throat, choking him – though he did not show it, but instead remained impassive. Without cause for alarm, he began to pace away from it and into the tree’s once more, hopefully onward toward a more comfortable setting.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 8th, 2002, 02:52:16 PM
Cherice noticed Salem moving away from the corner of her eye and frowned, turning around to follow him. The sound of the gurgling stream receeded as they drew further away, leaving only a memory for them to remember it by.

Salem Ave
Oct 9th, 2002, 09:30:45 AM
“I am currrious,” he began as they walked, addressing Cherice without looking at her.

“Were you born as you are?”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 11th, 2002, 11:04:43 AM
"Of course," she replied with an air of pride.

"You can't just make a Succubi."

The dead leaves underneath their feet were still rotting underneath the thin layer of ice, providing warmth for the insects that would come out when the weather became nice once more - to feast on plant roots, destroying the beauty that had stilled in the freeze.

Salem Ave
Oct 11th, 2002, 11:12:51 AM
As he walked, he was reminded of places he had once been, where putrefaction was ripe amongst the flora and fauna, and where he felt so at home.

“Then you come frrrom a long line of beingsss as you are?”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 11th, 2002, 11:35:21 AM
"Yes."

Wrapping her arms around herself, she sighed slightly and looked down at the ground.

Salem Ave
Oct 11th, 2002, 12:02:26 PM
“Do you enjoy being asss you are?” he questioned as he stopped walking, watching Cherice out of the corner of one eye.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 11th, 2002, 06:15:50 PM
"Of course I do!"

Her remark was laced with a slight air of miffed pride. She loved her elegance, her cleanliness, her beauty - but hated others for it. It would be the neverending jealousy that could drive her to insanity if she continued to act this way.

But, old habits die hard.

She had stopped only a couple inches infront of Salem, and turned around to face him.

"And you? Do you not enjoy being a Vampyre?"

Salem Ave
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:50:38 AM
From where he stood, he could again hear her pulse, and smell the scent of the haute blood that Cherice’s veins ran with.

“… Sss-ometmies.”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:01:44 AM
"Sometimes ? But you made the decision to be Embraced, did you not ?"

Salem Ave
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:05:45 AM
“Ye-sss, and it is exquisssite sometimes… though others I feel drrrained by it. I do not complain, of course.”

He, unknowingly, was moving one hand towards Cherice. The cuff had slipped down over the cloven finger-tips, but still he stretched out to lace the digits with Cherice’s – unintentionally, of course.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:20:51 AM
"Nobody seems to complain."

Lowering her arms, she felt something brush against her fingers and looked down, seeing it was Salem. Whether he meant it to be intentional or not, she didn't know, but he laced his fingers with hers. A faint trace of a smile appeared on her lips and she looked back up at him, remaining silent.

Salem Ave
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:25:06 AM
“What’sss the point? We are what we are, there is no changing that.”

The lack of resistance was faintly pleasing, and so he gave the hand he held a weak squeeze. One thing about Salem which seemed to unnerve people was that you could never tell where he was looking – without having definable pupils, his line of sight could never been seen, and thus he could be looking at anything on at person at anytime…

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:30:01 AM
"I wish some would see from your point of view," she said, looking up towards the moon.

"I must admit .. It's been a long time since anybody's held my hand without me ripping their flesh."

Except for Jehova, but she didn't really count him. All he was doing was taking her through a training exercise.

Salem Ave
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:33:23 AM
With her head titled upwards, the soft indigo skin of her neck could be seen clearly.

“Why isss that?”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:38:40 AM
"Usually, when people 'hold my hand', it's because they're nothing but a food source, and I take them to meet their destruction."

They were nothing but breathing maggots, taking up space in the galaxy with their riches or poverty, producing mass populations where ever they went.

Salem Ave
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:41:28 AM
Discreetly, he had canted his head a little inwards.

“… Am I meat forrr the grinder, food, too then?” he remarked, his tone almost childish though still monotone.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:44:22 AM
"Of course not."

Slowly, almost painfully, she looked back towards him. Where he got that sort of thought from was beyond her.

Salem Ave
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:47:58 AM
Reflex willed him to lean his head back away, and he looked up towards the moon. Each of his hands was split into three prongs, and thus as Cherice felt a subtle caress, the cold limb that was idly stroking her skin was more like part of a hoof than any hand of a humanoid.

“Then… how am I able to hold yourrr hand?”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:55:23 AM
"You're doing it right now, aren't you?"

A shudder almost went down her spine when she felt something else caress her hand, meaning it had to be another part of his hand, but it stopped when her subconscience brought up the image of the demon she was. Yes, all Creations were beautiful in their own twisted, perverse way. Even Salem.

Salem Ave
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:58:30 AM
He may not have been a mind reader, but he could sense some things. Swiftly, he removed the grasp and withdrew his hand back into his sleeve, tucking it into his robe.

“… No.”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:02:44 PM
"You're the one at fault, then."

Shrugging, Cherice looked over her shoulder before back at Salem.

"You know, there's nothing to be ashamed of."

Salem Ave
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:04:36 PM
“I know. Ju-ssst…”

He tugged back the cuff and held up his hand to her, just above waist level. He curled the three pale talons inwards before spreading them out again.

“…Look at them and tell me you arrre not repulsssed.”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:10:43 PM
She wrapped her hands around the talons and curled them together while leaning forward slightly.

"Everyone is beautiful," she whispered.

"You have your own grace to emphasize the unique gifts you have been given."

Salem Ave
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:17:07 PM
The long dormant wings under his cloak and garments longed to spread now, to show just how gifted he was – but alas they stayed limp. Looking down – presumably – at the hands that held his.

“Beautiful,” he murmured as he looked from his own cloven hand to the nimble violet fingertips curled around it.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:23:11 PM
Although one hand remained on his, she reached up with the other and ran her index finger over his cheek.

"Do not be ashamed of what you can show to the world, Salem."

Salem Ave
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:26:38 PM
This was all the verification his mind needed. His posture became more firm as his height increased a good 5 inches – due to his straightening up his body. Then, without hesitation, he bent his head to Cherice’s in an attempt to filch a kiss.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:31:01 PM
When he pressed his cold lips against hers, she kissed back just as eagerly. The very thought of this happening during their last visit would be impossible, but they had already pushed their faults behind them and moved on. Biting down softly on his lower lip, she looked up into his dark eyes.

Salem Ave
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:35:37 PM
It would be lying to say that he didn’t desperately want to bite her now, to immortalize the moment by ‘dining’ on her, but he resisted it and instead simply allowed his lips to linger against hers for a few moments longer. Breaking away, he made a sort of ‘hmm’ noise as he looked a smile – which looked considerably out of place on his face – to creep onto his lips. It faded sharply, however, as he looked up again to the sky, then turned to look back to the forest.

“… Perrrhaps we should carry on walking.”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:42:01 PM
"If you want."

Realizing that one of her hands were still on his, Cherice quickly withdrew it, thinking it was what he wanted. She didn't realize just how strong the Vampiric 'urges' were in him, although she had a vague sense considering her own feeding 'urges'.

Salem Ave
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:46:26 PM
Almost agitated, he reclaimed the hand and held it more firmly than before. Beginning to walk, he thought it must have been unusual to see the two – the 6’7” disproportionately lithe boy draped in black, with his counterpart, the violet skinned white haired demoness.

“Thisss is why I brrrought you out herrre, you know…”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:50:00 PM
"To tell the truth, I wasn't really quite sure."

He had taken her hand back, which told her that her assumptions were wrong, and the two continued to walk as if nothing had happened.

Salem Ave
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:51:26 PM
He remained silent for a short while.

“What do you mean?”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:54:38 PM
"As to why you wanted to meet me. I thought you hated me after that unpleasant evening."

Cherice kicked a stone that was in her path and watched it skitter infront of them.

Salem Ave
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:56:49 PM
“Farrr from it…”

Truthfully, he hadn’t been able to get her out of the back of his mind, but to confess this would be silly – it sounded trite.

“Yourrr company is beyond pleasssing.”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 12th, 2002, 01:00:46 PM
"You flatter me."

Running her tongue over the front of her upper teeth, the Succubi gave a slight grin.

"But I am glad to hear it."

Salem Ave
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:17:04 AM
“I sss-peak only the trrruth,”

He lowered his eyes, scuffing the toes of his boots against the forest floor as he walked.

“You’rrre, pardon the phrrrasssing, unusssual…”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 13th, 2002, 12:31:09 PM
"And like you aren't?"

Smirking slightly, she clasped her hands behind her back and skimmed the view of the forest she had. It seemed neverending, with trees stretching as far as the eye could see.

Salem Ave
Oct 14th, 2002, 09:58:38 AM
“I mean comparrred to the otherrrsss here. Mossst are so … blinkered, with their minds sss-et on one track. You... I’m not sure about you.”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 14th, 2002, 03:22:27 PM
She shrugged slightly, lowering her gaze from the trees to the ground.

"I have my own beliefs, unlike some."

Salem Ave
Oct 17th, 2002, 11:32:25 AM
Salem nodded slightly. He had become unsure of what to say to Cherice, primarily because his goal for the evening – to reacquaint her as a friend and perhaps more – had been achieved. For this reason, he remained silent as they walked, and took in the scenery as a means of occupying himself.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 17th, 2002, 12:25:02 PM
The silence between the two that filled the air was broken by a shrill cry of a bird - whose eggs had probably been eaten by a hungry snake, but Cherice kept her gaze on the ground. Like Salem, she wasn't sure of what to say, so she let the sounds of nature do the speaking instead.

Salem Ave
Oct 19th, 2002, 01:50:48 AM
“I…”

Salem slipped his hands tightly into the pockets of his robes.

“Maybe we sss-hould head back?”

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 27th, 2002, 01:22:54 AM
"If that's what you want."

Still, she remained staring at the ground, listening to the crackling of the leaves and ice under their feet.

Salem Ave
Oct 27th, 2002, 04:31:22 AM
There was no resistance against the suggestion so he took it that she had tired of his company and nodded, turning and picking up pace.

“Verrry well,” he murmured.