View Full Version : The Two Towers trailer

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 30th, 2002, 02:21:40 AM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=390621#post390621

Finally out! It's a right stunner.....

Darth23
Sep 30th, 2002, 09:55:53 PM
This is MUCH better than the other trailers I've seen. (for EITHER movie) :D

PJ's sweeping, flying external shots still get on my nerves tho.

Not too wild about the way Gollum, looks either. :p

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 30th, 2002, 10:08:36 PM
For me its hard to say about Gollum, I will have to get a better look at him, I do like his voice though.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 30th, 2002, 10:36:04 PM
Full trailer is now in glorious quality up at ...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/the_two_towers/

darth_mcbain
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:44:16 AM
Looks pretty good - although I didn't think that Treebeard (I'm assuming it was him) looked all that good. They may still be working on the effects, though, or maybe it was just my version of Quicktime. Everything else looks pretty good.

I also have to say, I'm disappointed that they tell you that Gandalf comes back. Granted, probably most of the world knew that anyway, but it still seems like they let the cat out of the bag on that one.

Darth23
Oct 1st, 2002, 02:20:26 PM
The other trailer told everyone that. So did a lot of interviews after FOTR. It would be pretty hard to keep that as a spoiler.

Those cgi-wolves(?) looked liek they had cgi-move-too-fast disease.

That was one thing I loved about the reek - cgi-fx that were made to looke like stop-motion animation. :D

ReaperFett
Oct 1st, 2002, 03:52:43 PM
Darth, I didnt know until trailer 1

Darth Viscera
Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:10:07 AM
What's with the Arwen & Elrond scenes? I just finished reading TTT like 5 days ago and I don't remember those in the book. Same applies for Saruman shouting encouraging words to his army at Orthanc before they set out.

Though those scenes would give the movie more scope.

P.S.
The 25 frames of the Dead Marshes scene are interlaced, and thus quite sucky.

JMK
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:52:25 AM
I think PJ has taken alot of liberties to change/modify certain aspects of the movie to make it more coherent and faster paced on the screen. Throughout TTT Aragorn & Arwen's romance is not at all touched upon, so to let that fade out of TTT on screen would be dumb.

Darth Viscera
Oct 3rd, 2002, 09:22:17 AM
Some people will probably get choked up at the end, when they see Frodo die. That was a very touching part of the book for me, and made me sad for like 10 minutes until I had read a few more pages.

JMK
Oct 3rd, 2002, 09:48:09 AM
That's remarkable Viscera! I am probably at the same part of the book as you! I read that part on monday night, and I was totally bummed!

Figrin D'an
Oct 3rd, 2002, 11:56:48 AM
Actually, PJ has said that all the scenes involving Shelob will be pushed to the beginning of Return of the King. TTT is supposed to end with Frodo, Sam and Gollum beginning the climb past Minas Morgul... kind of a parallel to the end of FOTR, except an ascent instead of a decent (into Emyn Muil).

The existing ending in TTT would have been a great cliffhanger... but apparently PJ has a lot of material in TTT already... that, and PJ has said that the Scouring of the Shire will not be in ROTK at all, so pushing Shelob's introduction back will help round the final film. Personally... I hope that is a trick/joke, like many people believe the RSWD picture is regarding Saruman... leaving out the Scouring would change too much, IMO...

Arya Ravenwing
Oct 3rd, 2002, 12:30:29 PM
In the trailer I swear I saw Sam take the Ring from Frodo's prone body. Tell me I'm wrong! But I'm not!! Ok I still might be.

darth_mcbain
Oct 3rd, 2002, 12:58:54 PM
I see what you're talking about Arya, but that might be a different part than Frodo's death in Shelob's lair. I heard the rumor as well that we wouldn't be seeing that in TTT, but who knows. I'll have to reread TTT before the movie comes out - I really need a refresher course - been a while since I last read it.

Darth Viscera
Oct 3rd, 2002, 01:55:22 PM
JMK, ATM I'm @ ROTK, pg 201.

JMK
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:13:01 PM
Ok, then you're a bit ahead of me. I'm at Minas Tirith.

ReaperFett
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:16:11 PM
Ive not got them out the shrinkwrap yet, Im saving them :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:39:17 PM
*nicks his books* :mischief

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:37:17 PM
Okay, I would like to point out that it is clear to me a fair bit of the "romance" we see is, in fact flashbacks. And I would also point out that a good deal of thts romance, while not in the books main, is in an appendix.

Altho, I am concerned about Arwen going to Helm's Deep, as she seems to be doing. In the books of course, it is the Sons of Elrond who go. Although, this would be done to explain how Aragorn gets Narsil.

One of the things a lot of Tolkien newbies just wont know is that Jackson pulls in stuff from Appendix and also the Silmarillion, plus other Tolkien source, he is not just using the books. Now you might see something (Like Aragorn and Arwen) and say hey, not in books! I would say Cool! That's in appendix or in this book elsewhere. Tolkiens work has to be viewed as a whole and even he says this.

I think one of biggest problems Jackson said he had was the who the hell is Arwen? She appears only once in FOTR and a ew times in ROTK, movie audiences would be totally WTF'ed if she just appeared and married Aragorn. As for the Scoring of The Shire not in..... well..... who knows. I'm not fussed, even if it is one of the most importart parts of the books. There's so much to film and so much to try to make and audience to make sense out of

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:54:51 PM
I disagree: it IS the most important part of the books! :cry

Darth23
Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:54:50 PM
I dont' really have anythign to say - I just wanted to add some more grey blobs. :p