PDA

View Full Version : New Lotr:ttt Goodness!!!!!

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 30th, 2002, 12:29:27 AM
The final trailer is out! It's not downloadable yet, it's in Real Player format and it's availible for your drooling pleasure at http://www.lordoftherings.net/

Be warned - this trailer is serious, serious spoilers if you have not read the books.

Ents ARE in, and so is Wolfriders (for all you Garou) and the fight between Gandalf and the Balrog is in as well. Much more is in that I can put down - go look. It's staggering how good it is

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 30th, 2002, 02:19:56 AM
http://progressive.stream.aol.com/aol/us/aolentertainment/movies/2002/lotr/132757_638498_dl.mov

And now in Quicktime!

Oriadin
Sep 30th, 2002, 02:48:13 AM
That looks excellent. Im looking forward to when I get home from work so I can watch it with sound! Cheers for the Link.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 30th, 2002, 02:50:42 AM
With sound, it's going to creep you out.

Oriadin
Sep 30th, 2002, 03:01:03 AM
Oooo, cant wait!

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 30th, 2002, 03:09:02 AM
* Is a total and utter drooling mess *

I dont know how the hell they did it... but TTT is looking like it's going to blow FOTR totally away.

This movie can NOT come out too fast for me.

Leeloo Mina
Sep 30th, 2002, 03:27:47 AM
Blah.. you're making me drool just thinking about it now..

*goes to watch it*

Leeloo Mina
Sep 30th, 2002, 03:32:29 AM
HOLY -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-E THAT LOOKS GOOD!

There are a few spoliers though.. but man that looks GOOD!

I can't wait for it now ^_^

Levi Argon
Sep 30th, 2002, 05:58:21 AM
ARGH! You bastard!

I have a dilemma now - I wanted to wait until the film to see how they did the Ents but I don't think I can resist. I don't think I will wait now I come to think about it.

Ok, I'm going in there...

I hate you! :grumble

Levi Argon
Sep 30th, 2002, 07:22:18 AM
OMG! That's a sexy trailer, but I'm glad we only saw the feet and hands of Treebeard.

Sene Unty
Sep 30th, 2002, 08:32:18 AM
Hot damn December 18th can't get here quick enough.....Jesus that was awesome!!!!

Zehro Grievers
Sep 30th, 2002, 08:50:20 AM
*drools*
Awesome!

*changes out drool bucket*

Looks a helluva lot better than FoTR

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 30th, 2002, 10:34:57 AM
looks very good :)

Aza Carpals
Sep 30th, 2002, 03:42:08 PM
DUDE!

*is all goosepimply now*

Now I am REALLY gonna go see it for sure!

Leeloo Mina
Sep 30th, 2002, 03:52:39 PM
Originally posted by Levi Argon
OMG! That's a sexy trailer, but I'm glad we only saw the feet and hands of Treebeard.

Me too.. I wanted to wait untill I seen the movie for that :)

Xazor Elessar
Sep 30th, 2002, 06:35:18 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*drools in utter awe*

Uh.........I have no words...........except that:

IT LOOKS FRELLING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*jumps around like a jumping bean full of excitment* :crack :crack :crack

Kelt Simoson
Sep 30th, 2002, 06:45:42 PM
Not bad atall....i love the music to get the watches all workedup...gives me goospimpels....

but im not in the trailer:(

Xazor Elessar
Sep 30th, 2002, 06:49:36 PM
I'M IN THE TRAILER!!!!!!!! :lol Hehehehe.......*does happy dance* Nice new images of ME! ;) :lol

Admiral Lebron
Sep 30th, 2002, 07:26:25 PM
I can't wait for it... :(

Dae Jinn
Sep 30th, 2002, 08:40:27 PM
looks awesome! i can't wait :cry I want the sexy ranger now!!!

Lord Gue
Sep 30th, 2002, 09:50:06 PM
It must be mine...

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 30th, 2002, 10:36:32 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/the_two_towers/

Full screen version now availible!

Leeloo Mina
Sep 30th, 2002, 11:18:00 PM
:cry :cry

I'M NOT IN THE TRAILER EITHER!!!

Dae Jinn
Oct 1st, 2002, 12:42:20 AM
*watched full screen version*

:cry Me want now!!!!

*Covets Viggo's sexiness*

Figrin D'an
Oct 1st, 2002, 01:37:16 AM
Looks good... visuals will be unbelievable, I'm sure... dialogue seems solid...

I don't really want to put a damper on everyone's crack fix here, but there are some concerns I have...

First of all, Eowyn. I knew that she, like Arwen, would have an increased role in the films. As long as it is done well, I don't have too much of a problem with this. The interaction with Aragorn I question a little. In the text, Aragorn and Eowyn exchange about 4 lines of dialogue total, and their most "intimate" moment occurs when she hands him a glass of wine and their hands touch. Having Eowyn and the people of Edoras travel to Helm's Deep with the forces of Rohan is fine for the film... it eliminates the need for an explanation about Dunharrow... I just hope that their close proximity doesn't become an excuse to overplay the attraction between them. Yes, Eowyn feels something for Aragorn, but Aragorn is ultimately faithful to Arwen. Also... Eowyn slaying an Uruk-Hai at Helm's Deep really seems to detract from her actions in ROTK...

Second... this rumor really really bugs me... it better not be true, or I, along with many other Tolkien fans, will be seriously pissed...

Saruman dying at Isengard. The infamous RSWD (Round Spiked Wheelie Dealie) picture has been floating around for a while... some sources say it's legit... others claim that it's a hoax, and part of a practical joke played on people trying to leak information about the film. While it would be a nice inside joke for fans of Christopher Lee's work.... it totally screws up so many aspects of the story. PJ has said that the Scouring of the Shire won't be in ROTK, which is bad enough... but that fact would seem to give this rumor about Saruman's demise even more credibility. This is something that has gone back and forth, in many a discussion on LOTR fansites for a while now, and nobody has any answers. Looks like the only way to know for sure will be to wait until the first reviews of the film start to show up. . I liked FOTR a lot, and for the most part, I like what I have seen in the trailers for TTT. But, this, if it is true, is totally unexcusable. It better be a joke...

I noticed some other text-to-film changes, but they're not anything major. The trailer looks very good, and I'm glad some things will be shown that were not depicted in real-time in the text (Gandalf fighting the Balrog on Zirakzigil, the Ents marching on Isengard)... here's hoping that the big things are done right.

Leeloo Mina
Oct 1st, 2002, 03:38:53 AM
Ya had to ruin out crack induced happiness, eh? :mneh

When I watched the trailer, the part where she asks him about the necklace I thought that it seemed that they might try to make it seem that the feelings are mutal between them -_- Hope not.

Figrin D'an
Oct 1st, 2002, 01:16:20 PM
A major question finally answered.

Big time spoiler, so be warned...

http://www.decipher.com/lordoftherings/cardlists/twotowers/images/LOTR-EN04104.jpg

As long as they get the movement right, that might end up being the most impressive piece of CG in the entire trilogy. From that pic, it looks pretty amazing, considering that most artist renderings have been pretty goofy looking.

Kelt Simoson
Oct 1st, 2002, 03:18:20 PM
still not in the bloody trailer:(

Dae Jinn
Oct 1st, 2002, 06:00:45 PM
Awww. Poor Kelt *huggles* They have no more Kelt action figures left at the store though :) Someone likes you out there.

I enjoyed the trailer, especially when i played it on fast forward, Sauromans' voice is sooooooooooo funny :lol

Leeloo Mina
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:42:22 PM
Link doesn't work.. :\

Figrin D'an
Oct 1st, 2002, 10:18:03 PM
They removed the pic from the Decipher site, for whatever reason...

Here, if you want to see it, it's attached below...

As before, MAJOR spoiler, so don't say you weren't warned...

Dae Jinn
Oct 1st, 2002, 10:21:37 PM
*has no clue who treebeard is * :cry I'm still on the first book....

Figrin D'an
Oct 1st, 2002, 10:29:17 PM
It's a big deal... trust me.

Leeloo Mina
Oct 1st, 2002, 10:47:13 PM
Ooohh.. looks nice. I couldn't help myself ^_^

But yeah, Figrin's right.

Dae Jinn
Oct 1st, 2002, 11:32:54 PM
I'm guessing so. One day I'll get the books all read...:\

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:19:08 AM
BOOYAH FOO'!

*shoves someone randomly* >D

Figrin D'an
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:01:35 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
BOOYAH FOO'!

*shoves someone randomly* >D

Damn you! I nearly spit water on my keyboard when I read that!

:lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:18:00 AM
:angel

Leeloo Mina
Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:44:26 AM
:lol!!

*gets shoved*

:(

:p

Levi Argon
Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:26:31 AM
(Resists temptation to view attatchment, I can't wait to see Treebeard and IP hope we get to hear what the Ent's moot sounds like.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:42:02 AM
:lol haven't heard booyah in awhile....