PDA

View Full Version : How do I....

Zatania Duvall
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:11:36 PM
Convert midis into wav files? I'm making a desktop theme but I can't seem to find any wavs for the theme I want so I have to make midis into wavs.

Lord Gue
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:16:16 PM
change formats when u save them or maybe change the file they open with

Jehova Eaven
Sep 29th, 2002, 04:09:08 PM
It won't convert, I used to try to do that and never found a way. Perhaps someone more computer savvy than I would like to prove me wrong.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 29th, 2002, 04:10:58 PM
Why would you wanna do that? It increases the filesize massively, for no real improvement :(

Zatania Duvall
Sep 29th, 2002, 04:25:40 PM
I want to have a complete desktop theme to my comp so thats why I wanna do it. I already have sounds but they don't match the theme.

imported_Grev Drasen
Sep 29th, 2002, 08:42:25 PM
You need to download a program that can convert files.

I'd suggest going to download.com and looking for a freeware program that isn't very big to use.

Jehova Eaven
Sep 29th, 2002, 09:44:45 PM
I did that before when I was trying to do that. Couldn't find one.

imported_Firebird1
Sep 29th, 2002, 09:50:33 PM
They are correct sir, you will need a converson program. There are a few free ones, but many of them you'll need to pay for.

Pritty much you need to check and see if you have a CD-R or CD-RW Drive, this means that you might have the needed software already installed on your computer.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 29th, 2002, 11:05:42 PM
My Nero Program didn't have that... You can buy Audigey Mixer, A New Sound Card, it comes with 3 Sound Mixing Programs. I thinking about buying it, for it also hooks up to my Keyboard, and pulls music from DVD Video Games.

(Yes, I know programs can do all this also (except the connecting to Keyboard) But This allows you to help America's Economy! BE PATRIOTIC!!! AND SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY!!!)

Blaine
Sep 29th, 2002, 11:28:35 PM
Or you can just get a bootleg program and not be patriotic... o_O.

I was never here.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 30th, 2002, 12:14:14 AM
You can do it with winamp... any version, I believe. Go Options>Preferences and then, under the "Plugins category" choose "Nullsoft Disk Writer plug-in." Choose your output directory, like your desktop, for example, and then click OK and close it. Then, add your MIDI file to the playlist and double-click it. If you did it right a Wav sould appear on your desktop, or wherever you set it to. :D

Of course, if you want to use winamp to just play things again you have to remember to set it back to "Nullsoft waveOut." or whatever you had before.