PDA

View Full Version : To heck with fate...

Chance Cube
Sep 29th, 2002, 02:32:19 PM
Some how I made it. Some how I freed my self from that greasy palmed toydarian. It's been a long trip, but then again, half way across the galaxy is but a mere speck compared to the span of the universe...

But what to do now? I thought of becoming a jedi, but then I realized that jedi must be able to say more than "red" and "blue", and quickly dismissed that idea.

*looks around*

Might someone have a warm, comfy pocket to let?

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2002, 02:33:58 PM
Zeke picked the small object off of the floor.

"Heh, a chance cube."

Chance Cube
Sep 29th, 2002, 02:38:05 PM
*Stares at Zeke*

He might want to reconsider picking me up; I serve only those whom I choose. Great misfortunes come to those who toy with chance cubes...

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2002, 02:42:47 PM
He rolled it in his palm and strode to the counter.

"Chance cubes...deciders of fate..."

Chance Cube
Sep 29th, 2002, 02:45:04 PM
*silently broods*

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2002, 02:46:15 PM
"Hn. I don't need it, I guess..." he cast it down the bar, watching it come to a stop against an empty glass left by a patron.

Chance Cube
Sep 29th, 2002, 02:48:15 PM
*tumbles, coming to rest blue side up*

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2002, 02:54:48 PM
"Heh. Blue."

The bartender picked it up and rattled it in his palm.

"Is this guy gonna order a drink? Red says yes...blue says no."

And he cast the chance cube back at Zeke.

Chance Cube
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:03:05 PM
*rolls speedily towards Zeke, bouncing off of his hand.*

Wheee.

*bounces back towards the bartender, coming to rest red side up.*

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:06:37 PM
"Tch."

Zeke scoffed. But he had come in with the intent of buying a drink. What it was, he didn't care...why not leave it to chance?

"Red: Juice. Blue: Corellian ale."

And he tossed it back at the bartender.

Chance Cube
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:17:46 PM
*tink tink tinkltinkle t-tink ... tink*

Bouncing happily back towards the bartender, I finally came to rest blue side up.

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:22:41 PM
As Zeke's ale was served he lost interest in the cube; it had done its duty for him. But the bartender was still looking at it, as if expecting it to move of its own accord.

Chance Cube
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:26:59 PM
*sings silently*

Bartender please, fill my glass for me, with the wine you gave Solo that set him free after three months in the carbonite.

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:28:54 PM
The baretender picked up the cube and shook it in his hand, at a loss for what to use it for next.

Meltina
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:30:04 PM
"Cooljiesss!"

Meltina saw the cube bouncing on the countertop and jumped up, trying to reach for it. It had both of her favorites colors on it - red and blue - and seemed to have a life of its own. The man who held it called it a chance cube, but all she cared about was that it could be used to play with.

"jI wanna sssee jit! Lemme sssee jit!"

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:32:52 PM
The bartender smiled.

"Red...I give it to you...Blue...I keep it for myself!"

He cast it down the bar where it came to rest against Zeke's bottle.

Chance Cube
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:35:54 PM
*ping*

I came to a stop, blue side up, and the bartender retrieved me.

I was then placed on the shelf next to the courvoisier, and having quite the commanding view of the room, began watching. Probing the minds of weaker species is my favorite hobby. You can find out so much about a space port or city from the thoughts of it's lesser beings...

Zeke
Oct 1st, 2002, 07:55:22 PM
When the bartender turned his back, Zeke held his palm up and called on the Force. The cube zipped speedily to his hand.

Chance Cube
Nov 1st, 2002, 07:12:30 PM
Feeling the tug of his force pull, I wondered just how persistent I had to be. As I came to rest in Zeke's hand, the bartender looked up.

"You'd better be returning that..." scowled the bartender.

Zeke
Nov 1st, 2002, 07:16:29 PM
"What use do you have for it? It's no good simply sitting on a shelf."

Why did he want the thing?